Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 441 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, should have clarified - no, I wasn't referring to Europa Report, I'm sure I'll get to that at some point though.

I was referring to Lars Von Trier's WWII masterpiece Europa.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad reviews are the fun ones to write, Michael lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but it's certainly not the field that Lou is involved in. I've seen that world, but I don't like working for the news. Also, here in CT it's certainly not like L.A. There's even a dig on Hartford in the film.

I like writing reviews for bad movies too, it's just that if I'm going to expend energy I'd rather expend it on something I want people to see. Like I said, I'm very picky about what movies I see and I normally only see something if I know I will like it. At least that's the case for movie I see in theater.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I like writing reviews for bad movies too, it's just that if I'm going to expend energy I'd rather expend it on something I want people to see...
    Bingo.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a movie, but I'm currently halfway through the TV series Broadchurch. Really digging it! Very interested to see whodunnit. Please, no spoilers or even subtle discussion, or I will crawl through the internet and kill you.

And speaking of TV series murder mysteries, I just finished True Detective. Great atmosphere, and the acting was tremendous--especially Harrelson and McConaughey, and everyone else as well. My main quibble with the reveal and revelation:

Spoiler:
    We are set up to discover some huge far-reaching conspiracy and it turns out the killer and "leader" of whatever cult was behind the murders turns out to be a low-class Parish groundskeeper???? Supposedly the conspiracy involves powerful politicians, businessmen, clergy, etc. No way they all follow some inbred white-trash bayou rat.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    And speaking of TV series murder mysteries, I just finished True Detective. Great atmosphere, and the acting was tremendous--especially Harrelson and McConaughey, and everyone else as well. My main quibble with the reveal and revelation:

Spoiler:
    We are set up to discover some huge far-reaching conspiracy and it turns out the killer and "leader" of whatever cult was behind the murders turns out to be a low-class Parish groundskeeper???? Supposedly the conspiracy involves powerful politicians, businessmen, clergy, etc. No way they all follow some inbred white-trash bayou rat.
    Spoiler:

He is not the leader of that cult, just a 'high ranking officer', if you will. Marty and Rust discuss how the other leaders are still out there, but that there is nothing they can do about it; "It doesn't matter, we got our man."

I don't think there is any one particular supreme leader, but if there is it will probably be explored in later seasons.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

True Detective was amazing. Broadchurch was great as well, with one little gripe, which I won't mention until after you finish it. Gracepoint (American remake of Broadchurch) is pretty good as well, as it's pretty much shot for shot, just with prettier/shinier people.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Interstellar yesterday. No need to give background info on the movie. Epic in scope and reach, the film benefits from being viewed on the largest format possible.
    Methodical, but never boring, the film captures the despair, the hope, the failure, and the "Et tu, Brute?" that mankind is capable of.
    Some of the theoretical physics may go over a persons head, but they weren't too technical to enjoy. Several parts defy the attempt to be scientifically correct, but the movie works on every level.
    The 3rd reel, ropes it all in and proceeds at an almost dizzying pace.
    The film is best enjoyed if the viewer "thinks outside the box...-almost in another dimension"
    5/6 on the RFSPRS. I'd give it 6 beers, but one would miss a lot of the movie going to the restroom if they drank 6 during the film.

Loved that books (real books, not digital versions) played a small but integral part in the movie. Watch for Stephen King's Doubleday "The Stand". Clearly focused upon.

Spoiler:
    Obvious link to the "5th Element" thought of love transcending every dimension.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed Interstellar yesterday. No need to give background info on the movie. Epic in scope and reach, the film benefits from being viewed on the largest format possible.
    Methodical, but never boring, the film captures the despair, the hope, the failure, and the "Et tu, Brute?" that mankind is capable of.
    Some of the theoretical physics may go over a persons head, but they weren't too technical to enjoy. Several parts defy the attempt to be scientifically correct, but the movie works on every level.
    The 3rd reel, ropes it all in and proceeds at an almost dizzying pace.
    The film is best enjoyed if the viewer "thinks outside the box...-almost in another dimension"
    5/6 on the RFSPRS. I'd give it 6 beers, but one would miss a lot of the movie going to the restroom if they drank 6 during the film.

Loved that books (real books, not digital versions) played a small but integral part in the movie. Watch for Stephen King's Doubleday "The Stand". Clearly focused upon.

Spoiler:
    Obvious link to the "5th Element" thought of love transcending every dimension.
    I'm glad you liked it, RF. I think Interstellar is going to be one of those films that people who didn't like it the first time will grow to appreciate it years later when they watch it again.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for jinxing me, Feev. I've been on a run of bad films lately.

Not Cool - 3.0

Not Cool is one half of the cinematic experiment chronicled on the Starz TV Show The Chair where two directors take the same script and create two different films. Not Cool is directed by YouTube sensation Shane Dawson, who is known for his crude humor and his penchant for playing wildly stereotypical characters, many of whom require him to dress up as a woman.

Not Cool is a failure of a film on so many levels. It mixes moments of cringe-worthy humor with truly heartfelt moments. It’s a schizophrenic film that can’t make up its mind on the kind of film it wants to be. Sometimes it wants to be an off-the-wall comedy willing to go anywhere for the hope of a cheap laugh. Other times it wants to be a serious coming-of-age story.

This is clearly the fault of Dawson as a director who was scared of stepping outside of the comfort zone of his YouTube style of humor. It’s too bad because the quieter moments of the film prove that Shane could have created something special if he would have just allowed himself to stray from his normal style. Another major problem with the film is Dawson as an actor. He cast himself as the male lead, a role he is obviously miscast for.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I watched the whole season of The Chair, I would have steered clear of Not Cool. It has the look and production values of a student film, not the feature it was supposed to be.

It remains to be seen if Shane will have a future as a director. Unless he decides to shed himself of his YouTube persona, I’m afraid he will never become anything more than just that - a YouTube Star.

Hollidaysburg - 4.0

Hollidaysburg is the other half of The Chair experiment. It’s directed by aspiring filmmaker Anna Martemucci. Where Shane Dawson’s film failed on multiple levels, Anna’s film fails in a completely different way. Shane was trying to make an in-your-face comedy often striving for the shock value. Anna went the more subdued, Indie drama route. The result is a pretentious snoozefest packed with miserable characters.

The film tries so hard to fit in the Mumblecore genre, but fails at creating characters you actually care about. Many of the scenes drag on without a clear direction or any semblance of a story.

Contrary to Shane’s film, Hollidaysburg at least looks and feels like a real film. The cinematography is good and it features a nice soundtrack. As a whole, the acting quality is far superior to Not Cool.

All this can’t wipe away the fact that Hollidaysburg is just not a very good film and only slightly beats out Shane’s film in my mind. I’m actually ashamed to admit that Anna’s film is only marginally better than Not Cool. It should have blown it out of the water. It turns out, the only success that came from The Chair experiment is the fact that two different directors can take the same screenplay and make two entirely different films and completely fail on multiple levels for an array of different reasons.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Whiplash: A triumph is a simple word to describe this film. The energy both emotional and kinetic just pulls you in. The varying tones in the cinematography really add to its depth. Miles Teller is tremendous as we watch his progression, from his meek and shy beginnings to some of the most derranged passion you'll see. J.K Simmons has to be a front runner for Supporting Actor. He's so domineering and immaculately as an instructed who instills his own derranged passion on his students. The editing, especially in the final sequence, is as good as youll ever see. If this film isn't nominated for editing it'll be a travesty. The ending is simply incendiary and perfect. There is so much to enjoy in this film. All I've been listening to since watch Whiplash yesterday is Jazz.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Whiplash: A triumph is a simple word to describe this film. The energy both emotional and kinetic just pulls you in. The varying tones in the cinematography really add to its depth. Miles Teller is tremendous as we watch his progression, from his meek and shy beginnings to some of the most derranged passion you'll see. J.K Simmons has to be a front runner for Supporting Actor. He's so domineering and immaculately as an instructed who instills his own derranged passion on his students. The editing, especially in the final sequence, is as good as youll ever see. If this film isn't nominated for editing it'll be a travesty. The ending is simply incendiary and perfect. There is so much to enjoy in this film. All I've been listening to since watch Whiplash yesterday is Jazz.
    I watched that film twice in a row on the last day of Sundance just to see the ending scene a second time.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for jinxing me, Feev. I've been on a run of bad films lately.

Not Cool - 3.0

Hollidaysburg - 4.0

LOL

My bad!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Horrible Bosses 2 yesterday. Simple review. Not funny. Horribly unfunny. Flop-sweat unfunny.1/6 beers on the RFSPRS.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you find the first one funny?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I loved the first one. It has double the score on Rotten Tomatoes though......
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Jennifer Aniston killed it in the first one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Jennifer Aniston killed it in the first one.
    100% agree.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed Horrible Bosses 2 yesterday. Simple review. Not funny. Horribly unfunny. Flop-sweat unfunny.1/6 beers on the RFSPRS.
    I had a feeling this would happen. I liked the chemistry so I will probably see this one too at some point.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - 7.0

Mockingjay marks a distinct change in tone for the Hunger Games franchise. In fact, the very name of the series no longer applies to the films.

Where the other two films focused on the actual Hunger Games, an insane institution pitting young adults against each other in a fight to the death, Mockingjay has abandoned this format for a more personal, politically driven story.

The change in focus is an inevitable course for the franchise. It just makes sense, but I can’t help but feel that Mockingjay felt quite jarring in comparison. The film is slower in pace and more claustrophobic. Gone are the wide open arenas and the fast-paced action scenes from the first two films. Instead, Mockingjay takes place either in a dark underground headquarters or blown-out cities.

Also gone is the imaginative special effects. What we get instead is round table discussions about war and how to sell it to the public. Katniss is a hero, but to the powers that be, she’s more of a propaganda piece. She’s essentially a puppet that gets propped up in front of a camera and forced to emote in hopes that she can inspire the population to stand up and revolt.

Katniss is understandably reluctant at first, but complies rather easily and never really questions or opposes it after.

If it wasn’t for Hollywood’s desire to split books into two films in order to maximize profits, I think Mockingjay Part 1 & 2 would probably flow pretty nicely. Then again, we won’t truly know until a year from now.

In the meantime, what we have is a film that feels unfinished. Mockingjay is easily the slowest Blockbuster action film you will ever see. Especially one geared towards a young audience. If it didn’t have The Hunger Games name attached to it, most young adults would steer clear.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the first Hunger Games movie I'm not really excited to rush out and see. I love the books (though Mockingjay is definitely the weakest link) but I think I'm just losing interest in the adaptations. Maybe because it's been such a gap since I read the books.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard a lot of people enjoyed Mockingjay the most, which is why I assumed it's getting a two film deal.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard a lot of people enjoyed Mockingjay the most, which is why I assumed it's getting a two film deal.
    It was planned to split the final book into two films years ago. This is a disturbing trend in Hollywood right now. Twilight's last book was split into two films and the same for Harry Potter. Of course, there is The Hobbit which became 3 films. Kind of crazy.

Ricky, maybe you should just wait until next year. Rent part 1 and then see part 2 in theaters depending on how much you liked part 1.

Country
    Country Flag

It was planned to split the final book into two films years ago. This is a disturbing trend in Hollywood right now. Twilight's last book was split into two films and the same for Harry Potter. Of course, there is The Hobbit which became 3 films. Kind of crazy.

Ricky, maybe you should just wait until next year. Rent part 1 and then see part 2 in theaters depending on how much you liked part 1.
    What would you do??? If you could film two at once... for only a little more money (in the grand scheme of things), stay relevant for an extra whole year and double the money.... hmmmmmmmmm. Makes sense to me... even though it is silly and I find it annoying.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 441 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast