Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 441 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

He was spot on in Gattacta.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Ethan Hawke can be pretty hit or miss. His work in Gattaca, and especially Training Day is really good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    He was spot on in Gattacta.

Ethan Hawke can be pretty hit or miss. His work in Gattaca, and especially Training Day is really good.
    Gotta watch that agian... forget it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

This is a Stephen King site, basically horror, so I figured I'd give a quick horror list of newer movies. It does take a lot for me to say it's good, so it must be really good if I state so lol.
    Annabelle 4/10. I wanted this to be good. It had it's moments, but it wasn't anything special. The mother, Mia, is hot!
    The Babadook 6/10. I stated before, not really scary and like an older child horror movie. Not bad
    Ouija 3/10. It wasn't very good at all. Luckily for me, it is nothing like my story I'm going to write.
    Housebound. 2/10. I couldn't get through it. Some mental chick on house arrest, I can't remember and don't care.
    Honeymoon 7/10. Good acting, a bit slow, about an abduction. A ghost, alien, or human antagonist? I think it is something to see if you like horror.
    Jessebelle 2/10. Just bad
    Wolf Creek 1 and 2 2/10. Not sure why anyone would see either of these.
    As Above, So Below 5/10. Very good idea, just tired of the cam type style headache driven movies.
    Oculus 7+/10. Very good idea about a haunted mirror. It tells a past/present story very well. Dark and scary. Good horror movie.....for once.
    Playback 2/10. Why has Christian Slater completely fallen from grace? He was once a rising star, now he is awful.
    Conjuring 9/10. I haven't seen a movie this well done in the horror genre in....forever.
    Tusk 4/10. Some guy stated in a synopsis the best part of the movie was the credits. I agree. A horror type gore comedy. I guess :/
    Deliver us from Evil 7/10. Very dark and well thought out, not sure how real it is; based on a true story.
    The Bay 2/10. No.
    The Woman in Black 7/10. I like Daniel Radcliffe and he seems to not just be M. Potter. Movie was a good remake.
    Let me In 4/10. I didn't like either movies. Slow, dull, boring. Both weren't worth much and didn't give much detail on any back stories.
    Sinister 7/10. Just creepy. Well down to the director!
    Insidious 9/10. Fell apart a bit at the ending but well written and the "scary" parts were executed very well with the music and dreary atmosphere.
    Insidious 2 6/10. Nice story, but nowhere near as good as the first.
    Horns 6/10. I'm liking Radcliffe. Good idea, not bad, but the ending really fell apart and dragged.
    Mama 7/10. The CGI was bad, but it was done well. The ending had a nice twist for once.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

How can you give Insidious and.The Conjuring such higher scores than The Babadook? Babadook is a transcendant piece of art, the others are standard average horror fare with awful characters. Such a notion hurts my heart :'(
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    How can you give Insidious and.The Conjuring such higher scores than The Babadook? Babadook is a transcendant piece of art, the others are standard average horror fare with awful characters. Such a notion hurts my heart :'(
    When I watch horror movies it is usually alone. I believe in ghosts and spirits because of a personal experience I had a long time ago that still sends shivers down my spine. I watch them at night, and through a theater-like stereo system most people don't have. I turn it up, and I go. "Conjuring" and "Insidious" possess old style scare movies with what's lurking in the corners and done well with eerie music, a unique style of dread and creepiness, with a dark tone. Not many movies do this and they creep me out as I tend to live alone. I have an extremely vivid imagination that can be seen in my writing, and some of my past personal experiences haunt me. They don't make good horror/scare movies anymore and these 2 movies felt like those to me visually, and on a personal level.
    "Babadook" was a child-like scare movie. I liked it, but it didn't frighten me. I thought the book parts were a great aspect of the movie to torment the protagonist, but the movie had a feel to scare only children, and not adults. I thought it was a kids flick to be honest.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I Love A Serbian Film.
    I've known about this film for a while. The entire film is on YouTube. I'm no prude, but I draw the line at raping babies. I'm not putting a spoiler tag around that either because people need to know what they are getting into before they decide to watch that film.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I saw "Enemy" the other day with Jake Gyllenhal 7/10. So far he has been pretty impressive in "Zodiac" and "Nightcrawler" too. An up and coming actual actor!
    Agreed. I'm not sure I'd call Gyllenhaal an "up-and-coming actor" though. He's been consistently working since Donnie Darko in 2001. Hell, his first film was as the kid in City Slickers in 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Have you seen the Spanish film Time Crimes yet?
    If you haven't yet, please watch it. Great film.
    Wow! Timing and all that. I just moved Timecrimes to the top of my queue. It's been in there since Heather turned me on to Netflix years ago. After watching Predestination, I promptly moved it to the top. I'm also planning on watching Timecop. I saw it when I was a kid, but I don't remember any of it.
    So you've had it just sitting in your queue for years...

Can't wait to hear what you think of it. I'll have to look up Predestination.
    Yup, I'm ashamed to admit it. I just kept bumping it for something else.

I've always liked Hawke. Those are his best performances for sure. Oddly enough, in Predestination it's newcomer Sarah Snook that really shines. Possibly my favorite Hawke performance is in the underrated film Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. Check it out if you haven't. It's amazing how long he's been around though. I remember growing up and seeing him in Alive and Dead Poets Society.

This is a Stephen King site, basically horror, so I figured I'd give a quick horror list of newer movies. It does take a lot for me to say it's good, so it must be really good if I state so lol.
    Annabelle 4/10. I wanted this to be good. It had it's moments, but it wasn't anything special. The mother, Mia, is hot!
    The Babadook 6/10. I stated before, not really scary and like an older child horror movie. Not bad
    Ouija 3/10. It wasn't very good at all. Luckily for me, it is nothing like my story I'm going to write.
    Housebound. 2/10. I couldn't get through it. Some mental chick on house arrest, I can't remember and don't care.
    Honeymoon 7/10. Good acting, a bit slow, about an abduction. A ghost, alien, or human antagonist? I think it is something to see if you like horror.
    Jessebelle 2/10. Just bad
    Wolf Creek 1 and 2 2/10. Not sure why anyone would see either of these.
    As Above, So Below 5/10. Very good idea, just tired of the cam type style headache driven movies.
    Oculus 7+/10. Very good idea about a haunted mirror. It tells a past/present story very well. Dark and scary. Good horror movie.....for once.
    Playback 2/10. Why has Christian Slater completely fallen from grace? He was once a rising star, now he is awful.
    Conjuring 9/10. I haven't seen a movie this well done in the horror genre in....forever.
    Tusk 4/10. Some guy stated in a synopsis the best part of the movie was the credits. I agree. A horror type gore comedy. I guess :/
    Deliver us from Evil 7/10. Very dark and well thought out, not sure how real it is; based on a true story.
    The Bay 2/10. No.
    The Woman in Black 7/10. I like Daniel Radcliffe and he seems to not just be M. Potter. Movie was a good remake.
    Let me In 4/10. I didn't like either movies. Slow, dull, boring. Both weren't worth much and didn't give much detail on any back stories.
    Sinister 7/10. Just creepy. Well down to the director!
    Insidious 9/10. Fell apart a bit at the ending but well written and the "scary" parts were executed very well with the music and dreary atmosphere.
    Insidious 2 6/10. Nice story, but nowhere near as good as the first.
    Horns 6/10. I'm liking Radcliffe. Good idea, not bad, but the ending really fell apart and dragged.
    Mama 7/10. The CGI was bad, but it was done well. The ending had a nice twist for once.
    You keep saying you're not easy to please when it comes to film, which might be true, but I'm starting to wonder if it's just that you are seeing a lot of shity movies. Annabelle, Ouija, As Above, So Below, Wolf Creek, etc. are some seriously horrible movies. You shouldn't be easy to please when it comes to films like that. You should be hating them for the most part.

When I watch horror movies it is usually alone. I believe in ghosts and spirits because of a personal experience I had a long time ago that still sends shivers down my spine. I watch them at night, and through a theater-like stereo system most people don't have. I turn it up, and I go. "Conjuring" and "Insidious" possess old style scare movies with what's lurking in the corners and done well with eerie music, a unique style of dread and creepiness, with a dark tone. Not many movies do this and they creep me out as I tend to live alone. I have an extremely vivid imagination that can be seen in my writing, and some of my past personal experiences haunt me. They don't make good horror/scare movies anymore and these 2 movies felt like those to me visually, and on a personal level.
    "Babadook" was a child-like scare movie. I liked it, but it didn't frighten me. I thought the book parts were a great aspect of the movie to torment the protagonist, but the movie had a feel to scare only children, and not adults. I thought it was a kids flick to be honest.
    I think you need to dig a little deeper in The Babadook. I'm not sure if you're looking at in the right way. It shouldn't be evaluated on the number of scares or the kinds of scares. It's really a film about motherhood, loss and mental health. There's a lot going on under the surface there. Essie Davis gives a fantastic performance. She most closely resembles Jack Nicholson from The Shining.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

We feel opposite then, allasorte. Insidious is a carnival house full of 'gotcha' moments, which to me is kid's stuff. The Babadook has zero jump scares and an ever thickening atmosphere of creepiness which to me is far scarier than anything else horror films have to offer. Insidious and other Wan films rely so heavily on musical cues and loud noises to get their scares across that they do nothing for me...even when the title appears it bursts onto the a black screen with loud music as if Wan is screaming at the audience, 'be scared already!' It just tries way too damn hard. They have cool visuals, but to be honest, parts of Vanilla sky creep me out way more than anything in Insidious, and Vanilla Sky ain't even a horror.

The visuals are kind of crap in this video, but these 'five scariest scenes in Insidious' are full of LOUD NOISES engineered to make you jump since the filmmakers knew they would fail otherwise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXGCxJGBPxs

My Mood
    Confused

You keep saying you're not easy to please when it comes to film, which might be true, but I'm starting to wonder if it's just that you are seeing a lot of shity movies. Annabelle, Ouija, As Above, So Below, Wolf Creek, etc. are some seriously horrible movies. You shouldn't be easy to please when it comes to films like that. You should be hating them for the most part.

My favorite are horror movies by far. So yes, the horror movies I posted were almost all pretty bad. Stephen King writes horror and they were movies I remembered off hand and figured I'd warn the horror lovers. They don't make them like they used to that is for sure. Almost any movie will have flaws, but when the masses talk up how amazing something is, I usually don't see it. I started watching "Babadook" again and you are right as Essie Davis was great from what I remember of her role. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but, I remember why I didn't care for it. I hate her annoying son. That's what ruined the movie for me.
    spoiler

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Ethan Hawke is one of the most consistent actors in Hollywood. Not too many great actors like him cross so many genres. He can do thriller, horror, sci-fi, comedy, romance, drama, action...he's the man. He's not hit or miss at all, you just haven't watched his best movies. Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight, Boyhood, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead. Sure he has misses, but that's because he's not above doing genre pictures, which sometimes just aren't the best made films. There are few actors that make me want to watch a movie more than Hawke. Even if a movie isn't that good, it's never his fault.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the Before Sunrise trilogy but I mean to. I hear that all 3 films in the series are excellent.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the Before Sunrise trilogy but I mean to. I hear that all 3 films in the series are excellent.
    They're excellent. Each film is a little better than the last. It is literally just conversation, basically in real time, between two people.

My Mood
    Confused

I think Ethan Hawke is one of the most consistent actors in Hollywood. Not too many great actors like him cross so many genres. He can do thriller, horror, sci-fi, comedy, romance, drama, action...he's the man. He's not hit or miss at all, you just haven't watched his best movies. Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight, Boyhood, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead. Sure he has misses, but that's because he's not above doing genre pictures, which sometimes just aren't the best made films. There are few actors that make me want to watch a movie more than Hawke. Even if a movie isn't that good, it's never his fault.
    Who comes to mind as an actor I always like to watch from today's era are Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender. I think all these guys have done many different roles and overall have done extremely solid in their parts. On the flip side, I feel Nicholas Cage always plays the same character in every role he is in.

I would never say Ethan Hawke is great. Jack Nicholson, Gary Oldman, Al Pacino, Humphrey Bogart would be great actors.....no?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Johnny Depp was great, unfortunately the 'less is more' approach is one that he locked away in his favorite toy chest and stuffed in the darkest corner of his attic. He just plays a caricature of himself nowadays.

Hugh Jackman is a decent actor but I wouldn't call him great.

The Fass, now there's an actor you can label as great. Even in the mediocrity that was Prometheus he was able to shine. He was the best part of that film.

My Mood
    Confused

A lot of people here didn't like Prometheus then? The funny thing is, is that there is soooooo much talk about this film. Good and bad. It seems to be more talked about then Alien lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite are horror movies by far. So yes, the horror movies I posted were almost all pretty bad. Stephen King writes horror and they were movies I remembered off hand and figured I'd warn the horror lovers. They don't make them like they used to that is for sure. Almost any movie will have flaws, but when the masses talk up how amazing something is, I usually don't see it. I started watching "Babadook" again and you are right as Essie Davis was great from what I remember of her role. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but, I remember why I didn't care for it. I hate her annoying son. That's what ruined the movie for me.
    spoiler
    Ouch. That's pretty harsh. I can see where you're coming from though. The kid was a bad seed and that's a huge part of the film. Him being a problem child is one of the things that pushes his mother to the edge. However, the interesting thing about the film is that the kid starts out crazy and uncontrollable, but then it's the mother who starts to go insane and the kid calms down and is the sane one.

Really good film.

As far as putting Hawke in among those other great actors, yes, I think you can. There are different levels of greatness. He may not be as great as them, but he's still very good.

I love Johnny Depp too, but there's no way I can say that from his recent filmography. I'm not sure anybody can.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Prometheus. Didn't seem like it would be an underrated film with all the hype, though haha

My Mood
    Confused

I'm not bashing Babadook, I'm just not in love with it and for whatever reason, it didn't frighten me.
    Actors recently have been churning out bad movie after bad movie. There are several new movies with Nicholas Cage that I couldn't finish that were recently released. When's his last good movie? "Raising Arizona? lol. Anyone attempt to watch "Vice" with Bruce Willis? I used fast forward again. And Johnny Depp hasn't done something great in awhile, for sure.

I think it's funny how some of these animation movies coming out have better stories then movies. "Big Hero 6" was a nice kids movie to see.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There are several new movies with Nicholas Cage that I couldn't finish that were recently released. When's his last good movie? "Raising Arizona? lol.
    I thought Kick-Ass was pretty good. I also heard that he was really good in a film called Joe that was released recently.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not bashing Babadook, I'm just not in love with it and for whatever reason, it didn't frighten me.
    Actors recently have been churning out bad movie after bad movie. There are several new movies with Nicholas Cage that I couldn't finish that were recently released. When's his last good movie? "Raising Arizona? lol. Anyone attempt to watch "Vice" with Bruce Willis? I used fast forward again. And Johnny Depp hasn't done something great in awhile, for sure.
    I know people who would say Joe, Bad Lieutenant or Knowing (haven't seen them). Plenty of great movies since Raising Arizona: Matchstick Men, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, Snake Eyes, 8MM...plus all his good to great action fare like Con-Air, Face/off, Gone In 60 Seconds, Kick-Ass and The Rock. You can trace his downward fall to National Treasure, and Ghost Rider was him going off the cliff.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of people here didn't like Prometheus then? The funny thing is, is that there is soooooo much talk about this film. Good and bad. It seems to be more talked about then Alien lol.
    It didn't know if it wanted to be a full on Alien prequel, or a philosophical exploration of our origins. It tried to do both and it crashed spectacularly (lol).

Once the film reaches its half baked answers, there's a prevailing sense of "so what?". Not to mention the most idiotic team of 'scientists' ever portrayed in cinema.

The biggest tragedy here is what could have, tbh. It had all the ingredients to be a genre high water mark. Sadly, it never lived up to that potential.

My Mood
    Confused

I forgot about Kick-Ass, but that movie was more geared on the kids then him as the main actor. I liked 8MM as it was dark. I'm simply stating as an "actor" he seems to play the same character. He has been in some high budget films, but as an actor he seems to be the same person in each. "Leaving Las Vegas" falls into my category of anyone can play a drunk so anyone could play the part. The high budget big explosions movies he was also in I really wasn't a fan off.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know people who would say Joe, Bad Lieutenant or Knowing (haven't seen them). Plenty of great movies since Raising Arizona: Matchstick Men, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, Snake Eyes, 8MM...plus all his good to great action fare like Con-Air, Face/off, Gone In 60 Seconds, Kick-Ass and The Rock. You can trace his downward fall to National Treasure, and Ghost Rider was him going off the cliff.
    Cage had a streak in the 90's of some endlessly entertaining films. As far as recent films, he's actually really good in Bad Lieutenant. It's not as good as the original film with Harvey Keitel though.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see how it's easy to play a drunk. If anything, that's a type of role is most prone to being hammy as shit.

My Mood
    Confused

It didn't know if it wanted to be a full on Alien prequel, or a philosophical exploration of our origins. It tried to do both and it crashed spectacularly (lol).

Once the film reaches its half baked answers, there's a prevailing sense of "so what?". Not to mention the most idiotic team of 'scientists' ever portrayed in cinema.

The biggest tragedy here is what could have, tbh. It had all the ingredients to be a genre high water mark. Sadly, it never lived up to that potential.
    I remember reading Ridley Scott stating it was going to be a pre-quel, then they decided to make it a sort of stand alone movie. If it did well, it would become a trilogy leading up to connecting it to "Alien." It made over 500mil worldwide making it a success. However, the flaws were there regarding the idiot scientists. Like the guy who designed the mapping system and gets him and the biologist lost. WTF? Or the touchy biologist who has to run and touch everything. Why? I don't understand the idea of making people stupid in horror type movies. I know there are deleted scenes out there that make more sense of the stupidity of the characters, but why leave it out or even make them idiotic in the first place? They are supposed to be scientists, therefore, intelligent people. Then again, what would we do if we were in that type of situation? I personally would hope I would run the hell out of there. I did really like the movie from Fassbeneder and Rapace as they did a great job. I understand the plot holes as long as they will be fulfilled in the second movie which is rumored to be made relatively soon. We will see as a whole what happens.

My Mood
    Confused

Loving horror movies, I found a site talking about new movies coming soon. I'm curious about "Green Inferno" but it was postponed and no idea when that is coming. I saw a trailer for the new "Poltergeist." I haven't seen many remakes that were worth it so I'm not holding my breath that it will be great like the original. I am losing hope in the horror genre as there are more movies coming soon. A new "Friday the 13th," another "Paranormal Activity," "Sinister 2," another "Amityville," and "Insidious 3." We don't need more Jason movies, I did enjoy the first Paranormal and I'm tired of low budget movies doing well so they need to make 10 more. I did like Ryan Reynolds in that Amityville, but we don't need more. And Isidious 3 is a prequel. For the love a God......why?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 441 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast