Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 441 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    WELL said on the grief thing. I felt that was the biggest part of Pet S when I read it back in the day. It was so missing here from the movie. Horror movies are all the same. I loved US and before that? IT was the last one I liked... I detest 80% of them.
    I know. I love horror movies, but I rarely go to see them in theaters these days. I even skip most of them once they hit dvd. They're just all the same. However there's a few gems in the mix. I really enjoyed US as well. Have you seen Hereditary yet? If not I'd highly recommend that. It's a slow burn, but that one actually flat out terrified me. It was so tense. And that's really hard to come by in horror films these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Free Solo 5/5 - Excellent movie. Definitely deserving of its Oscar win. It follows a climber who attempts to climb up El Capitan without ropes! Even though I knew the outcome this film was so intense and nerve wracking. I was so nervous to even watch parts of it.
    Exactly how I felt, too. I knew the ending (to a degree), but it was still so tense. I can't get over how he did that with no ropes. Some of those "handholds" he was using were like the size of pebbles!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Pet Semetary - Well I wasn't expecting to like this one so I guess I'm not really disappointed. I didn't really care for it at all. They changed a lot and I feel like the main theme of the book, dealing with grief and the loss of loved ones really seemed to be missing from this one. It felt like just another forgettable generic horror film that's been getting put out these days. Also like RF mentioned I'm so confused as to why they spoiled a key thing in the trailer because it was filmed in such a way as it was meant to shock you, but there was no shock because you already knew it happened. Leads me to further believe that they should only release teaser trailers because they typically give away way too much.
    Oh man. Bummer. You pretty much included all my fears about what this movie would be. I'm going to lower my expectations ever further now.
    Yes, my expectations were fairly low. But then I started hearing good things so I thought it might be better than I was anticipating, but sadly I wasn't a fan. Maybe you'll enjoy it more than me though.

As for Alex, I still can't even understand how that's even possible to do. He's like a real life spider man
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Last movie - Pet Sematary - I've had a week to reflect on this now...I give it a C+. The "big change" really didn't detract from the movie or story ( to ME. Maybe it was the whiskey sours though). In the end it was nothing to write home about
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shazam:

Viewed in XD.

Cute and mildly amusing story and performances. I must say that I'm suffering a bit of superhero fatigue. Endless battles, and the introduction of new superheroes is approaching the ridiculous.

3.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Marwen- It was ok but very strange, Carrolls' cup of tea in most movies he in in. Not for everyone but I have seen worse (Birdman). 2/6
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Light It Up. 5/5

Came out about twenty years ago (wow) but it never really approached my radar. Put it on a few nights ago before I went to bed and wow. Just wow. Fantastic movie. If you're a fan of Dangerous Minds, The Principal, and the tv show Boston Public, check this movie out. Don't read a synopsis, don't look at the cast list (pleasantly surprised with a bunch of familiar actors), just go into it blind.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Marwen- It was ok but very strange, Carrolls' cup of tea in most movies he in in. Not for everyone but I have seen worse (Birdman). 2/6
    You're saying you enjoyed Welcome to Marwen more than Birdman?

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I hated Birdman more than About Schmidt
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just the way most scenes were shot in Birdman should make most people appreciate the movie.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, story was really bad. Two hours of my life lost on bad writing and good camera work
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Just the way most scenes were shot in Birdman should make most people appreciate the movie.
    I loved the movie. Technical aspects were superior, and the story and acting were also great.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Birdman is a technical wonder, and while I enjoyed it immensely I could see why some people wouldn't.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I hated Birdman more than About Schmidt
    Wait wait wait wait.... You hated About Schmidt? :O That's possible?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I could tell from the trailer Pet Semetary would suck and the themes of the book would be lost. Then it seems like they added more crap to it. And then the trailer showed it's Achilles Heel. Sad!

Instead of seeing Pet Semetary, I'm going to see Howl's Moving Castle instead.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A nude scene with Kathy Bates and Jack Nicholson, should have had a warning on the screen beforehand
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I could tell from the trailer Pet Semetary would suck and the themes of the book would be lost. Then it seems like they added more crap to it. And then the trailer showed it's Achilles Heel. Sad!

Instead of seeing Pet Semetary, I'm going to see Howl's Moving Castle instead.
    Good choice. It was playing in theaters here the other week but I didn't get a chance to go
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A nude scene with Kathy Bates and Jack Nicholson, should have had a warning on the screen beforehand

That's one of the best parts of the movie!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Echoing Jerome, Rose and I saw Shazam! an hour or so ago, and while I laughed and found the numerous parts numerous, any and all "straight" parts just weren't that good. Like ... did the forgettable bad guy even have a name besides Thaddeus? Lol

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which is a sad statement about the quality of the movie. I am with Garrell on this because that movie bored the hell out of me. The only thing I actually remember of it is the nude scene because at least that was surprising.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Echoing Jerome, Rose and I saw Shazam! an hour or so ago, and while I laughed and found the numerous parts numerous, any and all "straight" parts just weren't that good. Like ... did the forgettable bad guy even have a name besides Thaddeus? Lol
    I like Mark Strong in everything.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Funny as it actually was, and horrific at the same time. It still gives me nightmares.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I like Mark Strong in everything.
    As do I, but I meant his codename. Just looked it up, apparently his name was Doctor Sivana

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Aquaman

I am amazed, freaking AMAZED that this film grossed over a billion dollars at the box office. This might be the worst comic book movie I've ever seen. It is almost insultingly bad. Nothing works here. Not the acting, the cheesy ham fisted dialogue, special effects. Only reason I finished it is because I paid $3.99 to rent it lol. Wow, just wow.

1/5

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Aquaman

I am amazed, freaking AMAZED that this film grossed over a billion dollars at the box office. This might be the worst comic book movie I've ever seen. It is almost insultingly bad. Nothing works here. Not the acting, the cheesy ham fisted dialogue, special effects. Only reason I finished it is because I paid $3.99 to rent it lol. Wow, just wow.

1/5
    1/5? Come on man. Lol you should have seen in the theatre. It was fun on the big screen!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm livid at having paid money for this turd fest. It's fucking God awful.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hm I thought Aquaman was a lot of fun. The chase scene alone was worth it. Or that Nicole Kidman fight sequence. Lots of cool moments, like Aquaman riding a seahorse just like on Superfriends. Not as good as Wonder Woman or Shazam, but very good still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 441 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 ... LastLast