Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 441 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not quite the same though.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

All joking aside...I didn't even read the post above mine before I posted. The Robin Hood reference just happened to be perfect timing.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Fantastic Mr. Fox 9/10
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hot Tub Time Machine -- 3.5 / 5 stars

Re: Errol Flynn movies. I went through about 8 on Netflix a few months ago. Really like that guy.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Robin Hood --> 7/10

The beginning of the movie is a very slow build-up, and you don't even begin to see a few of the Merry Men until around the middle of the film. Some of the characters' motives (and general reasons for being in the film) were fuzzy and unclear. The action, however, is very well done, and there are a few lines in there that will make any Robin Hood fan giggle. Halfway through, I was wanting the film to be over and done with; by the end, however, I was extremely satisfied. Because the film was inconsistent in its quality and storytelling from beginning to end, and because of a few poor directorial choices (and script choices- some of it is so cliché it hurts to watch), I would rate this movie as average (7/10). It's worth a rent, but not a trip to the movies.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Romanzo criminale - 9/10

Cracking gangster film - follows the typical plot points of this genre i.e the crew strting off, everything goes well, loads of excess, all goes wrong. But there is more to it than that, it has Italian political events in the background whic hmaybe lends a touch of allegory. It' pretty epic as well. The reason I didint give it more is because it does get a bit confused towards the end.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    Robin Hood --> 7/10

The beginning of the movie is a very slow build-up, and you don't even begin to see a few of the Merry Men until around the middle of the film. Some of the characters' motives (and general reasons for being in the film) were fuzzy and unclear. The action, however, is very well done, and there are a few lines in there that will make any Robin Hood fan giggle. Halfway through, I was wanting the film to be over and done with; by the end, however, I was extremely satisfied. Because the film was inconsistent in its quality and storytelling from beginning to end, and because of a few poor directorial choices (and script choices- some of it is so cliché it hurts to watch), I would rate this movie as average (7/10). It's worth a rent, but not a trip to the movies.

SS - Which version are you referring to? The new Crowe movie?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

What do you guys think about Prince of Persia?

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Just finished the Clint Eastwood western Unforgiven: 9/10; We should've gotten to see what happened to Morgan Freeman's character. That's what kept it from a perfect 10. I got it at a good price, too--just 5 bucks.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    SS - Which version are you referring to? The new Crowe movie?
    Yeah, I'm talking about the new one that's still in theaters.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally had time to watch it, as I have been very curious to see what all the hype was about.

I have to say that I started with low expectations due to the hype, (over-used in some cases) CGI, etc. Though it was not the best movie I've ever seen, I enjoyed watching it but couldn't help but think that it was, in part, just eye candy...tons of cool imagery, nice sets, and some pretty great action sequences. Aside from the "message" that Cameron so cleverly stuck in there, I felt that the film had no purpose. The character development was lacking and script wasn't as good as it should've/could've been. I would take character development over effects any day and think that that's really where the film went wrong...where was the character development? Lost in the CGI? I just didn't care about the Na'vi as much as I should've.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie. Nothing special, but I enjoyed it. Do I think that it deserves to be the #1 movie of all time? No.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Road - 9/10

I felt like they did a very good job of sticking to the source novel by McCarthy. Great film, very strong visually.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

I finally had time to watch it, as I have been very curious to see what all the hype was about.

I have to say that I started with low expectations due to the hype, (over-used in some cases) CGI, etc. Though it was not the best movie I've ever seen, I enjoyed watching it but couldn't help but think that it was, in part, just eye candy...tons of cool imagery, nice sets, and some pretty great action sequences. Aside from the "message" that Cameron so cleverly stuck in there, I felt that the film had no purpose. The character development was lacking and script wasn't as good as it should've/could've been. I would take character development over effects any day and think that that's really where the film went wrong...where was the character development? Lost in the CGI? I just didn't care about the Na'vi as much as I should've.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie. Nothing special, but I enjoyed it. Do I think that it deserves to be the #1 movie of all time? No.
    Avatar is one of those films that loses a LOT of the spectacle when it's tralsated to the small screen, which only shows the weakness of the story itself.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Sam;518431]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky;518389
    Anyway, I enjoyed the movie. Nothing special, but I enjoyed it. Do I think that it deserves to be the #1 movie of all time? No.[/quote

Avatar is one of those films that loses a LOT of the spectacle when it's tralsated to the small screen, which only shows the weakness of the story itself.
    Avatar is just Pocahontas with pretty CGI. As for it being the #1 grossing film of all time -- it isn't. When you adjust for ticket price inflation, it's actually #14, if I remember right.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

REPO! The Genetic Opera

(Before I go on, I feel like it would be unfair to give it a standard rating-- because it feels like it's in it's own seperate category--so I'm giving it two ratings.)

As a film: 4.5/10

As a piece of film art: 6.5/10

One of the most bizzare and yet oddly fascinating movies I've seen in awhile. It obviously wasn't supposed to be taken too seriously, so I enjoyed the comedic aspect of it along with the directing, lighting, etc.

I knew there would be singing but I don't think I expected for it to be 98% of the dialogue.

I'm glad I finally got around to seeing it; I liked it and was able to enjoy it for what it was.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Get Him to the Greek

I wanted it to be hilarious from beginning to end. It was rambling wild, insane, bold, raunchy..... and occasionally funny, but never came close to consistently funny.

I give it 3 beers on the RFSPRS (Randall Flagg Six Pack Rating System).

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tigerland 8/10

I thought I had seen every recent war film made, but I somehow missed Tigerland. I must say, I think it's kind of a hidden gem. You can tell while watching Tigerland that Collin Farrell was going to be a movie star.

He really is a great actor. I hope he continues to make the right choices. If you haven't seen this one, give it a try.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    REPO! The Genetic Opera

(Before I go on, I feel like it would be unfair to give it a standard rating-- because it feels like it's in it's own seperate category--so I'm giving it two ratings.)

As a film: 4.5/10

As a piece of film art: 6.5/10

One of the most bizzare and yet oddly fascinating movies I've seen in awhile. It obviously wasn't supposed to be taken too seriously, so I enjoyed the comedic aspect of it along with the directing, lighting, etc.

I knew there would be singing but I don't think I expected for it to be 98% of the dialogue.

I'm glad I finally got around to seeing it; I liked it and was able to enjoy it for what it was.
    I had enjoyed it a lot.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Tigerland 8/10

I thought I had seen every recent war film made, but I somehow missed Tigerland. I must say, I think it's kind of a hidden gem. You can tell while watching Tigerland that Collin Farrell was going to be a movie star.

He really is a great actor. I hope he continues to make the right choices. If you haven't seen this one, give it a try.
    Have you seen The Messenger?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No, not yet. I wanted to see it when it opened at a small theater near me, but it never worked out.

I've been meaning to rent it from Redbox, but I've just been so busy. I did notice that Netflix is now streaming it.

I can't wait to watch it because I'm a huge Ben Foster fan and I love Woody Harrelson too.

Have you seen it, Heather? Is it good?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Torrance is on a distinguished road Jack Torrance's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Shutter Island - 10/10
    I would agree. I love the twists and turns in that movie. It was the latest I have seen too.

I give a 10-10

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    No, not yet. I wanted to see it when it opened at a small theater near me, but it never worked out.

I've been meaning to rent it from Redbox, but I've just been so busy. I did notice that Netflix is now streaming it.

I can't wait to watch it because I'm a huge Ben Foster fan and I love Woody Harrelson too.

Have you seen it, Heather? Is it good?
    Nope not yet, but I've been wanting to. I haven't really heard much talk about it though, so I was curious if it was any good.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Charade - 7.5/10

Breakfast at Tiffany's - 10/10

One of my new favorite films. I loved it.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The Dunwhich Horror--a more recent take, maybe dated somewhere in 2006-2008

Verdict: This should NOT be a hard Lovecraft tale to adapt AT ALL. Yet this adaption takes place in modern times and features the Whatley family abducting human women to breed with Yog-Sothoth...so tentacle pron. YAY!

I can't even give this one a rating. The story itself is one of my favorites by Lovecraft. The movie was just bad. *headdesk*

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw The Road.

I give it the full four stars. About as flawless a flick as one can ask for. I have never seen a film stick so closely to the book it was based on, the acting and casting were first rate, the cinematography was perfect, everything was almost exactly how I imagined it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 441 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast