Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 441 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Mud. Excellent, excellent, excellent movie. Five out of five.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You nailed it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, RF.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Maze Runner:

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews From the Couch View Post
    The Maze Runner is a master class in creating suspense not just for YA films but for films in general.
    Full Review

Spoiler-ish pet peeve:
    Spoiler:
    I loved the movie, but why does every YA book or movie have to be dystopian?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent review, Ricky.

I'll be honest - I'm one of those whose initial inclination is to blow off YA films, precisely for those reasons you mentioned. The melodrama and the shoehorned love triangles. It grates on my nerves. Glad to hear this is one of those few that buck the trend. The premise is intriguing, so I might give this a whirl.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Great review, Mike. I had heard of The Drop, but it doesn't seem like it's getting a ton of exposure. I might have to check it out when it's on DVD or VOD.

I also like how you included the trailer. I was surprised to realize that I hadn't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Excellent review, Ricky.

I'll be honest - I'm one of those whose initial inclination is to blow off YA films, precisely for those reasons you mentioned. The melodrama and the shoehorned love triangles. It grates on my nerves. Glad to hear this is one of those few that buck the trend. The premise is intriguing, so I might give this a whirl.
    Thanks, Fernando!

Yeah, I would definitely recommend it to people who aren't usually fans of YA films. I didn't know what to expect going in to it and was surprised that it was very action- and suspense-based. A local reviewer mentioned its Predator-like aspect, which is something I think you might appreciate.

The characters are a little underdeveloped and there are quite a few mysteries unanswered at the end, but I bumped up my rating because it was so much fun.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely amazing short film. If you have seven free minutes, spend it on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryenlQKTbE

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really solid review, Ricky. Like I mentioned before, I didn't really have any interest in The Maze Runner until I heard you say that you liked it. I'm hoping to see it in the coming weeks.

Thanks for noticing I linked The Drop trailer. You are exactly right about the trailer for that film, it just didn't get a lot of attention. I love trailers and I'm always looking for them, but I didn't see The Drop trailer until about 3 weeks ago. I know it's not going to open at most theaters, but I urge everybody to check it out on DVD or On Demand.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think some of you have already seen Coherence, but if not, get thee to a copy NOW. It's one of the few films that made me want to watch it again right away after it ended. Mind-bending doesn't begin to describe it. Definitely one of my favorites of the year (even though it technically came out in 2013).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think some of you have already seen Coherence, but if not, get thee to a copy NOW. It's one of the few films that made me want to watch it again right away after it ended. Mind-bending doesn't begin to describe it. Definitely one of my favorites of the year (even though it technically came out in 2013).
    Yes, yes, and yes.

My Review
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

have watched Contact
    the story is ok, but altogether it's exactly the kind of film bears don't like. Some five or so minutes close to the end were good (after she is back, and before the corny finale)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    have watched Contact
    the story is ok, but altogether it's exactly the kind of film bears don't like. Some five or so minutes close to the end were good (after she is back, and before the corny finale)
    I'm a sucker for those kinds of corny things

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are sorry they couldn't like it! they really tried

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bears should watch Her...that is sci-fi for bears to fall in love with as I did. It's near perfect filmmaking.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

bears remember!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen Kane: While it was a great film with one viewing it's hard for me to say it's the best film of all time, or one of the best, and repeated viewings may make me appreciate it more. It's defitinitely a film with a lot to take in. A lot of nice little subtle touches, like the quotations around 'singer'. There was some good humour in it (some of that was me and my friend laughing at the Bobo episode of The Simpsons and various other simpsons references to the film) which was nice. In some ways it has parrallels to Wolf of Wall Street, especially when Kane brought in all those dancers and was having the parties lol, was almost expecting them to break out the blow. The cinematography is amazing, especially an early scene after they screened the opening video, the backlighting, the silhouettes, the smoke...that's the kind of thing you can only find in black and white, and I wish more current films used black and white like Good Night and Good Luck and Nebraska did. The best scene in the movie was the dinner table exchanges between Kane and his wife overtime, it gives a great sense of the changes in him and their relationships, capped off by the very subtle fact she's reading The Chronicle lol. Kane is definitely a tragic character who could have everything he wanted, and did, except those days of childhood before being shipped away from home. I am not sure if
    Spoiler:
    the fact Rosebud was in his pile of stuff that was getting burned at the end meant that he bought so much he didn't even realise he had it or if he bought it and he realised it was just a thing and could do nothing for him.

Think I'm going to do a little run through of the classics I've had for a bit and haven't watched....Lost Horizon, Blow Up, Sunset Boulevard, Manhattan, Shane, Touch of Evil
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So glad you enjoyed it Matt. I think you'll appreciate it more the more times you see it. From a film making standpoint I think it is absolutely amazing, and I really don't think another film comes close.

As per your spoiler...
    Spoiler:
    I believe Citizen Kane was one the first films to really utilize deep focus. This is crucial for a particular scene early on in the film. As it allows you to see him playing outside in the snow, so happy and full of life, and inside you see his mom pretty much signing his life away. That moment will forever change who he is as a man. So I think to him rosebud symbolizes who he was and brought him back to a time in his life where he was purely happy and loved and with no worries. Which is a huge change from who he became.

You should definitely watch Sunset Boulevard. I actually just rewatched this one semi-recently. Great film. And Touch of Evil, while not on my list of best films, is definitely worth a viewing, if only for that opening shot.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Equalizer - 8.5, A Walk Among the Tombstones - 7.5 and The Maze Runner - 8.0 check out my site for mini-reviews on all three films.

Pop Cultured with Movie Mike

Most of the movies I've seen in recent weeks are under Quick Flicks on the first page.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I thoroughly enjoyed "The Equalizer". Well paced, beautifully shot (eyes, just watch the eyes), violent, but not gratuitous violence, and a great acting job by Denzel Washington. A "hero" doesn't always have to take his shirt off and show rippling muscles to be powerful.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Think I'm going to do a little run through of the classics I've had for a bit and haven't watched....Lost Horizon, Blow Up, Sunset Boulevard, Manhattan, Shane, Touch of Evil
    Some of my very favorite films listed there, so jealous of anyone getting to watch great films for the first time
    Pauline Kael called Citizen Kane "a shallow masterpiece" and I tend to agree with her, there is so much sumptuous viewing to take in but very little beneath the surface I think, what you see is what you get but it is one of the most gorgeous films I've ever seen and that alone is enough to keep me coming back for more

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed "The Equalizer". Well paced, beautifully shot (eyes, just watch the eyes), violent, but not gratuitous violence, and a great acting job by Denzel Washington. A "hero" doesn't always have to take his shirt off and show rippling muscles to be powerful.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    I'm as curious about that as I am about the original series, although I must admit, Washington is a far cry from Edward Woodward. XD I'll check it out if reviews are good enough. This is definitely a good start, though.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    have watched Contact
    That's my favorite part, too. Of course. To me it is a good movie overall, but just a few minutes are really great.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    I'm as curious about that as I am about the original series, although I must admit, Washington is a far cry from Edward Woodward. XD I'll check it out if reviews are good enough. This is definitely a good start, though.
    I've never seen the original series, but I'm pretty sure this film resembles the TV show in name only and a few other themes. This is more in the vain of Denzel's other action films. He's fantastic as usual and if it was some second tier actor, this would probably be just an average film.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll watch anything Denzel is in so I'm sure I'll end up watching this at some point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 441 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast