Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 441 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yep audience score (89%) was bang on and critics (27% on Rotten) were wrong. Loved Rambo. It was super solid for me. Missed just a couple opportunities but for the most part was a great way to close the series. Grew up with Rambo... sad to see him go.
    I haven't seen it yet, but is it a better ending than the way they ended 4? Honestly, seeing him back in America, walking down the street was a pretty powerful way to end the film. Especially considering how things went in the first film.
    The ending is satisfying yes. It’s a nice ending....

I think my satirical review of Rambo is more entertaining and creative than Rambo: Last Blood. It was a boring slog with a couple bouts of violence. Rambo (2008) was a far superior film in every way. The final action sequences were so full of quick cuts we weren't even allowed to appreciate it before it onto the next one. A major disappointment after 70 minutes of boredom.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yep audience score (89%) was bang on and critics (27% on Rotten) were wrong. Loved Rambo. It was super solid for me. Missed just a couple opportunities but for the most part was a great way to close the series. Grew up with Rambo... sad to see him go.
    I haven't seen it yet, but is it a better ending than the way they ended 4? Honestly, seeing him back in America, walking down the street was a pretty powerful way to end the film. Especially considering how things went in the first film.
    The ending is satisfying yes. It’s a nice ending....

I think my satirical review of Rambo is more entertaining and creative than Rambo: Last Blood. It was a boring slog with a couple bouts of violence. Rambo (2008) was a far superior film in every way. The final action sequences were so full of quick cuts we weren't even allowed to appreciate it before it onto the next one. A major disappointment after 70 minutes of boredom.
    BUT yet you like Fear the Walking Dead and Negan.... I sometimes don't get your like and dislike of films. I will say this, the quick cuts I am not a fan of but it was cool none the less. I def enjoyed the film much more than you and I was not bored at all.. surely not as bored as I am with Negan. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently saw the Simon Pegg film A Fantastic Fear Of Everything. I'd never even heard of it until stumbling across it on cable about 2 weeks ago, but when I saw Pegg was in it, I gave it a try. My God, what a strange and hilarious film. I can't recommend it highly enough.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

BUT yet you like Fear the Walking Dead and Negan.... I sometimes don't get your like and dislike of films. I will say this, the quick cuts I am not a fan of but it was cool none the less. I def enjoyed the film much more than you and I was not bored at all.. surely not as bored as I am with Negan. haha
    I think Taken is a terrible movie and Rambo was a bad ripoff of Taken. The only thing Rambo has over Taken is the ending isn't near as bad. Speaking of Fear The Walking Dead, I'd compare Rambo to this season of Fear...the beginning showed promise and the decent finale was too little too late to make up for the nothing that happened in between. But there is no excuse needed for Negan. He's amazing. What boggles my mind is that people don't love him.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Taken is a terrible movie and Rambo was a bad ripoff of Taken. The only thing Rambo has over Taken is the ending isn't near as bad. Speaking of Fear The Walking Dead, I'd compare Rambo to this season of Fear...the beginning showed promise and the decent finale was too little too late to make up for the nothing that happened in between. But there is no excuse needed for Negan. He's amazing. What boggles my mind is that people don't love him.
    Taken terrible??! Blasphemy!! Lol that movie is amazing and has the most iconic phone call of all time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

HAS ANYONE SEEN JOKER YET!!?!??

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Taken terrible??! Blasphemy!! Lol that movie is amazing and has the most iconic phone call of all time!

This phone call is better :p

Country
    Country Flag

This phone call is better :p
    Ahhhhhhh. No.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Handmaiden (2016)

As far as erotic mystery thrillers, go, this is top notch. Double and triple crosses in Japan-colonized Korea, centered around a pampered heiress, a devious suitor, and a streetwise girl posing as a handmaiden.

It worked for me, for the most part. I absolutely did find it erotic; there were twists and turns I did not see coming; and I was somewhat thrilled. So the important boxes are checked. The first half is the strongest. After the main reveal (which took me completely by surprise), it lost a little steam, as I was not quite convinced of the motivations of the main characters after that. They seemed a bit arbitrary, based on the groundwork laid in the first half of the film. But I never knew that impromptu dental work could be so erotic.

4 stars (out of 5)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Joker: Viewed in IMAX. An incredibly powerful dark journey down one man's road to insanity. Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Flecks plays a street clown who is losing his mind. Suffering from a rare disease that causes him to burst out laughing at inappropriate times, he creeps out everyone he encounters. Fleck goes onstage to try a do a comedy act, in a part that had me both nervous, and very uncomfortable. Needless to say he fails. Fails so badly, a clip of him is featured on the local Carson-like late nigh talk show that he and his mother watch nightly. Hosted by Robert Deniro, Fleck doesn't initially realize that the jokes on him when he is invited on the show. You know where the movie is headed, but it doesn't mean you don't squirm on the ride there.
    5/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I knew Ad Astra would be a stinker from the minute I saw the first commercial. The marketing for that did not scream confidence to me.
    I haven't seen it, but I felt the same way watching the trailers. So, can one of you guys that have seen it tell me what the fucking stupid (title for a film) means? lol
    Latin for "to the stars".
    Thanks, Boss Man!!! Appreciate the response so quickly!!! "To the Stars" seems awful broad for what appears to be a Sci-Fi version of a Political/action film from the trailers. Anyway, I'll assume the title makes much more sense after viewing the film which, I will likely not do until it premieres on HBO. lol

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw "Yesterday". Man, what a disappointment!!! They really screwed the pooch on this one. Going in I was hopeful of a good film and soundtrack given the perhaps somewhat unlikely, but very interesting premise of a power surge altering the current reality for everyone on Earth but the star of the film. It centers around the fact that the film's star is a musician with a reverence and deep appreciation for the classic songs of the Beatles. Initially, it appears the the film itself, in addition to the main character, has a respect for the material they are covering some of the more iconic and classic writings of John, Paul, George and sometimes Ringo. But no!!! The film proceeds to turn into an awkward version of a love story utilizing frustratingly clipped and very badly edited versions of the Beatles more iconic songs. On top of that lead actor is not very handsome or appealing and cannot sing!!! Therefore, where he try's to endear us with heartfelt respect and imitation of selected Beatle songs and fails miserably.

I could go on, but this film fails on so many crucial levels that it isn't even worth the time and energy. I give it a -0.50 beers on the RFSRS.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Joker. I have mixed feelings about Joker.

I didn't like
    - the fact that the movie seemed to normalize murder as a legitimate reaction to people not being nice to you
    - the fact that they made a canonically good guy a dick
    - the criminal underutilization of Shea Whigham
    - one of the song choices, though I can understand why they used it. I'm just mad the artist still gets royalties from it

I did like
    - Joaquin Phoenix's absolutely heartbreaking performance
    - the accurate portrayal of how society treats the mentally ill (especially back then)
    - the decision to make the laugh be due to pseudobulbar affect
    - the cinematography
    - the suit. I actually like this version more than the classic purple. It packs such a visual punch, especially the orange vest
    - the way Gotham is portrayed. By the end of the movie, it is classic Gotham (read: a city at its worst) and it's perfect
    - the nods to other Batman media

All said, I'll probably buy this one once it hits BluRay.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? That is awesome news!!! I was really initially wary of this film. I thought it was wrapped with the last film (which was actually all kinds of wonderful imho). Cause I love me some, John Rambo done well!!!! lol Thx, Kris!! Now, I am sooooooo going to see this!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Reprinted Rjeso Post:

Joker. I have mixed feelings about Joker.

I didn't like
    - the fact that the movie seemed to normalize murder as a legitimate reaction to people not being nice to you. Well, in truth that has been happening in films as a basic tenant for many years now, right?
    - the fact that they made a canonically good guy a dick. That's not good at all imho.
    - the criminal underutilization of Shea Whigham. Can't really comment for my part having yet to view the film.
    - one of the song choices, though I can understand why they used it. I'm just mad the artist still gets royalties from it. Again, can't really comment for my part not knowing the song or scene in question.

I did like
    - Joaquin Phoenix's absolutely heartbreaking performance. That is somewhat heartening to know going in BUT, no one will ever top, Heath Ledger IMO in this role!!!
    - the accurate portrayal of how society treats the mentally ill (especially back then). Not sure this is a ringing endorsement for me. However, generally speaking I suppose you are right, unfortunately.
    - the decision to make the laugh be due to pseudobulbar affect. What you talkin' about, Willis"? lol Sounds very interesting though.
    - the cinematography. Sounds very cool indeed!!
    - the suit. I actually like this version more than the classic purple. It packs such a visual punch, especially the orange vest. Sounds very cool indeed!!
    - the way Gotham is portrayed. By the end of the movie, it is classic Gotham (read: a city at its worst) and it's perfect. Again, sounds very cool indeed!!
    - the nods to other Batman media. Very interesting indeed. Sounds like it's worth a look.

All said, I'll probably buy this one once it hits BluRay. I'll have to see it in a theater first and probably will, thanks to you and other reviews, which are generally all extremely positive. I suppose I'll just have to see this for myself despite initial "Dark Knight" type reservations!! BTW, my friend, utilize punctuation much? lol

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I also thought nobody would be better than Ledger, but Phoenix surprised me. Since Joker feels more like an AU of DC canon (mostly because of Thomas Wayne and one other interesting change), they're both equally the Joker. I honestly can't rate one above the other. One is an agent of chaos, one is a severely broken man who finally found acceptance in his new role.

Also, what do you mean by the punctuation thing?
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The reputation system needs to be removed from this site. It's a curtain cowards are allowed to hide behind.

You have something to say to me, send me a PM or post it in a thread. If not, shut the fuck up.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The reputation system needs to be removed from this site. It's a curtain cowards are allowed to hide behind.

You have something to say to me, send me a PM or post it in a thread. If not, shut the fuck up.
    100% agree.

Country
    Country Flag

What did you get bad rep for?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I knew Ad Astra would be a stinker from the minute I saw the first commercial. The marketing for that did not scream confidence to me.
    I haven't seen it, but I felt the same way watching the trailers. So, can one of you guys that have seen it tell me what the fucking stupid (title for a film) means? lol
    Latin for "to the stars".
    If he doesn't understand it, it's stupid.

What did you get bad rep for?
    See the quoted conversation. The person also asked a question in the rep. You do realize I can't answer it, right? I guess I will answer it here and we can move on. What do I have against him?
    • He can dish it, but he can't take it.
    • He thinks he owns the site.
    • He once tried to get me banned and called me an anti-semite because I posted the final scene from Schindler's List.
    • He uses 14 different text sizes and colors for each post

These are just the top 3, but I would be more than happy to update the list as I come up with more. Also, he blocked me, so I can pretty much say whatever I want and not have to worry about his incoherent replies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    I also thought nobody would be better than Ledger, but Phoenix surprised me. Since Joker feels more like an AU of DC canon (mostly because of Thomas Wayne and one other interesting change), they're both equally the Joker. I honestly can't rate one above the other. One is an agent of chaos, one is a severely broken man who finally found acceptance in his new role.

Also, what do you mean by the punctuation thing?
    I'll definitely have to give it a look see. Thanks for the recommendation.

LOL I was breaking chops for no periods. I added them to my reprint of your original post. lol J/K is all.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yep.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Joker: Viewed in IMAX. An incredibly powerful dark journey down one man's road to insanity. Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Flecks plays a street clown who is losing his mind. Suffering from a rare disease that causes him to burst out laughing at inappropriate times, he creeps out everyone he encounters. Fleck goes onstage to try a do a comedy act, in a part that had be both nervous and very uncomfortable. Needless to say he fails. Fails so badly, a clip of him is featured on the local Carson-like late nigh talk show that he and his mother watch nightly. Hosted by Robert Deniro, Fleck doesn't initially realize that the jokes on him when he is invited on the show. You know where the movie is headed, but it doesn't mean you don't squirm on the ride there.
    5/6 Beers on the RFSRS
    I really agree with this. Just walked out and was blown away. I think his performance is the best there has been as a joker. I never thought Leger could be beat. I am not sure... have to see it again but wow. I loved this movie. I hope we have not seen the last of Phoenix’s Joker.
    In fact I pray we don’t. 9.5/10 for me... I have zero complaints.

PS:
    I watched for the song that was talked about....didn’t catch it and would like to know more.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Joker last Friday and I too have mixed feelings. Still sorting everything out in my mind, but right now it's hovering at around a 6.5, maybe a 7/10 for me. I'll try and post my complete thoughts this week...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Joker last Friday and I too have mixed feelings. Still sorting everything out in my mind, but right now it's hovering at around a 6.5, maybe a 7/10 for me. I'll try and post my complete thoughts this week...
    Wow! I was not expecting that. Do you think this is one of those instances where you hyped it up too much and it just couldn't live up to it for you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 441 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 ... LastLast