Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 441 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Rewatched Bug. An absolutely incredible film. As psychological as a film can get, I think. It's just...just pure madness.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a special place for Bug in my heart, I watched that movie in theaters the very first time I tried shrooms.
    It was fucking intense lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Great read, Ricky! I pretty much agree with everything you said, although I probably enjoyed Ex Machina a tad bit more than you did.

One coincidental feeling I got while watching the film is when Caleb is being helicoptered in. We see tons of open land and forest and I couldn't help but think about Jurassic Park. Both films deal with humans meddling in areas they shouldn't be.

I'm sure it was pure coincidence, but I still relish the connection.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll post my Ex Machina review by EOW.
    Spoiler alert : I loved it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Great read, Ricky! I pretty much agree with everything you said, although I probably enjoyed Ex Machina a tad bit more than you did.

One coincidental feeling I got while watching the film is when Caleb is being helicoptered in. We see tons of open land and forest and I couldn't help but think about Jurassic Park. Both films deal with humans meddling in areas they shouldn't be.
    Thanks, Mike!

And I thought the same thing about the helicopter sequence in that it reminded me of the landscape of Jurassic Park. And the island in Lost, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I can recall going to a comedy (even a dark humor comedy) and not laughing a single time.
    So darkly reminiscent of my High School days and hero worship that I was taken aback.
    It's amazing what a person will go through (and I mean actually commit/submit to) to be the "hero" for a 20 year High School Reunion.

D Train

4/6 beers in the RFSPRS only because it brought back memories of wanting to be liked.

Even though I gave it 4/6, I strongly recommend you see it.

Lost 1 beer because of the ending-I don't wish to spoil it so go see the flick.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some thoughts on some films I've seen recently: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ex Machina, Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, Child 44, The Messenger and Draft Day.

Quick Flicks: Recent Movie Round-Up

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw Mad Max: Fury Road. If you're familiar with the world of Mad Max, then you already know what to expect, and this one does not disappoint. For what it lacks in story, it more than makes up with high octane action (literally!) and some of the most satisfying visuals this side of a Del Toro film (or a Brom painting brought to life).

I give it a 4 out of 5. Not a perfect film, but boy did it scratch that itch that so few films of this type lately ever reach.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I saw MAD MAX FURY ROAD today in 3D, and I loved it.

I saw MAGGIE last week and was very disappointed.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I just saw Mad Max: Fury Road. If you're familiar with the world of Mad Max, then you already know what to expect, and this one does not disappoint. For what it lacks in story, it more than makes up with high octane action (literally!) and some of the most satisfying visuals this side of a Del Toro film (or a Brom painting brought to life).

I give it a 4 out of 5. Not a perfect film, but boy did it scratch that itch that so few films of this type lately ever reach.
    The most fun I've had at the theater so far this year. I wouldn't mind seeing it again and I never do that in theaters.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Whaaaaaaaaaa? Really?! Shit, out of all my friends I would think you are the ONE guy that sees films in theaters multiple times.

I usually reserve that for movies I truly, truly, truly love. I watched The Dark Knight 5 times in theaters, I shit you not. Dark Knight Rises thrice.

Some films just need to be experienced again (and again, and again) in the largest format possible.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaa? Really?! Shit, out of all my friends I would think you are the ONE guy that sees films in theaters multiple times.

I usually reserve that for movies I truly, truly, truly love. I watched The Dark Knight 5 times in theaters, I shit you not. Dark Knight Rises thrice.

Some films just need to be experienced again (and again, and again) in the largest format possible.
    You would think. I just usually have so many other films I want to see that it's hard to justify seeing something twice. For instance, if I were to go to the theaters again shortly I'd see Pitch Perfect 2. Yes, I really enjoyed the first film.

To be honest, I don't rewatch a lot of movies. That's why I don't list them in the Movie Thread. I have a huge back log of movies to watch, as I'm sure you guys do too. I've had a Netflix DVD since February (yes, I still get the DVDs). My biggest problem this time of year is that I watch too much TV.

In other news, as a part time job, my dad sells ads that play before the trailers begin. He's supposed to get free movie passes, but hasn't gotten them yet.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only seen a few movies multiple times in the theater.

The Dark Knight - 2 times; The Dark Knight Rises - 2 times; Inception - 3 times. I think that's it.

I have a huge back log of movies to watch, as I'm sure you guys do too. I've had a Netflix DVD since February (yes, I still get the DVDs). My biggest problem this time of year is that I watch too much TV.
    Ugh, tell me about it. I feel like my brain is being split in half with one side telling me to watch TV, and the other telling me to watch a movie. I love TV, but finale season is almost a relief since it means I'll have time to watch/do other things.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only seen a few movies multiple times in the theater.

The Dark Knight - 2 times; The Dark Knight Rises - 2 times; Inception - 3 times. I think that's it.

I have a huge back log of movies to watch, as I'm sure you guys do too. I've had a Netflix DVD since February (yes, I still get the DVDs). My biggest problem this time of year is that I watch too much TV.
    Ugh, tell me about it. I feel like my brain is being split in half with one side telling me to watch TV, and the other telling me to watch a movie. I love TV, but finale season is almost a relief since it means I'll have time to watch/do other things.
    Tell me about it. Then you mix in some of my other vices like video games and watching sports and it gets really crazy.

I assure you, I do have a job as well as a social life.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Run All Night - really enjoyed it a lot.
    EX Machina - That was a WELL DONE movie! Loved the ending.
    Project Almanac - Best Cam/found footage Movie I have seen.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler taggs7475 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Silver Bullet- 8/10... Cant beat Gary Busey and Werewolfs some good stuff

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Love Silver Bullet!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've seen 2001 in the theater about 8 times. I have it in 16mm, DVD, Blu-ray DVD and a special edition DVD. I guess I like it a lot.

I saw THE SPY WHO LOVED ME twice, or maybe 3 times. I went back and saw MOONRAKER a 2nd time just to see if it was as bad as I thought it was (it was). I love the Bond films, but MOONRAKER, QUANTUM OF SOLACE and TOMORROW NEVER DIES are my least favorites.

I've seen the original Star Wars films each about 3 times at the theater, in various incarnations, and believe it or not I saw SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT twice, but separated by five or more years. Oh yeah, and I saw THE PHANTOM MENACE again when it was released in 3D.

I just remembered, I saw JAWS twice too.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Run All Night - really enjoyed it a lot.
    EX Machina - That was a WELL DONE movie! Loved the ending.
    Project Almanac - Best Cam/found footage Movie I have seen.
    Totally agree with Project Almanac, and the kids did a nice job.....acting!
    Did you see The Machine? It's similar to Ex Machina.....more then I thought it would be. And the AI, main character in both films is named Ava. What's with that???????
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What follows is not a review. This is a list of everything wrong with Taken 3. Think of it as my version of venting. I've seen a lot of great films recently, so when I see a stinker it really stands out. Anyway, keep in mind that I'm not one of those people that will nitpick a film to death. I can suspend belief with the best of them, especially when it comes to an action flick, but sometimes it just gets to be too much:

Spoiler:
    1: The biggest offense in Taken 3 is the editing. It's a mess. The fast edits in Taken 3 are meant to amp up a scene and create action where there is none. It's there to cover up bad choreography or a poorly shot and plotted action sequence. It's not a stylistic choice. Seriously, this film has more cuts than the hands of a paper factory worker.

2. At one point in the film Liam Neeson is on the run and needs to get in contact with his daughter. In a hit-you-over-the-head-with-a-frying-pan moment early in the film, we are told that Mills' daughter has a very rigid daily routine that includes buying the 4th yogurt drink in the fridge at a convenience store. When his daughter grabs the drink she notices a note that says "drink me now." Mills has now poisoned his daughter so she will be nauseous during class and have to use the bathroom, where he can then have a chat with her. All he had to do was put a note on the drink saying, "meet me in the bathroom at school at this time." Also, it would only take one person to buy the same drink and now that 4th drink is now in the 3rd spot.

3. As we know from watching the trailer, Mills' ex-wife is killed and the cops think he did it. Mills buys a bag of bagels from around the corner and goes home to find his ex-wife dead in his bed. Shortly after, the cops have him at gun point. Instead of giving himself up and explaining to the cops why he didn't do this crime, he beats them up and goes on the run. All he had to do was tell them to go around the corner and talk to the bagel girl, who would be able to tell the cops that she just saw this man a few minutes ago. What murderer in their right mind would kill their wife, go buy a bag of bagels and then go home to the scene of the crime to leisurely eat them over a cup of coffee? Not to mention the fact that Mills just blew up half of Turkey in order to save his ex-wife in Taken 2. What reason would he have to kill her now?

4. While running from the cops, Mills enters a random house that just so happens to have a trap door in the floor of the garage that leads to a sewer. Side note: A man accused of killing his wife, running from the cops escapes through a sewer. Sounds familiar? *cough* Fugitive *cough*

5. Mills somehow finds not one but two of the last remaining payphones in L.A.

6. Mills heads to a gas station and checks the surveillance footage that clearly shows his ex-wife getting abducted. While watching the footage, he's held at gunpoint by two cops. Instead of pleading with them to look at the footage, Mills says nothing. Shockingly, he doesn't even fight them off like he did at his house. He's captured willingly...

7. ...only to free himself while in the back of a squad car on the highway. He ejects one cop from the car and strangles the driver, creating a massive car accident involving multiple cars including a truck carrying a storage container, risking multiple innocent lives.

8. Mills is now in control of the cop car and being chased at high speeds by every cop in the city. In order to avoid their grasp, he drives into a parking garage and makes his way to the top of the garage, because that makes perfect sense when trying to evade the cops. Anyway, trapped like a mouse in a crazy cat ladies house, Mills has no choice but to throw it into reverse and hurl himself down the elevator shaft. The car plummets down the shaft and crashes in a heap at the bottom and immediately is engulfed in flames. 1.6 seconds later we see an arm emerge from the window. 2.4 seconds after that we see Mills on a rooftop somewhere. Who needs to see how our hero narrowly cheated death? Who needs suspense as our hero's life hangs in the balance? It's not like this is an action film or something.

9. A paranoid former CIA operative who has made numerous enemies doesn't lock his front door.

10. His daughter, who has been kidnapped more times than any character in the history of film, doesn't think about asking "who's there" when there is a knock upon her door, nor does she think about looking in the peephole.

11. When Mills, whose ex-wife's throat was slit, visits the morgue, we see that the freshly slit throat looks to be nothing more than a healed scar. Seriously, a first year film school makeup artist could do a better job.

12. Highly trained Spetnatz soldiers can't hit the broad side of a barn while shooting at a man less than 10 feet away.

13. At the end of the film, in a scene that was also shown in the trailer by the way, Mills' daughter is being held hostage in a plane that is taking off. Mills decides that the best way to rescue her is to just drive his car into the landing gear. Don't worry about the fact that if the plane was able to take off there would be no way for the plane with your daughter on it to land without crashing in a ball of fire.

14. Forest Whitaker is playing the exact same character he played in The Last Stand.

15. Mills has finally eluded the cops and is making his way down the road. The cops can't find Mills, but Rusian mobsters seem to have no problem with such things and proceed to force him off a cliff, where Mills survives his second exploding car. Later in the film via flashback, we actually see how Mills escapes. What a novel idea. Despite being in another car accident, Mills isn't shaken and has no signs of injury. He flags down a car and asks the driver if he can borrow it. He then travels a few miles down the road where, lo and behold, he finds the Russian mobsters who just forced him off the road at a liquor store. What proceeds is one of the worst fight scenes I've seen in years. It's poorly executed, poorly shot, poorly edited and overall poor. This can pretty much also sum up the entire film.

They came up with a lot more than I did, but most of the ones I listed also made the video.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Great action movie for once, but it's missing the usage of name calling, "turkey." 8.5/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any interest in seeing it, but that was a great review, Mike.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved your review - and fully agree.
    The best time I've had in the theatre in years.

sk

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any interest in seeing it, but that was a great review, Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Loved your review - and fully agree.
    The best time I've had in theatre in years.

sk
    Thank you, Frik and Ricky! I appreciate that.

I enjoyed Fury Road so much, I saw it again yesterday. Like I mentioned the other day, I rarely see films twice in theaters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 441 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 ... LastLast