Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 441 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 312 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I wasn't looking forward to Chappie ever since seeing its first trailer.
    Ah hah!! The first trailer was fantastic and it hinted at some really interesting themes. Alas, most of those themes are glossed over. Instead we get scenes of Chappie acting like a gangster and coming off kind of annoying in general.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I still think Prometheus is a better film than people make it out to be. Y'all fell victim to your own hype with that one, I think.
    Yup, 100% agree on that. It's the one example I use about over-hyping myself up for a film.
    I don't think I hyped it up for myself so much as expected it to capitalize on its potential, especially considering the director's seminal work in the genre.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I seem to remember your FB posts about Prometheus containing a lot of capital letters, Fernando lol. It was mostly your sharing of ask the viral marketing that made it hard not to watch anything about it haha
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I was never that particularly excited about Prometheus. Sure, I knew it was directed by someone who made two of the greatest scifi films ever, but I also knew that it had been a LONG time since he had directed a film that was as good. I enjoyed it, but the main reason I saw it was because I was waiting for The Raid to be shown, and it was a way of passing the time. Not half as good as Alien, but still alright, for a first viewing, anyway. The Raid was so much fucking better, though.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I still think Prometheus is a better film than people make it out to be. Y'all fell victim to your own hype with that one, I think.
    Yup, 100% agree on that. It's the one example I use about over-hyping myself up for a film.
    I don't think I hyped it up for myself so much as expected it to capitalize on its potential, especially considering the director's seminal work in the genre.
    I did. No lie, I watched the Prometheus trailer every morning. I still get chills when Noomi Rapace is drenched in sweat and crying and says, "We were so wrong!" Still one of the best trailers I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    The Raid was so much fucking better, though.
    Hell yeah it was!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man oh man... I just got out of Kingsmen and it was amazing! I loved every thing about it. 9 out of 10 for sure!!!! Anyone have a review here? Love to read others thoughts on it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Man oh man... I just got out of Kingsmen and it was amazing! I loved every thing about it. 9 out of 10 for sure!!!! Anyone have a review here? Love to read others thoughts on it.
    Not an actual review, but I did have some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Saw both Kingsman and Focus yesterday.

Liked both quite a bit. Kingsman was a lot of fun. I thought it was funny that the Swedish chick, knowing she had a British lad on the hook, naturally assumed he'd be up for a bit of buggering. LOL The stereotypes presented with regard to the Christian Church rubbed me the wrong way, but I'll forgive it.

Focus was likewise enjoyable. Kept me guessing. Just when you think you see the angle, you realize you missed it. Or a part of it. I really like movies dealing with heists, cons, scams, and such, and this one is right up there. My favorite part was with the Chinese businessman. Far-fetched? Sure, but I thought the scene was very well-acted. I knew something was going on, but wasn't sure until after it played out exactly what the angle was and who was playing whom.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not an actual review, but I did have some thoughts.

Saw both Kingsman and Focus yesterday.

Liked both quite a bit. Kingsman was a lot of fun. I thought it was funny that the Swedish chick, knowing she had a British lad on the hook, naturally assumed he'd be up for a bit of buggering. LOL The stereotypes presented with regard to the Christian Church rubbed me the wrong way, but I'll forgive it.

Focus was likewise enjoyable. Kept me guessing. Just when you think you see the angle, you realize you missed it. Or a part of it. I really like movies dealing with heists, cons, scams, and such, and this one is right up there. My favorite part was with the Chinese businessman. Far-fetched? Sure, but I thought the scene was very well-acted. I knew something was going on, but wasn't sure until after it played out exactly what the angle was and who was playing whom.
    Man it blew me away. It had some action scenes that I have NEVER seen before... so good that I have to watch it again. And had some well done comical parts too
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a full review, but here are my thoughts on Kingsman:

http://popculturedwithmoviemike.tumb...movie-round-up

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I finally watched Whiplash. Well... I wish I had watched it sooner. I had never even heard of it until a few folks here mentioned it a few months ago, then it got nominated for a lot of awards, add to that all the hype and positive reviews around the film made me really want to see it. Every review I read was so positive and everyone was pretty much praising the film, that I'm not sure if this had something to do with me feeling a bit let down. One thing everyone mentioned was how intense the film was, in particular the last scene...
    Spoiler:
    nothing happened

I guess I was just expecting something a bit more. I will say that it was very well acted, the sound and editing were spot on. Yes, it was a really well made film, but storywise it was just kind of blah for me, and a bit forgettable. I know I'll never watch it again. So if I had to give it a rating, I'd probably say 7/10.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So I finally watched Whiplash. Well... I wish I had watched it sooner. I had never even heard of it until a few folks here mentioned it a few months ago, then it got nominated for a lot of awards, add to that all the hype and positive reviews around the film made me really want to see it. Every review I read was so positive and everyone was pretty much praising the film, that I'm not sure if this had something to do with me feeling a bit let down. One thing everyone mentioned was how intense the film was, in particular the last scene...
    Spoiler:
    nothing happened

I guess I was just expecting something a bit more. I will say that it was very well acted, the sound and editing were spot on. Yes, it was a really well made film, but storywise it was just kind of blah for me, and a bit forgettable. I know I'll never watch it again. So if I had to give it a rating, I'd probably say 7/10.
    So much happens in the end scene. It's masterful.
    Spoiler:
    We see two people that sacrificed so much of themselves for greatness gain validation for their sacrifices, and all their animosity and hatred for each other is washed away by the euphoria of their joint success as they both get what they always wanted: to be great, and to have moulded that greatness. In the end, they have nothing but respect and love for each other for fulfilling each other.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Here is my review and I plan on going to see it again this weekend if it is still playing, my freind is coming to visit and I know he would love it!

For the church scene alone, Kingsman: The Secret Service is worth seeing. There are several other delights here: seeing Colin Firth as an action hero, Samuel L. Jackson steals every scene he is in as a fantastically amusing villain, the young newcomer Taron Egerton carries his weight well against several seasoned pros, the music is cool, the set-pieces are knockouts, the stylized violence/action is both funny and exhilarating and the whole thing ends with a bit of anal sex, who could ask for more?

I realize this isn't Kubrick, Ozu, Bresson, Bergman, Kurosawa, Dreyer, Fellini, Murnau, Buñuel, Lang, Tarkovsky, Welles, Scorsese, Godard, Malle, Haneke, Fassbinder, Pasolin, Herzog, Kieslowski, Malick, Altman or Hitchcock, all some of my favorite directors, but what it is is a lot of fun and we all have a 14 year old boy somewhere within our psyches that needs to cut loose and have fun every now and then.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Spoiler:
    nothing happened

So much happens in the end scene. It's masterful.
    Spoiler:
    We see two people that sacrificed so much of themselves for greatness gain validation for their sacrifices, and all their animosity and hatred for each other is washed away by the euphoria of their joint success as they both get what they always wanted: to be great, and to have moulded that greatness. In the end, they have nothing but respect and love for each other for fulfilling each other.
    I got that, but it was more just the way everyone was saying how intense that finale scene was that in my mind I was expecting something crazy to happen. I think had I seen it before I heard anything about it I might have enjoyed it a bit more, but I don't know.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Here is my review and I plan on going to see it again this weekend if it is still playing, my freind is coming to visit and I know he would love it!

For the church scene alone, Kingsman: The Secret Service is worth seeing. There are several other delights here: seeing Colin Firth as an action hero, Samuel L. Jackson steals every scene he is in as a fantastically amusing villain, the young newcomer Taron Egerton carries his weight well against several seasoned pros, the music is cool, the set-pieces are knockouts, the stylized violence/action is both funny and exhilarating and the whole thing ends with a bit of anal sex, who could ask for more?

I realize this isn't Kubrick, Ozu, Bresson, Bergman, Kurosawa, Dreyer, Fellini, Murnau, Buñuel, Lang, Tarkovsky, Welles, Scorsese, Godard, Malle, Haneke, Fassbinder, Pasolin, Herzog, Kieslowski, Malick, Altman or Hitchcock, all some of my favorite directors, but what it is is a lot of fun and we all have a 14 year old boy somewhere within our psyches that needs to cut loose and have fun every now and then.
    Well said man! I compared the church scene to the bar scene in John Wick but only better! Wow wow wow... I will also be seeing it again!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19
    I got that, but it was more just the way everyone was saying how intense that finale scene was that in my mind I was expecting something crazy to happen. I think had I seen it before I heard anything about it I might have enjoyed it a bit more, but I don't know.
    It might be a case of being off guard because you were expecting something different. Some films do that to me. Inglourious Basterds didn't give me what I was expecting and I was mixed about it, but now I love it after rewatching it a few times. In the future when you rewatch it you might enjoy it more

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

everyone was saying how intense that finale scene was that in my mind I was expecting something crazy to happen.
    I felt the same way, Heather. Everyone hyped up that final scene so much that I was kind of left with a "that's it?" feeling. I mean, the editing and drumming was intense, but I was also expecting something crazy to happen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are nuts, that last scene is utter perfection. It was like a culmination of every stage of their relationship expressed in music, and not words.

Spoiler:
    During the drumming decline and the subsequent rising crescendo, when Fletcher realizes that Andrew is about to shatter his self imposed cocoon and become the great he was always meant to be, the look on his face says is a sheer poem.

The hairs on my arms stood up just thinking about that scene lol. What a fucking great movie.

Country
    Country Flag

You guys are nuts, that last scene is utter perfection. It was like a culmination of every stage of their relationship throughout the film expressed in music, not words.
    Agreed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    everyone was saying how intense that finale scene was that in my mind I was expecting something crazy to happen.
    I felt the same way, Heather. Everyone hyped up that final scene so much that I was kind of left with a "that's it?" feeling. I mean, the editing and drumming was intense, but I was also expecting something crazy to happen.
    That's exactly what I said when the credits started to roll Had no one mentioned how crazy the ending was then I probably would have been ok with it, but when everyone is raving about it saying they were on the edge of their seats, you just expect something huge or unexpected to happen.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you want an explosion or something!?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I was expecting! I thought someone was going to die or something, and when it's just intense drumming, I was like...okay.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't suppose either of you have watched This Is Spinal Tap, where the drummer spontaneously explodes with no explanation lmaoooooooo

I don't suppose either of you have watched This Is Spinal Tap, where the drummer spontaneously explodes with no explanation lmaoooooooo

Oh man, I might have to watch that because that's what I was expecting

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That's what I was expecting! I thought someone was going to die or something, and when it's just intense drumming, I was like...okay.
    Agreed. I thought
    Spoiler:
    either he was going to kill himself or his teacher.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

But that ending was full to the BRIM with homoerotic tension! What more could you ask for?!

Spoiler:
    Seriously though, it's a well made ending that's awesome and has almost nothing to do with plot. Same goes for Withnail & I. Actually, the first time I watched that, I did think to myself, "That's it?" It's only on rewatch that it became one of my favourite movie endings that still seems shivers down my spine. If you ever do rewatch Whiplash, who knows, the same might happen for you.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 441 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 312 ... LastLast