Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 441 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Never had a chance to see the movie IT in theaters. Just bought it on 4K and loved it 10/10. I ended up watching it twice. My wife was terrified the whole time.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Never had a chance to see the movie IT in theaters. Just bought it on 4K and loved it 10/10. I ended up watching it twice. My wife was terrified the whole time.
    I have seen it 8 times lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I have seen it 8 times lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I loved everything about it especially the kid's chemistry. Skarsgard was amazing! I like playing it quietly when I sleep. It helps me sleep, sort of .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Death Wish (2018)- 4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS. Small sample size however, the the audience I viewed the movie with came VERY close to giving it a standing ovation at the end.

As a remake it was utterly predictable with only modern updates (Cell phones, youtube etc.), yet enjoyable as Mom's apple pie.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

I loved everything about it especially the kid's chemistry. Skarsgard was amazing! I like playing it quietly when I sleep. It helps me sleep, sort of .
    ...the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Death Wish (2018)- 4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS. Small sample size however, the the audience I viewed the movie with came VERY close to giving it a standing ovation at the end.

As a remake it was utterly predictable with only modern updates (Cell phones, youtube etc.), yet enjoyable as Mom's apple pie.
    ...the double fuck?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When I saw Game Night last week, they should a trailer for Hurricane Heist. When the trailer was over, there was laughter and sporadic people commenting how bad the movie looked. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I wanted a refund for having had to sit through that trailer.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Netflix movie The Outsider with Jerod Leto. Leto joins the Yakuza........ A little more plot then this but still. I really enjoyed it and didn't think I would. 7/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I never, unless I know it's a movie I have no intention of seeing, watch the trailers. In fact, I deliberately came about 15 minutes late for HEIST, used the restroom even though I didn't have to, and STILL had to sit through 4 of them. And I never judge a movie by the trailer anyway (way back when I used to watch them). When I rent movies, I'll sometimes watch the trailers on them, if they are from movies I've never heard of. Some of them are so good I rent the movie, then find it's extremely disappointing. And some horrible trailers have great movies. I've said this before, but I'm irritated at the way everything is known about, whether books or movies, to such an extent there are absolutely no surprises when one finally gets to seeing or reading them. I like to go in fresh, and make up my own mind about the product without having already pre-judged and either decided I like it or hate it beforehand.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it - unless I change my mind of course.

I remember back when I used to work for a living I was talking to a guy up in the building's office, and said I was going to go see WAR OF THE ROSES the next day. He said, "Ah, they both die in the end." It's been 29 years and I still haven't forgiven him.
    Forget the trailer. I read the premise and I knew it was going to be a turd. That and the fact it features a C level cast, which might be too kind. Then you look at the director Rob Cohen and realize he pretty much has made a career out of making terrible films like Stealth, Daylight, xXx, Alex Cross and probably more I'm forgetting and this one turned into a really easy pass for me.

A film like this will make millions and Annihilation is already out of most theaters. That's all you need to know about the mainstream audience right now.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching The Snowman. Not great, not too bad either. I have heard good things about Joe Nesbo's books, for which this one is based off of. This seems like an average treatment of what was probably a pretty good serial killer book. 6.5/10

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

A film like this will make millions and Annihilation is already out of most theaters. That's all you need to know about the mainstream audience right now.
    The mainstream audience just keeps getting worse and worse. Though, as a silver lining, there has been a growing base of support for most smaller films. It's still not big, but a large base supporting small films would at least keep that market going.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Just finished watching The Snowman. Not great, not too bad either. I have heard good things about Joe Nesbo's books, for which this one is based off of. This seems like an average treatment of what was probably a pretty good serial killer book. 6.5/10
    I mentioned this a couple pages back. The book was light years better then the movie and I wish I never saw the movie. Terrible adaptation.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I mentioned this a couple pages back. The book was light years better then the movie and I wish I never saw the movie. Terrible adaptation.
    Have you read other Nesbo books? If so, which ones do you recommend?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoroughbreds: Very dark comedy involving two dysfunctional teen girls who live in (what most people would consider) opulence in Connecticut. A plan is hatched to murder one of the girl's (Lily) stepfather. Numerous long uninterrupted takes, often with the actors not even speaking, sometime not even blinking. I got the feeling the filmmakers literally wanted to see who would blink first-one of the actor's, or the viewer.
    It moves at a languid pace so it may not appeal to action seekers. I enjoyed it.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Ex Machina last night, and loved it. The notion of the Turing Test is an interesting one. Just how would one determine if AI truly existed or if is just the result of a master programmer, but as one character points out, aren't we all the product of programming? A real slow burn, with noir touches, that comes to a really satisfying climax. This one will resonate with me for a long time. Funny to think that this was released only weeks before Avengers: Age of Ultron. 9.5/10

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Red Sparrow yesterday. Definitely easier to follow than Atomic Blonde, but still a little too many double crosses and questions about who was with who and who wanted what for my taste. Overall, it was really well directed, shot, and edited, which prevented it from ever being boring; great acting all around (Jennifer Lawrence really disappeared into her character and I liked her much better here than in mother!); quite a few scenes with intensity (physical and psychological) that Francis Lawrence really let breathe, which was welcome. Aside from some of the hard to follow "spy stuff," my main dislikes were that there could've been more character development and I wish there had been a bigger climax and a tad more action. A solid film. I'd probably give it an 8/10.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Have you read other Nesbo books? If so, which ones do you recommend?
    Some. The main character from The Snowman," Harry Hole, anything tied to him. I think there are 11 books in Harry's crime series.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thoroughbreds: Very dark comedy involving two dysfunctional teen girls who live in (what most people would consider) opulence in Connecticut. A plan is hatched to murder one of the girl's (Lily) stepfather. Numerous long uninterrupted takes, often with the actors not even speaking, sometime not even blinking. I got the feeling the filmmakers literally wanted to see who would blink first-one of the actor's, or the viewer.
    It moves at a languid pace so it may not appeal to action seekers. I enjoyed it.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    I'm hoping to see this one before it leaves theaters. Anya Taylor-Joy is one of my favorite up-and-coming young actresses and I've also enjoyed Olivia Cooke in Bates Motel and I'm looking forward to seeing her performance in Ready Player One. I live in Connecticut and I'm well aware of the perception people have of those that live in Greenwich, so that might be interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Saw Red Sparrow yesterday. Definitely easier to follow than Atomic Blonde, but still a little too many double crosses and questions about who was with who and who wanted what for my taste. Overall, it was really well directed, shot, and edited, which prevented it from ever being boring; great acting all around (Jennifer Lawrence really disappeared into her character and I liked her much better here than in mother!); quite a few scenes with intensity (physical and psychological) that Francis Lawrence really let breathe, which was welcome. Aside from some of the hard to follow "spy stuff," my main dislikes were that there could've been more character development and I wish there had been a bigger climax and a tad more action. A solid film. I'd probably give it an 8/10.
    That's good to hear. I honestly have not heard a whole lot of good things about this one. It might have to be a rental for me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Annihilation

Will try and post thoughts later, but it was a solid 7.5/10. Creepy af man.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorites of the year so far.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Love, Simon (4/4)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched Justice League for the first time and was so disappointed. A few good moments, but overall, it's so visually dark, it's as if the are trying to hide the less than stellar cg effects. This movie reminded me why I love Marvel movies so much. I enjoyed the newest Infinity War trailer better than this entire movie. DC really blew it in the way they approached the whole concept. The stand alone Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg movies should have come first. I really enjoyed Flash - I wish he were the whole movie. 6/10 for me.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Unsane yesterday. Interesting concept to film an entire movie with an Iphone. The film was in a weird 1.54:1 aspect ratio. The phone created harsh glares and yellow orange tinges that (intentionally) gave it a harsh look.

A woman who has been the victim of a stalker seeks psychiatric help and unwittingly signs papers voluntarily committing herself for 24 hours. Things only get worse as she begins to (imagine?) see her stalker at the facility. Is it the stalker, or just her psychosis?

Tense and at some points unflinching in its violence.
    5/6 beers on the RFSRS. Note: 1 beer was added for the execution of filming on a phone.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Death of Stalin

Try though I might (I REALLY wanted it to be hilarious), only a few chuckles were to be found. 10,000 jokes-many that few would get, resulted in a handful of laughs.

3/6 on the RFSRS

Steve Buscemi

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Annihilation (4/4)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else stoked for A Quiet Place?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 441 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast