Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 441 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed Ready Player One. I know it's only March, but I found the best quote of the year so far.

Spoiler:
    FUCKING CHUCKY!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Besides, The Last of Us deals with similar themes and puts this film in the ground.
    I don't think they deal with similar themes at all. I guess if you're comparing them as two, bleak post-apocalyptic stories, but both have totally different things to say and different ways of going about it.
    The mistrust of fellow man is a running theme in both It (nothing) Comes at Night (or any other part of the day) and The Last of Us.
    The 'it' that comes at Night is fear, anxiety, and paranoia, which is why the son can't sleep at night and spies on the new family and wanders around the house. It's not meant to be taken literally. That said, the key events which brings the film to its climax are things which do come at night. The mistrust of fellow man is a running theme in almost all apocalyptic stories, is it not? The Walking Dead, The Road, 28 Days Later, Children of Men, Carriers...all feature the running themes of mistrusting your fellow man, and other people being a danger, especially in any story that involves a contagion. Outside of mistrust, both are very different stories with much different outcomes.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Really, no Ready Player One viewers yet? I liked it a lot. And my friend two posts above hinted at MY personal favorite part of the movie, lol.

Oh, and P.S. without spoiling anything, if you're a member of this forum and community, you should go see the movie. VERY surprised.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Really, no Ready Player One viewers yet? I liked it a lot. And my friend two posts above hinted at MY personal favorite part of the movie, lol.

Oh, and P.S. without spoiling anything, if you're a member of this forum and community, you should go see the movie. VERY surprised.
    I agree.
    It’s the best movie I’ve seen in years. 10/10 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I think my previous post about the movie was lost, but boy did I love the movie. Honestly it may be better than the book. I liked most of the changes, though IOI didn't really feel as evil in the movie as it did in the book.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As I posted above, I really enjoyed Ready Player One. It's not the best movie I've seen in years or anything and, to me, it's not better than the book, but it really shows how amazing of a director Spielberg truly is.

Also, It Comes at Night < The VVitch

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

As I posted above, I really enjoyed Ready Player One. It's not the best movie I've seen in years or anything and, to me, it's not better than the book, but it really shows how amazing of a director Spielberg truly is.

I really like the book, in fact I'm listening to the audio version again right now on my commute, but it's really hard to like / feel sympathy for the main character in the book. The movie fixes a lot of that. Though the movie makes IOI feel less evil and the world seem in a better place than it is in the book.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

I really like the book, in fact I'm listening to the audio version again right now on my commute, but it's really hard to like / feel sympathy for the main character in the book. The movie fixes a lot of that. Though the movie makes IOI feel less evil and the world seem in a better place than it is in the book.
    Yeah, I would have liked for the film to show how the real world has essentially become a miserable place to live. It would have been nice for them to show how many people actually make their living IN the Oasis as opposed to the real world. Other than that, I thought they did a great job bringing it to the big screen.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the book. I hope the movie is oodles better:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Click bait video. Ready Player One is a really fun read.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Click bait video. Ready Player One is a really fun read.
    It's really not, it's a pretty in-depth (but harsh) critique of the source material.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed RPO but that nerd name dropping did grow a little tiresome at times. It's like Ok bro, got you, you're an uber nerd, let's move on.

This is coming from someone who considers himself an uber nerd.

I can totally understand why someone wouldn't like the book, it's hugely referential and it tells a story from a very narrow point of view, and doesn't really take into account any other types of world views than that of the protagonist and really the author. But I think that's fine. A story told in the way that this one is, which is a first hand recounting of the what happened to the main character, doesn't have to be all inclusive, and doesn't need to account for other types of world views and perspectives. Overall I really do think a lot of the hate for the book has really been "bandwagon" hate though. Seems like people only started hating it once it became a hit. Then it became the cool thing to hate on the internet.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Overall I really do think a lot of the hate for the book has really been "bandwagon" hate though. Seems like people only started hating it once it became a hit. Then it became the cool thing to hate on the internet.
    That's a bingo! This is my least favorite 20th century phenomenon.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have never been so stressed out at a movie theater. 1.5 hours of it. The FIRST movie ever that I did not finish my popcorn... it just felt wrong to crunch. 9/10 for A Quiet Place... brilliantly done. It was a relief for it to be over it is that intense... haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have never been so stressed out at a movie theater. 1.5 hours of it. The FIRST movie ever that I did not finish my popcorn... it just felt wrong to crunch. 9/10 for A Quiet Place... brilliantly done. It was a relief for it to be over it is that intense... haha
    Holy shit...

It must be good. He went all bold.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Blockers-Quite raunchy which is a welcome change from so many PG-13 comedies. Numerous laugh out loud moments, but does get a bit maudlin at the end.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A Quiet Place-Brilliant idea for a movie and excellent execution. Amazing that a movie with so few spoken lines can be so compelling. The actors really did a great job conveying their emotions. Several clever twists help kick things up a notch. The movie starts out tense and ratchets things up to INTENSE!
    5.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    A Quiet Place-Brilliant idea for a movie and excellent execution. Amazing that a movie with so few spoken lines can be so compelling. The actors really did a great job conveying their emotions. Several clever twists help kick things up a notch. The movie starts out tense and ratchets things up to INTENSE!
    Completely agree! What a fantastic moviegoing experience. I bet Paramount is kicking themselves for not retrofitting this script into a Cloverfield film instead of Paradox.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Completely agree! What a fantastic moviegoing experience. I bet Paramount is kicking themselves for not retrofitting this script into a Cloverfield film instead of Paradox.
    Ehh, it's fine. Not every film needs to be retrofitted into an existing universe. Some stories work better within a self contained universe.

I'm catching the film tomorrow evening. Hyped!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    For real? I was just kidding around. Paramount has to calm the fuck down with these Cloverfield films.

Like Feev said, not every film needs to be retrofitted. I'm so happy that A Quiet Place can stand alone. I will disagree with the writer of the article though. I would not mind a sequel or prequel at some point.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing the previews for this made me think of the book Bird Box by Josh Malerman. Has anyone read the book and watched this movie? Is seems like they are similar from the preview I saw.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Seeing the previews for this made me think of the book Bird Box by Josh Malerman. Has anyone read the book and watched this movie? Is seems like they are similar from the preview I saw.

Is the book good?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it. I haven't seen the movie so I'm not sure if they really are similar or if it just my take on the two. In regards to me stating they seem similar it is only on a generic level. I know nothing about the movie other than what is in the one preview I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Is the book good?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 441 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast