Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 441 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the graphic novel, and I liked Kick-Ass well enough the first time, but I seem to enjoy it less and less with each subsequent viewing. I don't like how many things were changed in the transition from book to film.

Nicholas Cage was great though, I'll give him that. You can tell he was having a great time in that role and his performance elicited several laughs from myself and everyone else at the theater.
    Is it better than Scott Pilgrim, feev? I may be a huge fan of the movie (and the comics, of course), but I might just give Kick-Ass a serious look if I hear it's as good, at least.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lewton PI View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the graphic novel, and I liked Kick-Ass well enough the first time, but I seem to enjoy it less and less with each subsequent viewing. I don't like how many things were changed in the transition from book to film.

Nicholas Cage was great though, I'll give him that. You can tell he was having a great time in that role and his performance elicited several laughs from myself and everyone else at the theater.
    Is it better than Scott Pilgrim, feev? I may be a huge fan of the movie (and the comics, of course), but I might just give Kick-Ass a serious look if I hear it's as good, at least.
    They're really different films, but if I had to say which is better overall I'd say SPVTW. Kick-Ass loses a lot of it's power (namely the shock factor of a little girl throwing f-bombs in such an insouciant manner) during rewatches.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I heard they're very different films, with Kick-Ass being a lot more violent, from everything i've heard, but i thought the comparison was justified, considering both are comic adaptations.

Have you got round to reading the original Scott Pilgrim comics, btw? They're worth a look: the film stays pretty closely to the first 3 volumes, but it deviates from the final 3 considerably. I think it did well in condensing 6 whole volumes into 1 movie though, all things considered.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't really get that... I've heard people use the term "Comic Movie" before, but is there really any comparison between X-Men and From Hell?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, notsomuch that they're both comic book adaptations, but more that they're comic book adaptations that are also comedies. Better?

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure, sure... I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Just something I've wondered about. Maybe ought to get a new thread going.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry, if i sounded/read as rude in my last post, didn't intend to. I do agree that there's a shitload of comic movie comparisons that really can't be made, but if they're in at least a similar genre and intended for similar audiences, then some comparisons can be made.

Having said that, I still haven't seen Kick-Ass, which is something I do need to correct. Probably not before Scott Pilgrim comes out on dvd, but eventually. Checking out Casablanca's more important. Well, getting the Doctor Who series 5 boxset and then getting Casablanca's more important!

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Makes sense. I doubt you'd be totally dissatisfied. I have some idea that it won't be precisely your cup of tea, but then, again, I'm still surprised that candy liked it so much. Pretty Hollywood; the movie, at least, depends on a clichéd form of psuedo-realism, and I felt that it played down to its audience a little. It's lighthearted, but really less a comedy than mindless action for thrillseekers.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kick-ass is a lot of fun.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It was quite different than I expected, but enjoyable. I think I'll actually watch it again soon!

K-Pax 8/10 stars (damn 10 is a lot of stars!)

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lewton PI View Post
    Sorry, if i sounded/read as rude in my last post, didn't intend to. I do agree that there's a shitload of comic movie comparisons that really can't be made, but if they're in at least a similar genre and intended for similar audiences, then some comparisons can be made.

Having said that, I still haven't seen Kick-Ass, which is something I do need to correct. Probably not before Scott Pilgrim comes out on dvd, but eventually. Checking out Casablanca's more important. Well, getting the Doctor Who series 5 boxset and then getting Casablanca's more important!

I almost forgot about Scott Pilgrim! I need to check when its out on Netflix

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

First viewing ? Yes. Subsequent viewings ? Not so much.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Makes sense. I doubt you'd be totally dissatisfied. I have some idea that it won't be precisely your cup of tea, but then, again, I'm still surprised that candy liked it so much. Pretty Hollywood; the movie, at least, depends on a clichéd form of psuedo-realism, and I felt that it played down to its audience a little. It's lighthearted, but really less a comedy than mindless action for thrillseekers.
    Hey it surprised me too!!

I think the main thing was as Still Servant says it was fun, and i didnt expect that. I loved the little girl and the way she was with the whole swearing, which i actually thought would annoy me but really didn't.

First viewing ? Yes. Subsequent viewings ? Not so much.
    See, now i dont want to watch it again!! As i dont want to not like it

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure I'll enjoy it a fair bit anyway. Perhaps not as much fun for me as Scott Pilgrim was (which should tell you about my taste in film when I tell you I saw it twice at the cinema, whereas I only saw Inception once, but it was a good once), but it looks fun, at least.

- Melike

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Walking with Cavemen

Excellent documentary, very good. If you have Netflix I highly recommend checking it out.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I saw that on the Discovery Channel a few years back. Was it 2 hours?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Apocalypto - 9/10

The title makes plenty of sense considering what happens at the end. Gibson did a great job filming it. I'm sure it was anti-semetic in someway. Maybe the ships were full of jews or something haha. I kid I kid,.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Eagan View Post
    Apocalypto - 9/10

The title makes plenty of sense considering what happens at the end. Gibson did a great job filming it. I'm sure it was anti-semetic in someway. Maybe the ships were full of jews or something haha. I kid I kid,.
    Ugh even just hearing the name of it makes me want to burst into tears. I am a worse person for having seen that movie and even hearing its name makes me sick.
    0/10 (IMHO)

Basically kill it with fire

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you elaborate please ? It's not my favorite movie in the world, but it's not entirely devoid of merit. If anything, visually - it's an amazing film.

Why the 0 rating ?

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Unnecessarily bloody and they kill off everyone. Its so bleak and yeah the ending is a "happy" ending, but its just pulling on every emotional thread it can. The scene where the little girl says all the kids are hers now KILLS ME I'm tearing up now just typing about it. Partially because my daughter is half Peruvian and she reminds me of her.

I just feel like the whole movie was unnecessary, kind of like The Passion of the Christ and not because of any religious reasons. Its just a movie about him being beaten. Great.

Not that I hold it against anybody for liking such movies, really and truly to each his own. But there was just something about Apocolypto that tore a gaping wound in my soul (if I hadnt already sold it, that is)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't agree with the notion that it's an unnecessary film, but I respect your opinion.

And I think you mean a relatively happy ending, as the landing of the Spanish Conquistadores is synonymous with the destruction of the Mayan, the Aztecs etc.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I give it 5 stars.

edit: The last movie I saw, not what you guys were talking about.
    Last edited by SpaceMaN; 10-26-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: clarification, duh.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Michael Rooker is so underappreciated.
    3.5/5
    I lurk, therefore I am.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

What movie Aaron?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Michael Rooker is so underappreciated.
    3.5/5
    I loved him in JFK. Maybe he'll get on the radar again with The Walking Dead.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 441 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast