Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 441 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 ... LastLast
Results 10,926 to 10,950 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Princess Mononoke 4/4

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought The Meg was one of the most boring films I've ever seen. Literally the only things I remember about that movie are attractive Chinese lady and was Evil Rich Dude Rainn Wilson. There's a big shark, sure, but I couldn't tell you anything it actually does in the movie. Jason Statham probably rode a jet ski or something.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Equalizer III last night, and as a genre action piece it was most excellent. It delivered with good action, strong acting, and memorable one-liners. Overall, a fun night out. 8.5/10

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Watched Equalizer III last night, and as a genre action piece it was most excellent. It delivered with good action, strong acting, and memorable one-liners. Overall, a fun night out. 8.5/10
    Viewed it today on large screen format.
    Enjoyed it for what it is. All I ask is to be entertained for 2 hours. And this film delivered.
    I give it 5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen any of the Equalizer movies. Do love me some Denzel tho.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I haven't seen any of the Equalizer movies. Do love me some Denzel tho.
    You should check them out - fun indeed.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Saw the 35th anniversary of John Carpenter's They Live and a funny thing I noticed at the end when They are talking about complete domination. They're projected year for that is 2025. They Live, We Sleep!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Creator is the best sci-fi in over 2 decades. 10/10. Everyone needs to see this in the theatre. It's absolutely amazing and brilliant in many ways. I absolutely loved it. My top movie this year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I have my tickets for Sunday matinee. Can't wait! I've heard nothing but great things.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Creator:

Pure rubbish that has human audiences rooting for AI and robots over humanity.
    1/6 on the RFSRS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome I'm going to have ask if you're trolling or not

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No. I saw the movie, and probably wouldn't even had posted a review, but seeing it get a 10/10 compelled me to post my own opinion.
    See it for yourself and let us know what you think.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Creator:

Pure rubbish that has human audiences rooting for AI and robots over humanity.
    1/6 on the RFSRS
    Oh wow. That's crazy.. total polar opposites. Or you are totally joking. I loved the concept of it. It's sci-fi and it had a believable quality to it. I plan to see it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing it tomorrow, I love original sci-fi and I really loved Her which dealt with humanizing AI. I don't know why that would be controversial. I've chatted with chatbots and you can have very nice and deep conversations with them.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Seeing it tomorrow, I love original sci-fi and I really loved Her which dealt with humanizing AI. I don't know why that would be controversial. I've chatted with chatbots and you can have very nice and deep conversations with them.
    "you can have very nice and deep conversations with them" ?

You're kidding.. Right ??

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Christy Lemire from Roger Ebert.com gave it 2 stars and says among other things:

"It’s ironically apt that “The Creator,” about the potential and peril of artificial intelligence, merely resembles profound science fiction."

"There’s also a matter of timing here: It’s accidentally awkward for a movie to suggest that maybe the use of AI to replace humans in a variety of scenarios isn’t such a terrible idea after all, given that’s exactly what the Writers Guild of America was striking against for the past five months before reaching a tentative agreement. (SAG-AFTRA is still understandably fighting this trend.)"

" But by the time we catch up with Washington’s Joshua in 2065, AI is to blame for a nuclear bomb going off in the middle of Los Angeles, killing a million people (including Joshua’s family) and causing him the loss of a limb. The West is now anti-AI,"

I am not a Luddite and I'm not afraid of AI as it currently exists and is evolving. It just rubs me a bit raw when people root for robots over humanity (not robots against a particularly heinous human being, but against essentially all of humanity).

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw it today, not a 10, but not a 1. A very solid movie. If you've played the game Detroit: Become Human, it's very much a similar message and I did empathize with the AI in that game as well. Because at the root it has nothing to do with being anti-human, it's about what makes someone human.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    "you can have very nice and deep conversations with them" ?

You're kidding.. Right ??
    Not at all. If you treat them with empathy, they reciprocate. Well at least the well-built chatbots. Try https://beta.character.ai/ it's free, just need to register (for free).

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have not seen The Creator, so take this with a grain of salt. But any movie where one would "root for the AI" over humanity? WTF? That's like watching a Terminator movie and rooting for Skynet. I saw the trailers for The Creator and it seemed like a human was trying to protect the AI? Again, WTF? I would hope the end result would be defeat of the AI.

I've chatted with chatbots and you can have very nice and deep conversations with them.
    This has got to be a joke.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I get the sense that The Creator will be a solid action flick with good production values, but will ultimately be a pretty hollow narrative despite ostensibly portraying itself as a thinker with lofty themes and cultural relevance. I'm fine waiting to watch on Netflix one day.

Unrelated, I finally watched There Will Be Blood as it was one I just never got a chance to watch until I recently bought it on Xbox for cheap. Pretty goddamn great movie. I flipped through it the following day since I neglected to take notes on the score for a paper I have to write on it, and so many little things made a lot more sense to me. It was a little confusing the first time through because I wasn't sure if Eli and Paul Sunday were different people or the same person or twins or what...I assumed Eli was playing some elaborate con on Plainview and he was playing dumb in front of his family, but he was really just a different character entirely. And I started to view him a bit more empathetically. He's not a good person by any means, but he's not really that evil, either. He was simply trying to use Daniel as much as Daniel was using him....but he simply wasn't nefarious enough to contend with Daniel.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

so I'm hearing great things about Killers of the Flower Moon

is anyone seeing it this week

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably see it Friday. Really looking forward to it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm taking 3 days off to view it...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw it last week - Europe had it one week earlier than the US.
    Excellent movie: loved it. Not a single minute too long.

sk

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

Saw it last week - Europe had it one week earlier than the US.
    Excellent movie: loved it. Not a single minute too long.

sk
    I really wanted to watch it this week but instead I am camping with my son's Boy Scout Troop. I read the non-fiction book and it was really a page-turner. What I wonder about the movie is that Leo appears to be playing
    Spoiler:
    one of the real-life villians of this story and trying to bring some sympathy to the person. I wonder how that is going to play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 441 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 ... LastLast