Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 441 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Ils - I know a lot of folks have seen this one already, but I just got to take a peek. 4/5 paw prints. Very intense, taut thriller with little gore but plenty of psychological tension. This one will have you sleeping with a weapon under your pillow - just in case.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

eXistenZ - 6/10

Layer Cake - 7/10

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    Anyone care to comment on the new Sherlock Holmes? I'm debating picking up a copy of the blu-ray. Never got a chance to see it in theaters.
    2 / 10
    But it is enjoyable. And Robert Downey Jr.is really successful.

I'd go as high as 5/10. Plot was "eh..." but it was entertaining, exciting, and very fun.

INK (NOT Inkheart)

8.5/10

The movie was visually stunning and the plot kept me hooked all the way to the revelation at the end. It is a great look at the human soul, what it can endure, and how it can evolve.

It was one of those quarky movies that I waited until my wife was out of the house and son was napping to watch. I promptly asked her to watch it with me again and she thoroughly enjoyed it as well. It was a very movie film that I would recommend to everyone
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh, I just looked it up. Sounds interesting.

Eastern Promises 7/10
    I really enjoyed this one. Not my favorite Cronenberg movie, but it was still a very solid film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Shutter Island - 10/10
    I like it, but not this much. To me, was a little predictable, and i think the music/sound effects were to much

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Shutter Island - 10/10
    I like it, but not this much. To me, was a little predictable, and i think the music/sound effects were to much
    Hey Letti - I'm interested. In your local theater - Did you see this in English with subtitles? Or was it dubbed?

( I ask because sometimes if it's dubbed, a lot of that music/sound effects stuff that David was mentioning can be subduded to make sure the dubbing is clear )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice High_Desert_Gunslinger is on a distinguished road High_Desert_Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last movie I watched is an old one but a classic in my opinion.

Beetlejuice [1988] = 9/10

Even though its really cheesy I can't help but love this movie. Tim Burton did a great job directing and Michael Keaton did an amazingly, creepy job portraying Beetlejuice. A creepy and twisted movie but I have always loved it since I was a kid.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

1408 = 5/10

I liked the look of the movie, the sets, the way it was filmed etc - but I didn't think any of the actors performances were that good and I didn't like the way in which the story had been changed.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    1408 = 5/10

I liked the look of the movie, the sets, the way it was filmed etc - but I didn't think any of the actors performances were that good and I didn't like the way in which the story had been changed.
    That's exactly how I felt!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The whole thing with the daughter was just overly soppy and really detracted from the scare factor. Plus, John Cusack's freaked out faces looked comical.

They really should have made more of the interview between Mike and the hotel manager, it had awesome potential.

My Mood
    Worried

So true. I found the changes lessened the impact of an awesome story.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cube - 7.5/10

Wow. Has anyone else seen this ? It's a very low budget sci-fi thriller but it is better than a lot of blockbustin' sci-fi's I've seen. An interesting premise - a seemingly random assortment of individuals awake to find themselves inside a cube with doors on all facets, each door leads to another cube, and some of them are cleverly booby trapped with flamethrowers , hoses that spray acid, and other ingenious devices. Bits of information are trickled throughout the movie by it's protagonists as they attempt to find an exit to their enigmatic prison, and you begin to piece things together brick by brick, cube by cube. I'd recommend this to anyone, even if sci-fi isn't your forte.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Ah, Cube is a good movie. There are two more:
    Cube 2 / Hypercube
    Cube Zero

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I saw that it had both a sequel and a prequel. I'm thinking I'll pick up Cube Zero first, even though technically it's the 'third' movie in the franchise.

My Mood
    Worried

I like the traps in the Cube movies.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, they were awesome. My favorite one was

Spoiler:
    the sound activated room, where all those blades come out. That scene was so intense, I was literally holding my breath during most of it

My Mood
    Worried

Yeah, that was totally crazy!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

On a scale of one to ten, what was the ick factor? If it's too high then I can't watch it

My Mood
    Worried

It's been a long time since I saw them, but I don't think they were too icky. I do recall a couple of scenes that most folks would find gross. feev or Melike can probably answer more accurately since I believe they've seen them more recently.

Keep in mind, though, I have an extremely high gross-out level.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

they are little icky, but i love the premise of the movies. (thats why i also like the Saw movies)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, if you'd compare them to Saw, that's all I need to know...not for me!

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ninja Assassin 10/10. I had this laying around for weeks not thinking I would care for it much. Hands down the number one movie on my list of movies I wish I had seen at the movies.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hot Tub Time Machine - I'd give it a 7/10. It was funny but not as hilarious as everyone was saying it was. I probably didn't catch all the references since I'm a 90's baby.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kick-Ass - 3.5/10. Some parts were funny, but overall it was just cheese to the extreme.

Casablanca - 8/10. I loved the whole feel of the movie. Bogart was incredible.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    Kick-Ass - 3.5/10. Some parts were funny, but overall it was just cheese to the extreme.
    Ouch. I saw it in theaters this past friday, and while it wasn't the masterpiece I was expecting, I still enjoyed it immensely. 7/10 from me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 441 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast