Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 441 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

T1 - 8.5
    T2 - 10
    T3 - 4
    T4 - 5.5
    T5 - ...probably will wait till DVD, as I did with the last 2.

For me, the quality dropped off substantially after Cameron. So much so that I pretty much group them as a different franchise altogether.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    T1 - 8.5
    T2 - 10
    T3 - 4
    T4 - 5.5
    T5 - ...probably will wait till DVD, as I did with the last 2.

For me, the quality dropped off substantially after Cameron. So much so that I pretty much group them as a different franchise altogether.
    I am inclined to agree with you there, I still enjoyed T3 and T4 but it wasn't the same as the original two by a long shot. I felt Genisy's was a step back towards the right direction though not everyone would agree I know

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think T3 is really all that bad, especially when compared to what came after. I think the ending helped a lot. I really liked how they ended T-3. Haven't seen Genysis (probably won't) so I'd rate

Termintor: 4/5
    T-2: 5/5
    T-3: 3/5
    Salvation 2/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hear ya, we all still enjoyed it I think - but all of us still seem to share the opinion it definitely was below 1 and 2 I take it you didn't care for Salvation? I wasn't that gone on it either compared to the others.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how would you two rank T3 and T:Salvation?
    T1 - 8.7/10
    T2 - 9.8/10
    T3 - 7/10
    T4 - 7.8/10 (Salvations)
    T5..... we shall see
    Like all you guys said, 2, then 1, then 4, then 3. As for 5.....I honestly don't know what to think as I've seen it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    T1 - 8.7/10
    T2 - 9.8/10
    T3 - 7/10
    T4 - 7.8/10 (Salvations)
    T5..... we shall see
    Like all you guys said, 2, then 1, then 4, then 3. As for 5.....I honestly don't know what to think as I've seen it.
    You have seen it? So then you must know what you think, or is that a typo and did you mean you haven't saw it ?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    T1 - 8.7/10
    T2 - 9.8/10
    T3 - 7/10
    T4 - 7.8/10 (Salvations)
    T5..... we shall see
    You have seen it? So then you must know what you think, or is that a typo and did you mean you haven't saw it ?
    A lot of people really didn't like it. There were some things that were interesting and yet some things that were awful. I thought it was better then what people have said and yet I don't. I don't think it was the worst one of the 5 in the series, but it was right there with 3 as being the worse for me. I'm not huge on giving numbers of ratings as sometimes I over think it. I'm being flaky. I liked the casting, except I hated, hated the actor and the acting and the story behind John Connor. I mean really hated it. T1 8/10, T2 9/10 T3 5/10, T4 6/10, T5 4-5/10.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I stated I wasn't bashing and you get all defensive and upset. I've worn these types of shirts (years ago) and I'm sure many people have, I just don't wear them going out in public. Then again, I own none of these types of shirts as I am not a collector of them and they aren't my thing anymore. All I stated was perceived perception of what people view from what you look like, wear, etc. Seriously, who is more impressive with a first impression? A guy dressed casual, a guy dressed stylish but not lavish, or a guy dressed wearing a Family Guy shirt? I know it's not the Family Guy guy. Yes there is more to do with personality and so forth, but the INITIAL first impression of what someone looks like and is wearing is what is first perceived. People are going to judge regardless. Everyone is judged all the time, the way they dress, talk, accents, actions, body language, etc. And the first impression, the way you dress, is what is first perceived. Of all the adults I know, I honestly do not know one adult that goes out and wears movie, video game, or sports shirts in public excluding sporting events. That's not bashing anyone, it is what I see when I am out and about. I have yet to see a regular guy dressed in his favorite Star Wars t-shirt picking up chicks. Where does this happen; comic conventions?
    P.S. Grumpy may or may not be childish, but many adults think movie and video game shirts are just as childish fyi. If you would have seen the girl I was dating when I had a Grumpy t-shirt....you would be yelling at me for breaking it off. Some things unfortunately do not last.
    I'm not defensive or upset. I'm stating why you're wrong. Your perceptions are incorrect, at least in terms of applying it to the rest of the world. You clearly live in a bubble where everybody dresses nicely except right before they go to bed. This has formed your opinion and that's fine, but it's not the real world.

When I go to the grocery store, I wear a t-shirt. Like KillJoy said, I strike up numerous conversations with people in public over the shirts I wear. Today I had a cute girl say she liked my Star-Lord t-shirt. Stuff like that happens all the time. When I wear my Foo Fighters shirt or Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt they always get people talking. I had a 5 minute conversation with a beautiful waitress about my Chili Peppers shirt before we even ordered.

Like I said, people's perceptions are formed from their experiences and their environment. The people you hang out with and the places you frequent are populated by people who don't dress like that. Again, that's fine. Where I come from, people dress nice and they dress with movie/music/sports t-shirts. Sometimes the same people dress multiple ways depending on the situation or how they feel. Like I said, any bar around here has a wide array of guys dressed really nice or with all kinds of t-shirts. It's not that weird.

To state that people only wear movie t-shirts to comic book conventions is just not true.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just seen Antman.... Do not waste your time. Marvel is losing it for me movie by movie. The tacky, over done scenes are brutal. Some cool fight scenes but never the less... A solid 5 out of 10 for me. DC goes the other direction (which it seems they are), they will ultimately win out with fanboys and adults alike. If your under 15 go see Antman. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just seen Antman.... Do not waste your time. Marvel is losing it for me movie by movie. The tacky, over done scenes are brutal. Some cool fight scenes but never the less... A solid 5 out of 10 for me. DC goes the other direction (which it seems they are), they will ultimately win out with fanboys and adults alike. If your under 15 go see Antman. Lol
    Really? Wow, I gotta say I'm a little surprised you disliked it so much. I'm hearing good things from friends and critics alike. Let me ask you, are you a Paul Rudd fan?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do like Paul Rudd. He is funny for sure... But here it didn't work for me. Every scene has been done in Hollywood over and over... Watch it and you will agree. The most predictable Marvel yet right down to the after credit scene. There are two... The first I speak of. The second well.... Meh. My friend was not a fan either. Rental or Netflix it should have been for me. Interested to see what others think...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I see you're still in full on Anti Marvel Mode

I'm excited for Ant Man, as I am with every other Marvel adaptation, but I'm going in with level expectations. From what I read it's Marvel's *ahem* smallest movie in scale, a love child of superhero and heist films, with Rudd taking advantage of his just-one-of-the-guys charm to full extent.

Btw - I'm a fanboy and I still vastly prefer MCU to DC, at least for now. It's hard to say DC > MCU when DC has only released one film in the larger universe. There's no comparison yet.

Country
    Country Flag

True. They have a long way to go to establish themselves. I love Marvel and I guess I am getting tired of the campy-ness if that makes sense. Been a lot of movies so far and it's hard to be nervous for humankind cause the lighthearted bunch always save the day... That's all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen Genisy's yet?

Country
    Country Flag

No... I was out voted to Antman.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No... I was out voted to Antman.
    :O!! Oh well I'm glad you reported back on that, I was wondering about Antman

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

True. They have a long way to go to establish themselves. I love Marvel and I guess I am getting tired of the campy-ness if that makes sense. Been a lot of movies so far and it's hard to be nervous for humankind cause the lighthearted bunch always save the day... That's all.
    Honestly though, there's never any reason to be nervous for humankind. The good guys always win. If some villain comes along and kills every living thing, it's going to be hard for Marvel and Disney to make money without sequels. Which means no new houses for the Execs. That's a no-no.

Guardians was one of my favorite Marvel films and a lot of people are comparing Ant-Man in tone to Guardians, which is fine with me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Whenever you walk into a superhero film (or hell, any action film for that matter) you are making a certain amount of concessions before sitting down. You know the hero is going to start out with humble beginnings, you know he's going to be completely out matched by the villain at one point, you know he's going to defeat that villain in dramatic 11th hour fashion, and you know he's going to get the girl. It just comes with the territory, no different than the actual comics themselves.

It's all very formulaic. What we pay to see is each actor's interpretation of these characters that form part of such a rich tapestry of personas, and the directors personal stamp on each film. And in Marvel's case specifically, how all of these different elements come together in a single narrative. So far - perhaps with the exception of Thor 2 which truly did feel as if it came off an assembly line - all the solo adventures have felt just different enough from the rest that I'm still fully invested in each character.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Whenever you walk into a superhero film (or hell, any action film for that matter) you are making a certain amount of concessions before sitting down. You know the hero is going to start out with humble beginnings, you know he's going to be completely out matched by the villain at one point, you know he's going to defeat that villain in dramatic 11th hour fashion, and you know he's going to get the girl. It just comes with the territory, no different than the actual comics themselves.
    This is very true. We all know our hero, in most cases, is going to come out okay in the end. Even with that in mind, a good action film can make us forget that when it's done right. We know John Mcclane isn't going to die in Die Hard, but it's such a finely crafted film that you're on the edge of your seat as he's getting his ass beat, or jumping off buildings.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day who took offense that I didn't like Taken 3, using my own argument against me. One of my biggest problems with Taken 3 is the scene where Neeson drives his car down an elevator shaft and a second later he's perfectly fine standing on a roof top. My friend states that by my own logic, since the hero is going to be fine anyway, there's no need to see it.

I think he's completely wrong, the best part of action films is finding our hero in peril, and watching him or her work their way out of it, whether it be by intelligence or brute strength.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I think he's completely wrong, the best part of action films is finding our hero in peril, and watching him or her work their way out of it, whether it be by intelligence or brute strength.
    Absolutely, it's why I'm a big fan of the cliffhanger, both in my favourite show and in general. It's one thing to know that the heroes will make it out of a really bad situation ok, it's another thing entirely to see how the hell they do it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Ok guys... Enjoy haha guardians was WAY better than this!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from Ant Man, loved it! Will post review later.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is very true. We all know our hero, in most cases, is going to come out okay in the end. Even with that in mind, a good action film can make us forget that when it's done right. We know John Mcclane isn't going to die in Die Hard, but it's such a finely crafted film that you're on the edge of your seat as he's getting his ass beat, or jumping off buildings.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day who took offense that I didn't like Taken 3, using my own argument against me. One of my biggest problems with Taken 3 is the scene where Neeson drives his car down an elevator shaft and a second later he's perfectly fine standing on a roof top. My friend states that by my own logic, since the hero is going to be fine anyway, there's no need to see it.

I actually really like actions films where the hero (or main character) doesn't survive (or it's hinted that they don't) such as some of these examples (in spoilers, of course)
    Spoiler:
    Shane, End of Days, Saving Private Ryan, 3:10 to Yuma, No Country For No Old Men, Alien3

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Trainwreck: Great comedy. The entirely fresh cast and location really helps make this Apatow film stand out and feel new. It's funny, heartfelt when it needs to be, and every supporting character gets a chance to shine. Easiest way to say this is, if you're a fan of Apatow's movies you'll probably love it, if you're not...you might not like it. I personally won't see another comedy all year I prefer over this one.

5/5

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I actually really like actions films where the hero (or main character) doesn't survive (or it's hinted that they don't) such as some of these examples (in spoilers, of course)
    Spoiler:
    Shane, End of Days, Saving Private Ryan, 3:10 to Yuma, No Country For No Old Men, Alien3
    I don't consider Shane and No Country for Old Men action films, but I see what you're getting at.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 441 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast