Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 441 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441
Results 11,001 to 11,003 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

All of Us Strangers - 4/4

So sometimes a movie comes along and stomps one's heart flat and one is grateful for the trauma but also the lesson learned. I feel like I learned from this film, deeply. Whatever my opinion may count towards, this film is a masterpiece bordering on Bergman excellence. It is brutal but delicate. It shatters and soothes. As far as storytelling, no other film from last year came close to affecting me as did this one. I am undone.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been watching a bunch of movies on my Netflix Queue that are leaving Netflix.

The Intern - A pretty charming film that fits within the mould of Nancy Meyers films though it sidesteps being a Romantic Comedy. Nice concept, good performances. 4/5

It's Complicated - It has it's moments and I like the performances, but it doesn't really come together like most Nancy Meyers films do. 3/5

Moneyball - One I've seen like two dozen times at this point. Had to watch it the night before spring training started. The filmmaking is just so on point. 5/5

Sense and Sensibility (1995) - I believe this was Ang Lee's first English language film and it's well made with good period sets and costumes and such that you expect from a film like this. Pretty solid film. 4/5

Miss Congeniality - I remember this one being funnier than it was, but the performances are all very charming. Not many actresses could pull off the role that Bullock does, and Michael Caine is as brilliant as always, so they elevate the material quite a bit. 3/5

Something's Gotta Give - Definitely my favourite Nancy Myers film. It's the performances, really. I think what I find endearing about Nancy Meyers films is that her films typically revolve around older people, which really makes them stand out among the other romantic comedies out there. The standard formula is there, but it's the details that set it apart. Poor Keanu. He's such a nice, nice man. 5/5

The Big Short - I've been meaning to rewatch this since the theatres. It really is a tremendous film. The energy it has is something else, and it balances making light of the housing collapse with colourful characters and tongue-in-cheek lampooning of the economic policies and theories which caused the downfall, while the film slowly becomes grimmer and grimmer as the reality of the house of cards becomes clear to us and the characters. The Steve Carrell character of Mark Baum is so key to this film. He provides the heart, the indignity towards the system, and the human quality that the audience needs or else this film would be quite heartless...just opportunists getting rich off the failures of society. 5/5
    Next up is Straight Outta Compton and then rewatching I, Tonya
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Watched the movie Alone on Netflix last night. It was your standard "woman traveling alone gets kidnapped by a weirdo stalker and escapes" story-line. Although honestly she only spends about 10 minutes of the movie actually being "kidnapped". The rest of the movie she just spends avoiding and/or running away from the guy.

What really stood out to me though was the guy's uncanny, almost supernatural, ability to find the girl no matter how much of a head-start she got. Like literally no matter where she went he knew exactly where she would be through out the entire movie. And he was just a regular, random dude.

There was some tension wondering how she would get away and the ending was really kind of a let down if not a bit unbelievable.

2/5
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 441 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441