Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 441 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, that's disappointing. I can't say I'm either shocked or not shocked, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The Amazing Spider Man -

It's not that it was a bad film, it just wasn't a great film.

Despite the studio claims of this being "the untold story of Spider Man!" this is still very much the same story. Peter Parker is still an awkward outcast, he is still bullied/ends up bullying Flash Thompson, his Uncle is still killed immediately after a irresponsible decision on behalf of Parker, etc,. I think this is the film's biggest fault - we saw all of this already in the 2002 original - so very little of this feels fresh or original. It feels like more a set up for the inevitable sequel than anything else.

Andrew Garfield is very hit or miss as Parker/SM. He's sometimes able to pull off witty, sardonic nature of Spider Man, but as Parker his moping and sulking come dangerously close to emo. Emma Stone is decent as love interest Gwen Stacey, but their relationship feels forced and rushed. Rhys Ifans is also acceptable as Dr. Connors/The Lizard, but the CGI was ... horrible. I have a tough time believing that such crappy CGI would come from such a highly financed film.

The film does have redeeming qualities. Some of the action sequences and the moments that set them up were very creative and inventive. The fight scenes do tend to drag on at times, but they're usually peppered with a moment or two of brilliance that keep from overstaying their welcome. Martin Sheen was a much better Ben Parker, and his prolonged screen time compared to his 2002 counterpart make his surrogate-father relationship with Peter feel much more organic.

I'd recommend waiting for the dvd/bluray on this one.

6.5/10
    I saw it today in Imax 3D, and I thought the standard effects and 3D effects were first rate, and of course the sound was great.
    As for the actual movie, I agree with your analysis, and couldn't compose a better one for I'll just say "ditto'.
    I give it 4 beers on the 6 pack rating system.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I just saw Outlander, which my brother recommended. It had everything I could hope for in a lazy afternoon movie: Vikings, dragons, aliens... good stuff! I'll give it a 5/5 because it was better than the B movie I thought it would be.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I liked THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN in 3D a lot. That's all I have to say....except,
    I liked SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD a lot too, that's it!...except,
    I liked MOONRISE KINGDOM (with reservations), no more, well, except...
    I liked PEOPLE LIKE US, it had a good ending. well, I'm gone, uhm, except...
    I liked THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL, even though I thought I wouldn't. Ok, I'm outta here, but...
    I was a bit dissapointed in ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER in 3D, and also a bit dissapointed in BRAVE in 3D, although I enjoyed the animation and now that I think about it I liked it.
    I also really liked MEN IN BLACK 3 in 3D a lot, even though I don't care for the first two. I quit!, except...
    I really enjoyed DARK SHADOWS, so sue me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sued.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Finally saw Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. 5/5
    Why? Because when a movie delivers more than what I expect of it, it deserves the credit.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

GoS was very good, but god knows what you'd give Sherlock series 2 finale The Reichenbach Fall. Absolutely mindblowing, that.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

just saw Moonrise Kingdom last night. I give it a 9/10. Visually, it was stunning. the characters were great. my only reservation is there
    was a little missing in "back story". I wanted more...
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgot to mention the in SM, when the library was destoyed, there was a quick closeup of a book on the floor. It was a Stephen King book. They only showed the spine, but it looked like "Desperation" to me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Finally saw Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. 5/5
    Why? Because when a movie delivers more than what I expect of it, it deserves the credit.
    I haven't seen either of the Sherlock films. I should probably get on that.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not as much as watching series 2 of Sherlock first. The Reichenbach Fall = best. Finale. Ever.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not on Netflix instant play yet. Stupid Netflix.

... No, I'm sorry Netflix! I didn't mean it baby.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Ted yesterday. Raunchy, crude, and mildly funny. I give it 3/6 beers on the six pack rating system.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Only 3/6? That's not so great, lol. I gave it a 4/5, I laughed heartily.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I laughed, but mostly chuckles. It was rarely hilarious-except perhaps the Boston women orgasms.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does it have Family Guy style 'flashbacks' ?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd have to ask my son. He's the Family Guy lover, and he saw the movie with me. He rather enjoyed the movie.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I can best describe it as a live-action, R-rated Family Guy. I don't remember any cutaway gags though ...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Flowers Of War
    Shannon (first-time viewer): 5/5

I was checking out Christian Bale's imdb.com profile and saw that he was starring in this movie ... a Chinese movie (with an all-Chinese cast, other than him) that I've never heard of. Didn't watch a trailer, didn't know anything about it. Downloaded it, watched it. What a beautiful, sad movie. It's about the "Rape Of Nanking", something which I didn't know anything about until just now. After watching the movie, I did some research on the subject. Unbelievable evil event in mankind's history. Some of what I've read about it makes Hitler's Nazis seem nice.

The movie was great. A little long, and actually a little too brutal at times in my opinion (rape, violence), but Christian Bale was great and the movie made me sad, frustrated, angry. I highly recommend it.

EDIT: Two different synopsis from imdb:

1) A Westerner finds refuge with a group of women in a church during Japan's rape of Nanking in 1937. Posing as a priest, he attempts to lead the women to safety.

2) In 1937 China, during the second Sino-Japanese war, a mortician, John (Christian Bale) arrives at a Catholic church in Nanjing to prepare a priest for burial. Upon arrival he finds himself the lone adult among a group of convent girl students and prostitutes from a nearby brothel. When he finds himself in the unwanted position of protector of both groups from the horrors of the invading Japanese army, he discovers the meaning of sacrifice and honor.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Started the remake of 'The Crazies'. Very competently directed and put together. Finishing it tomorrow.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Inspired

The guy who is held in the cell at the beginning of the movie is my friend! He also starred in the movie we worked on, Bereavement. Bias aside, I do think the remake has more "story" to it than the original. Plus, I think enough time has passed and the original wasn't quite "iconic". When movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre are remade, I want to vomit.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

stander.

thomas jane movie about a south african cop who goes bank robber. pretty good, jane did a better job than i expected.

based on actual events, pretty neat.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The Flowers Of War
    Shannon (first-time viewer): 5/5

I was checking out Christian Bale's imdb.com profile and saw that he was starring in this movie ... a Chinese movie (with an all-Chinese cast, other than him) that I've never heard of. Didn't watch a trailer, didn't know anything about it. Downloaded it, watched it. What a beautiful, sad movie. It's about the "Rape Of Nanking", something which I didn't know anything about until just now. After watching the movie, I did some research on the subject. Unbelievable evil event in mankind's history. Some of what I've read about it makes Hitler's Nazis seem nice.

The movie was great. A little long, and actually a little too brutal at times in my opinion (rape, violence), but Christian Bale was great and the movie made me sad, frustrated, angry. I highly recommend it.

EDIT: Two different synopsis from imdb:

1) A Westerner finds refuge with a group of women in a church during Japan's rape of Nanking in 1937. Posing as a priest, he attempts to lead the women to safety.

2) In 1937 China, during the second Sino-Japanese war, a mortician, John (Christian Bale) arrives at a Catholic church in Nanjing to prepare a priest for burial. Upon arrival he finds himself the lone adult among a group of convent girl students and prostitutes from a nearby brothel. When he finds himself in the unwanted position of protector of both groups from the horrors of the invading Japanese army, he discovers the meaning of sacrifice and honor.
    I've never seen the movie, but I've read quite a bit about the subject. Seriously horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    The guy who is held in the cell at the beginning of the movie is my friend! He also starred in the movie we worked on, Bereavement. Bias aside, I do think the remake has more "story" to it than the original. Plus, I think enough time has passed and the original wasn't quite "iconic". When movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre are remade, I want to vomit.
    ...and I want to go on a killing spree when I see movies like that remade.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Texas Chainsaw remake was damn good. Ya'll is some crazy peeps!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The Texas Chainsaw remake was damn good. Ya'll is some crazy peeps!
    You had to say this. I have wonderfully bad memories of watching the original on some sort of square record sized thing (like vhs but different...laser disc maybe?) at my friends house. Creepy as hell and has stuck with me for the last 20-25 years or so. Now I have to find a time to watch the remake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 441 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast