Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 441 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 335 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

I haven't been to a movie in some time, but I went last week to see the new Bond movie. Anyway, the biggest change I discovered was that they sectioned off a few of the theaters and upgraded the seating in them, and you can order food, etc. basically as a way to compete with the luxury cinemas that are in proximity.

Then there was another section with a higher ticket price and not realizing it I had pre-booked those through the Fandango app. Reserved seating. I asked someone what the difference is and they said it has better seats and "premium sound" or something like that. I discovered that the premium sound meant that they blasted it louder than usual. I must be getting old because it was way too loud for me. Luckily I had earplugs with me and I could still hear everything. If I go next time I'll just get a regular ticket. But I do agree that in the luxury cinemas, the reclining seats are really nice.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The other problem I have with them is that you have to pick what seat you want when you purchase your ticket.
    I would hate this so much. Not even worth it to have a nice, leather seat if you have to pick where you want to sit ahead of time and take a chance that distracting people will sit next to you.
    Oh snap, I actually like assigned seating. Don't have to worry about being there 2 hours before during new releases Can show up literally 5 minutes before the show starts and take my seat.

The theater I'm catching Star Wars in has fully recline-able leather seats. I fucking love that place.

Yup, those are the same seats I was referring to. I'm not sure if it's just the angle of the picture, but those seats appear to be on flat ground. They don't seem to have much pitch to them. All the theaters around me have the recliners still in their typical stadium seating. I don't want to sound like a snob, but I could not go back to non stadium seating theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Room. What a great fucking movie. See it.

Spotlight Sunday....for realz this time yo!
    Spotlight was great. Such great performances. A very understated film. It felt very realistic. Sometimes films try to infuse "Hollywood" moments into a film like this, but I'm glad they didn't. It would have taken away from the subject matter of the film. One of the best of the year.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I could not go back to non stadium seating theaters.
    Same here!

Speaking of Spotlight, I read an article the other day about how
    Spoiler:
    the filmmakers discovered the earlier "tip", I guess, about the 20+ names that the Globe published WHILE they were researching for the movie. So Robby in real life never realized that he buried it in Metro; it was written into the movie after they discovered what had happened. I thought that was pretty cool.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just reiterating that this movie was phenomenal and everyone should see it first chance they get! This Irish/Canadian film is sure to be a front-runner for Best Foreign Film at the Oscars this year, and for many reasons. I was captivated from start to finish. Great acting. Superb directing. Flawless editing. Great score. SEE IT.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It actually wouldn't qualify for the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar since it's in English. But it very well may get a shot at the Best Picture Oscar, according to some buzz.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Kind of stupid that it's foreign language film...if a bunch of Germans make a film in English it's still a foreign film, dammit!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well technically any movie can be nominated for Best Picture. Both Amour and The Artist won it recently or were nominated and they were foreign. People say Hungary's Son of Saul has a good chance to get a Best Picture nom as well. For for the actual Best Foreign Language Oscar yeah, the movie has to be mostly in a language other than English (and made outside the US).

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the odds of a non-US film winning Best Picture is slim to none. With expanded nominees, I can see them throwing one of them a nomination to give it some rub, but that's about it. When foreign language films get nominated for best pictures/foreign language film, it kind of makes the foreign language film category a complete waste since it's obvious four of those films are just glad to be there lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you see The Room in theaters, Matt? I doubt it will open near me.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Room. It must be as disassociated with Tommy Wisseau as possible haha. Yeah, I saw it in theatres on Tuesday. I do like getting to see some Canadian flicks in theatres to support them. Berkshire County was a solid one too. Sad I missed Remember though.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Matt. That good, huh? I've had the book on my to-read list for years but have never gotten around to it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Room. It must be as disassociated with Tommy Wisseau as possible haha. Yeah, I saw it in theatres on Tuesday. I do like getting to see some Canadian flicks in theatres to support them. Berkshire County was a solid one too. Sad I missed Remember though.
    Either way, it's a terribly unoriginal name for a film. Luckily, the subject matter seems to have risen above the generic name, otherwise it would have gotten lost in the shuffle and forgotten.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Either way, it's a terribly unoriginal name for a film. Luckily, the subject matter seems to have risen above the generic name, otherwise it would have gotten lost in the shuffle and forgotten.
    It was the book's name. I do have to say, the term room over the room made such a difference in the story, so it's a fitting title.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It was the book's name. I do have to say, the term room over the room made such a difference in the story, so it's a fitting title.
    It's a terribly unoriginal name for a book too. I'm shocked a book with a name like that can get any attention. It must be very well written.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bridge of Spies was very good. 4/5

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spotlight was as solid as I was expecting. 5/5.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spotlight was as solid as I was expecting. 5/5.
    Indeed it was. A solid film for adults, with no Hollywood frills. Very rare to find. A true movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Went to a screening for In the Heart of the Sea last night. I enjoyed it, but felt it didn't do too much to differentiate itself from other movies in the "stranded" or "lost at sea" sub-genres. It also seemed that it didn't really know what it wanted to focus on: the Essex itself? The whale? The voyage? Being lost at sea for 90 days (and the aftermath)? All of those are touched on, but none really stand out as they maybe should. There's a lot of meaty stuff in there, but it loses some of the emotional weight since it covers roughly half a year and time-hops a lot.

Overall, it was entertaining (especially for free), but nothing too mind-blowing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Went to a screening for In the Heart of the Sea last night. I enjoyed it, but felt it didn't do too much to differentiate itself from other movies in the "stranded" or "lost at sea" sub-genres. It also seemed that it didn't really know what it wanted to focus on: the Essex itself? The whale? The voyage? Being lost at sea for 90 days (and the aftermath)? All of those are touched on, but none really stand out as they maybe should. There's a lot of meaty stuff in there, but it loses some of the emotional weight since it covers roughly half a year and time-hops a lot.

Overall, it was entertaining (especially for free), but nothing too mind-blowing.
    I'm interested in seeing this. I really enjoyed Ron Howard and Chris Hemsworth's last effort Rush. I thought it was a criminally under seen film.

Has anybody seen Creed yet? I'm dying to see it, but with my new job (and still doing my old job part time) I haven't had as much time to get to the theater. Plus, my dad is rehabbing from foot surgery and I don't want to see Creed without him until he can walk.

I've heard good things.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Watched Goodnight Mommy the other night. Really enjoyed it. It was pretty different than what I was expecting. And I really liked where they went with it. I'd highly recommend it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Murray Christmas.

Embarrassing.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's an understatement. Tried to watch it last night and fast forwarded thru practically the whole thing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Primer

A fairly entertaining student film about two aspiring entrepreneurs who accidentally discover time travel and the ethical, moral and logistical issues that arise from such an endeavor.

6.5/10

Suicide Kings

A group of Ivy Leaguers enter a Faustian deal with Christopher Walken's mob boss character. In Tarantino fashion, the perfect plan begins to go awry as suspicions within the friends arise and Walken's dangerous silver tongued persona encumbers the proceedings with doubt.

7/10

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Primer. One of my favourite sci-fis. Carruth's Upstream Color is a visually stunning and totally abstract film.

Watched Inside Out and it was great. Will rewatch again soon. Also rewatched The Babadook Because it's awesome and Triangle because it's a genius and well-craffed genre flick.

Country
    Country Flag

Triangle is pretty genius. Would love to see more of that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 441 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 335 ... LastLast