Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 441 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed "The Equalizer". Well paced, beautifully shot (eyes, just watch the eyes), violent, but not gratuitous violence, and a great acting job by Denzel Washington. A "hero" doesn't always have to take his shirt off and show rippling muscles to be powerful.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    I'm as curious about that as I am about the original series, although I must admit, Washington is a far cry from Edward Woodward. XD I'll check it out if reviews are good enough. This is definitely a good start, though.
    I've never seen the original series, but I'm pretty sure this film resembles the TV show in name only and a few other themes. This is more in the vain of Denzel's other action films. He's fantastic as usual and if it was some second tier actor, this would probably be just an average film.
    Denzel could have made Encino Man a good movie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Eraserhead.

I've rated a lot of movies one out of five stars in my lifetime. Here is the list:

2001 Maniacs: Field Of Screams, Altered States, Basket Case, Birth, Black X-Mas, Bloody Mary, Bruno, Bug, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, Cabin Fever 3: Patient Zero, Cannibal! The Musical, Cell 2, Darkness, Faces Of Death 3, Fantastic Voyage, Freaked, House / Hausu, I Spit On Your Grave, I Stand Alone / Seul Contre Tous, Ice Age: The Meltdown, In A Glass Cage / Tras El Cristal, Junebug, Kelly Clarkson's Cautious Christmas Music Tale, Love Object, Meet The Spartans, Pauly Shore Is Dead, Pi, Pirahna 3DD, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Pulse, Salo, Seed, Semi-Pro, Supernatural Activity, Suspect Zero, Syriana, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, The Big Tits Dragon / Kyonyu Doragon: Onsen Zonbi Vs Sutorippa 5, The Child's Eye, The Last Horror Movie, The Million Dollar Hotel, The Ruins, The Squid And The Whale, The Ward, Hour Of The Wolf, Velvet Goldmine, Wild Orchid, and Wild Things: Diamonds In The Rough.

That being said, I have never seen as horrible a "film" as Eraserhead. I wanted to turn it off after five minutes. I REALLY wanted to turn it off after ten minutes. And literally every minute after that, it got exponentially worse. I thought I was being tricked. I thought, "There is absolutely no way this is a real movie. This is a joke." But it's real, and some people love it. Some people think it's art. Jean probably loves it, he's into that artsy stuff. Not me. This was shit.

I wouldn't wish a viewing of this piece of shit on my worst enemy. I couldn't turn it off. It became a challenge. Could I do it? Could I actually finish this movie? And I did finish it, but I hate myself for finishing it. Ninety minutes of my life, absolutely gone. A lot of people always say that, "Oh, that's so and so hours I'm not getting back." But for me, this type of hatred of something makes everything related to it so much more important.

This isn't just ninety minutes of my life that I wasted.

This is the last one minute that ninety different people spend with the love of their lives before seeing them die of old age in a hospital bed. That's what I just wasted.

Fuck.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ha ha. I can easily see that reaction. I watched Eraserhead, oh, 4-5 years ago and it scarred me. (Not scared; scarred. LOL). I did not hate it. There's no way I can say I "liked" it. To this day, I don't think I can articulate exactly what I thought of the movie. I don't know that there are words in the English language that can describe this movie. It defies description. I guess I do appreciate the balls Lynch had for putting this nightmare on film.

After watching it and trying to process the inevitable WTF???? reaction, I did a little online clicking (just Google "Eraserherad meaning") to see what interpretations others might have come up with. That was actually some pretty interesting reading. Lots of interpretations of hidden meanings and allegorical allusions. Most bullshit I'm sure, but interesting nonetheless. If I recall, one lengthy essay postulated (and to some extent, supported) that the entire film was a metaphor for masturbation.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default GONE GIRL

Saw Transformers: Age of Extinction. Movie was decent, a solid C+.

Looking forward to seeing GONE GIRL. Should be wicked.

--Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Traveler ka-tetcast will become famous soon enough

I had three hours to fill in hanging around the city the other day so I went to see "The Maze Runner." I had incredibly low expectations and was blown away. I thought it was pretty strong and I loved the audacity the movie had in being so brutal given its target audience.

A solid 7 out of 10.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Was Eraserhead your first Lynch film, Shannon?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Eraserhead. Didn't love it only because I am not crazy about films that rely too heavily on allegories and symbolism, and are essentially intellectual constructs. But there were a few scenes there I truly loved.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as David lynch movies go, I've seen Mulholland Drive which, while not a good movie by any means, had incredibly amazing scenes. Some of the best "scenes" I've ever seen. The Elephant Man, which I gave a four out of five, and Wild At Heart, which I gave a two out of five.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Eraserhead.

I've rated a lot of movies one out of five stars in my lifetime. Here is the list:

2001 Maniacs: Field Of Screams, Altered States, Basket Case, Birth, Black X-Mas, Bloody Mary, Bruno, Bug, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, Cabin Fever 3: Patient Zero, Cannibal! The Musical, Cell 2, Darkness, Faces Of Death 3, Fantastic Voyage, Freaked, House / Hausu, I Spit On Your Grave, I Stand Alone / Seul Contre Tous, Ice Age: The Meltdown, In A Glass Cage / Tras El Cristal, Junebug, Kelly Clarkson's Cautious Christmas Music Tale, Love Object, Meet The Spartans, Pauly Shore Is Dead, Pi, Pirahna 3DD, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Pulse, Salo, Seed, Semi-Pro, Supernatural Activity, Suspect Zero, Syriana, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, The Big Tits Dragon / Kyonyu Doragon: Onsen Zonbi Vs Sutorippa 5, The Child's Eye, The Last Horror Movie, The Million Dollar Hotel, The Ruins, The Squid And The Whale, The Ward, Hour Of The Wolf, Velvet Goldmine, Wild Orchid, and Wild Things: Diamonds In The Rough.

That being said, I have never seen as horrible a "film" as Eraserhead. I wanted to turn it off after five minutes. I REALLY wanted to turn it off after ten minutes. And literally every minute after that, it got exponentially worse. I thought I was being tricked. I thought, "There is absolutely no way this is a real movie. This is a joke." But it's real, and some people love it. Some people think it's art. Jean probably loves it, he's into that artsy stuff. Not me. This was shit.

I wouldn't wish a viewing of this piece of shit on my worst enemy. I couldn't turn it off. It became a challenge. Could I do it? Could I actually finish this movie? And I did finish it, but I hate myself for finishing it. Ninety minutes of my life, absolutely gone. A lot of people always say that, "Oh, that's so and so hours I'm not getting back." But for me, this type of hatred of something makes everything related to it so much more important.

This isn't just ninety minutes of my life that I wasted.

This is the last one minute that ninety different people spend with the love of their lives before seeing them die of old age in a hospital bed. That's what I just wasted.

Fuck.
    I just want to know the story behind how you found yourself watching Kelly Clarkson's Cautious Christmas Music Tale.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I watch pretty much everything I come in contact with. That being said, check out the cast list, lots of good names there:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3353118/

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Horns.
    Five out of five stars.

I haven't read the book (I know, sue me) and while the movie wasn't perfect, it was still excellent and original. Loved it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I enjoyed Eraserhead. But I can see where its not everyone's type of film. Its one that I've actually been wanting to go back and rewatch soon.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Horns.
    Five out of five stars.

I haven't read the book (I know, sue me) and while the movie wasn't perfect, it was still excellent and original. Loved it.
    But isn't a 5/5 a perfect score?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Near perfect, allowing for some minor flaws. The movies that get added to my Top Thirty list are perfect though.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Then it should've been 4.75/5.

Did you watch it On Demand? I saw it on there yesterday (which I thought was strange since I could've sworn it came out on Halloween) for $10, and thought that was kind of high (even for VOD releases).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't watch it On Demand ... ... lol

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My friend was just talking about how great of an experimental film Eraserhead is lol. And Shannon, HOW THE HECK is The Squid and The Whale one of five stars? That movie is freaking fantastic.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it eight years ago, I don't remember anything about it. I would give it another chance, but ... I have too much other stuff to watch.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seen Coherence... not as good as I thought for sure.... I was maybe too pumped??? Oh well
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, "Horns" was pretty well done, though they enhanced the story a bit for the screen. Still not bad at all for VOD. Also, good for a first time, Joe Hill adaption.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Why is Horns released on VOD already when it doesn't hit theaters till the end of the month? Seems funny. Might take away from the sales at the boxoffice.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's weird, too. That explains why I thought I comes out on Halloween--because it does!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Horns.
    Five out of five stars.

But isn't a 5/5 a perfect score?
    Near perfect, allowing for some minor flaws. The movies that get added to my Top Thirty list are perfect though.
    I've always been interested in the different ways people rate films...

If I give a movie a 10/10 (or 5/5 in this case) it's not because I think it's a perfect movie - don't think such a thing exists - but rather that the film capitalized on its premise to the full extent. There are very, very few movies that I could give a perfect score to. The Godfather is definitely one of them.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I rate films on a 5-star basis. I've given 5 stars to films many would consider ridiculous. My consideration is "did the movie achieve its goal?" (scare me; make me laugh; make me ponder, etc.) or perhaps "did it provide 5-star entertainment" to ME (regardless of how others might perceive it for film-making quality).

When I think of "perfect film," the one that immediately comes to mind is Ikiru.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

22 Jump Street... gotta say... laughed my ass off. IT was pretty funny!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 441 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 ... LastLast