Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 441 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually looking forward to seeing it, I just can't rationalize really spending any money on it (much like Fantastic 4).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing it, I just can't rationalize really spending any money on it (much like Fantastic 4).
    Oh goodness... DO NOT even bother to see that. There is nothing good about it. I watch this Terminator as if its T3.... I really liked it. Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do NOT, under circumstance, watch Fantastic Four.

The only time you should find yourself watching this baked turd of a movie is if you're supremely drunk at 4 am and can't find reruns of Married With Children.

And even then...

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

See, hearing how terrible it actually is just makes me want to watch it even more!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Do NOT, under circumstance, watch Fantastic Four.

The only time you should find yourself watching this baked turd of a movie is if you're supremely drunk at 4 am and can't find reruns of Married With Children.

And even then...
    Agree. I will never get that time back in my life...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You see, the problem is - all hyperbole aside - that it's painfully, unbearably mediocre when it had the ingredients to be great, or at least good.

Indie director, full of ideas and fresh off a commercial success? Young, talented cast? Check. An ensemble of characters with the family element built in? Check. Worlds - literally, WORLDS - at their disposal? (the Fantastic Four tales have always been at their best when they're showcased as pioneers of alternate worlds/dimensions) Check.

They had all the tools they needed to succeed, and they failed spectacularly. One of the reviews I read on RT said it best, practically the entire run time is utilized to build up for a movie that never happens. Before you know it, the (anti) climax has arrived, and the film is over. It seems that Trank and the bean counters were at odds about what they wanted it to be. Gritty reboot, origin tale, all out comic book extravaganza... it tried to juggle all three and could not. There are small segments of the film that are salvageable, but the film is by and large a failure.

I think the film would have played MUCH better if they approached it as some kind of cross between sci fi - superhero and Indiana Jones, with the titular 4 traversing other dimensions and exploring uncharted interstellar territory. Alas, what we got was a Frankensteinean superhero film that was never sure what it wanted to be.

Country
    Country Flag

You see, the problem is - all hyperbole aside - that it's painfully, unbearably mediocre when it had the ingredients to be great, or at least good.

Indie director, full of ideas and fresh off a commercial success? Young, talented cast? Check. An ensemble of characters with the family element built in? Check. Worlds - literally, WORLDS - at their disposal? (the Fantastic Four tales have always been at their best when they're showcased as pioneers of alternate worlds/dimensions) Check.

They had all the tools they needed to succeed, and they failed spectacularly. One of the reviews I read on RT said it best, practically the entire run time is utilized to build up for a movie that never happens. Before you know it, the (anti) climax has arrived, and the film is over. It seems that Trank and the bean counters were at odds about what they wanted it to be. Gritty reboot, origin tale, all out comic book extravaganza... it tried to juggle all three and could not. There are small segments of the film that are salvageable, but the film is by and large a failure.

I think the film would have played MUCH better if they approached it as some kind of cross between sci fi - superhero and Indiana Jones, with the titular 4 traversing other dimensions and exploring uncharted interstellar territory. Alas, what we got was a Frankensteinean superhero film that was never sure what it wanted to be.
    You know I when the credits rolled... I turned to my wife and said.. "what the?? It is over? Can't be! It just started!". It took the whole movie to build up and there was a massive let down... silly to be exact.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

You know I when the credits rolled... I turned to my wife and said.. "what the?? It is over? Can't be! It just started!". It took the whole movie to build up and there was a massive let down... silly to be exact.
    Sneaky marketing, Kris. The idea was to set you up for the Blu-Ray "Directors Cut" due out in 30 days!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Hahahahahahaha I hope not Bill!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I just had the pleasure of seeing Terminator Genisys. I would give it MUCH higher than some for sure. It was a solid 7 or even 7.5 out of 10 for me. I was surprised... Maybe because I was expecting garbage that I was so impressed. I like the premises more or less and it had its faults but much better than T3 I thought. Won't beat 2 or 1 But was a lot of fun in the theater!

So you're cool with the fact that
    Spoiler:
    they made John Connor a villain?

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That's good to know. I was going to give it a miss. T1 and T2 were some of my favorite movies at the time, and I was just apprehensive about seeing a modern remake/sequel. Actually I wasn't following the news on it so I don't even know if it's another sequel or a remake.
    It doesn't know whether or not it's a sequel or a remake either, sooooooo.
    I dont think they did what you said... that person wasn't human. It was a different take... I would not have done it... but... I liked it. I cannot lie. I was pleasantly surprised.
    But...
    Spoiler:
    He was human. At least partially. The John Connor we see was John Connor, at least in that timeline. Before Reese goes back in time, Connor is taken hostage and then experimented on where he is turned into a human/terminator hybrid. Bottom line: he's still John Connor. The man we've heard is the savior of the human race for 30 years.

To be fair, no. But I saw the trailer, which pretty much showed me everything I needed to see anyway!
    I will definitely see it, I will watch just about anything, but I will be waiting for RedBox or Netflix on this one.
    Exactly! Even the big twist I keep putting spoiler tags around is in the trailer.

To be fair, no. But I saw the trailer, which pretty much showed me everything I needed to see anyway!
    I will definitely see it, I will watch just about anything, but I will be waiting for RedBox or Netflix on this one.
    You might be surprised like me.... YES.. it could have been better... actually MUCH better. BUT... it was fun and cool to see the old T1000 and they did some really cool stuff in the first 40mins (which was the best part of the whole movie for sure).
    But that's the problem, it wasn't that cool to see the T1000 because we saw the exact same model in a movie over 20 years ago. Give me something new.
    Spoiler:
    And not just that stupid human/terminator hybrid.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really, really looking forward to Straight Outta Compton.

Currently at 92% on RT.

Country
    Country Flag

Currently at 92% on RT.
    SEEING THIS FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!! Heard nothing but good stuff. The only thing is no mention of Dee Barnes... that should have been in this movie.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently at 92% on RT.
    I hope it's good, I'm just not a fan of music biopics. If I listen to rap, I tend to listen to NWA.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Omg!!!!! Straight Outta Compton was unreal!!!! 10/10 for me! I did grow up on this music more so than rock and roll but the direction and acting for me was top notch. The story flowed and so many things happened that brought back memories of my childhood. Very well done and anyone would enjoy EVEN if you do not like rap. There was two elderly couples (and i mean late 60's or 80's) right beside me that thought it was a great story and loved the free speech aspect. I asked Them after... I was shocked... Pretty hard core. Haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Omg!!!!! Straight Outta Compton was unreal!!!! 10/10 for me! I did grow up on this music more so than rock and roll but the direction and acting for me was top notch. The story flowed and so many things happened that brought back memories of my childhood. Very well done and anyone would enjoy EVEN if you do not like rap. There was two elderly couples (and i mean late 60's or 80's) right beside me that thought it was a great story and loved the free speech aspect. I asked Them after... I was shocked... Pretty hard core. Haha
    Yesterday, the first thing I did when I got back from my vacation was go to see Straight Outta Compton. For three days, I walked by a massive movie theater on my way into Universal Studios Orlando and it killed me that I wasn't able to catch a movie. Ironically, Compton is a Universal film.

Anyway, I didn't love Compton as much as you, but I thought it was a really good film. I too grew up on rap in the 90's. The film did flow very well, in fact it might have flowed too well. It kind of played like a wikipedia page to me. Regardless, the acting was spot on and I was especially impressed with Ice Cube's son who plays his father in the film. Very cool. Also, the film is extremely timely.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yesterday, the first thing I did when I got back from my vacation was go to see Straight Outta Compton. For three days, I walked by a massive movie theater on my way into Universal Studios Orlando and it killed me that I wasn't able to catch a movie. Ironically, Compton is a Universal film.

Anyway, I didn't love Compton as much as you, but I thought it was a really good film. I too grew up on rap in the 90's. The film did flow very well, in fact it might have flowed too well. It kind of played like a wikipedia page to me. Regardless, the acting was spot on and I was especially impressed with Ice Cube's son who plays his father in the film. Very cool. Also, the film is extremely timely.
    Yeah Cube's son killed it.. even got his fathers facial expressions bang on quite a few times. I hope to see more of him!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally agree. I also wanted to add one more thing. Before Compton, we got a trailer for Ride Along 2 (yes, we are getting another one) with Ice Cube and then it dawned on me. Over 2 decades ago Ice Cube said "FUCK THE POLICE" and now he's played a cop in 4 films.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching a movie on Netflix called Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. I really enjoyed it, surprisingly. Let's say 4/5. Don't mind admitting I cried at the end. Does that make me a sap.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe a little moldy, but I just re-watched "The Wolf of Wall Street" this weekend. What a great film!!! I started my Telecom Co. The day after "Black Monday" so it brings back fond and not so fond memories!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Maybe a little moldy, but I just re-watched "The Wolf of Wall Street" this weekend. What a great film!!! I started my Telecom Co. The day after "Black Monday" so it brings back fond and not so fond memories!! LOL
    Loved that movie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Loved that movie.
    FFFffff -BBBBbbbbbb - IIIIIiiiiii LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching a movie on Netflix called Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. I really enjoyed it, surprisingly. Let's say 4/5. Don't mind admitting I cried at the end. Does that make me a sap.
    I liked that one, too. I was surprised with how dramatic is was at times, since I expected it to be a straight-up comedy.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely the best version of this tale. (Do love the Chaney version as well, though.)
    Impressive visuals (No CGI in sight -love what they could do with matt-paintings),

Love this shot:

http://www.criticalcommons.org/Membe...g-optical/view

and an amazing performance by Charles Laughton - moved me to tears.
    A bit over the top, but then I like ott.

sk

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Did anyone else see American Ultra? I thought it was a lot of fun and am surprised it didn't get more attention.

Country
    Country Flag

Selfless... LOVED IT. VERY COOL CONCEPT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 441 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast