Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 441 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Since we're talking about horror films, has anyone seen I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House? It's definitely not a typical scary horror film. It's very quiet and understated, and quite refreshing compared to most horror films we get these days. It's not on the level of The Babadook, Get Out, or It Follows, but it's definitely worth a watch. Matt, I think you would really enjoy it.
    No I haven't. What about "Better Watch Out?" Not what you would expect and surprisingly not that bad. I didn't fast forward at all.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Better Watch Out, but wasn't a fan of the twist/change of direction halfway through.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I enjoyed Better Watch Out, but wasn't a fan of the twist/change of direction halfway through.
    I felt that's what made it different/unique.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Since we're talking about horror films, has anyone seen I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House? It's definitely not a typical scary horror film. It's very quiet and understated, and quite refreshing compared to most horror films we get these days. It's not on the level of The Babadook, Get Out, or It Follows, but it's definitely worth a watch. Matt, I think you would really enjoy it.
    No I haven't. What about "Better Watch Out?" Not what you would expect and surprisingly not that bad. I didn't fast forward at all.
    Never heard of it before. Just added it to my list.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't consider Get Out horror either. I consider it a thriller, but since it's often being put in the horror category I put it on my list.

I'll never understand how people determine the quality of a film on how scary it is. A horror movie doesn't have to be scary to me to be good. The main reason for this is that I don't get scared while watching movies. I'm not trying to act like a tough guy. It's that it's simply a movie. I have trouble not seeing the key grip, the camera crew, the script supervisor, the director and the catering table if we pulled back all the way.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I don't consider Get Out horror either. I consider it a thriller, but since it's often being put in the horror category I put it on my list.

I'll never understand how people determine the quality of a film on how scary it is. A horror movie doesn't have to be scary to me to be good. The main reason for this is that I don't get scared while watching movies. I'm not trying to act like a tough guy. It's that it's simply a movie. I have trouble not seeing the key grip, the camera crew, the script supervisor, the director and the catering table if we pulled back all the way.
    I hear ya. My wife’s a filmmaker and has the same issue with any movie, horror or otherwise. Being scared isn’t all there is to it for me to call a movie a good horror, but it’s a vital component. For me. The word “horror” is defined as an intense felling of fear, shock, or disgust. I guess that’s why I’ve always considered being scared as a qualifier when judging a horror movie because it’s the most intense feeling of those three. Again, for me. The only movie I can think of right now that contended in intensity of those three was Human Centipede 2. God that was fucking disgusting, but not at all what I’d consider a good horror movie, or any kind of movie for that matter! I feel like taking a shower just thinking about it.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A Quiet Place (4/4)

As good as has been suggested. Nice.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Saw two good movies this weekend. Isle of Dogs was wonderful. Highly recommend it.

Also finally got to see A Quiet Place. Really enjoyed this one as well, however I tried really hard to stay away from reading anything about it, but seeing all the hype in here and elsewhere about it I think I was expecting something a bit more. That said, it was very good, but I didn't find it to be scary at all. Then again there is very little that does scare me these days, but I do wish it was a little more intense.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't been scared by a horror movie since I was a teenager, mainly because of all the reasons Mike listed. They're pretty formulaic, once you know the tricks it's pretty hard to not see the jump scares coming a mile away.

What I judge a horror film on is the execution of its premise, and the ingenuity of its set pieces. I'm still able to appreciate the kind of dread certain scenes can create, even if I myself don't get scared. Make sense?

Oh it does, and that's what I appreciated about it. I just wish I could actually be scared by a film that's all

It wasn't at the level of It Follows, The Babadook, or Get Out, but it's definitely one of the better horror films in recent years.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd place it above all of those, personally.

Is it your favorite recent horror?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think so. I was thinking to myself a few days ago that I need to rewatch IT, The Babadook and Quiet Place back to back to see which one is my favorite of the past few years.

Maybe add The Witch which I haven't seen yet but have heard is amazing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rampage was some theatre fun but nothing more. 6.5/10. Looking forward to Avengers. 2018 has already produced some amazing movies. And the year has many more to offer. Might be my favourite year of cinema ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wormwood on Netflix was very good.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Marrowbone over the weekend. Another case of an incredibly misleading trailer. Went in expecting a horror and didn't really get one. Some suspense, but nothing really remarkable.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Rampage was some theatre fun but nothing more. 6.5/10. Looking forward to Avengers. 2018 has already produced some amazing movies. And the year has many more to offer. Might be my favourite year of cinema ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh I forgot about Rampage. Gonna to try to go this week sometime. Agreed about upcoming movies this year. The trailers they played when I saw Quietly Now were awesome. That new one with Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin looked awesome!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Will Infinity War be better than Captain America: The Winter Soldier? I sure hope so after a decade of hype. I might actually see this one the theatres a few weeks after it's been released if the reviews are good. I would pay money to see Iron Man die. I hate that guy.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've been reading the Infinity Gauntlet for almost three months and I'm still not even halfway through. I just can't get into it. I'm hoping the movie is better.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Will Infinity War be better than Captain America: The Winter Soldier? I sure hope so after a decade of hype. I might actually see this one the theatres a few weeks after it's been released if the reviews are good. I would pay money to see Iron Man die. I hate that guy.
    Civil War was better... Blank Panther was better... Spiderman Homecoming was better.. shall I go on?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You were never really here-

Grim, tense and feels like a 1970's movie that takes place in New York City. 5/6 beers on the RFSRS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep reading wildly polarizing reviews on that film, Jerome.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Civil War was better... Blank Panther was better... Spiderman Homecoming was better.. shall I go on?
    Better than what? Winter Soldier? You're trippin.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I suggest you see it and judge for yourself. Not as easy film to find in my area. I had to go to San Francisco (40+ miles away) to see it. Of course going into The City is fun in and of itself.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I suggest you see it and judge for yourself. Not as easy film to find in my area. I had to go to San Francisco (40+ miles away) to see it. Of course going into The City is fun in and of itself.
    The movie is totally gripping and brutally powerful. I liked it a lot too RF.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 441 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 ... LastLast