Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 441 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'd love to hear your experiences if you want to share them. I'm always fascinated by true haunting stories.
    Where to begin...I guess I can leave out most thing I've experienced both through dreams and hallucinations, since that's more subjective, although I have definitely sensed many things before they've actually happened, and I do believe I have seen/heard ghosts or whatever you'd like to call them.

When I was a kid I woke up and a glowstick of mine was hovering in the middle of the room, and was on the carpet in the morning. When I was a kid I was prone to sleepwalking so I can never be sure if the things that moved around during my sleep were any kind of poltergeist or mere sleepwalking, but I'd wake up and my pillow and blanket would be on the other side of the room, my alarm clock would be unplugged, and one time my TV was turned around...stuff like that happened a lot.

In terms of my new house, tons of stuff has happened here in the past 15 years. There was the splashing in the shallow end of the pool when no one was in it, and was witnessed by two friends. A tall, black mass moved passed my bedroom door and me and my friends all saw it at the same time. A friend was locked out so I let him sleep on my couch; I heard him go outisde for a smoke a minute later everything on the wall over the couch, pictures (one was huge, like 4x8 feet), assorted art, candleholders, all crashed down on the couch at once. My friend slipped on something on step that should have been there. A drawer somehow fell off my entertainment unit and cut open my friends face while he was sleeping. Lights went on and off at times. Doors slammed themselves. I dropped a spatula doing dishes and when I stood back up, every cupboard in the kitchen was open (about 17 of them).

Then you got all the Ouija Board weirdness that went on...plachettes flying out from beneath our fingers, levitating off the board, spinning and waving. Candles going out and re lighting by themselves. One time a computer speaker emitted really loud, screeching static so I shut it off, and it didn't stop, so I unplugged it and it still went for a good 30 seconds after that. Tugging on my blanket at night. One time my bedroom door shut and locked itself while I was in it. My iron ended up in the middle of the floor. In the workshop we had a big, plastic container full of nails, and me and my mom both heard it fall with a bang to the cement floor in the basement, and heard the nails whirring all over the floor, yet it hadn't fallen and there was no mess anywhere; nothing had fallen. The Ouija Board told us there was a chupacabra living in the nearby thickets and I have numerous times in the area heard very strange, animalistic noises that were quite freaky and smelled almost unbearable sulfuric stenches in and around the thickets. My friend one time said she was using my downstairs bathroom and was accosted by a woman and never went into my basement against afterwards. My neighbour Heidi told me stories of what happened in the house before I moved in, as she was friend with the girl who loved here and many of those stories involved pictures and frames as well, like one of those hinged photos holders, I believe of the girls grandmother/father opposite each other, slammed itself closed and fell to the floor.

The whole neighbourhood, really, is quite unnerving in the dead of night. Lots of strange, ghostly noises. Lately stuff like that has been happening again. One of my big prints was hanging on a 45 degree angle when I came home tonight. Me and my roommate where hearing loud bangs the other night. Pictures hanging on weird angles is the one constant thing that happens here. And it always sounds like there are things walking around in my garden, even on windless nights, the plants move and the soil and leaves shift. Walking down this one stretch of road I always feel as though someone is walking up behind me and always think I see a black figure approaching me as I turn the corner.

So much weird stuff has happened in my life I can't even remember it all.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wow that's crazy. If I ever experienced something like that I don't think I could stay there.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First of all: WHY ARE YOU PLAYING WITH OUIJA BOARDS?! That's Ed and Lorraine's No-No #1!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    When I was a kid I was prone to sleepwalking so I can never be sure if the things that moved around during my sleep were any kind of poltergeist or mere sleepwalking, but I'd wake up and my pillow and blanket would be on the other side of the room, my alarm clock would be unplugged, and one time my TV was turned around...stuff like that happened a lot.
    I sleepwalk too (though I haven't for a while now), and I used to wake up and find my blankets in the bathroom.

I dropped a spatula doing dishes and when I stood back up, every cupboard in the kitchen was open (about 17 of them).
    This is the scariest one to me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Kill The Messenger -

Sometimes, the truth doesn't set you free. Sometimes it endangers you and everyone you love and, ultimately, gets you killed. KTM is the 'based on a true story' film about Gary Webb, a San Jose, CA based reporter who stumbles upon a sprawling conspiracy in which the CIA allowed envoys of Central American rebel armies to sell and distribute cocaine in major U.S cities (mainly South Central Los Angeles) in return for a portion of the profits during the late 90's.

Webb (Jeremy Renner) spends the film untangling the cobwebs of the conspiracy and drilling deeper and deeper into the clandestine dealings of the CIA in an attempt to uncover the truth and hit journalistic pay dirt. Little does he suspect at first that each new piece of the puzzle earned means further incurring the wrath of the CIA, whom will do anything to protect their secrecy, including mediatic subterfuge and subtle verbal threats against his family.

As Webb uncovers more of the truth and all the big name players come into focus, and as the corporate sponsored noose around his neck tightens, the film picks up pace and we're left to wonder what depths his pursuers won't sink to to dislodge him of his credibility.

An entertaining and thought provoking cautionary tool on what happens when our government wields too much power and controls too many puppets.

7/10

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    First of all: WHY ARE YOU PLAYING WITH OUIJA BOARDS?! That's Ed and Lorraine's No-No #1!

When I was a kid I was prone to sleepwalking so I can never be sure if the things that moved around during my sleep were any kind of poltergeist or mere sleepwalking, but I'd wake up and my pillow and blanket would be on the other side of the room, my alarm clock would be unplugged, and one time my TV was turned around...stuff like that happened a lot.
    I sleepwalk too (though I haven't for a while now), and I used to wake up and find my blankets in the bathroom.

I dropped a spatula doing dishes and when I stood back up, every cupboard in the kitchen was open (about 17 of them).
    This is the scariest one to me.
    Your encounter with the Ouija Board is still more entertaining than the movie.

As for the cupboard thing, that reminds me of The Babadook. One of my favorite scenes actually.

Nice review of Kill The Messenger, Fernando. I think you liked it a little bit more than me. I remember seeing the trailer for that film constantly, and was kind of bummed that it didn't get a wide release. Once I finally got a chance to see it, I was really let down. They dealt with way more of his family life than I would have liked.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic Four

Don't waste your money.

3/10

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Wow that's crazy. If I ever experienced something like that I don't think I could stay there.
    Compared to my dreams and things I've hallucinated before, it's pretty tame lol. Like for instance, when I was about ten, I was up at my uncles/aunt in the woods, and I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing a man out in the woods yelling out 'Hello?', as if he were lost, but the voice never came from the same place twice, and no one else could hear it. It went on for a couple of hours. It is one of the many things I've experienced that I've written into my second book. These sorts of experiences are most of the reason I love horror so much and am drawn to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    Oh, we spent hundreds of hours using it. It was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant
    Your encounter with the Ouija Board is still more entertaining than the movie.

As for the cupboard thing, that reminds me of The Babadook. One of my favorite scenes actually.
    Yeah, it was pretty unnerving. That sort of stuff hasn't really happened in close to a decade, though. I'm afraid my house has become quite boring in the paranormal aspect lol.

I'd really love to go into some haunted house, preferably one of those old haunted castles in England, alone, and spend the night wandering around.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Fantastic Four

Don't waste your money.

3/10
    I'm really hoping that this doesn't hurt the careers of Miles Teller, Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Miles Teller, no. He got an oscar nod. That will last him a few years. I'm pretty sure Kata Mara got en emmy nomination for House of Cards so I think she's good being on that show. It's Michael B. Jordan who has nothing solid to stand on at the moment, but he's young and talented enough I think he'll be fine.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Worst comic book movie in years... 3/10 is generous!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where to begin...I guess I can leave out most thing I've experienced both through dreams and hallucinations, since that's more subjective, although I have definitely sensed many things before they've actually happened, and I do believe I have seen/heard ghosts or whatever you'd like to call them.

When I was a kid I woke up and a glowstick of mine was hovering in the middle of the room, and was on the carpet in the morning. When I was a kid I was prone to sleepwalking so I can never be sure if the things that moved around during my sleep were any kind of poltergeist or mere sleepwalking, but I'd wake up and my pillow and blanket would be on the other side of the room, my alarm clock would be unplugged, and one time my TV was turned around...stuff like that happened a lot.

In terms of my new house, tons of stuff has happened here in the past 15 years. There was the splashing in the shallow end of the pool when no one was in it, and was witnessed by two friends. A tall, black mass moved passed my bedroom door and me and my friends all saw it at the same time. A friend was locked out so I let him sleep on my couch; I heard him go outisde for a smoke a minute later everything on the wall over the couch, pictures (one was huge, like 4x8 feet), assorted art, candleholders, all crashed down on the couch at once. My friend slipped on something on step that should have been there. A drawer somehow fell off my entertainment unit and cut open my friends face while he was sleeping. Lights went on and off at times. Doors slammed themselves. I dropped a spatula doing dishes and when I stood back up, every cupboard in the kitchen was open (about 17 of them).

Then you got all the Ouija Board weirdness that went on...plachettes flying out from beneath our fingers, levitating off the board, spinning and waving. Candles going out and re lighting by themselves. One time a computer speaker emitted really loud, screeching static so I shut it off, and it didn't stop, so I unplugged it and it still went for a good 30 seconds after that. Tugging on my blanket at night. One time my bedroom door shut and locked itself while I was in it. My iron ended up in the middle of the floor. In the workshop we had a big, plastic container full of nails, and me and my mom both heard it fall with a bang to the cement floor in the basement, and heard the nails whirring all over the floor, yet it hadn't fallen and there was no mess anywhere; nothing had fallen. The Ouija Board told us there was a chupacabra living in the nearby thickets and I have numerous times in the area heard very strange, animalistic noises that were quite freaky and smelled almost unbearable sulfuric stenches in and around the thickets. My friend one time said she was using my downstairs bathroom and was accosted by a woman and never went into my basement against afterwards. My neighbour Heidi told me stories of what happened in the house before I moved in, as she was friend with the girl who loved here and many of those stories involved pictures and frames as well, like one of those hinged photos holders, I believe of the girls grandmother/father opposite each other, slammed itself closed and fell to the floor.

The whole neighbourhood, really, is quite unnerving in the dead of night. Lots of strange, ghostly noises. Lately stuff like that has been happening again. One of my big prints was hanging on a 45 degree angle when I came home tonight. Me and my roommate where hearing loud bangs the other night. Pictures hanging on weird angles is the one constant thing that happens here. And it always sounds like there are things walking around in my garden, even on windless nights, the plants move and the soil and leaves shift. Walking down this one stretch of road I always feel as though someone is walking up behind me and always think I see a black figure approaching me as I turn the corner.

So much weird stuff has happened in my life I can't even remember it all.
    FFS!

That'll be all the weed you smoke...

Stay off the "Happy Baccy", you'll feel much better!!!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Miles Teller, no. He got an oscar nod. That will last him a few years. I'm pretty sure Kata Mara got en emmy nomination for House of Cards so I think she's good being on that show. It's Michael B. Jordan who has nothing solid to stand on at the moment, but he's young and talented enough I think he'll be fine.
    Josh Trank on the other hand...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Michael B. Jordan who has nothing solid to stand on at the moment, but he's young and talented enough I think he'll be fine.
    Fruitvale Station was very good and he did a great job in that. He's going to have an opportunity to wash the bad taste of Fantastic Four out of our mouths with Creed, which looks pretty good actually.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

FFS!

Weed doesn't make you hallucinate lol

Fruitvale Station was very good and he did a great job in that. He's going to have an opportunity to wash the bad taste of Fantastic Four out of our mouths with Creed, which looks pretty good actually.
    I enjoyed Fruitvale Station. I thought Kevin Durant did a fantastic job in the penultimate sequence.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

FFS!

Weed doesn't make you hallucinate lol

I enjoyed Fruitvale Station. I thought Kevin Durant did a fantastic job in the penultimate sequence.
    Kevin Durant Durand.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Kevin Durant Durand.
    lol. This is still in my mind http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ue-jays-jersey

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation last night. Great summer flick 8/10

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just had the pleasure of seeing Terminator Genisys. I would give it MUCH higher than some for sure. It was a solid 7 or even 7.5 out of 10 for me. I was surprised... Maybe because I was expecting garbage that I was so impressed. I like the premises more or less and it had its faults but much better than T3 I thought. Won't beat 2 or 1 But was a lot of fun in the theater!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's good to know. I was going to give it a miss. T1 and T2 were some of my favorite movies at the time, and I was just apprehensive about seeing a modern remake/sequel. Actually I wasn't following the news on it so I don't even know if it's another sequel or a remake.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just had the pleasure of seeing Terminator Genisys. I would give it MUCH higher than some for sure. It was a solid 7 or even 7.5 out of 10 for me. I was surprised... Maybe because I was expecting garbage that I was so impressed. I like the premises more or less and it had its faults but much better than T3 I thought. Won't beat 2 or 1 But was a lot of fun in the theater!

So you're cool with the fact that
    Spoiler:
    they made John Connor a villain?

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That's good to know. I was going to give it a miss. T1 and T2 were some of my favorite movies at the time, and I was just apprehensive about seeing a modern remake/sequel. Actually I wasn't following the news on it so I don't even know if it's another sequel or a remake.
    It doesn't know whether or not it's a sequel or a remake either, sooooooo.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

So you're cool with the fact that
    Spoiler:
    they made John Connor a villain?

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It doesn't know whether or not it's a sequel or a remake either, sooooooo.
    I dont think they did what you said... that person wasn't human. It was a different take... I would not have done it... but... I liked it. I cannot lie. I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, there were some mistakes in my eyes but I think EVERYONE compared it to Cameron's work... as they did the other two. This was the best of those and paid the mist homage. I mean the scene they recreated from Bill Paxtons??? LOVED IT. SOOOO GOOD!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Terminator "franchise" is dead to me. They completely milked this thing dry a long time ago. I consider anything post T2 a remake (and non-canon) anyway.
    It just feels like they're throwing anything at the wall and hoping something will stick. They may as well be completely different movies, but they need that brand recognition.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    The Terminator "franchise" is dead to me. They completely milked this thing dry a long time ago. I consider anything post T2 a remake (and non-canon) anyway.
    It just feels like they're throwing anything at the wall and hoping something will stick. They may as well be completely different movies, but they need that brand recognition.
    Have you seen the new one?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

To be fair, no. But I saw the trailer, which pretty much showed me everything I needed to see anyway!
    I will definitely see it, I will watch just about anything, but I will be waiting for RedBox or Netflix on this one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    To be fair, no. But I saw the trailer, which pretty much showed me everything I needed to see anyway!
    I will definitely see it, I will watch just about anything, but I will be waiting for RedBox or Netflix on this one.
    You might be surprised like me.... YES.. it could have been better... actually MUCH better. BUT... it was fun and cool to see the old T1000 and they did some really cool stuff in the first 40mins (which was the best part of the whole movie for sure).
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 441 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast