Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 441 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

HERE IS A NICE LITTLE CAT-MAN MOVIE..

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Saw Jurassic World today. It was good, but I was hoping it would be better. There were just so many parts of it that felt repetitive of the previous films
    Spoiler:
    (i.e. T Rex saves the day, T Rex vs. new dinosaur, etc.).
    The sense of wonderment, for the most part--the same wonderment that I still feel watching Jurassic Park for the umpteenth time--just wasn't there for me.

I also would've liked (even a minute or two) explaining what happened in between JPIII and JW and how the park got up and running. I did like the nods to JP but on the other hand, it just made me want to re-watch it again.
    Saw Jurassic World last night. It was entertaining, but I too left feeling a bit let down. Based on all the talk and positive reviews I was expecting a much, much better film. My biggest complaints were
    Spoiler:
    that I wasn't overly thrilled with the new T-Rex hybrid. The love story was a bit cheesy, I think it would have been much stronger if that was omitted. And also there was that one scene where they're heading back to the velociraptor cage I believe it was, and it starts out in broad daylight and when we get there it's pitch black? The timing on some things seemed a bit messed up.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just love this clip...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I just love this clip...

Absolutely loved this movie.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Saw Jurassic World last night. It was entertaining, but I too left feeling a bit let down. Based on all the talk and positive reviews I was expecting a much, much better film. My biggest complaints were
    Spoiler:
    that I wasn't overly thrilled with the new T-Rex hybrid. The love story was a bit cheesy, I think it would have been much stronger if that was omitted. And also there was that one scene where they're heading back to the velociraptor cage I believe it was, and it starts out in broad daylight and when we get there it's pitch black? The timing on some things seemed a bit messed up.

Which reviews have you been reading? Most of the reviews I've read have ranged from lukewarm-decent. I still haven't seen it yet but I know to expect a film that while entertaining, does not live up to the original...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Spoiler:

Which reviews have you been reading? Most of the reviews I've read have ranged from lukewarm-decent. I still haven't seen it yet but I know to expect a film that while entertaining, does not live up to the original...
    Well actually I haven't read any reviews, but people here and elsewhere have been saying that it was really good. So I might have gotten my expectations up too high. If you go in with low expectations, I'm sure you'll enjoy it more than me.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

I thought this was FAR better than the original. A true blue theater/pop corn flick. LOVED every minute of it bar a few parts... but I had fun... and is that not what movies should be about?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Whose post was it? Was it Mike's?!?

You should know by now not to take his next day reviews to heart, he gets too swept up by hype too easily hahaha.

@StillServant

You should know by now not to take his next day reviews to heart, he gets too swept up by hype too easily hahaha.

@StillServant

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Lord, you folks are way too critical, IMHO Jurrasic World is summer, popcorn eating fun!!! Dinosaurs fighting other Dinosaurs in 3-D!!!! Good stuff!!! Of course, no Oscars in the waiting but great fun!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Lord, you folks are way too critical, IMHO Jurrasic World is summer, popcorn eating fun!!! Dinosaurs fighting other Dinosaurs in 3-D!!!! Good stuff!!! Of course, no Oscars in the waiting but great fun!!!
    Your right Bill. That is MY POINT. This is not an Oscar flick... but they did something right to have broken more records cash wise than any other movie ever... I think it has like 19 records thus far. The movie is fun... its good... and dammit i will see it again in IMAX!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I thought this was FAR better than the original. A true blue theater/pop corn flick. LOVED every minute of it bar a few parts... but I had fun... and is that not what movies should be about?
    Oh shit, that's a bold statement my dude!

The first Jurassic Park, apart from being an indelible classic obv, was very expertly able to to take the fascinating, poignant subject of humans playing God and grafting it onto a blockbuster template. Not just any director could pull that off, so I'm interested to see how this guy Treverrow (sp?) deals with it. Assuming he's interested in the thematic undertones as much as Spielberg/Crichton was...

I'll post my impressions once I check out, hopefully this week!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Your right Bill. That is MY POINT. This is not an Oscar flick... but they did something right to have broken more records cash wise than any other movie ever... I think it has like 19 records thus far. The movie is fun... its good... and dammit i will see it again in IMAX!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've seen it in 2-D and 3-D (very good 3-D btw non-intrusive) and Kris, I should take you up on that invite and see it in IMAX as well. Great summer fun!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol, yeah maybe you're right. It's just difficult for me to take things at face value, I'm always looking for a 'deeper meaning'. Personality flaw, I suppose.

I will say though that I'm fully willing to accept the film on its own terms. Like I said, I'm not expecting Spielberg's JP, so as long as its fun and entertaining I'll be happy!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol, yeah maybe you're right. It's just difficult for me to take things at face value, I'm always looking for a 'deeper meaning'. Personality flaw, I suppose.

I will say though that I'm fully willing to accept the film on its own terms. Like I said, I'm not expecting Spielberg's JP, so as long as its fun and entertaining I'll be happy!
    Well, if you suspend that mind set I'm pretty sure you will have a blast!!! Enjoy!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Grandpa, can be great. I'm "all in" for "Minions", Merlin IV just loves these guys!! Got him a "Fart Gun" the other day and he can't stop laughing!!! More summer fun? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    that I wasn't overly thrilled with the new T-Rex hybrid. The love story was a bit cheesy, I think it would have been much stronger if that was omitted.
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the
    Spoiler:
    love story, either. It seemed pretty cliché. As for the I. Rex, it seemed like they were using the whole "we need to create something to keep the public's interest up" angle to bring a hybrid dinosaur into the picture and have an excuse for it to escape and mayhem to ensue.

Which reviews have you been reading? Most of the reviews I've read have ranged from lukewarm-decent.
    A lot of the reviews I've seen/read have been generally positive (in the B range), but I think the real positive feedback is coming from the general public rather than critics.

The first Jurassic Park, apart from being an indelible classic obv, was very expertly able to to take the fascinating, poignant subject of humans playing God and grafting it onto a blockbuster template. Not just any director could pull that off, so I'm interested to see how this guy Treverrow (sp?) deals with it. Assuming he's interested in the thematic undertones as much as Spielberg/Crichton was...
    THIS. That is a huge part of what makes Jurassic Park so special. And the fact that it's missing from Jurassic World was one of my disappointments. I mean, I understand that it was, in part,
    Spoiler:
    satirizing consumer culture and how we're always looking for the bigger and better thing, but in focusing so much time on actually showing us bigger and better things, it becomes swallowed up by the very thing it's commentating on.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Been doing a lot of movie re-watching the past couple of weeks. I have to rethink about one of those movies. One of those movies was Cloverfield. I know a lot of people didn't like it because of the way it was done, but found footage films are becoming more popular and some are good. The reason I am saying this is because of the "other" footage that is in the film(him and his girlfriend going to coney island) bursting in at times and the giant yet small Easter egg at the end of the film.
    Cloverfield is awesome. I had to rewatch it to get the taste of that awful Godzilla film out of my mouth. Chronicle and The Last Exorcism are two other great found footage films in recent years. In the right hands the technique works wonders. Chronicle was especially creative with it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I really enjoyed Jurassic World. I felt like a 13-Year-Old kid again. Well done. I'm pleasantly surprised with this one.

@StillServant
    Yes, it's true, I can sometimes be overly enthusiastic about a film upon exiting the theater. That's why I don't usually write a review (mini or full) until a few days later. The most I'll do is come here or on Facebook and share my initial reactions. As you can see above, I didn't exactly rave about Jurassic World. I really did enjoy the film and it filled me with a lot of nostalgia for the original. It's in no way better than the original, nor is it a great film. That being said, it's a really fun Summer popcorn flick. What more can you ask for?

As for my knee jerk reactions regarding movies, I'm usually right about them. I'm looking at you Mad Max: Fury Road.

Also, I literally can't wrap my mind around how anybody can like Jurassic World more than Jurassic Park, unless you're 9 and you just saw Jurassic World and it's your first introduction into the franchise. Please elaborate.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed Jurassic World. I felt like a 13-Year-Old kid again. Well done. I'm pleasantly surprised with this one.

@StillServant
    Yes, it's true, I can sometimes be overly enthusiastic about a film upon exiting the theater. That's why I don't usually write a review (mini or full) until a few days later. The most I'll do is come here or on Facebook and share my initial reactions. As you can see above, I didn't exactly rave about Jurassic World. I really did enjoy the film and it filled me with a lot of nostalgia for the original. It's in no way better than the original, nor is it a great film. That being said, it's a really fun Summer popcorn flick. What more can you ask for?

As for my knee jerk reactions regarding movies, I'm usually right about them. I'm looking at you Mad Max: Fury Road.

Also, I literally can't wrap my mind around how anybody can like Jurassic World more than Jurassic Park, unless you're 9 and you just saw Jurassic World and it's your first introduction into the franchise. Please elaborate.
    I did. I am 38 and thought World was better no question. I found it a lot more fun. I liked the fact that you seen more of the main attraction (Dinos) in this one than in the first. I like Chris Pratt a lot and he was better than anyone in the first film. There were flaws.. yes.. but I like this better as did the other two people I was with
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope Cloverfield 2 is as great as the original. Goddard is penning the script and I can only hope Matt Reeves returns to follow up his big hit. Just such an awesome monster.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

@StillServant

I love Chris Pratt, but no way he is better than Goldblum's character in the original. Sure, it might be more fun and it shows more of the attractions, but it's no where near as deep. I guess it just depends on what is more valued when evaluating films. For you fun seems to be a major factor, so I can see where you're coming from.

Anyway, I just saw Inside Out and I don't think this is a knee jerk reaction, but take this for what it's worth, I thought Inside Out was a fantastically clever film and I would not be surprised to see it get nominated for an Oscar and I'm not just talking about in the animated category. Yes, I believe it could get a Best Picture nomination.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have high hopes for anything Pixar. I'm not sure they'll ever make anything as great as Wall-E again, but this seems like it could be very close.

I really want to see a film called Infinitely Polar Bear starring Ruffalo. Of course, it won't get into my 24 screen multiplex because three movies need to take up 14 screens this time of year. I hate blockbuster season for that reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 441 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast