Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 441 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is. The movie was so different... And does big hold back in any way. Well done.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I Saw The Devil... WOW... a Korean film. Brutal in every way! 7/10
    That's been on my list forever. I'll have to try to get to it soon.
    Excellent film! Love the ending

Have you seen Bedevilled?
    Never heard of this one, but it's streaming on netflix as well. I'll try to get to both soon.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I Saw The Devil... WOW... a Korean film. Brutal in every way! 7/10
    That's been on my list forever. I'll have to try to get to it soon.
    Excellent film! Love the ending

Have you seen Bedevilled?
    Never heard of this one, but it's streaming on netflix as well. I'll try to get to both soon.
    you will not be disappointed

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Kingsman was just as cool and fun as I was hoping for. Easily one of the better action films I've seen recently. I love spy films, but the Kingsman was different. It didn't take itself too seriously.

I'm not easy to please when it comes to action (wink, wink), but The Kingsman is worth a watch for anybody that loves action. If the film is aimed to please 15-year-old boys, then I hope I never lose that quality. I hope when I'm 80 I still get pumped to watch these kinds of movies. You guys can snub your noses at them while I sit with a wrinkled goofy grin on my face.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I was dating someone and she wanted me to read the Hunger Game trilogy, so I did. I thought the books were poorly written and redundant with the whole class system rebellion theme. Nonetheless I watched the movies. The second book was the best, not that that says much, and the second movie was the best of the three. I watched the Mockingjay the other day and I'm not a fan of taking books and stretching them out for more money. But hey, if the idiot masses want to go out and blow their money on bad movies, then kudos to the creators. Mockingjay spent a lot of time trying to make Catniss' brand. The brand of being a fighter against the rich and making commercials to do so, wtf. For me all of them were simply something to watch when I was bored and to never watch again. For all of them I'd be generous at 5/10.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First of all, I liked the first two Hunger Games films. Does that make me an idiot? I didn't enjoy the third film, but I'm holding off until I see the final film to give my final verdict.

By in large, the quality of The Hunger Games films far exceed the quality of the dozens of clones it's spawned. The first 2 Hunger Games films have an 84% and an 89% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Very good critical scores proving that it's not just for "idiots". By the way, both of those films are rated higher than two films that were nominated for Academy Awards this year (American Sniper and The Theory of Everything.)

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    First of all, I liked the first two Hunger Games films. Does that make me an idiot? I didn't enjoy the third film, but I'm holding off until I see the final film to give my final verdict.

By in large, the quality of The Hunger Games films far exceed the quality of the dozens of clones it's spawned. The first 2 Hunger Games films have an 84% and an 89% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Very good critical scores proving that it's not just for "idiots". By the way, both of those films are rated higher than two films that were nominated for Academy Awards this year (American Sniper and The Theory of Everything.)
    I didn't loath the Hunger Game movies, but I'd never watch them again as they were average at best. It's like Twilight, young teen movies about love with bad love stories at that with sub-par acting. I've written before, I don't trust people's reviews and respect even fewer of them. I've read so much trash on reviews it is as if they are paid by the creators to turn a turd sandwich into steak. If Rotten Tomato has the Hunger Game movies ahead of American Sniper and Theory of Everything, then it is true, people aren't very bright. I'm very dumbfounded how easily people are entertained. I have a close friend that teaches art appreciation at a community college. If anyone here lived close to Cleveland I recommend his class. He can explain way better then I can and pull apart most of the garbage movie production companies sell to the world. You think I'm picky and judgmental? He is 10 times worse and explains to students the right way to make a movie. Is he right? Shockingly most of the time he is whether you value his teachings or not.

What clone type movies have the Hunger Games cloned? Isn't Hunger Games a clone of Battle Royale? Everything is almost a clone of something else though, is it not? I think after a century of movies nothing can truly be considered as an original anymore.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

I didn't loath the Hunger Game movies, but I'd never watch them again as they were average at best. It's like Twilight, young teen movies about love with bad love stories at that with sub-par acting. I've written before, I don't trust people's reviews and respect even fewer of them. I've read so much trash on reviews it is as if they are paid by the creators to turn a turd sandwich into steak. If Rotten Tomato has the Hunger Game movies ahead of American Sniper and Theory of Everything, then it is true, people aren't very bright. I'm very dumbfounded how easily people are entertained. I have a close friend that teaches art appreciation at a community college. If anyone here lived close to Cleveland I recommend his class. He can explain way better then I can and pull apart most of the garbage movie production companies sell to the world. You think I'm picky and judgmental? He is 10 times worse and explains to students the right way to make a movie. Is he right? Shockingly most of the time he is whether you value his teachings or not.

What clone type movies have the Hunger Games cloned? Isn't Hunger Games a clone of Battle Royale? Everything is almost a clone of something else though, is it not? I think after a century of movies nothing can truly be considered as an original anymore.
    That's your problem though. If somebody likes something that you don't like you just say they aren't very bright. Do you not see the fundamental flaw in that logic? Basically, I'm trying to determine if you're worth discussing stuff with on here. I'm starting to think not. It's just not worth debating with you if you continually think I'm stupid or I don't know anything about film because I didn't like a film you liked. It's just not worth it.

As for your friend, I have no doubt his class is interesting. I also have no doubt that I could also teach that class, as well as many other people here. Also, if he knows the right ways to make a movie, then why doesn't he go make a movie? "Those that can't do, teach." I'm assuming that applies here.

The clones I'm talking about are films like Divergent, The Host, Maze Runner, Ender's Game, etc. Young adult books that were fast-tracked to the big screen.

You're still relatively new here, so I've been willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I can only take a person calling me stupid and an idiot for so long. Especially if it's simply because we have a different opinion on a film.

My Mood
    Confused

That's your problem though. If somebody likes something that you don't like you just say they aren't very bright. Do you not see the fundamental flaw in that logic? Basically, I'm trying to determine if you're worth discussing stuff with on here. I'm starting to think not. It's just not worth debating with you if you continually think I'm stupid or I don't know anything about film because I didn't like a film you liked. It's just not worth it.

As for your friend, I have no doubt his class is interesting. I also have no doubt that I could also teach that class, as well as many other people here. Also, if he knows the right ways to make a movie, then why doesn't he go make a movie? "Those that can't do, teach." I'm assuming that applies here.

The clones I'm talking about are films like Divergent, The Host, Maze Runner, Ender's Game, etc. Young adult books that were fast-tracked to the big screen.

You're still relatively new here, so I've been willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I can only take a person calling me stupid and an idiot for so long. Especially if it's simply because we have a different opinion on a film.
    Divergent sucked, The Host sucked, I actually really liked Ender's Game, and Maze Runner was just OK.
    I never personal stated, "Still Servant you are an idiot." You pulled that out of what I have written and concluded that I was attacking you personally. I was not, but I still don't agree with your assessment on many movies. And that is my problem. If I know I'm right, no one will ever win. And because I am an avid movie watcher I have a hard time understanding other people's views because I honestly believe I am right and I honestly believe most of the movies out there are simply crap. I may be swayed, but usually that doesn't happen.
    My problem is simple. I have a very hard time understanding why people like the things they do, or do the things they do. I stated a long time ago. I am judgmental, opinionated, and I do not like most people. When I do something to better myself it bothers me when people don't do the same. I despise quitters and people that state they are going to do something, and yet never do. If I went to college, I have a hard time understanding why someone didn't or never finished. I know it sounds messed up, but that is how I am. The bottom line is: I hate most people.

P.S. The only movie my teacher friend liked this year was "Edge of Tomorrow" that was it. So I know neither of us could teach his class. He spends more time talking about movies of "historic value" like "Sorcerer" "Taxi Driver" "Reservoir Dogs" things like that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I never personal stated, "Still Servant you are an idiot." You pulled that out of what I have written and concluded that I was attacking you personally.
    It's implied. If you say that anybody that likes The Hunger Games is an idiot and I like The Hunger Games, then I'm an idiot. It's really quite simple.

I still don't agree with your assessment on many movies. And that is my problem.
    That's great, there's nothing wrong with that. It's what makes these boards fun. You say you can't see where people are coming from, then you say you don't like reading reviews. Well, maybe if you read a review you would see where people are coming from.

If I know I'm right, no one will ever win.
    It's not about winning. This isn't a contest. It's a forum for discussing movies.

And because I am an avid movie watcher I have a hard time understanding other people's views because I honestly believe I am right and I honestly believe most of the movies out there are simply crap. I may be swayed, but usually that doesn't happen.
    Then let me say this, if you take anything from this forum, let it be the fact that there are dozens of passionate fans of film here. Learn something from them. Take a chance on a film just because somebody you disagreed with loved it. You might just be surprised. Believe me, it's happened to me on a number of occasions.

P.S. The only movie my teacher friend liked this year was "Edge of Tomorrow" that was it. So I know neither of us could teach his class. He spends more time talking about movies of "historic value" like "Sorcerer" "Taxi Driver" "Reservoir Dogs" things like that.
    So your friend is qualified to teach that class because Edge of Tomorrow is the only film he liked this year? A silly statement, but I will play the Devil's advocate for a moment. I hated Edge of Tomorrow, it's the worst film I've ever seen, therefore your friend is unqualified to teach that class and should be fired immediately.

Lastly, I love discussing films with historic value like Taxi Driver and Reservoir Dogs. We often discuss films like that here. Also, trust me, I could teach a class on film. I know 3 teachers at the college I graduated from that teach classes on film history. I have more knowledge about film in my little finger than two of them have in their whole body.

I really want to like you, but you have to stop walking around here like you have the best taste in film and that everybody else has no clue what the fuck they're talking about.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I never personal stated, "Still Servant you are an idiot." You pulled that out of what I have written and concluded that I was attacking you personally.
    It's implied. If you say that anybody that likes The Hunger Games is an idiot and I like The Hunger Games, then I'm an idiot. It's really quite simple.

I still don't agree with your assessment on many movies. And that is my problem.
    That's great, there's nothing wrong with that. It's what makes these boards fun. You say you can't see where people are coming from, then you say you don't like reading reviews. Well, maybe if you read a review you would see where people are coming from.

If I know I'm right, no one will ever win.
    It's not about winning. This isn't a contest. It's a forum for discussing movies.

And because I am an avid movie watcher I have a hard time understanding other people's views because I honestly believe I am right and I honestly believe most of the movies out there are simply crap. I may be swayed, but usually that doesn't happen.
    Then let me say this, if you take anything from this forum, let it be the fact that there are dozens of passionate fans of film here. Learn something from them. Take a chance on a film just because somebody you disagreed with loved it. You might just be surprised. Believe me, it's happened to me on a number of occasions.

So your friend is qualified to teach that class because Edge of Tomorrow is the only film he liked this year? A silly statement, but I will play the Devil's advocate for a moment. I hated Edge of Tomorrow, it's the worst film I've ever seen, therefore your friend is unqualified to teach that class and should be fired immediately.

Lastly, I love discussing films with historic value like Taxi Driver and Reservoir Dogs. We often discuss films like that here. Also, trust me, I could teach a class on film. I know 3 teachers at the college I graduated from that teach classes on film history. I have more knowledge about film in my little finger than two of them have in their whole body.

I really want to like you, but you have to stop walking around here like you have the best taste in film and that everybody else has no clue what the fuck they're talking about.
    You must spread some Reputation points around before giving it to Still Servant again.

Just think of how boring life would be if we all liked the same thing. Being passionate about film is a very appealing quality to have but to be unfairly dismissive of others is not.

My Mood
    Confused

I meant the only movie of 2014 he actually liked was "Edge of Tomorrow" meaning I'm nowhere near as critical as he is. I liked Edge of Tomorrow as it was a cross between Groundhog Day and the Matrix robots, I'm glad I saw it, but I'll never see it again. He doesn't discuss many movies from recent memory. To me that's like comedies. They just don't make them amazing anymore.

I know I push people too hard and I rub people the wrong way. It has always been a fault. Works has been slow so I have been spending too much time on this site and too much time watching movies. At least I'm writing so that is something positive. I'll give you guys a little credit for "Babadook" but so far that's it. It's still a low budget kids flick to me.

My Mood
    Confused

I actually gave Still Servant positive feedback points once for something on the Walking Dead thread. I repeat, ONCE. My mistake and I'll never give it again. lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll give you guys a little credit for "Babadook" but so far that's it. It's still a low budget kids flick to me.
    It's the only kid flick I've ever seen where a mother tries to murder her child. You're watching some dark shit, my friend.

I actually gave Still Servant positive feedback points once for something on the Walking Dead thread. I repeat, ONCE. My mistake and I'll never give it again. lol
    Exactly!! You gave positive feedback on something I said because you AGREED with me!! It's the only time you respect the opinion of someone else - when it aligns with your own.

My Mood
    Confused

[QUOTE=Still Servant;904501]
    I'll give you guys a little credit for "Babadook" but so far that's it. It's still a low budget kids flick to me.
    It's the only kid flick I've ever seen where a mother tries to murder her child. You're watching some dark shit, my friend.

I actually gave Still Servant positive feedback points once for something on the Walking Dead thread. I repeat, ONCE. My mistake and I'll never give it again. lol[/QUOTE

Exactly!! You gave positive feedback on something I said because you AGREED with me!! It's the only time you respect the opinion of someone else - when it aligns with your own.
    I can't remember what link it was, but it had to do with repetition or something along those lines.
    See. Now you might just understand where I'm coming from. That might be the only time and it happened about a week ago. .
    ALSO, I did love "Donnie Brasco" as it had Pacino and Depp. But I'm bias for those type of movies. It was no "Goodfellas" but for that genre it's close to top 5 if you consider "Godfather trilogy" as 1 giant movie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Donnie Brasco is one of my favorite films. It's severely underrated.

Positive feedback??

My Mood
    Confused

I don't like when people state organized crime and mob movies are the same. Yes they are, but they are not. Mob movies are Italian based as derived from decades of being called that. So you can't steal that from the Italians. With that said, I haven't seen a good mob movie in a long time. Last above average one was....Departed?
    1. Godfather all
    2. Goodfellas
    3. Miller's Crossing
    4. Donnie Brasco
    5. State of Grace/Casino
    If you said organized crime, then Scarface is number 5. My opinion, but everyone knows that my opinion is fact . But it is hard to leave out Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. I liked Reservoir Dogs more because it was first and I liked the characters better. Departed? Maybe.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My problem is simple. I have a very hard time understanding why people like the things they do, or do the things they do.
    That's why I don't understand how you can possibly think The Babadook is a kid's movie. Maybe if it was riddled full of JUMP SCARES and MUSICAL CUES SAYING BE SCARED and actors saying THIS IS SCARY BE SCARED (which is TRUE kid's movie horror) you would have thought it was for adults.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte
    I don't like when people state organized crime and mob movies are the same. Yes they are, but they are not. Mob movies are Italian based as derived from decades of being called that. So you can't steal that from the Italians. With that said, I haven't seen a good mob movie in a long time. Last above average one was....Departed?
    1. Godfather all
    2. Goodfellas
    3. Miller's Crossing
    4. Donnie Brasco
    5. State of Grace/Casino/Departed
    If you said organized crime, then Scarface is number 5. My opinion, but everyone knows that my opinion is fact . But it is hard to leave out Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. I liked Reservoir Dogs more because it was first and I liked the characters better. Departed? Maybe.
    WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG. There are mobs in all kinds of countries and nationalities. Are you saying Eastern Promises isn't a mob move? Are the Yakuza not a mob? The Triads? Just Italian MY ASS. And The Departed is IRISH (based off an Chinese film Infernal Affairs about CHINESE mobsters), so way to break your own constrained genre specifications with your own list haha. The definition of mob is this: "5. a criminal gang, especially one involved in drug trafficking, extortion, etc." SOUNDS LIKE SCARFACE TO ME, non? Even the term Mafia, which is more specific, is definied as such: "a hierarchically structured secret organization allegedly engaged in smuggling, racketeering, trafficking in narcotics, and other criminal activities in the U.S., Italy, and elsewhere." The keyword here is ELSEWHERE, since there are mafias everywhere. How you can say 'my opinion, but everyone knows my opinion is fact' after you spouted a bunch of garbage that isn't true no matter much you want it to be.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    My problem is simple. I have a very hard time understanding why people like the things they do, or do the things they do.
    That's why I don't understand how you can possibly think The Babadook is a kid's movie. Maybe if it was riddled full of JUMP SCARES and MUSICAL CUES SAYING BE SCARED and actors saying THIS IS SCARY BE SCARED (which is TRUE kid's movie horror) you would have thought it was for adults.

1. Godfather all
    2. Goodfellas
    3. Miller's Crossing
    4. Donnie Brasco
    5. State of Grace/Casino/Departed
    WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG. There are mobs in all kinds of countries and nationalities. Are you saying Eastern Promises isn't a mob move? Are the Yakuza not a mob? The Triads? Just Italian MY ASS. And The Departed is IRISH (based off an Chinese film Infernal Affairs about CHINESE mobsters), so way to break your own constrained genre specifications with your own list haha. The definition of mob is this: "5. a criminal gang, especially one involved in drug trafficking, extortion, etc." SOUNDS LIKE SCARFACE TO ME, non? Even the term Mafia, which is more specific, is definied as such: "a hierarchically structured secret organization allegedly engaged in smuggling, racketeering, trafficking in narcotics, and other criminal activities in the U.S., Italy, and elsewhere." The keyword here is ELSEWHERE, since there are mafias everywhere. How you can say 'my opinion, but everyone knows my opinion is fact' after you spouted a bunch of garbage that isn't true no matter much you want it to be.
    I added Departed, Irish guys, as a 5th movie maybe for organized crime as a whole as with Scarface. I was being specific towards the true mob with my list. Mafia is and always was first an Italian word. Mob was also original for Italians too which is why I stated mob movies. I put a smile face for "fact" as a joke! Look it up. All criminal elements stole Mafia from Italians and mob was derived from that too. So the hostility is funny, since you don't even know what Mafia/mob really means or it's origination as the government added "Mafia" eventually to other criminal organizations and started calling other criminal enterprises as mobs or Mafia types. Wikipedia much lol. So someone doesn't know his history and spouted "garbage" with being 100% wrong. Funny stuff.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry you are right about Departed, Irish guys. However, Mafia is and always was first an Italian word. Mob was also original for Italians too. I put a smile face for "fact" as a joke. Look it up. All criminal elements stole Mafia from Italians. Who's an idiot?
    So because a word is Italian it means it only applies to Italians? Most criminal elements in other countries don't necessarily call themselves a mafia, but it's a generalisation they are referred to as by everyone else. They, like the Italian Mafia, are simply organized crime that runs on a hierarchy, kept within the family. The only difference between a mob of criminals and a mafia is the blood-relation elements in terms of hierarchy of power. Both are still organised crime. Italians invented the word Pizza too, even though they didn't invent the food itself. Origin of words does not denote absolute ownership of the word and its definition. Does inventing the Pizza mean they invented a flat-bread dish with toppings (they didn't)? Does it mean all pizza is Italian? Hell, people associate 'tomatoes' with Italy despite them not eating them until they were brought over from The Americas. Tomatoes...a food made famous by Italians is associated with Italian food culture despite being originally cultivated in South America and derived from a Spanish word...must be Italian. If you think organized crime was invented by Italians you are completely, completely mistaken. Organized crime's origins date back nearly to the beginning of civilization. Heck,the word 'Thugs' (which is an Indian word coined about 6 centuries before 'mobsters') meant gangs of criminals...Does this mean when Rappers call themselves 'Thugs' they mean 'We're a 13th century Indian Gang?' No, they don't. Words change meanings, their meanings broaden and take on new applications as their usage spreads and time adds new definitions. The word 'mafia' may be Italian, this doesn't mean all Mafias are Italian, which means mob movies don't have to be Italian to be a mob movie. Italians stole their organized crime from others, who stole it from others. If you traced organized crime aaaalll the way back, it's Asian/African, not Italian. So I think you're the idiot because it's surely not I.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'm sorry you are right about Departed, Irish guys. However, Mafia is and always was first an Italian word. Mob was also original for Italians too. I put a smile face for "fact" as a joke. Look it up. All criminal elements stole Mafia from Italians. Who's an idiot?
    So because a word is Italian it means it only applies to Italians? Most criminal elements in other countries don't necessarily call themselves a mafia, but it's a generalisation they are referred to as by everyone else. They, like the Italian Mafia, are simply organized crime that runs on a hierarchy, kept within the family. The only difference between a mob of criminals and a mafia is the blood-relation elements in terms of hierarchy of power. Both are still organised crime. Italians invented the word Pizza too, even though they didn't invent the food itself. Origin of words does not denote absolute ownership of the word and its definition. Does inventing the Pizza mean they invented a flat-bread dish with toppings (they didn't)? Does it mean all pizza is Italian? Hell, people associate 'tomatoes' with Italy despite them not eating them until they were brought over from The Americas. Tomatoes...a food made famous by Italians is associated with Italian food culture despite being originally cultivated in South America and derived from a Spanish word...must be Italian. If you think organized crime was invented by Italians you are completely, completely mistaken. Organized crime's origins date back nearly to the beginning of civilization. Heck,the word 'Thugs' (which is an Indian word coined about 6 centuries before 'mobsters') meant gangs of criminals...Does this mean when Rappers call themselves 'Thugs' they mean 'We're a 13th century Indian Gang?' No, they don't. Words change meanings, their meanings broaden and take on new applications as their usage spreads and time adds new definitions. The word 'mafia' may be Italian, this doesn't mean all Mafias are Italian, which means mob movies don't have to be Italian to be a mob movie. Italians stole their organized crime from others, who stole it from others. If you traced organized crime aaaalll the way back, it's Asian/African, not Italian. So I think you're the idiot because it's surely not I.
    I stated original. Meaning original mob/Mafia movies. Meaning Italian movies. Anytime people think of mob movies they always think of movies like the Godfather and Italians. I simply put up an original list for Italian mob movies and you assume I'm wrong. You come out with this assuming "I gotcha attitude" about how wrong I am and yet you don't see it. I state a list for original representation for mob movies of a top 5 and you go ballistic. You don't ask me anything, instead you flip out in a wasted attempt to prove me wrong. Mob is derived from Mafia, from Italians. The Asians were never called Mafia or mob until after the Italians. I'm sure cavemen had organized crime too, right? I made the list since Still Servant was also a fan and I was curious as to his response. Turn it anyway you want, you are wrong and that isn't an opinion. Quit using Wikipedia, it doesn't make you smarter. I'm done with you.

My Mood
    Confused

So I saw "The Loft" the other day and it wasn't bad 5/10. It is about 5 male friends getting a loft together and there is a murdered woman in it, it's the trailer I mentioned. It's like a thriller/drama where married men can get away from their wives. It had some twists, a nice cast of guys you would know, like Urban, and it was entertaining. I thought it wasn't bad and figured I'd mention it.
    Shocking to me was a movie called "Grizzly" with a memorable cast 2/10. I choked it down and it almost killed me. It had many notable actors, especially Thomas Jane and Billy Bob Thorton. It was a really bad "The Edge" with Baldwin and Hopkins. The acting was terrible and it truly disappointed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I saw "The Loft" the other day and it wasn't bad 5/10. It is about 5 male friends getting a loft together and there is a murdered woman in it, it's the trailer I mentioned. It's like a thriller/drama where married men can get away from their wives. It had some twists, a nice cast of guys you would know, like Urban, and it was entertaining. I thought it wasn't bad and figured I'd mention it.
    Shocking to me was a movie called "Grizzly" with a memorable cast 2/10. I choked it down and it almost killed me. It had many notable actors, especially Thomas Jane and Billy Bob Thorton. It was a really bad "The Edge" with Baldwin and Hopkins. The acting was terrible and it truly disappointed.
    Wow. Thanks Allasorte for not running something else for everybody. Kind of you
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

spoiler

I thought I was being very vague. No? If you watch a commercial, trailer, find a synopsis somewhere it will tell much more then I mentioned.

Country
    Country Flag

spoiler

I thought I was being very vague. No? If you watch a commercial, trailer, find a synopsis somewhere it will tell much more then I mentioned.
    I agree. I watched the movie and you did not ruin it... the Walking Dead was wrong man. That is why I called you out on it.... This is what we Canadians call "heating someone up" for their mistake.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 441 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast