Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 441 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Juno - 9/10

I really love Jason's style in this film. Still doesn't quite manage to be as good as Up In The Air, but enjoyable all the same.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    The Dunwhich Horror--a more recent take, maybe dated somewhere in 2006-2008

Verdict: This should NOT be a hard Lovecraft tale to adapt AT ALL. Yet this adaption takes place in modern times and features the Whatley family abducting human women to breed with Yog-Sothoth...so tentacle pron. YAY!

I can't even give this one a rating. The story itself is one of my favorites by Lovecraft. The movie was just bad. *headdesk*
    Most Lovecraft adaptations fail. Not to say they're not sometimes entertaining, but they seem to fall short as a rule.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Killers - 3.5/10

Get Him to the Greek - 7/10

Shutter Island (2nd viewing) - 10/10

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

men you stare at goats 9/10 i love this film

Zombieland 5/10
    1/5 for the first half and 4/5 for the second half

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ponyo: 9/10

Another uber cute classic from Studio Ghibli. Beautiful animation sequence at the start

Gummo: 3/10

There were some interesting parts, in comparison to the flat out bizarre parts, but as a whole I found it quite boring. I was disappointed as the only other film I've seen by this director was Kids, which I thought was amazing.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Splice - 7.5/10

Really, really liked this one. It took an interesting turn of direction which I wasn't expecting and had a couple neat twists throughout the course of the film. I thought the acting, effects, message, etc. was all pretty fantastic.

The only negatives would be a couple slow parts that could've been shortened/edited out, and adding a little more action. I thought there would be much more of it (and earlier on). Other than that, a really great movie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Ponyo: 9/10

Another uber cute classic from Studio Ghibli. Beautiful animation sequence at the start
    It's such a sweet little film, isn't it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Spider 7/10

Cronenberg directs this film which follows Spider, a man who has just been recently released from a mental institution. The story is told in flashbacks, as Spider remembers his childhood and a traumatic event which led to him being institutionalized. It's an interesting concept, especially in the way in which told. It's haunting, creepy, sad, and uneasy all at the same time. Nothing is quite as it first appears to be. But I don't want to say much more. It's a great character study, and Ralph Fiennes is wonderful as the lead, especially considering he's virtually silent throughout most of the film. Honestly I don't think I've seen a film quite like it before.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm intrigued ! Spider shall be one of the next films I watch

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Broadcast News - 9/10.

I've seen it, literally, hundreds of times... and watched it again this morning. It's brilliant. The writing, the cast, the direction.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amercian, the Bill Hicks Story - 9/10

It's a photo animated documentary by the people who knew him best. The photo animation thing is brilliant and there are some really cool early Hicks photos and stand up. Plus i dont think anyone could have played Hicks. The genuine affection from his friends and mum who talk about him is really moving especially the end.

The only reason I marked it down is sometimes you werent sure who was narrating. There was also no mention of a fiancee I seem to think he had. That said it may have been her wish.

Truly moving and insighful, it's a shame it's not widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm intrigued ! Spider shall be one of the next films I watch
    Right after Rear Window

I'm really curious what you'll think of it. Let me know when you watch it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post

Zombieland 5/10
    What was wrong with the first half of Zombieland? If you don't mind me asking.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Broadcast News - 9/10.

I've seen it, literally, hundreds of times... and watched it again this morning. It's brilliant. The writing, the cast, the direction.
    William Hurt. *shakes head, laughing* I haven't seen that movie since... god, in years. I saw it in the theater with my SO. Good times.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Trick R' Treat- 10/10

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Broadcast News - 9/10.

William Hurt. *shakes head, laughing* I haven't seen that movie since... god, in years. I saw it in the theater with my SO. Good times.
    It's one of my favorite movies and it holds up fairly well, actually. The cast is winner, all the way. Tons of great lines and basically, this is about the most accurate and best depiction of American news.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Trick R' Treat- 10/10
    Bold rating !! Care to elaborate ?

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah... wow. 10/10 - I'm not even sure I can name a movie I'd give a 10/10.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah... wow. 10/10 - I'm not even sure I can name a movie I'd give a 10/10.
    Trick R' Treat- 10/10
    Bold rating !! Care to elaborate ?
    No, not really!

I can think of LOTS of movies I'd give a 10. I guess I'm just easy.
    Spoiler:
    That's what she said!
    A 10 IMO is a film that was flawlessly executed with what was available. As for any real elaboration that will have to wait until I have more free time. I'm about to go to work, but this little movie definitely deserves a place among horror's best.

Anyone who doesn't watch this horror movie should have razor blades put in their halloween candy.

If you rescue me

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Repo: The Genetic Opera! - 9/10

This was a limited release a few years back, and I just found it last week...absolutely epic!
    Anthony Head (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) has the lead role in this rock opera, and he nails it. If you've ever seen the musical episode of Buffy, you know he's a good singer but this stuff blows it out of the water! (Excuse me while I get all my fan-girling out...)

My only complaint that keeps me from rating this 10/10 is that the songs tend to repeat a bit in style, and without a whole lot of lyric originality. The singing was so good that I could mostly look past it, but every so often during a song it just grated on my nerves ever-so-slightly...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Last Samurai
    8/10
    I would give it a 9 if it was even close to being historically accurate.

Incidently, films I would give a 10 (right of the top of my brain):
    Star Wars
    Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    Seven Samurai
    Yojimbo
    Sanjuro
    High and Low
    Spirited Away (you can tell I like Japanese movies can'tcha)
    Hidalgo (watching it right now in fact)
    12 Angry Men (the original version)

and that's just off the top of my head.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Trick R' Treat- 10/10
    I'm with you on that one, my friend! Trick 'r Treat is among a very select few movies I would grant a 10/10.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had Trick R' Treat on my queue for a while, but I haven't gotten around to it. I need to watch it soon !

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post

Zombieland 5/10
    What was wrong with the first half of Zombieland? If you don't mind me asking.
    it just felt like it was going to be like every other teen movie out there, the best thing about it was woody! but then round about the half way mark it turned into a really good film

Edge of Darkness

7/10 a strange little film, but i loved the ending

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had Trick R' Treat on my queue for a while, but I haven't gotten around to it. I need to watch it soonimmediately!
    Fixed!

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 441 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast