Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 441 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quinn is literally meant to be the most obnoxious character in DC with a pinch (or handful) of murdering psychopath. Like, you really can't complain about that.
    Yes you can. What works in one medium does not necessarily work in another. Directors are paid to find that middle ground so as to make sure the transition is smooth and not jarring.

And is a 14-year-old boy as the world's saviour really that much more believable than a 14-year-old girl? I dont get the logic here.
    Yeah I didn't get that either lol. How is a 14 year old John Connor a more valid savior than a 14 year old girl? Webstar?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    You seem to be in a small minority. It's Certified Fresh now and audience score is 88%. And it's supposed to be silly and over the top. Maybe you're just not a fan of Harley Quinn? Have you read any of her comics in the last, say, 5 years?
    You shouldn't need to read the source material to appreciate the adaptation.
    Correct. That's why for me The Dark Knight series (especially TDK) will always stand head and shoulders above everything else in the genre. Pop escapism that turned into art.

Metacritic is more accurate IMO. It's currently at 60 out of 100 with a userscore of 6.1 of 10.
    Funny you mention this, I've been using this site more and more lately instead of RT for my reviews aggregate.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure how to quote just the top part. Normally I'd agree with that but if you try to reign in her insanity, she stops being Harley Quinn. Jarring is what she does. Comic to movie adaptation isn't really what I was getting it but staying true to character. TDK is actually a good example actually. You can absolutely enjoy it without any knowledge about Batman but that's Batman through and through as a character. If they had made him drop the cowl, it wouldn't be Batman. I guess I'm referring to character's characteristics and you not going to get a well adjusted Harley Quinn.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Yes Fernando. I thought a 14 year old John Conner was FAR more believable. How many hardened females could you see doing his role in a dystopian future? It’s not sexist... it’s just realistic. It’s easier for the viewer to accept. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's a pretty strange opinion for a Star Wars fan.

Padme, Leia, Mon Mothma, Mara Jade, Rey all seemed more than capable fighters and leaders.

Maybe it's easier for you to accept that it's dudes who always get the badass of the movie award, but that is in fact, not a fact. Only your preference.

John's Mom taught him to be a soldier. Sarah Connor seemed to do okay, didn't she?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a pretty strange opinion for a Star Wars fan.

Padme, Leia, Mon Mothma, Mara Jade, Rey all seemed more than capable fighters and leaders.

Maybe it's easier for you to accept that it's dudes who always get the badass of the movie award, but that is in fact, not a fact. Only your preference.

John's Mom taught him to be a soldier. Sarah Connor seemed to do okay, didn't she?
    Yes but she wasn’t 14 when we met her. Sorry can’t I have an opinion or should I just agree with you and be done with it?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

No agreement is necessary but you state your opinion as a fact and speak for the entire viewership. On this board alone you had people disagreeing with you and proving your so-called fact to be wrong. I'm open to having my opinion changed (I drank the game of thrones kool-aid recently) but you come in with your ears covered going nah nah nah. I listed names from a franchise you actually like and you're getting passive aggressive about it.

Whatever. Birds of prey looks stupid anyways, why do I even care?

Country
    Country Flag

No agreement is necessary but you state your opinion as a fact and speak for the entire viewership. On this board alone you had people disagreeing with you and proving your so-called fact to be wrong. I'm open to having my opinion changed (I drank the game of thrones kool-aid recently) but you come in with your ears covered going nah nah nah. I listed names from a franchise you actually like and you're getting passive aggressive about it.

Whatever. Birds of prey looks stupid anyways, why do I even care?
    Lol it is stupid. And not cause it’s women as the main focus... it’s just not a good movie.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that 100%. I might watch it if it ever comes on Netflix but that's it.

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that 100%. I might watch it if it ever comes on Netflix but that's it.
    I mean it’s worth a watch if your into movies but it’s not theater worthy If that makes sense.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's rated R, so probably.
    The language alone would make it an R, hence my question.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Birds of Prey... silly. Just silly... over the top and cheesy dialogue used OVER AND OVER again. The group we went with hated it. There was some aspects I liked but not enough to save it. 5/10 for me... was going to say 6 but when I woke up today it dropped.
    Really? I would have sworn you would have loved this one. Maybe I'm losing my touch.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I've been using this site more and more lately instead of RT for my reviews aggregate.
    Actually, that's a great idea. Is there a way we can keep track of a film's rating on here. We could do a thread and then a poll with different scores, but each post only supports one poll. Is there another way of doing this? I think it would be interesting. Thoughts?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I've been using this site more and more lately instead of RT for my reviews aggregate.
    Actually, that's a great idea. Is there a way we can keep track of a film's rating on here. We could do a thread and then a poll with different scores, but each post only supports one poll. Is there another way of doing this? I think it would be interesting. Thoughts?
    I've always had an idea of a movie review site that tracks individual's ratings. That way, you can see what other people (that like and dislike the same things you do) rate a movie you're interested in seeing.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved loved loved Birds of Prey! I don't get the negative comments at all here. Margot Robbie was amazing as Harley, she has the character down, just perfection, chef's kiss! The action was pretty much non-stop, so fun and full of chaos (perfect since it's Harley telling the story), and I had a permanent smile for the whole show. The non-linear beginning was so well done. Canary Cry gave me goosebumps. And Huntress being one of my all-time favorite DC characters, was a crossbow-wielding cherry on top! Loved what Mary Elizabeth Winstead did with the character, got some of the biggest laughs at my screening, and just totally kicked complete ass! Roman and Victor were deliciously evil (and funny). I mean, the entire cast was purely fantabulous! I love how it sets up the Birds of Prey and I hope we see these characters again soon!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Loved loved loved Birds of Prey! I don't get the negative comments at all here. Margot Robbie was amazing as Harley, she has the character down, just perfection, chef's kiss! The action was pretty much non-stop, so fun and full of chaos (perfect since it's Harley telling the story), and I had a permanent smile for the whole show. The non-linear beginning was so well done. Canary Cry gave me goosebumps. And Huntress being one of my all-time favorite DC characters, was a crossbow-wielding cherry on top! Loved what Mary Elizabeth Winstead did with the character, got some of the biggest laughs at my screening, and just totally kicked complete ass! Roman and Victor were deliciously evil (and funny). I mean, the entire cast was purely fantabulous! I love how it sets up the Birds of Prey and I hope we see these characters again soon!
    Wow.
    I’m
    Shocked. How anyone could want more of that is beyond me! We have such different tastes.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    We have such different tastes.
    And that's a good thing.

But have you seen the new Harley Quinn animated series? It's spectacular.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I've always had an idea of a movie review site that tracks individual's ratings. That way, you can see what other people (that like and dislike the same things you do) rate a movie you're interested in seeing.
    Letterboxd is kind of like that. I follow certain people and can see their ratings. I wish more people here used it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on letterboxd but I don't use it much
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got home from AMC's Best Picture Showcase. 10 hours of movies--Jojo Rabbit, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (second viewing), Parasite, and 1917. None really blew me away, though they all have aspects that I really enjoyed. If there's one negative that I think can be said of all the BP noms this year (I haven't seen Little Women, Ford v. Ferrari, or Marriage Story) it's that they're too long. I don't mind long movies, but each of these could've been a little tighter in the story+pacing department.

Now...time to make my picks!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Parasite. Wow. Deserves the accolades it has received. Wow. Loved it. Wow. 5/5.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Did I say Wow?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just watched Parasite last night, and really loved it. I'm glad it won Best Picture, I think it was deserving of the award.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it as well. I did have a hard time "rooting" for the Kims in the second half, though. It was an unfortunate economic situation they were in but I just couldn't get behind their decisions.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just watched Parasite last night, and really loved it. I'm glad it won Best Picture, I think it was deserving of the award.
    I enjoyed Parasite, but there were several other films that deserved the best picture honor. Will American films now be included in the international best picture category? Fair is fair right?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I enjoyed it as well. I did have a hard time "rooting" for the Kims in the second half, though. It was an unfortunate economic situation they were in but I just couldn't get behind their decisions.
    It's funny that you say this because I also felt the same. But I was just having a discussion with my friend earlier...
    major Parasite spoilers
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 441 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 ... LastLast