Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 441 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 329 369 419 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Superfly:

Hard to imagine a high roller "gangsta" film being a yawner, but this is the one. One can only take a few shots of thugs throwing out (what would be if an accountant actually counted it) 3 or 4 thousand $100 bills, then complaining how they need to "get out".

Drug dealers clad in all white (including cars AND weapons) somehow stay below the radar in Atlanta.

The protagonists hairdo alone would get him noticed by anyone with a brain.

Terribly predictable, including the menage a trois shower scene with the two ladies who love him, her, and more importantly themselves, above all.

3/6 bottles of "Cristal" on the modified RFSRS.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Rifftrax: Space Mutiny

Excellent fun as always. I'm such a big fan of the guys and gals at Rifftrax that it's impossible for me to give them anything less than 4/4

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tag:

I really wanted this to be a great movie, but it was disappointing. Most of the funny bits were revealed in the trailers, leaving only one or two laugh out loud moments, and the movie took an odd turn near the end. Probably should have been cut by 10 minutes.

3.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Strange Ones

A dark, dark film loosely based on a real life case. The two leads give brave performances. The editing and cinematography are fantastic. Most people will not like this film because of the subject matter. Understandable but there is talent here and I am intrigued to see more from the filmmakers. (3/4)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredibles 2 was great, every bit as good, maybe even slightly better, than the original.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hereditary

A real slow burn as stated above. I have real thoughts on what I seen. And...

Spoiler:
    The movie is not about demons and the supernatural at all. That was just in their minds. It was about intense and all incompassing grief. The family proves that they already have a hereditary per-dispossion to mental illness and we see that right from the start. Compounded with such a BRUTAL way for a loved one AND a child no less to die... the grief and pain the family felt resonated with what we see on the screen. Did they all die? I do think they did and the son killed his parents. I believe he did to them what he did to his sister (even though that was an accident) . His mind could not take the extreme guilt and loss and it cracked his already weak mind. His mother was dead for some time (hence the flies and rotten nature of the body) and he did it. She was a hallucination that the other part of his mind made him think was dreaming or sleepwalking, etc. Brilliant.
    I don't subscribe to this theory, I do find it interesting though.

Spoiler:
    We see the father also interacting with the mother independently from the son. For that alone, I will have to disagree with your theory.

Great film though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Hereditary

A real slow burn as stated above. I have real thoughts on what I seen. And...

Spoiler:
    The movie is not about demons and the supernatural at all. That was just in their minds. It was about intense and all incompassing grief. The family proves that they already have a hereditary per-dispossion to mental illness and we see that right from the start. Compounded with such a BRUTAL way for a loved one AND a child no less to die... the grief and pain the family felt resonated with what we see on the screen. Did they all die? I do think they did and the son killed his parents. I believe he did to them what he did to his sister (even though that was an accident) . His mind could not take the extreme guilt and loss and it cracked his already weak mind. His mother was dead for some time (hence the flies and rotten nature of the body) and he did it. She was a hallucination that the other part of his mind made him think was dreaming or sleepwalking, etc. Brilliant.
    I don't subscribe to this theory, I do find it interesting though.

Spoiler:
    We see the father also interacting with the mother independently from the son. For that alone, I will have to disagree with your theory.

Great film though.

Spoiler:
    The body in the attic was the grandmother who had been dug up at the cemetery.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Finally got to the theater to watch Hereditary. I knew Toni Colette could act but holy shit. That was one of the best overall performances I’ve ever seen in a horror movie. During one her best scenes, which I thought was the best of its kind for any movie or genre, I thought here’s an example of when a movie is better than a book for telling a story.

Spoiler:
    The scene I’m taking about is right after she finds her decapitated daughter. She’s on the floor in hysterics while her husband’s trying to console her. The emotional reaction I had could never have been incited without an audible voice.

The movie itselft was great. Unique and original story. Great acting, of course. Definitely worth the price of admission. And only one jump scare!

8/10
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Finally got to the theater to watch Hereditary. I knew Toni Colette could act but holy shit. That was one of the best overall performances I’ve ever seen in a horror movie. During one her best scenes, which I thought was the best of its kind for any movie or genre, I thought here’s an example of when a movie is better than a book for telling a story.

Spoiler:
    The scene I’m taking about is right after she finds her decapitated daughter. She’s on the floor in hysterics while her husband’s trying to console her. The emotional reaction I had could never have been incited without an audible voice.

The movie itselft was great. Unique and original story. Great acting, of course. Definitely worth the price of admission. And only one jump scare!

8/10
    Did you read my spoiler thoughts above Adam? Please do and let me know what you think of them...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

American Animals:

Drama/documentary about 4 college students who are not only bored, but pretty stupid too. They decide (for no good reason) to steal priceless art books from their university. The movie uses actors to dramatize the events, but also cuts to the actual thieves for their opinions/versions of events. The four thieves actually did 7 years in prison for the theft. Starts out slow, and picks up a bit, but tedious nonetheless.

2.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

Spoiler:

8/10
    Did you read my spoiler thoughts above Adam? Please do and let me know what you think of them...
    Spoiler:
    I did. It’s an interesting outlook and although I can’t disprove it, I think there was just way too much detail around the implied storyline of the grandmother being a kind of Paimon priestess who’d been pursuing a suitable host for her king all her life, that it all did happen. Starting with her son who killed himself because she was trying to “put people inside of him,” her granddaughter who she loved the most, tried to feed from her own breast and wished was a boy, and then finally her grandson who her fellow priestess managed to wear down enough (who put that thing in the road right next to a phone line tower with Paimon’s sigil on it?) for Paimon to enter. And those are just a few of the details. One big detail which makes me think it really happened was the fact that Peter jumped out of a window at the end and got up, walked to the tree house, and climbed a fucking ladder. Paimon required his vessel to sacrifice himself before he could enter. I think the naked ghosts and his mom scared him enough to jump out of a window because they knew it would kill him. I think it did and that’s why Paimon was able to fully enter (the little ball of light enters him right then, remember?). Whatever was going on though, that ending kicked ass.

But hey you might be right, this movie is definitely one that requires a few sittings to really understand.

spoiler
    Last edited by Tommy; 09-25-2018 at 05:46 AM.

My Mood
    Chatty

Spoiler:
    Ohhh ok. I assumed ghost because of how Annie saw what I thought was her mother’s ghost right after the funeral. Those being real people is somehow even more creepy, haha.

Whoa I missed a lot of those. I’m not surprised though, I probably missed so much more than that. I really want to see it again in the theater.

Hey could a Mod fix my post so the spoiler stays a spoiler. I don't know what went wrong there. Thanks!

My Mood
    Chatty

The tag is “SPOILER” and you wrote “SPOIL” so all you need to do is edit I think

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not that, I think it was too many quotes within quotes within spoilers. Couldn't fix it as is, so just chopped off the multiquotes, sorry. Not really necessary in a linear discussion like this, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It's not that, I think it was too many quotes within quotes within spoilers. Couldn't fix it as is, so just chopped off the multiquotes, sorry. Not really necessary in a linear discussion like this, right?
    Thanks!

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I see, thanks for explaining. Just an FYI but Tommy’s post is still visible in the Tapatalk app. It’s hidden in a spoiler block when I look on a desktop or just in a browser, but not the app. Should I post this in the Technical Issues thread?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are all spoilers visible in Tapatalk?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hereditary

A slow (slow) burner that eventually builds to an almost unbearable horror-drenched crescendo. Full of amazing performances all around, the film works marvelously as both a visceral horror film and a psychological dissection of the home as a place of dread instead of sanctuary.

Film loses points for its loss of momentum during the second act, but that maddening third act full of dark twists and turns covers up many flaws. Incredible film.

8/10

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Are all spoilers visible in Tapatalk?
    No, just the one above I mentioned.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Full disclosure: I maybe watched five movies over the past four/five years due to becoming a father in 2014 and studying 25 hours a week while also working fulltime, being a husband and trying to have a social life. I was woefully out of touch with whatever came out over the past couple of years . So I sat down a couple of days ago, read this entire thread and wrote down all the movies that you guys liked. I still don't have much time to spend in front of the TV but I'm now trying to squeeze in at least one movie each week. So far I watched Arrival and Predestination and loved them both.

I don't expect to become an active contributor to this thread but I thought I should let you guys know that your work is being appreciated

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Strangers: Prey at Night last night and enjoyed it way more than I was expecting to. Its short runtime (excluding credits, it's about 80 minutes), poor reviews, short time in theaters, and ten years in production didn't really inspire confidence. But man, after a quick set-up/introduction to the main characters, the tension never lets up. The acting from the two kids (Lewis Pullman and Bailee Madison) was also especially great, both of them able to convey so much without dialogue. And the 80s score and soundtrack really worked for me. Among others, a scene at a motel pool featuring "Total Eclipse of the Heart" really stands out.

Does The Strangers: Prey at Night reinvent the horror genre? No. But what it does, it does incredibly well: breathless tension, suspense, and pacing, a compelling brother-sister relationship, and a killer soundtrack. If you're looking for a good ol'fashioned slasher movie, ignore the reviews and give it a shot.

The only thing is if they plan on making more (and I'm not so sure they will, based on critical response), I don't know how they will.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jurassic World.... POPCORN FUN!!! Man some of the scenes.... just unreal action and those Dbox sears shook so hard it just made the movie! Cheesy at times but worth it. 8/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 441 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 329 369 419 ... LastLast