Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 441 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Just got back from Ant Man, loved it! Will post review later.
    Wow. Shocked.... I thought it was meh... Ok I guess. I'm surprised to hear that you loved it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I saw ANT-MAN and I thought it was great.

One question though:

Spoiler:
    I'm not a physicist, but when the guy in the restroom was shrunk down to that blob of quivering protoplasmic jelly, and ALL his atoms were now 'closer together', which is why he was so small, although now very ugly, wouldn't he have still WEIGHED the same as before, since only the SPACES between his atoms were smaller? So how could he be picked up so easily with a paper towel, huh? And what about his clothes? Was that shrink ray gun only good for organic matter, or did it shrink unorganic matter as well? If not, why did his clothes disappear? Or why wasn't there a tiny suit, etc. on the floor?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One answer: it's a comic book movie.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ant Man

Marvel's smallest ( ) film to date is one of its best. Almost exclusively clear of the Avengers background noise, Ant Man is able to maintain its focus on Scott Lang's trials and tribulations. Paul Rudd plays the titular hero, and the film is on its best quarters while riding the coattails of his undeniable, humorous charm.

The special effects are dazzling - Edgar Wright's fingerprints are still all over this - the comedic relief is on point, and the film's relatively straight forward approach is a bonus. It never forgets to have fun, and neither do we.

7.5/10

The Raid

Wow. Wow wow wow wow. Staying as clear of hyperbole as I possibly can, this is one of the best action movies I have ever seen.

By now pretty much everyone knows the plot so I'll skip over it. Suffice to say that the film's bread and butter - the visceral, brutal, spectacular close quarter confrontations - are frequent, inventive and relentless and leave your mouth agape with their sheer creativity. Zoom ins, zoom outs of unchecked violence and slices of nearly unbearable intense scenes will make sure this film lingers in your mind long after the film has finished and the blood has dried.

A remarkable film.

8.5/10

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Raid

Wow. Wow wow wow wow. Staying as clear of hyperbole as I possibly can, this is one of the best action movies I have ever seen.

By now pretty much everyone knows the plot so I'll skip over it. Suffice to say that the film's bread and butter - the visceral, brutal, spectacular close quarter confrontations - are frequent, inventive and relentless and leave your mouth agape with their sheer creativity. Zoom ins, zoom outs of unchecked violence and slices of nearly unbearable intense scenes will make sure this film lingers in your mind long after the film has finished and the blood has dried.

A remarkable film.

8.5/10
    I know, right? Amazing film, and one of my favourite action movies. The 2nd one's just as great, if not better. It goes in a radically different direction compared to the intense claustrophobia of the first film, but still amazing.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wish I liked The Raid but it just didn't keep my attention. A lot of people Herald it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, I just checked IMDB and The Raid 2 has a higher rating than the first one!?!?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Dude, I just checked IMDB and The Raid 2 has a higher rating than the first one!?!?
    You know what, that sounds about right. The scale of The Raid 2 in terms of storytelling and scope, at least, is just so much bigger. Here's my review from last year: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post842219
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Raid

A remarkable film.

8.5/10
    I can't describe how much I love The Raid franchise. It's such a breath of fresh air to an often stale action genre that Hollywood pumps out. Of course, we are getting some good stuff recently. John Wick and The Kingsman come to mind.

I'm really interested to see what you think of the second film. It's a perfect example of a sequel building upon the original film and not just giving fans the same film. It's a really robust film compared to the first film. Honestly, I have no trouble saying it's one of the better crime thrillers I've seen in a long time.

I also really appreciate how the action scenes are shot. You don't realize how great it is until you see a film like Taken 3 butcher every fight scene. Keep your eyes open for a chase scene on the highway in The Raid 2. It's one of the greatest action scenes I've ever seen. No joke.

I can't wait to see what director Gareth Evans does with his first American film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Will give my thoughts on Mission Impossible tomorrow, but before I go to bed...

MEGA SPOILERS BELOW

The Conjuring: I avoided this movie for the past years because of who made it, but it's gotten so much praise and has been hailed as one of the scariest recent films, I had to bite the bullet. WTF is scary about it? There's nothing scary about it. At all. The only time I jumped was when something fell in my own house as I the film struggled to keep my attention. The acting has two modes: monotone and inert, and SCREAMING. It's like Wan made a checklist of things that are supposed to be scary in a horror film. Clocks stopping at the same time: check. Dog senses evil presence: check. Evil presence kills dog because it's an easy way to contrive tension and a threat: check. Doors opening and closing: check. Creepy dolls: check. TV Static (that for whatever reason the father just listens to for who knows how long as he does paperwork because it's creepier than if he was just doing paperwork like an normal human would): check. Based on a true story: check. Ghosts of people hanging: check. Weird family clapping game only thought of so game can be played with spooky ghost: check. Bad things happened in house: check. Spooky ghost in reflections: check check check check check check. Ghost handprints: check. False jump scare: check check check. Loud noises for scariness DURING A SCENE TRANSITION WHEN NOTHING IS HAPPENING: check check. Screechy music because it makes things scarier: check. Psychics: check. Build up to a scare that doesn't come to disarm you for the actual 'scare': check check check check check check check. Paranormal investigation: check check check check. Angry ghost that wants to possess people: check. Ghost using noises to lure people into rooms where they can go BOO!: check check check check check. Exploding lightbulbs: check. Ghost picking up people and moving them through the air: check. Oh man, if you made a list of every ghost story cliche and had to take a drink every time you see one, and then watched The Conjuring...you'd be hammered in the first 20 minutes.

I had the shut the movie off with about half an hour left. It was just so stupid. "Weird things happen in this house, so in the 70's, before the internet, we found out every single possible bit of information about this property, the people who lived there, what happened to them, that the property had been split into 20 pieces and sold (even maps with dots representing bad things), that bad things happened in the land that was sold, what happened in the land that was sold, and we even got information all the way back to the Salem Witch trials, what this woman did, why she did it, and the exact time of death after she hung herself (because people from the puritan days could time the death of a body they found hanging from a tree down to the very minute), and we figured it all out in a two minute scene....screw that this is impossible and this was the writers means of cramming all the exposition into one scene, because we're profession paranormal investigators who have all this information at all times!" This is the big problem with Whannel's scripts. He explains what the evil presence is, where it came from, why it's evil, and exactly what it wants, why it does what it does, to the point where it's not even scary anymore.

When it got to the point where the evil spirit uses the necklace from Lorraine Warren that her daughter gave her and somehow transported through time and space to spook out the Warren's daughter from who knows how many miles away because, you know, it's a ghost, so it obviously knows everything, where everyone is, and can just latch onto items and people that it's never come in contact with, even though it's been stuck on the same piece of land for hundreds of years. THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!

I'm never going watch another James Wan film ever again. He's awful. So awful. How are his films so popular? The Babadook contains more dread and terror in a single frame than the ENTIRETY of The Conjuring.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed The Conjuring. I wouldn't say it's scary, but then again I don't find any films scary. It's my biggest problem with Horror movies, they just don't scare me.

It's a movie. I'm in a theater eating a big bucket of popcorn. What's there to be scared about?

Also, the clapping game is real. Maybe it's just because I live near the area where this film takes place that I'm familiar with a variation of it. That's also maybe why I liked the film more. The Warren's are pretty popular around here. I have friends and family that have met them and taken tours of their house etc.

Honestly, for you to watch this movie is almost unfair. You went in expecting to hate it and nitpick it to death and did just that. You had it set in your mind that you weren't going to like it. Just because something has been done before, doesn't make it bad. I thought The Conjuring was actually a nice callback to older horror films. I don't watch an action move and get pissed that it includes yet another shoot out.

I don't think Wan is horrible. The first Insidious is pretty good, as is the first Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wow Matt, you really hated it didn't you I enjoyed it for what it was, and out of more recent horror films, I'd say it's definitely one of the better ones. Was it scary, not to me, but like Mike, very few films have ever really scared me. I'm really looking forward to the second one.

Mike, I've actually been wanting to do one of those ghost tours with Lorraine. We were going to do one last summer but it sold out immediately.

Also I completely forgot that James Wan did the first Saw. Loved that film, and thought it was creative.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Also, the clapping game is real. Maybe it's just because I live near the area where this film takes place that I'm familiar with a variation of it. That's also maybe why I liked the film more. The Warren's are pretty popular around here. I have friends and family that have met them and taken tours of their house etc.
    I was quite obsessed when I was younger with ghosts and 'spookology' as it's been so lovingly coined by some lol, so I read a lot about The Warrens and the cases that they've worked on. I wasn't happy with how they were portrayed at all. Lorraine was nothing but a spooky vision machine and Ed, for someone so worried about what happened months before to his wife, seemed more concerned with admiring the family, imagining what it would be like to own a place in the country and fixing up old junkers than watching out for her.

Honestly, for you to watch this movie is almost unfair. You went in expecting to hate it and nitpick it to death and did just that. You had it set in your mind that you weren't going to like it. Just because something has been done before, doesn't make it bad. I thought The Conjuring was actually a nice callback to older horror films. I don't watch an action move and get pissed that it includes yet another shoot out.
    I've watched films before I went in expecting to hate and some of them are some of my favourites, with Zoolander being a prime example. The only real difference with this is I already knew what things Wan does I didn't like so of course I'd spot those. I found a plethora of new problems with this movie though, most coming from a script that would have been better if Whannel had of written it, as I assumed he had since they always work together. I'm fine with a ghost story having tropes and cliches, you have to expect them, but execute it in an interesting and new way, or if you're not, have the story around it to be interesting.

I don't think Wan is horrible. The first Insidious is pretty good, as is the first Saw.
    The first Insidious is alright, the second wasn't very good. I don't think I can watch Saw again, either...it's so spastic.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Mike, I've actually been wanting to do one of those ghost tours with Lorraine. We were going to do one last summer but it sold out immediately.
    I hear it's pretty good. I little pricey. The guy I work for went a while back. He and his wife are big into that stuff. They actually have a picture that they wanted Lorraine to inspect. I don't really believe in this stuff, but after seeing the picture, even I'm a little intrigued. In the picture is an orb, but it's not your normal orb that you see in many different pictures.

In this orb is a face. It turns out it's the face my boss's wife's grandmother when she was younger. It's really spooky and no logic can really explain it. The image is not from some other picture they have in their house or anything.

Anyway, it turns out that Lorraine wanted to use it in her book, but they did't give her permission. She ended up making a copy of it and using it anyway. They weren't very happy about that.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wow, that's crazy. I'd be pretty pissed. Although based on stuff I've heard about the Warrens, I'm not entirely surprised.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would be really fun, but at the same time, I almost don't want to go into the occult museum.

I don't really believe in this stuff, but after seeing the picture, even I'm a little intrigued.
    Have you read The Demonologist? It chronicles the career of Ed and Lorraine and is truly creepy. I read it last fall (at night!) and it makes it very hard to refute some of the hauntings/paranormal happenings. I was a little skeptical of some of their claims, but went in with an open mind, and it was fascinating. I'd highly recommend it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

That sounds intriguing Ricky. I'm going to have to pick up that book. And I'd love to see Annabelle in person. Did I tell you that I met Robert the doll years ago

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had some interesting paranormal encounters in my day. There used to be quite a few presences in my house but they've since moved on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That would be really fun, but at the same time, I almost don't want to go into the occult museum.

I don't really believe in this stuff, but after seeing the picture, even I'm a little intrigued.
    Have you read The Demonologist? It chronicles the career of Ed and Lorraine and is truly creepy. I read it last fall (at night!) and it makes it very hard to refute some of the hauntings/paranormal happenings. I was a little skeptical of some of their claims, but went in with an open mind, and it was fascinating. I'd highly recommend it.
    I haven't read it, but my boss and his wife have and they say it's really interesting. I may have to borrow it from them.

My mom's cousin has had a poltergeist in their house for 3 decades. The whole family has stories through the years that makes it pretty hard not to believe in it. That being said, I'm the kind of person that has to see it to believe it.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Simple review: I LOVED Mr. Holmes!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My mom's cousin has had a poltergeist in their house for 3 decades. The whole family has stories through the years that makes it pretty hard not to believe in it. That being said, I'm the kind of person that has to see it to believe it.
    I believe it because I've seen it. Then again, I still don't believe demons or any such thing actually exists. Energies yeah, but nothing with any kind of conscious agenda or sentience.

I'll probably watch this to see what it's about: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4130484/combined

Zak Bagans was on Talk Is Jericho awhile back to talk about his experiences with the house. Pretty interesting stuff to listen to. http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program...593&pid=482356

I'd love to hear your experiences if you want to share them. I'm always fascinated by true haunting stories. I really wonder about that movie though. I've never been a fan of Zak's, ever since I saw the first "documentary" they made that started Ghost Adventures. The real case is intriguing though, but at the same time, it's so out there that it's also kinda hard to believe as well.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That sounds intriguing Ricky. I'm going to have to pick up that book. And I'd love to see Annabelle in person. Did I tell you that I met Robert the doll years ago
    Hmm...Robert the doll. Is that a Warren thing? I can't remember if I've heard of it.

My Granny had the most haunting/ghost stories ever. She saw her mother's ghost once, and there was a time she woke up in the middle of the night and the bed was spinning. Pretty sure it was before I was born, but I don't really have any reason to think she'd lie. I'm sure there were others, but those are the ones I remember most. We always told her to come back and visit us when she died and she said she would on two conditions: 1) if it was possible; 2) if she remembered. She died about 4 years ago and I haven't seen her yet, so she might have forgotten.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hmm...Robert the doll. Is that a Warren thing? I can't remember if I've heard of it.
    Nope, not Warren related, but he's probably the most famous haunted doll. He resides down in Key West.

Country
    Country Flag

Just looked it up and I do remember hearing about it, just not from who or what.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 441 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 ... LastLast