+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 322 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 8032

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Has anyone here viewed "Hereditary"?
    Watched it Saturday morning. I don't post many reviews but thought it was a better than average film with great acting from the female lead.

Edit: I should add that they did an awesome job with ramping up the suspense throughout the whole movie. The ending was cool and there was one scene (when they were eating dinner) that I thought was outstanding.
    What do you like better: this or a Quiet Place? RF, like to hear your opinion too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I rated both 5.5/6 beers. I'm going to let you decide which you prefer.

OK I won't puss out and not make a decision

Can Toi Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy's Avatar

I did and it's exquisite. A slow, harsh, bitter burn that I love to see in films sometimes. It's a totally different experience from A Quiet Place.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave my opinion in the movie list thread.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hotel Artemis:

Another GREAT "B-movie". Never to win an best picture, the film delivers on the entertainment quotient. There may be some deja vu from those who viewed the Jonathan Wick films, but I never felt it was plagiarism (which in film is done all of the time). Jodie Foster throws it all out there; either not allowing favorable lighting and makeup, or using them to make her look like the broken agoraphobic physician she has become.

Dave Bautista is her "Orderly" in a role tailor made for him.

Jeff Goldman shows up in the 3rd reel, and does his normal great job of being himself.

4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Raised to Give Up Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to Hereditary, Hotel Artemis, and Jurassic World. June's gonna be a busy movie month. I saw Solo on Saturday, which I had a great time with. Much better than I was expecting it to be. And my cousin loved it too.
    Reilly: "Hey, George, the ocean called. They're running out of shrimp."

George: "Oh, yeah, Reilly? Well, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"

Demon of the Prim DoctorZaius is a jewel in the rough DoctorZaius is a jewel in the rough DoctorZaius is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally say Dead Pool 2. Really enjoyed it. Not as good as the original, but lived up to expectations. Loved the extra credit stuff and the many wink-wink Marvel moments. 8/10
    WANTED:
    Drawing of the Three #255
    Gunslinger #255
    Charlie the Choo Choo - #255
    Colorado Kid #33 - I have Miller #33, looking to match with the other two

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ocean's 8:

Entertaining, and wonderful costume design. Actresses pretty much play themselves. I most enjoyed Awkwafina's performance. The plot (theft plan) has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hereditary

A real slow burn as stated above. I have real thoughts on what I seen. And...

Spoiler:
    The movie is not about demons and the supernatural at all. That was just in their minds. It was about intense and all incompassing grief. The family proves that they already have a hereditary per-dispossion to mental illness and we see that right from the start. Compounded with such a BRUTAL way for a loved one AND a child no less to die... the grief and pain the family felt resonated with what we see on the screen. Did they all die? I do think they did and the son killed his parents. I believe he did to them what he did to his sister (even though that was an accident) . His mind could not take the extreme guilt and loss and it cracked his already weak mind. His mother was dead for some time (hence the flies and rotten nature of the body) and he did it. She was a hallucination that the other part of his mind made him think was dreaming or sleepwalking, etc. Brilliant.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy's Avatar

Hereditary

Spoiler:
    The movie is not about demons and the supernatural at all. That was just in their minds. It was about intense and all incompassing grief. The family proves that they already have a hereditary per-dispossion to mental illness and we see that right from the start. Compounded with such a BRUTAL way for a loved one AND a child no less to die... the grief and pain the family felt resonated with what we see on the screen. Did they all die? I do think they did and the son killed his parents. I believe he did to them what he did to his sister (even though that was an accident) . His mind could not take the extreme guilt and loss and it cracked his already weak mind. His mother was dead for some time (hence the flies and rotten nature of the body) and he did it. She was a hallucination that the other part of his mind made him think was dreaming or sleepwalking, etc. Brilliant.
    That is an interesting take.

But
    BIG SPOILER

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Superfly:

Hard to imagine a high roller "gangsta" film being a yawner, but this is the one. One can only take a few shots of thugs throwing out (what would be if an accountant actually counted it) 3 or 4 thousand $100 bills, then complaining how they need to "get out".

Drug dealers clad in all white (including cars AND weapons) somehow stay below the radar in Atlanta.

The protagonists hairdo alone would get him noticed by anyone with a brain.

Terribly predictable, including the menage a trois shower scene with the two ladies who love him, her, and more importantly themselves, above all.

3/6 bottles of "Cristal" on the modified RFSRS.

Rifftrax: Space Mutiny

Excellent fun as always. I'm such a big fan of the guys and gals at Rifftrax that it's impossible for me to give them anything less than 4/4

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tag:

I really wanted this to be a great movie, but it was disappointing. Most of the funny bits were revealed in the trailers, leaving only one or two laugh out loud moments, and the movie took an odd turn near the end. Probably should have been cut by 10 minutes.

3.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS

The Strange Ones

A dark, dark film loosely based on a real life case. The two leads give brave performances. The editing and cinematography are fantastic. Most people will not like this film because of the subject matter. Understandable but there is talent here and I am intrigued to see more from the filmmakers. (3/4)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredibles 2 was great, every bit as good, maybe even slightly better, than the original.

Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hereditary

Spoiler:
    I don't subscribe to this theory, I do find it interesting though.

Spoiler:
    We see the father also interacting with the mother independently from the son. For that alone, I will have to disagree with your theory.

Great film though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Hereditary

Spoiler:
    I don't subscribe to this theory, I do find it interesting though.

Spoiler:
    We see the father also interacting with the mother independently from the son. For that alone, I will have to disagree with your theory.

Great film though.

Spoiler:
    The body in the attic was the grandmother who had been dug up at the cemetery.

Citizen of Gilead Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got to the theater to watch Hereditary. I knew Toni Colette could act but holy shit. That was one of the best overall performances Iíve ever seen in a horror movie. During one her best scenes, which I thought was the best of its kind for any movie or genre, I thought hereís an example of when a movie is better than a book for telling a story.

Spoiler:
    The scene Iím taking about is right after she finds her decapitated daughter. Sheís on the floor in hysterics while her husbandís trying to console her. The emotional reaction I had could never have been incited without an audible voice.

The movie itselft was great. Unique and original story. Great acting, of course. Definitely worth the price of admission. And only one jump scare!

8/10
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Finally got to the theater to watch Hereditary. I knew Toni Colette could act but holy shit. That was one of the best overall performances Iíve ever seen in a horror movie. During one her best scenes, which I thought was the best of its kind for any movie or genre, I thought hereís an example of when a movie is better than a book for telling a story.

Spoiler:
    The scene Iím taking about is right after she finds her decapitated daughter. Sheís on the floor in hysterics while her husbandís trying to console her. The emotional reaction I had could never have been incited without an audible voice.

The movie itselft was great. Unique and original story. Great acting, of course. Definitely worth the price of admission. And only one jump scare!

8/10
    Did you read my spoiler thoughts above Adam? Please do and let me know what you think of them...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

American Animals:

Drama/documentary about 4 college students who are not only bored, but pretty stupid too. They decide (for no good reason) to steal priceless art books from their university. The movie uses actors to dramatize the events, but also cuts to the actual thieves for their opinions/versions of events. The four thieves actually did 7 years in prison for the theft. Starts out slow, and picks up a bit, but tedious nonetheless.

2.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Citizen of Gilead Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

Spoiler:

8/10
    Did you read my spoiler thoughts above Adam? Please do and let me know what you think of them...
    Spoiler:
    I did. Itís an interesting outlook and although I canít disprove it, I think there was just way too much detail around the implied storyline of the grandmother being a kind of Paimon priestess whoíd been pursuing a suitable host for her king all her life, that it all did happen. Starting with her son who killed himself because she was trying to ďput people inside of him,Ē her granddaughter who she loved the most, tried to feed from her own breast and wished was a boy, and then finally her grandson who her fellow priestess managed to wear down enough (who put that thing in the road right next to a phone line tower with Paimonís sigil on it?) for Paimon to enter. And those are just a few of the details. One big detail which makes me think it really happened was the fact that Peter jumped out of a window at the end and got up, walked to the tree house, and climbed a fucking ladder. Paimon required his vessel to sacrifice himself before he could enter. I think the naked ghosts and his mom scared him enough to jump out of a window because they knew it would kill him. I think it did and thatís why Paimon was able to fully enter (the little ball of light enters him right then, remember?). Whatever was going on though, that ending kicked ass.

But hey you might be right, this movie is definitely one that requires a few sittings to really understand.

spoiler

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Ohhh ok. I assumed ghost because of how Annie saw what I thought was her motherís ghost right after the funeral. Those being real people is somehow even more creepy, haha.

Whoa I missed a lot of those. Iím not surprised though, I probably missed so much more than that. I really want to see it again in the theater.

Hey could a Mod fix my post so the spoiler stays a spoiler. I don't know what went wrong there. Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

The tag is ďSPOILERĒ and you wrote ďSPOILĒ so all you need to do is edit I think

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not that, I think it was too many quotes within quotes within spoilers. Couldn't fix it as is, so just chopped off the multiquotes, sorry. Not really necessary in a linear discussion like this, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 322 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 LastLast