Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 441 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Toy Story 3 - 10/10

On the surface it's a childrens animated film, but under the glossy finish is a film about loss, the fear of being discarded / forgotten, and the way a soul can be poisoned over time because of it. There are various new characters introduced, but they not only provide a light hearted counter balance to the darker undercurrents of the movie, but they provide the main cast of toys with a better understanding of the world outside Andy's room.

There are some very powerful and genuinely gripping moments throughout the film (those last 10 minutes will knock the wind out of you), as we can see several facets and memories of our own lives reflected in the dilemmas the toys go through. Part childrens film, part comedy, part action adventure, and part introspective journey , Toy Story 3 has something to offer no matter what the age group. A perfect send off to an amazing series.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Timecrimes (Los Cronocrímenes) 8/10

An interesting little film from Spain. It's a suspense/scifi film about a man who is accidentally sent back in time, and what follows is a somewhat puzzling series of events. I don't really know what more to say without giving anything away. Anyone else here seen it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds really interesting Heather. Did you rent it, or watch it online or something like that? Seems like all the good movies I am interested in seeing aren't carried at my Blockbuster.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sounds really interesting Heather. Did you rent it, or watch it online or something like that? Seems like all the good movies I am interested in seeing aren't carried at my Blockbuster.
    I rented it through netflix. The Blockbuster here is terrible too. They only carry a million copies of the current popular films and nothing else

I'd recommend checking it out. I think you might like it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, I need Netflix...and Tivo...

I've found that Blockbuster is like that too...just current "Blockbuster" releases, none of the older stuff. And if they do carry the older movies, the disks are scratched, worn, etc., and skip in the DVD player. Not a fan of that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

44 inch chest

6/10, i loved this film and RW is a memerising to watch, unfortunatley it lost points on the ending
    i am having a Ray Winston weekend

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Timecrimes (Los Cronocrímenes) 8/10

An interesting little film from Spain. It's a suspense/scifi film about a man who is accidentally sent back in time, and what follows is a somewhat puzzling series of events. I don't really know what more to say without giving anything away. Anyone else here seen it?
    It's kind of funny that you mentioned Timecrimes. After I watched Primer, I was reading the Primer board on IMDB and a bunch of people were recommending Timecrimes.

Now that I know somebody who has actually seen it, I will put it in my Netflix Queue.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Toy Story 3 10/10

Toy Story 3 has everything you could possibly want in a great film. It has heart and emotion, more suspense than any film Hollywood has put out in recent memory and it's packed with more action than ten summer blockbusters.

I honestly can't find anything wrong with this film. It deals with grown up themes such as what it's like having to grow up and fear of abandonment. We all used to be kids and at some point we stopped playing with our old toys. Seeing that transition come to life on film is sad to say the least.

Any great animated film has something to offer all demographics. Toy Story 3 does just that and more. The kids will love it just because it's a cartoon with pretty colors. Adults will love it's heartwarming story telling and memorable characters. If you are a movie buff, you will especially have a fun time catching little nods to all kinds of film genres.

Toy Story 3 borrows major themes from prison films, gangster films and even horror films. The later is mainly because of the zombie like baby that is creepy to say the least.

What Toy Story does best is make you care about the characters. The viewer is literally invested in their well being. As the film progresses, we are increasingly fearing for the safety of our favorite toys, and even though it's an animated film, the question of whether or not the toys will survive begins to creep into our minds.

I'm not sure if there is anything more I can say about Toy Story 3. It's funny, it's sad, it's full of action and it's nostalgic. In one word, it's perfect.

Along with the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Toy story might just be the greatest trilogy of all time.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Toy Story 3 10/10

Toy Story 3 has everything you could possibly want in a great film. It has heart and emotion, more suspense than any film Hollywood has put out in recent memory and it's packed with more action than ten summer blockbusters.

I honestly can't find anything wrong with this film. It deals with grown up themes such as what it's like having to grow up and fear of abandonment. We all used to be kids and at some point we stopped playing with our old toys. Seeing that transition come to life on film is sad to say the least.

Any great animated film has something to offer all demographics. Toy Story 3 does just that and more. The kids will love it just because it's a cartoon with pretty colors. Adults will love it's heartwarming story telling and memorable characters. If you are a movie buff, you will especially have a fun time catching little nods to all kinds of film genres.

Toy Story 3 borrows major themes from prison films, gangster films and even horror films. The later is mainly because of the zombie like baby that is creepy to say the least.

What Toy Story does best is make you care about the characters. The viewer is literally invested in their well being. As the film progresses, we are increasingly fearing for the safety of our favorite toys, and even though it's an animated film, the question of whether or not the toys will survive begins to creep into our minds.

I'm not sure if there is anything more I can say about Toy Story 3. It's funny, it's sad, it's full of action and it's nostalgic. In one word, it's perfect.

Along with the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Toy story might just be the greatest trilogy of all time.
    I couldn't agree more. I have come to write the same but you did it. Thanks.

I was a bit worried to watch this movie because... well it's the third part and the whole story was so close to my heart. But Toy Story 3 did it. It's as good as the first two parts if not better. And that's something.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Toy Story 3 10/10

I couldn't agree more. I have come to write the same but you did it. Thanks.

I was a bit worried to watch this movie because... well it's the third part and the whole story was so close to my heart. But Toy Story 3 did it. It's as good as the first two parts if not better. And that's something.
    Isn't it amazingly satisfying when a film not only lives up to the hype, but goes above and beyond our wildest expectations?

Doesn't happen often.

Traveler Mo-linoDeViento is on a distinguished road Mo-linoDeViento's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Toy Story 3: 7/10.

I really enjoyed the final installment of the Toy Story "saga" if you will, though it wasn't the best of the three. I teared up at the end, was on the edge of my seat at the climax (the dump), laughed out loud and gasped louder than the children around me at the theatre. The graphics weren't totally awesome, which was a good thing in order for it to blend in with the other two, but they had definitely improved (remember Andy's mom in the first movie? Terrible construction). Overall, extremely satisfying, but not a mind-blowing adventure, so 7.5/10.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey - I was wondering if you all could do a bit of a comparision with Toy Story 3 and WALL-E.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Harry Brown 8/10

not pleasant viewing as its very close to what is going on in the Uk with the 'youth of today' but its a good film

Country
    Country Flag

Woah, woah, woah--when did this come out?! I've been waiting for it to come in the theaters here in the U.S., but I don't think it has. Is it only a UK release at the moment?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

um, i am not sure. I was given the DVD by a friend - i think its been on DVD for a few months over here.

If you do get a chance i highly recomend it

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    um, i am not sure. I was given the DVD by a friend - i think its been on DVD for a few months over here.

But...but...that's not fair! I want to see it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You could fly to Europe just to catch a movie.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An Education - 8/10 solid film with a great cast. It had some good moments and the acting was excellent.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    You could fly to Europe just to catch a movie.
    You paying for the air fare?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Shutter Island
    5/10

I liked it, but thought it built up to a pretty predictable ending. And by 'predictable', I kinda guessed the ending in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

do you have one of those multi region dvd thingies? if so i could send a copy of you?

Country
    Country Flag

do you have one of those multi region dvd thingies? if so i could send a copy of you?
    Like a DVD player that plays DVDs from different regions? If so, I have no idea. I've never heard of something like that before.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

( helpful hint for those who want to watch "off" region DVDs - I use my laptop to watch Region 2 DVDs from the UK. The software allows me to set the region two different times before its a "fixed" unchangable setting. So, I watch US DVDs on my PS3, and I watch Region 2 DVDs on my laptop. )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or you can buy a Philips DVD player for $50 and push 4 buttons on the remote. Voila, region-free DVD player.

(My collection of over 700 DVDs is heavily weighted toward R3 and R2 Asian films)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Book of Eli (7/10) - This was a good movie that reminded me a lot of Children of Men. I would have given it a better rating except there are many slow points that could have been cut just a bit to help the film move along.

The Wolf Man (3/10) - This is the recent film with Anthony Hopkins. I paid $5 to rent it, and I wish I had my money AND my two hours back. Don't waste your time with this remake. Either get the original Universal film starring Lon Chaney Jr. or one of the recent werewolf films like An American Werewolf in London/Paris, Underworld, or even I Was A Teenage Werewolf starring Michael Landon. They were all better films. (This film made me miss the old Werewolf TV series that featured Chuck Connors.)
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 441 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast