Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 441 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great individual scenes do not make up for the randomness that was that movie. Not even the director knows what it's about.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Great individual scenes do not make up for the randomness that was that movie. Not even the director knows what it's about.
    Lynch refuses to explain, but insists it does tell a coherent story. I understand at least one level, which is great because the parts fit like a key and tumblers. There are a few left over, though, and I still suspect there is another interpretation of the plot which I never figured out. Not that I'm sure I'd even want to know that. But you don't have to grasp the sequence to understand some themes and symbols. The horror of it demands sense, and I think it's safe to say you can just blame Hollywood. It's about the dark side of the city of dreams. It's a fantastic style, really far above the flat, linear types. Also, it's a fine example of the unique features of film as an art medium. For example, it would be hard in a novel to connect two characters in different chapters like Lynch does just by using the same actor. I believe this is his best work.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Half of what makes Mulholland Dr. such a puzzle is it's history. It was Lynch's second TV show after Twin Peaks but the network cancelled it on him after they'd already filmed I think six episodes. So what you're seeing the film is six episodes of a TV show cut right down to the bone with some stuff filmed as well.

The scene in the diner is one of the greatest scenes ever, creeps me out like no other. I've only seen it twice but it is a movie that demands you to pay attention to it. There's a lot of images in it that are definitely stuck with me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you mean the first scene in the diner. That's the most overtly creepy, although the last scene in the diner is the real trouble.

I've taken the history of the project into account, but I don't think it really marred the final product. It ultimately makes a lot more sense than "Twin Peaks" did.

However, I still can't decide whether to be excited that they are producing a new "Twin Peaks" series. -- I personally take so much ironic pleasure in that fucked-up original finale!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm really excited about another Twin Peaks series. Do I think it'll be as good as the first? No way, but with Lynch behind it, I think it'll be intriguing. And I'm really curious what he's going to do with the story.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mullholland Dr. is one of the most intriguing films I've ever seen. It's tops on my "stranded on a deserted island and you can only pick 5 movies" list (I know I know, electricity and DVD players and all that--but you get my point). I've seen it perhaps 8-9 times and it's always fresh and I always pick up additional angles and insights.

The movie does tell a coherent story. It may not be "linear" but there is an actual plot and the interpretation that I have come up with (well, me and internet sages) is supported by the evidence on screen. There is very little random about it and I don't believe Lynch needs to deconstruct the scenes for our benefit. It's all there if you want to look for it.

IMO, the key scene of the movie is the audition where she plays out the line reading. Once you understand what's really happening there, most of the rest of the movie falls into place, more or less, especially on subsequent viewings.

This movie will never fall out of my all-time top-10 list, regardless of what other great movies come along.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Matt I finally watched Beneath, don't hate me, but I thought the movie was pretty bad I think my biggest problem was that all of the characters were so annoying, that I wanted every single one of them to die. Also
    Spoiler:
    they rushed very quickly into sacrificing each other, especially considering the fish was barely bothering them every time they tossed someone overboard. And then you find out they had a small ax the whole time
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Matt I finally watched Beneath, don't hate me, but I thought the movie was pretty bad I think my biggest problem was that all of the characters were so annoying, that I wanted every single one of them to die. Also
    Spoiler:
    they rushed very quickly into sacrificing each other, especially considering the fish was barely bothering them every time they tossed someone overboard. And then you find out they had a small ax the whole time
    All that is intentional. They're annoying because they're realistic haha. They're also not very smart, they make smart decisions (like looking through stuff for the ax, using the cooler lid to paddle) but it's also past their due date. The catfish is us watching the movie, we're not actively doing the killing (they are), and we just happily watch and eat up the carnage. The movie is more about the death of a teenage kliq. Where these kids are only friends because of a survival technique, and they only function together in specific roles they've crafted for each other that aren't who they actually are but were necessary for social functioning, and high school is ending, the kliq is breaking, and with the fish to really survive they have to show who they really are. I like the way it's very opposite to most horror movies:
    Spoiler:
    the tramp and the asshole last the longest, the sweet girl goes down first, the hero ties a terrible death trying to save the day and win back his love.
    I love the campiness to it, the funny jaws homage that gets funnier with an oar sticking out to the top of the fish, the way the fish messes with their heads and the way they yell at it 'what do you want from us?', the way it bites the cooler lid when they finally think to paddle with it and it bites it just for the lid with a huge bite out of it to float away. It did everything possible to be as conventional as possible while flipping conventions on it's head. You have to look *cough* beneath the surface of everything you see in it to find all the goodness. These characters all secretely hate each other and the fish gives them a reason to bring it out. I know I'm in the vast minority when it comes to this movie, I love it but a lot of people outright hated it lol

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw The Judge. Very predictable and a bit sentimental at times. Worth watching for Downey Jr. and Duval alone. Great added moments from D'Onofrio and Billy Bob.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know where to put this, but this is the last movie that I watched, even though I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but a lot of it. Not a traditional film, no, but a masterpiece of surrealist art nonetheless. Lynch would be proud:

Yes, it is almost six hours long. Some background info for the sane: http://mashable.com/2014/10/15/blah-airlines/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't even look at that thumbnail without getting freaked out. Forget 6 hours.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Best job I ever had!"

Fury - 8.5

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Fury - 8.5, The Rover - 8.0, 2 Guns - 7.5 check out my site for mini-reviews on all three films.

Pop Cultured with Movie Mike

Most of the movies I've seen in recent weeks are under Quick Flicks on the first page.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dumbo
    Three out of five stars.

Now, I'm sure I've seen this when I was younger, and I've always known the basic story (Baby elephant, big ears, circus, mouse friend, flies), but I haven't seen it as an adult. Rose and I watched it before bedtime and after watching it, I have to say, what a depressing movie. Obviously, Dumbo being picked on because of his deformity, and being ignored, and shunned, that sucks. His mother being chained up and separated from him sucks, him being demoted to "clown" sucks ... But I have a theory that I haven't read anywhere else before. Just checked imdb's Dumbo message board and ... nothing.

This is the end of the movie: After a night of drinking and pink elephants (which was an amazing scene, by the way. Rose absolutely loved it), Dumbo and the mouse wake up in a tree with some birds. How did they get up there? Well, after some nonsensical thinking, the mouse decides "Oh, we must have flown up here." So, he gets the birds together, and they create a lie, a "magic feather." Well, they convince Dumbo that this feather is magic and can make him fly. So, he flies, all his dreams come true, the elephants that shunned him get their comeuppance, everyone loves him, his best friend gets famous, and he's reunited with his mother. The end.

Now, my theory. It's pretty simple. Can anyone guess what it is? I think Taxi Driver stole the idea many years later.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fourteen hours later and nothing? Boo.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry man, I haven't seen Dumbo in years. I wouldn't be of much help.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Was always more of a Pinocchio fan, myself. Some great life lessons for kids to learn as well as scarring the little shits for life with random donkey horror.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bug - A very well crafter psychological thriller with very good performances. Harry Connick Jr definitely should have acted more because he's got major screen presence. Michael Shannon and Ashley Judd are as good I expected them to be. It does a great job of representing mental illness, loneliness, desperation and paranoia. I like in the end we don't know what was real, and what wasn't, or who most of these people even were. ****

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Uugghhhhh I hated Bug. It's been years since I've watched it, but I remember hating it. Painful to sit through. I'd watch it again, but I don't wanna, lol

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Bug the first time I took shrooms, and it killed my high. No joke. Even now I can't remember what the fuck happened lol.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mission Impossible 3 (theatres)
    Joe Dirt
    Grandma's Boy
    The Waterboy
    Stay
    The Descent
    Zoolander
    See No Evil
    Feast
    Rules of Attraction
    Sixth Sense

(movies I've watched on shrooms lol)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I made it a point to watch three of my favorite movies - Terminator 2, Goodfellas, The Dark Knight - on shrooms. When I watched TDK, it felt like the Joker was whispering right in my fucking ear dude. It was nuts lol.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just as long as you always watch Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas sober, that's the main thing. First time I watched that, I was just drunk, and I was still freaked out as fuck by what I was seeing!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I watch Monday night raw on shrooms, and Triple H was right in the camera screaming on the mic and I said, "Trips, man, we're right here. You don't gotta yell so loud.

Mission Impossible, with the face masks... Didn't know what was happening. And the gap between Laurence Fishburnes teeth....we couldn'tstop laughing at the close ups...it seemed huge haha. And, waiting to buy tickets, a mentally handicapped girl started talking to us and I couldnt handle it and bailed...I wouldn't normally laugh in that scenario but the shrooms.

I don't remember what I was on when I watched fear and loathing for the first time, it was something I shouldn't have been doing, I know that much.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

haha, this conversation almost made me share too much

+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 441 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast