Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 441 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

James Wan directed it, so tons of jump cuts and other editing tricks are to be expected.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Martha Marcy May Marlene
    A harrowing, disturbing film about anguish and inner demons too large to silence. The titular character escapes the clutches of a psychologically manipulative and physically abusive cult only to find its dark imprint has left indelible marks on her body, and her soul.
    7.5/10

Don't Look Now-
    I don't know if it's a genius movie and I love it, or if it's a terrible movie and I hate it.
    I need to think about it a lot more.
    N/A / 10

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I finally watched Horns a few nights ago. Wow, for it being such a great book, the movie sure was a piece of garbage.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I finally watched Horns a few nights ago. Wow, for it being such a great book, the movie sure was a piece of garbage.
    Stopped me from reading the book it did...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I really enjoyed the book, so I was hopeful over the movie. It was just bad.
    For starters, the beginning of the movie felt like it was trying to come off as more of a dark comedy instead of setting a more serious tone for the story to take place. Also, the acting! Pretty much 99% of the actors were awful.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been slacking a bit with some Movie Round-Ups, but here is a look at some of the films I've seen recently: The Gunman, Run All Night, Laggies, Chappie, Big Hero 6, Bad Turn Worse, Young Ones.

Quick Flicks Movie Round-Up
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Don't Look Now-
    I don't know if it's a genius movie and I love it, or if it's a terrible movie and I hate it.
    Is that the one with Donald Sutherland? I've had it in my queue for awhile but every time I think I might be interested in losing it, I end up moving something ahead of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    That seems to be what I hear from everyone who's seen it. Pretty disappointing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Don't Look Now-
    Is that the one with Donald Sutherland? I've had it in my queue for awhile but every time I think I might be interested in losing it, I end up moving something ahead of it.
    It is.

Knee jerk reaction; don't even bother with it. It's one of those "classics" that is looked through with nostalgia colored glasses because it was experimental for its time and tried things others didn't, but that doesn't equate to it being a good film. It has few (very few) redeeming qualities but overall I couldn't wait for the credits to roll.

You might have better luck with it though.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah. Gotcha. I think I read it on a "best of" horror list around Halloween time and was planning on watching it then, but never got around to it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah that's one that I always see mentioned as well. I actually watched maybe the first 15 min, but stopped it for some reason. I keep meaning to go back and watch the whole thing.

Feev, have you watched Road Racers yet? Pretty sure it's streaming on netflix.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw DON'T LOOK NOW years ago, and thought it wasn't terrible. It's been just long enough that that's all I can really say about it, lol. Still worth seeing, IMO...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't Look Now-
    It is.

Knee jerk reaction; don't even bother with it. It's one of those "classics" that is looked through with nostalgia colored glasses because it was experimental for its time and tried things others didn't, but that doesn't equate to it being a good film. It has few (very few) redeeming qualities but overall I couldn't wait for the credits to roll.

I viewed the movie a few times in the late 70's and mid 80's. Not sure if I was incoherent or the film was. There are still images of the child in a red coat that stick with me, but it was tough to make heads or tails of the movie.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I've been slacking a bit with some Movie Round-Ups, but here is a look at some of the films I've seen recently: The Gunman, Run All Night, Laggies, Chappie, Big Hero 6, Bad Turn Worse, Young Ones.

Quick Flicks Movie Round-Up
    CHAP CHAP BINKS
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Avengers: Age of Ultron

Just got back from seeing this. Another really fun, epic flick from Marvel. I will say that, for me personally, it didn't make me quite as thrilled as the first Avengers film did, although that's simply because there hadn't really been a comic book movie like the Avengers before: taking established individual heroes and making them form a team has been done countless times in comics, but not so much in films. More than that, it was great seeing how such completely different individuals clashed and reluctantly formed a team was a great character focused story, especially how rewarding it got when they finally became a team towards the end and kicking serious arse. With this one, while they still kinda clash from time to time (especially due to the consequences of one member's actions), it isn't quite as interesting. But that doesn't stop it from being a pretty entertaining sequel to watch in its own right. It develops some key characters further and introduces new ones. It also adds in some new ongoing elements to the MCU, which I liked. Overall, I'd say it comes fourth in my favourite Marvel movies, after (in no particular order other than chronological) The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Just got back from seeing this. Another really fun, epic flick from Marvel. I will say that, for me personally, it didn't make me quite as thrilled as the first Avengers film did, although that's simply because there hadn't really been a comic book movie like the Avengers before: taking established individual heroes and making them form a team has been done countless times in comics, but not so much in films. More than that, it was great seeing how such completely different individuals clashed and reluctantly formed a team was a great character focused story, especially how rewarding it got when they finally became a team towards the end and kicking serious arse. With this one, while they still kinda clash from time to time (especially due to the consequences of one member's actions), it isn't quite as interesting. But that doesn't stop it from being a pretty entertaining sequel to watch in its own right. It develops some key characters further and introduces new ones. It also adds in some new ongoing elements to the MCU, which I liked. Overall, I'd say it comes fourth in my favourite Marvel movies, after (in no particular order other than chronological) The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Nice review, James! I think I'm safe going into this one. I know it's not going to be as good as the first Avengers film and I know I won't enjoy it as much as Guardians, which I adored last year. I'm expecting an entertaining sequel, which from your thoughts, looks like you got.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Ex Machina, amazing film. I'm not great at writing about movies, much less reviews, but this is one of the best sci-fi films in a while, definitely up there with Her and Coherence and Under the Skin.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Saw Ex Machina, amazing film. I'm not great at writing about movies, much less reviews, but this is one of the best sci-fi films in a while, definitely up there with Her and Coherence and Under the Skin.
    I hated HER and Under the Skin was terrible... I never seen Coherence... and I was pumped for Ex Machina. Now I am not so sure my friend... Did you love Her and Under?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Ex Machina and I really enjoyed it. My favorite film of the year so far. It's not a game changer in the world of Sci-fi films, but it's a very solid film. There's no big set pieces or anything like that. It really is about 3 people talking and it's fascinating.

Webstar, for what it's worth. I liked Her, was intrigued by Under the Skin and didn't really enjoy Coherence.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a busy weekend and going to the Dodgers vs Giants game today, so I won't get to watch Ex Machina until tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Speculative science fiction is my absolute favorite so I'm highly confident I'll walk away loving this.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to mention I'm in love with Alicia Vikander.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She was amazing. Sleeper Best Actress pick?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Don't Look Now-
    It is.

I viewed the movie a few times in the late 70's and mid 80's. Not sure if I was incoherent or the film was. There are still images of the child in a red coat that stick with me, but it was tough to make heads or tails of the movie.
    I LOVE this movie. It definitely bears re-watching. It might help if you realize before watching that Sutherland's character is psychic but he doesn't realize it because he doesn't believe in psychics or the supernatural. It's filled with subtle foreshadowing and sometimes the weird things you are seeing are actually premonitions and not really happening, yet.

Ebert had it on his Greatest Film list, his review:

Don't Look Now

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    She was amazing. Sleeper Best Actress pick?
    Oscar talk in April. I love it!!

I think she's deserving. She's on my shortlist right now. Obviously, we have a long way to go, but I think she has a shot.

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck on HBO. Heartbreaking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 441 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 ... LastLast