Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 441 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    New Godzilla.... I wanted to like it. But I cannot stand dark scenes that are clearly done that way to hide the CGI. Felt like I was watching the GOT Dragon fight him... only with three heads. It just wasn’t a good move. The monsters were ok... but it’s the first movie (we did IMAX) that I found too loud. I had a small headache from the constant bass. Won’t see another one of them. John Wick 3 is what you should be asking this weekend.... for the first time or second. 5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh shit. If there is a film that I would think is right up your alley, it's that one.

This is a bad sign and doesn't bode well for me liking it.
    Yeah man.... not good. NOW... this may surprise you but Booksmart is cute,
    Fun and a lotta laughs. Really enjoyed it. Wish it was doing better in the theatres.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose and I just got back from Brightburn. Loved the trailer, love the idea, but the movie was fucking weak. In addition to almost every beat in the movie being highlighted in the trailer, the whole thing was just lame. Although, the sequel idea hinted at near the end could be VERY interesting. So, we'll see.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Booksmart:

This movie flips the script on teen high school graduation angst by having the main characters be female, one of whom is gay. There are the usual coming of age tropes, but the writers did come up with a few original very funny ideas. Both actresses do a wonderful job in their roles. I expect to see them in many more movies.

4.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Booksmart:

This movie flips the script on teen high school graduation angst by having the main characters be female, one of whom is gay. There are the usual coming of age tropes, but the writers did come up with a few original very funny ideas. Both actresses do a wonderful job in their roles. I expect to see them in many more movies.

4.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS
    Agreed. I especially think Jonah Hill's sister has a bright future ahead. I've liked her in everything I've seen her in so far.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Deadwood Movie
    This has been my favorite show for years. Sad to see this as the final finale, but it was nice to get this and to see where the characters were 10 years later. The show picked up where it always was, a well written story with vulgarity thrown in with a touch of violence. I heard the creator has Alzheimer's now. Anyway, it had what every fan liked about the show and it was a great send off. 9/10.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Downloaded the Deadwood movie, then realized I haven't seen the show in almost a decade.

So now I'm halfway through the first season. Fantastic

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Downloaded the Deadwood movie, then realized I haven't seen the show in almost a decade.

Amazing show! The speech and tone is different in season two and three. Interesting. Did a re-watch also. First series I have EVER watched a second time. Now going to re-watch The Wire to decide which show is the BEST tv show of all time.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just seen Godzilla. Enjoyed it for what it was, a Godzilla movie. Big battles with big bad guys. They are always fun to me, even the old black & white ones. No they will never win oscars but they entertain. Looking forward to King Kong and Godzilla together in the next one.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Amazing show! The speech and tone is different in season two and three. Interesting. Did a re-watch also. First series I have EVER watched a second time. Now going to re-watch The Wire to decide which show is the BEST tv show of all time.

GOAT is Mad Men
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

GOAT is Mad Men
    Fuck! Good one!!! Cant argue with that one. Did you check out Matthew Weiner's The Romanoffs???

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GOAT is Mad Men
    Mad Men?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Deadwood movie was really good. One of my all time favorite shows. I have watched the series a few times and in a little bit I will watch it again. Just fantastic writing on that show.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently saw The Prodigy. It had one of those trailers where you think they've given away the entire thing, but in this case, they really hadn't; there were some significant departures from what I thought I was getting. Interesting story, not too predictable; whenever I thought I knew where it was about to go, it went somewhere else.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I recently saw The Prodigy. It had one of those trailers where you think they've given away the entire thing, but in this case, they really hadn't; there were some significant departures from what I thought I was getting. Interesting story, not too predictable; whenever I thought I knew where it was about to go, it went somewhere else.
    Great call, St.! Loved it too!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

GOAT is Mad Men
    Mad Men?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck! Good one!!! Cant argue with that one. Did you check out Matthew Weiner's The Romanoffs???

No, not yet. I still have to watch The Wire and Deadwood, among others. I've got HBO GO note so they're available to me for the first time.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure why John Wick 3 is getting all this high praise. I thought the first one was great and the second was good but not up to the same level, though certainly very cool in parts. But this third chapter is just diminishing returns. Nothing but protracted fights with little point and almost the same choreography every time (twist hand, kick face, shoot face, rise, repeat). This did not need to be over two hours. The videogame-like shootout in Casablanca was laughably bad. My friend and I saw this together, both huge fans of the original and he's a big action guy. We both felt it was tedious...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Agreed! I really liked it as well. Just enough twists to make it fresh. But man, I was questioning the mom's parental choices in the last third!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Not sure why John Wick 3 is getting all this high praise. I thought the first one was great and the second was good but not up to the same level, though certainly very cool in parts. But this third chapter is just diminishing returns. Nothing but protracted fights with little point and almost the same choreography every time (twist hand, kick face, shoot face, rise, repeat). This did not need to be over two hours. The videogame-like shootout in Casablanca was laughably bad. My friend and I saw this together, both huge fans of the original and he's a big action guy. We both felt it was tedious...
    No way. All the fight scenes felt different. The knife scene alone was worth the price of admission. The motorcycle scene was great. The Casablanca scene with the dogs was great. The end with the guys with better gear was great. I don't need much plot or story when it comes to the John Wick films.

Country
    Country Flag

No way. All the fight scenes felt different. The knife scene alone was worth the price of admission. The motorcycle scene was great. The Casablanca scene with the dogs was great. The end with the guys with better gear was great. I don't need much plot or story when it comes to the John Wick films.
    Yeah I with you. I haven’t met or talked to a person that didn’t fuckin love this movie.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I with you. I haven’t met or talked to a person that didn’t fuckin love this movie.
    I watched John Wick 2 twice and I kind of felt like Mae feels about 3. Some of the fight and shootout scenes felt repetitive, but I never felt that was the case while watching 3.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the first half of 3. Halle’s dogs and Keanu’s horse were straight up sick, but I did think it felt a little long overall. 2 is also my least fave. The knives at the beginning of 3 was a high point of the series for me

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

John Wick 3 > John Wick 2 > John Wick

LIGHT SPOILERS

John Wick 3 was positively amazing. I love the first two movies, but John Wick 3 can basically go on the Mount Rushmore of Action Movies along with Fury Road, Die Hard, and T2. That fucking cinematography man. It's so beautiful. Mad Max is a bad ass action film that is pure art, but it isn't a pure arthouse action film like John Wick 3. There isn't too often when it comes to action films I get excited about the sets, but the entire environment in these films, especially 2 and 3, is just so organic and fluid and is as much a player in every action scene as the actors. When Wick went after the Samurai/Ninja guys near the end...the use of glass and reflections, and how constantly people were just vanishing and appearing in ways that were so seamless and impressive that it was done to the point where in any other movie I'd be like 'come on, this wore out it's welcome!' but in John Wick 3, it never lost it's lustre (and I loved the literal video game 'defeat various levels to reach area boss' aspect to that fight. However, if there was any part of the film that felt to drag it was those fights, but they were also incredibly entertaining and it made sense because considering it's been what, 3 weeks since the first film started? Wick must be exhausted...long fights make sense by then. And the way in the stables the horses got involved. The way the dogs went in and out of the frame.

The comedic timing in the third movie too was just on point. Every joke landed at the exact right time. It was just brilliant in that regard.

I absolutely loved the super armoured guards which were a perfect counter to John Wick's love for headshots. And then when they found a counter to those things, my god was that awesome.

The action choreography is too good. That knife fight at the beginning was amazing. That first guy who walked through the door and took an instant headshot got off easy.

This movie was well made it made Halle Barre a total badass and I haven't given a literal fuck about anything Halle Barre has done in like 15 years. Not only did she nail the action stuff and seem as much a legitimate badass as Wick, I enjoyed her character as a whole.

A big ol' 10/10 from me. Actually, and 11. Wick finished off a fight with a deadly, double-arm belly-to-belly suplex and a mother fucking Angle Slam through a mother fucking glass floor.

Country
    Country Flag

John Wick 3 > John Wick 2 > John Wick

LIGHT SPOILERS

John Wick 3 was positively amazing. I love the first two movies, but John Wick 3 can basically go on the Mount Rushmore of Action Movies along with Fury Road, Die Hard, and T2. That fucking cinematography man. It's so beautiful. Mad Max is a bad ass action film that is pure art, but it isn't a pure arthouse action film like John Wick 3. There isn't too often when it comes to action films I get excited about the sets, but the entire environment in these films, especially 2 and 3, is just so organic and fluid and is as much a player in every action scene as the actors. When Wick went after the Samurai/Ninja guys near the end...the use of glass and reflections, and how constantly people were just vanishing and appearing in ways that were so seamless and impressive that it was done to the point where in any other movie I'd be like 'come on, this wore out it's welcome!' but in John Wick 3, it never lost it's lustre (and I loved the literal video game 'defeat various levels to reach area boss' aspect to that fight. However, if there was any part of the film that felt to drag it was those fights, but they were also incredibly entertaining and it made sense because considering it's been what, 3 weeks since the first film started? Wick must be exhausted...long fights make sense by then. And the way in the stables the horses got involved. The way the dogs went in and out of the frame.

The comedic timing in the third movie too was just on point. Every joke landed at the exact right time. It was just brilliant in that regard.

I absolutely loved the super armoured guards which were a perfect counter to John Wick's love for headshots. And then when they found a counter to those things, my god was that awesome.

The action choreography is too good. That knife fight at the beginning was amazing. That first guy who walked through the door and took an instant headshot got off easy.

This movie was well made it made Halle Barre a total badass and I haven't given a literal fuck about anything Halle Barre has done in like 15 years. Not only did she nail the action stuff and seem as much a legitimate badass as Wick, I enjoyed her character as a whole.

A big ol' 10/10 from me. Actually, and 11. Wick finished off a fight with a deadly, double-arm belly-to-belly suplex and a mother fucking Angle Slam through a mother fucking glass floor.

1000% agree with all this!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Dark Phoenix...
    What were the critics watching? We thought it was fun and had some great scenes. Yeah it’s not Endgame or even the equally as amazing Wick 3... but it was fun. Glad I got to see it un theatres. 7.5/10 for me

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 441 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 ... LastLast