Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 366 of 441 FirstFirst ... 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 ... LastLast
Results 9,126 to 9,150 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I felt the same way. Any recommendations for a good who done it plot twist film? That was my only complaint about this as well.

Matchstick Men is a good one though not quite a whodunnit.
    Seen them all but Orphanage and is now on my list! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I felt the same way. Any recommendations for a good who done it plot twist film? That was my only complaint about this as well.

Matchstick Men is a good one though not quite a whodunnit.
    Seen them all but Orphanage and is now on my list! Thanks!

It's my favorite horror. Very atmospheric, great acting and story.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Knives Out is a solid flick. The kind of movie that relies on the acting to pull off and the cast did a remarkable job. The plot is intriguing, but not the most intriguing mystery film I've seen, but it has some fun with the tropes of the murder mystery genre. As I write this I went on IMDB to get the name of the central actress to see a video about Rian Johnson talking about the perfect plot twist and I will say there wasn't any twist in Knives Out that wasn't obvious at all or not too far off what I assumed. I think the major flaw of the film is it so bluntly highlights certain things that there really isn't much mystery and the final bits of the exposition are a little convoluted, but Craig is so entertaining during it that I forgave the film. It's hard for me to criticize a film harshly for being too structured in an age where the average film can't even be assed to half-ass structure.

If you're looking for a dense mystery full of twists and turns, Knives Out isn't it (though it may surprise you more than it did me), but if you want to see a fine ensemble chew the scenery and have fun for two hours, then Knives Out is it. That's why I went to see it, and I was satisfied with what I got.

4/5
    An oldie, but goodie - Deathtrap (Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve). I directed the play version about a decade back and the audience loved it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

At times it felt like The Retconning of Skywalker, such time does JJ and the film spend undoing the groundwork laid down by Johnson. As the foundation is upended and replaced, the film frantically begins to establish its own mythology with mixed results.

There's no denying it has its crowd pleasing moments, and many a great panoramic shots and eye catching battles, but fan service isn't enough to make this installment memorable. The twists and reveals aren't really earth shattering, and although there's no Death Star, JJ once again reaches into his tired bag of tricks for a 'orbiting weapon of mass destruction'.

With the trilogy now complete, I think Disney should use the hiatus to properly lay out the inevitable next trilogy and form a clear sense of direction before a single scene is shot.

3/5

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Lighthouse .... 2 hours of great acting BUT a ridiculous plot and silly premise. Just these two keepers fighting and arguing the whole time. 6.5/10. And should be lower but the actors saved it a bit here

Two keepers fighting and arguing?

Sometimes you have to look a little deeper into a film. What you see on the surface isn't usually the only thing a film has to offer. I'm not sure why you would have seen that one. I could have told you it wasn't going to be for you. Did you watch the trailer? A slow-paced, black and white film by the guy who directed The VVitch? That should have been a red flag.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    but fan service isn't enough to make this installment memorable
    Fan service seems to sum up the new trilogy. Lack of clear direction/arc for the most recent three is the same thing I'm reading in a lot of reviews.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I see You. Hmmmmm..... I got this flick on a member’s recommendation but alas... I did not feel the same way he did. 5/10

No way, boooooooooooooo! Lol what didn't you like about it?
    Waiting waiting!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm dying to see The Lighthouse.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Time

Decided to check this out to get me prepped for Uncut Gems. It's a kinetic, neon-filled nightmare that turns the most pedestrian of situations into unbearably-tense filled encounters. Unfortunately, it amounts to little as the film ultimately ends on a whimper. Still, the technical skills at the Sadie brothers' disposal help elevate the film and I'm excited to see how they keep progressing.

3.5/5

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's that time of year again. My Favorite Films of 2019!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yahoo! I'll give it a read later, Mike.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice list! Not surprised at the #1 but sad to not see The Farewell, which may be my #1 when I do my list.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Nice list! Not surprised at the #1 but sad to not see The Farewell, which may be my #1 when I do my list.
    Thank you! I have not seen The Farewell. That one might hit a little too close to home right now.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is part one of my hidden gems of the decade

https://matthewblivingston.wixsite.c...dden-gems-pt-1
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's that time of year again. My Favorite Films of 2019!
    The Lighthouse wasn't around long by me, but I'm eager to see it. Knives Out, too. I just got Spectre from Netflix, so either that or The Irishman, I think, is gonna be my first watch of the new year.

I also really enjoyed Crawl and Brightburn (which was much darker than I think I was expecting).

I missed Captive and I am Mother, though, and am saving Cold Pursuit for a snow day.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Uncut Gems:

I'm not a fan of intentionally shaky camera work, and frenetic claustrophobic cinematography. I understand that these methods were chosen to show the fast paced-in your face lifestyle Adam Sandler lives, but after over two hours I was a bit worn down. This story of a NYC jewelery dealer who is a gambling addict, a philanderer, a cheat, and a liar is of course like watching a train crash. One can't avert their eyes, but you know it's going to end badly.

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Uncut Gems:

I'm not a fan of intentionally shaky camera work, and frenetic claustrophobic cinematography. I understand that these methods were chosen to show the fast paced-in your face lifestyle Adam Sandler lives, but after over two hours I was a bit worn down. This story of a NYC jewelery dealer who is a gambling addict, a philanderer, a cheat, and a liar is of course like watching a train crash. One can't avert their eyes, but you know it's going to end badly.

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    For me, what stood out more than what you mentioned, was the sound. It was intentionally "busy" and it got annoying quickly. The scene with him on three telephone lines and the nightclub scene stand out as examples.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Uncut Gems:

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    For me, what stood out more than what you mentioned, was the sound. It was intentionally "busy" and it got annoying quickly. The scene with him on three telephone lines and the nightclub scene stand out as examples.
    A point I didn't bring up, but definitely correct.

All of those detriments made the movie a good movie, instead of a great movie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Uncut Gems:

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

It's the opposite for me. Those things enhanced the film for me.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uncut Gems:

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

It's the opposite for me. Those things enhanced the film for me.
    I have to agree. I thought it did as well for me.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Uncut Gems:

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    Good Time had the same issue. The blaring music made it difficult to concentrate on what they were saying sometimes and it got obnoxious pretty quickly.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If you guys like the noisy parts of Uncut Gems, when I get home I'll find some YouTube clips of tea kettles whistling, babies crying and nails on a chalkboard for you. You know, as a late Christmas present.

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got around to seeing Spectre last night. Overall, I really, really enjoyed it. The plot was easy to follow (yet not simplistic), fantastic opening (the whole first third of the film was fantastic, actually), great action sequences, score, humor, and I think this was the best Bond has been, both in Craig's acting and portrayal in addition to the character work. My only negatives would be a little bit of a lag in the middle and the villain not quite doing it for me (his explanation for doing what he did felt a little childish to me and he didn't quite feel as villainous as he should've. And his confrontation with
    Spoiler:
    Bond in the drill chair
    was a little too short and anticlimactic for me). I'd probably rate it a solid 8.5/10.

If I had to rank Craig's Bond films, I'd go:

4. Casino Royale (I know I'm in the minority here)
    3. Quantum of Solace
    2. Spectre
    1. Skyfall
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

If I had to rank Craig's Bond films, I'd go:

4. Casino Royale (I know I'm in the minority here)
    3. Quantum of Solace
    2. Spectre
    1. Skyfall

I'm going to need a bottle of Scotch here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 366 of 441 FirstFirst ... 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 ... LastLast