Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 441 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I fear that may be the future too, but I really hope theaters don't ever disappear. It's so different watching a film on the big screen surrounded by people vs seeing it on your tv at home.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It may come to pass that one day the movies will be simultaneously released in the theaters and online. Despite the general horribleness of current day movie-goers, I still enjoy seeing them on the big screen but some folks would gladly pay to watch from their homes on the day of release. This might help cut down on some of the illegal downloads but of course there will always be folks that download.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I fear that may be the future too, but I really hope theaters don't ever disappear. It's so different watching a film on the big screen surrounded by people vs seeing it on your tv at home.
    I completely agree. I don't care how great my setup is, there will never be anything like going to the movies. When you go to the movies, you're captive. There are less distractions (in theory) and you can just lose yourself. At home, you can get distracted way easier. I truly worry about them going away at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It may come to pass that one day the movies will be simultaneously released in the theaters and online. Despite the general horribleness of current day movie-goers, I still enjoy seeing it on the big screen but some folks would gladly pay to watch from their homes on the day of release. This might help cut down on some of the illegal downloads but of course there will always be folks that download.
    You're right, there will always be tech savvy people that download illegally. But torrenting films is something the average person isn't going to even try to do. Now, the jail broken Firestick is a different animal. When a co-worker asks if you want a hacked Firestick for 75 bucks and you really only have to plug and play, that's where things are going to go south really quickly.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I completely agree. I don't care how great my setup is, there will never be anything like going to the movies. When you go to the movies, you're captive. There are less distractions (in theory) and you can just lose yourself. At home, you can get distracted way easier. I truly worry about them going away at some point.
    I'm also a big fan of the cinema experience. It's why I've been absolutely loving Toronto, especially the Royal - there are so many classic and cult films that I've seen over the past year on the big screen, most recently The King of Comedy (for the record, I really enjoyed that. With its heavily delusional protagonist believing himself to be a brilliant comedian, it definitely influenced The Office I bet, or at least the original series). I just love the big screen experience. I don't think they'll ever go completely. At the very least, there'll always be a crowd for the people that want the big screen experience.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Nothing like a big screen experience. But the issue this year is with the quality of films guys not Kodi boxes, fucksticks, Netflix or downloading. Look at last summer... better films thus better income. That's it. Hopefully 18 will be stronger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Plant of the Apes did pedestrian box office numbers compared to what was projected. That was a great film and deserved better. Alien Covenant wasn't great, but that deserved better as well.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Annabelle: Creation review.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

See my review of IT on the IT thread..... needless to say favourite movie of the year for me.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hoping that this summer having the worst box office total in 11 years gets studio execs to realize people are growing tired of the same thing (superheros, sequels, prequels, reboots, though some were successful) and are ready for more original films.
    I can take robots and superheroes in small doses, but I get tired of seeing seemingly every month a NEW SUPERHERO! movie being advertised. I just have no real motivation to shell out my $$$ for another robot or superhero movie. I did, however, go see Baby Driver and Get Out and a few other "smaller" films.

I have no idea what a "firestick" is but I gather it allows you to watch movies at home. Where are people getting these movies? From downloaded camera-phone video? Don't tell me the studio itself is putting the movie on the Internet. If they do that, well, of course someone is going to download it. Duh.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave Made A Maze: Four out of Five

This movie is worth seeing for the set design alone. I've never seen anything like it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another solid review, Ricky. I've never see any of the Annabelle films, but I might just give them a chance one of these days.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mike. They're pretty solid spin-offs. The first one was a very pleasant surprise.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mike. They're pretty solid spin-offs. The first one was a very pleasant surprise.
    Yeah, I remember hearing good things. I enjoyed the first Conjuring, but then I got behind for some reason. I haven't seen the second Conjuring and as I mentioned, I haven't seen the Annabelle films. One of these days they will release a Blu-ray bundle that I will grab.

I will say I think Sandberg has talent. I thought Lights Out was nicely done. He and Flanagan are two of the better horror directors out there right now. Should be interesting to see what he does with Gerald's Game.

I'm also eager to see what Robert Eggers does next after The VVitch

Country
    Country Flag

That Annabelle and Conjuring is garbage.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

A man of few words. The first Conjuring is a solid film. I like the slow build up.

Country
    Country Flag

A man of few words. The first Conjuring is a solid film. I like the slow build up.
    Just was never a fan. Couldn't hold my attention. I find it silly they are making a franchise out of it too.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just was never a fan. Couldn't hold my attention. I find it silly they are making a franchise out of it too.

It made money. It doesn't matter if I love it or you hate it. As long as it makes money, they will continue to make more no matter what.

Country
    Country Flag

It made money. It doesn't matter if I love it or you hate it. As long as it makes money, they will continue to make more no matter what.
    I never said it didn't make money man. Just said it's garbage. Hey Transformers still makes money.... it's garbage too.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You said you find it silly that they are making a franchise out of it. I was just stating why they are making a franchise out of it.

Country
    Country Flag

You said you find it silly that they are making a franchise out of it. I was just stating why they are making a franchise out of it.
    Oh sorry, yeah makes sense
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I second that. The Conjuring sucked. Conjuring 2 sucked worse. didn't bother with Annabelle.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Baby Driver: Four out of Five.

The whole "movie synched up to music" thing takes a second to get acclimated to, but past that, it was a damn good movie. I don't think I've seen a better Jon Hamm role. Maybe The Town ... Anyway, good movie, make sure you see it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really enjoyed the first Conjuring. Thought it was a well made horror film. I just watched the second Conjuring not that long ago, but can honestly remember nothing about it, the only thing I do remember is not really caring for it. Watched the first Annabelle when that came out, and thought it was horrible. So I haven't had any desire to see the new one. Maybe I'll rent it when it comes out, seems like it's getting better reviews than the first, but I don't have high hopes for it. But honestly there's very few horror films released these days that I like. I feel like most cater to the teens and are just filled with jump scares and no real lasting horror, which is just not my thing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

wait, we're hating on the first Conjuring!? I thought that shit was dope.

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't a fan of The Conjuring. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't rave about it either. Definitely well made and good atmosphere, but the scares and story seemed too familiar for me. I really liked the second one though, especially because it featured more of the Warrens and really fleshed out their characters more. If The Conjuring was about the Perrons, The Conjuring 2 is about the Warrens.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 441 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 ... LastLast