Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 441 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 360 361 362 363 364 372 412 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Knives Out:

Normally I'm not into chamber murder mysteries, but this film is an exception. Funny, witty, and very well acted, this movie was a frolic from beginning to end. Don't want to give anything away, just go enjoy it.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Knives Out:

Normally I'm not into chamber murder mysteries, but this film is an exception. Funny, witty, and very well acted, this movie was a frolic from beginning to end. Don't want to give anything away, just go enjoy it.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    I agree wholeheartedly. My rating comes in at 9/10 for film buffs, though it is a 10/10 in my heart. Much of the movie was filmed in my home town, nearly all the non-mansion scenes. It was a real hoot to watch the
    Spoiler:
    car chase scene as it progressed through my town
    , though the editing creates a much different physical layout than the town I actually live in. We have a small movie theater in town and it's selling out every showing. It was really fun to meet Daniel Craig at the local gas station when it was filming.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Irishman was good. Very good but at 3.5 hours it kind of overstayed it’s welcome. Good
    Performances but none as good as The Joker’s were. 7.5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ready or Not. Seen this today to and what a fun movie. A fun, tense, grossed out thriller. 7.5/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Waters:

Mark Ruffalo stars as a lawyer for a firm that specializes in representing corporations in lawsuits. When a small town farmer who knows Ruffaloe's grandmother shows up at his office with a box of video tapes as evidence that Dupont Corporation has been poisoning the water and killing his cows, Ruffaloe gets drawn into the case.

Based upon a true story the film courses through the next 15 years as Dupont does everything in its power to deny (and thus be liable for) the claims. Multiple layers abound in the case as the Dupont is the #1 employer in the West Virginia town, as well as Ruffaloe's law firm has long been courting Dupont as a client.

5.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Waters is one of the films that makes me think 90s throwback films are coming into fashion. It reminds me of stuff like A Civil Action and Erin Brokovich in content and courtroom dramas were very popular back then. Motherless Brooklyn and 21 Bridges also feel very nostaligic for the sorts of corruption films that were popular back then.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Waters:

Mark Ruffalo stars as a lawyer for a firm that specializes in representing corporations in lawsuits. When a small town farmer who knows Ruffaloe's grandmother shows up at his office with a box of video tapes as evidence that Dupont Corporation has been poisoning the water and killing his cows, Ruffaloe gets drawn into the case.

Based upon a true story the film courses through the next 15 years as Dupont does everything in its power to deny (and thus be liable for) the claims. Multiple layers abound in the case as the Dupont is the #1 employer in the West Virginia town, as well as Ruffaloe's law firm has long been courting Dupont as a client.

5.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    I feel like Dark Waters is getting lost in the shuffle of all the big films coming out right now. I'm a big Ruffalo fan, so I'm hoping to see it after I see Knives Out.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Saw Shazam the other day. Definitely my favorite DC movie thus far. I liked that they kept it light and fun. It did seem to drag on a little bit towards the end though.

Spoiler:
    The part where all the kids grabbed the staff and he told them to say his name and they all yelled "Billy!" had me cracking up.

I had to look up the meaning of the end-credits scene because I have zero knowledge about the actual comic book stories.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched a very solid film that has been on my list for a while the other day, the 2016 film Anthropoid starring Cillian Murphy.

If you're a fan of World War II films, then check this one out. I love learning about lesser-known (at least to many Americans) historical events like the one depicted in the film.

The film chronicles Czechoslovakian operatives' mission to assassinate Nazi Reinhard Heydrich who was the main architect behind the Final Solution.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Angel Has Fallen last night. Fun and enjoyable just like the previous two in the series.
    3.5/6
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Irishman: Rating One out of Five

Fight me.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Fight me.
    Why?

You didn't like it. So be it.
    Although it wouldn't hurt if in cogent terms, you described what it is you disliked.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I would give it a 3 outta 5. Was really good but could have been an hour shorter. Al Pachino was too much like himself
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Fight me.
    I didn't think it was that bad, but I felt like I was watching a poor man's version of Goodfellas, just decades later.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I See You 2019.
    At first I thought perhaps it was a horror movie because Helen Hunt looks horrifically horrible, but I think this is more of a tense mystery thriller. I felt with multiple stories running throughout the film, and how it all tied together, it was surprisingly an enjoyable film with several twists and turns. It was about a couple missing boys, the perpetrator in prison, and yet another child disappears with similar clues left behind. Anyway, I really liked this movie. Not to start a monster debate on reading some people's rating philosophies, so if I stick with the "five" rating I would state 3.5/5.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fight me.
    Why?

Although it wouldn't hurt if in cogent terms, you described what it is you disliked.
    Sorry for the reply-bait, lol, couldn't help myself. I hated it. I can't think of one positive aspect of the film, other than a quick scene here or a line of dialogue there. More to come soon, I have to try and go to sleep so I can try and wake up in five hours.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Not to start a monster debate on reading some people's rating philosophies, so if I stick with the "five" rating I would state 3.5/5.
    Rule #27: No half points!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Fight me.
    Why?

Sorry for the reply-bait, lol, couldn't help myself. I hated it. I can't think of one positive aspect of the film, other than a quick scene here or a line of dialogue there. More to come soon, I have to try and go to sleep so I can try and wake up in five hours.
    What other Scorsese films have you seen and how do they compare to The Irishman? I have not watched it yet.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody the other day. I was never a huge fan of Queen although I know a lot of their popular songs. I'm sure like many people my age, I wasn't really introduced to them until Mike Myers brought them back to relevance in the early 90's by including their song in Wanye's World. Which makes his cameo in the movie that much better.

He even has a line in the movie where his character says something like "Bohemian Rhapsody" is just not a song that kids are going to sit in their cars and bang their heads to.

It was a bit odd seeing Rami Malek in something other then Mr. Robot but I thought he did a pretty good job as Freddie. Again, I knew very little about Freddie's background other than he was gay and he died of AIDS. I also didn't know he was just about the same age as my parents.

I've heard that the other band members had a big part in making the movie so I'm hoping it was pretty true to life.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

So happy with the Joker love for the Globe noms!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Jumanji: The Next Level:

Viewed in IMAX. Interesting takes and twists in this one where characters get swapped into different roles, not only initially, but even during the movie. Dwane Johnson is inhabited by old man Danny DeVito and Kevin Hart by Danny Glover. Both actors do a good job channeling. In the 3rd reel
    Spoiler:
    Awkwafina showsup and is channeling Danny DeVito. She NAILS the role.

Good old Saturday Matinee (on a Friday) fum.

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Watched Bohemian Rhapsody the other day. I was never a huge fan of Queen although I know a lot of their popular songs. I'm sure like many people my age, I wasn't really introduced to them until Mike Myers brought them back to relevance in the early 90's by including their song in Wanye's World. Which makes his cameo in the movie that much better.

He even has a line in the movie where his character says something like "Bohemian Rhapsody" is just not a song that kids are going to sit in their cars and bang their heads to.

It was a bit odd seeing Rami Malek in something other then Mr. Robot but I thought he did a pretty good job as Freddie. Again, I knew very little about Freddie's background other than he was gay and he died of AIDS. I also didn't know he was just about the same age as my parents.

I've heard that the other band members had a big part in making the movie so I'm hoping it was pretty true to life.
    It was a well done film but like nearly all Hollywood biopics, there are several things in the film that simply didn't happen or didn't happen the way they are portrayed. For one thing, no station ever gave Queen crap for Bohemian Rhapsody, Myers character is fictional. The years are off in some instances about when songs came out like We Will Rock You came out much earlier than shown in the movie. Also, Freddie never technically left the band. He simply went and did some solo work never claiming that Queen had broken up. Live Aid was in 85 and Freddie wasn't diagnosed until 87. And this isn't really a mistake but since they were keeping it PG-13, they left out Freddie's sexual exploits. I'll leave that where it is but Freddie did have a good time. A truer movie would have been a hard R for sure.
    All that said, it was a charming performance from Malek and it was well made and greatly benefited from the use of the original music and the Live Aid sequence is fantastic.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    What other Scorsese films have you seen and how do they compare to The Irishman? I have not watched it yet.
    Taxi Driver: 3/5
    Raging Bull: 2/5
    Goodfellas: 5/5
    Casino: 5/5
    Bringing Out The Dead: 2/5
    Gangs Of New York: 4/5
    Departed: 5/5
    Hugo: 4/5
    Wolf Of Wall Street: 4/5
    Irishman: 1/5

So, an average of 3.5/5. Not bad at all.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Taxi Driver: 3/5
    Raging Bull: 2/5
    Goodfellas: 5/5
    Casino: 5/5
    Bringing Out The Dead: 2/5
    Gangs Of New York: 4/5
    Departed: 5/5
    Hugo: 4/5
    Wolf Of Wall Street: 4/5
    Irishman: 1/5

So, an average of 3.5/5. Not bad at all.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion regarding "The Irishman", wrong as it may be (lol). However, you should probably be aware that a contract has been placed on your head and a couple of the "Hitter's" from, Smokin' Aces" have signed on for it. Vary your routine is all I'm saying. lol

6 Underground/Netflix:

I love shoot 'em up's and this film has more than it's share of spent cartridge shells. Ryan Reynolds just being himself times 2. Not a bad premise/story line, IMHO the "6" are all "Dead". Great stunts and lots of action, but the Director (Micheal Bay) must have given the editor an ounce of blow cause he edited the shit out of it!!! It's a little choppy to say the least. You'll need a scorecard and make the "pause" button your friend. There is slo-mo, to flashbacks to side ways flashes to,OMG!!! Still, not bad for a home theater rainy afternoon. Bring lots of popcorn. 3.25/6 beer's on the RFSRS

Country
    Country Flag

Timetrap.
    I was bored here on a Sunday flipping through Netflix. WOW. No famous actors and never heard of it but I couldn’t take my eyes off this film. 8/10 and if it was marketed differently with stars I would have been in the theatre for it. Seriously if you enjoy sci-fi watch this. You will enjoy it.... short, fast paced, twisty and just amazingly well done!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 441 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 360 361 362 363 364 372 412 ... LastLast