Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 326 of 441 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 376 426 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Can't wait to read, Mike. I've been waiting for you to post some reviews (I'm no better).
    I miss doing my larger reviews so much. The mini-reviews are a nice compromise, but I even get behind on doing those too! Girlfriends are nice, but they are a super time suck! I didn't have any time before, now it's nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The summer is almost over! Check out my mini-reviews for some of the films I saw this summer including Hereditary, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Leave No Trace, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and much more!

Quick Flicks Mini-Reviews - Summer 2018
    Great stuff. I agree with 85% of those write ups !!
    Thanks, Web!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The summer is almost over! Check out my mini-reviews for some of the films I saw this summer including Hereditary, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Leave No Trace, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and much more!

Quick Flicks Mini-Reviews - Summer 2018

I rewatched Hereditary with my best friend last night. When it was over I said, "What did you think?" and he said "It was fucked up!" He must've liked it though because it made him watch The Babadook today. Leave No Trace as you know is a favourite. I'm sad I missed Eighth Grade in theatres. I'm looking forward to watching Fallen Kingdom for those visuals.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hereditary is sheer brilliance. Those last 15 minutes still give me chills.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    "
    Absolutely loved this movie and all the "creepy" scenes you don't see coming. For how dark the movie was shot, I felt the ending was a tad off. The family's "Hereditary" illness makes a bit more sense with the ending to me with how it was done and the brightness of the surroundings. If you look at it that way. On the other hand if the demon is real, then how odd the ending was just felt off to me. I know people here talked about this movie prior to this and mentioned the truth about mental illness or a demon. I'm trying to be vague for the non-watchers of the film.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Can't wait to read, Mike. I've been waiting for you to post some reviews (I'm no better).
    There are images in those last 15 minutes that I will never get out of my head. Anyone who has seen the film knows exactly what I'm talking about too.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A Simple Favor:
    Very witty, with fantastic dialogue. Comes close to going over the top, but doesn't wear out. Numerous twists and turns keep your head spinning. 4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    A Simple Favor:
    Very witty, with fantastic dialogue. Comes close to going over the top, but doesn't wear out. Numerous twists and turns keep your head spinning. 4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.
    I second that. This one has gotten lost in the shuffle. I was pleasantly surprised. Don't be fooled by the trailer that makes this one seem really serious. It's a dark comedy that doesn't really take itself too seriously. Lively and Kendrick are both fantastic. A Simple Favor is directed by Paul Feig, who is more known for comedies like The Heat and Spy, does a nice job of spinning an interesting mystery, but not falling into the cheesy cliche pitfalls of similar films.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really didn't care much for checking out A Simple Favor, but now my date wants to watch it this week so suddenly I'm dying to see it, LOL.

Shit I just realized how long it's been since I typed up a review

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really didn't care much for checking out A Simple Favor, but now my date wants to watch it this week so suddenly I'm dying to see it, LOL.

Shit I just realized how long it's been since I typed up a review
    Nice!

I had no interest in seeing it either, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of girlfriends, I'm going to shock you right now. I've been with my girlfriend for 5 months and we still haven't been to the movies together. We saw a few movies at the drive-in this summer, but not in an actual theater.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Why don't drive-ins count? For a second there I thought you were going to say you haven't seen a movie at all together

I think my boyfriend humored me when we first got together. He actually went to see a horror movie with me, which is shocking because since then he pretty much refuses to go see any horror movie in the theater or even on dvd with me. There's been a few exceptions, but very few. And there's so many movies that come out that I want to see, but I can only get him to the theater about 2-3 times a year if I'm lucky
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Why don't drive-ins count? For a second there I thought you were going to say you haven't seen a movie at all together

I think my boyfriend humored me when we first got together. He actually went to see a horror movie with me, which is shocking because since then he pretty much refuses to go see any horror movie in the theater or even on dvd with me. There's been a few exceptions, but very few. And there's so many movies that come out that I want to see, but I can only get him to the theater about 2-3 times a year if I'm lucky
    Well, a few reasons. One is that they were old movies. Two is that we weren't really watching much of the movie.

2-3 times a year!?! My girlfriend better not be like that or it could be an issue.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Leave No Trace. Well acted, excellent movie, beautiful scenery. Sad what some vets go through. 7/10

The Meg. I liked the idea but felt with better male actors, less comedy, better CGI, and a way better more believable ending, it could have been good. 5/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Leave No Trace. Well acted, excellent movie, beautiful scenery. Sad what some vets go through. 7/10
    Leave No Trace and You Were Never Really Here are two of my favorite films of the year and they are essentially companion pieces if you ask me.

Some might find it interesting that both films are directed by females.

My Mood
    Confused

Leave No Trace and You Were Never Really Here are two of my favorite films of the year and they are essentially companion pieces if you ask me.

Some might find it interesting that both films are directed by females.
    I enjoyed both of them.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

2-3 times a year!?! My girlfriend better not be like that or it could be an issue.
    Believe me, it can be annoying at times. And I swear we'll sit and go through Netflix for literally an hour and won't agree on anything to watch He's big into documentaries, so that's what we watch most, but I need to be interested in the subject matter to watch one of those.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Uh oh... looks like Venom is going to suck

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DONT SAY THIS Why?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

DONT SAY THIS Why?
    Why? Trailers look great.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

P
    DONT SAY THIS Why?
    I thought so too....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

P
    DONT SAY THIS Why?
    I thought so too....
    I think it’s bc Bane has been saying they cut his favorite 20 minutes they filmed from the theatre cut...my guess is that was to get it down to PG-13 rating (and to prime the pump for the inevitable Venomous Cut!!! available only on blu Ray etc) but even so, prob not the ringing endorsement Sony was hoping from Tom

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've thought Venom always looked like it was going to suck.

Of course studios probably cut out the good stuff. When in the FUCK are they going to learn not to meddle? Have they learned NOTHING from past failures? Who even CARES about PG ratings these days? There are more than enough examples from the past several years that rated R films can make a lot of money, and Venom would be no exception.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A Star is Born:

Bring a box of tissue with you. The first reel is so compelling! We know the story, but the way it's depicted, and the acting by Cooper and Lady Gaga make it special. Things hang tight in the 2nd reel, but the 3rd reel drags a bit. Totally forgivable with the dramatic ending.

5.5/6 beers on the RFSRS. Should garner several Oscar nominations, and Lay Gaga has a legit chance to win best actress.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    A Star is Born:

Bring a box of tissue with you. The first reel is so compelling! We know the story, but the way it's depicted, and the acting by Cooper and Lady Gaga make it special. Things hang tight in the 2nd reel, but the 3rd reel drags a bit. Totally forgivable with the dramatic ending.

5.5/6 beers on the RFSRS. Should garner several Oscar nominations, and Lay Gaga has a legit chance to win best actress.
    Completely agree.

From the films I've seen so far, we have an early front runner for multiple Oscars. It's all but assured it will take Original Song and Best Score.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

First October Week With Rose:

Monday, October 1st
    Haunted Castle / Le Manoir Du Diable (short):
    Shannon gave it a 1/5
    Rose gave it a 1/5

Hocus Pocus
    Shannon gave it a 4/5
    Rose gave it a 5/5

Tuesday, October 2nd
    Creature From The Black Lagoon
    Shannon gave it a 2/5
    Rose gave it a 4/5

Wednesday, October 3rd
    First episode of Walking Dead
    Shannon gave it a 5/5
    Rose gave it a 3/5

Thursday, October 4th
    Ring
    Shannon gave it a 3/5
    Rose gave it a 3/5

Lights Out (short)
    Shannon gave it a 4/5
    Rose gave it a 4/5

Friday, October 5th
    Descent
    Shannon gave it a 4/5
    Rose gave it a 5/5

Saturday, October 6th
    House On Haunted Hill (1959)
    Shannon gave it a 2/5
    Rose gave it a 1/5

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just saw Downsizing. What an odd film.

I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how to describe it. It was kind of a comedy, but in parts felt more like satire (can be both, obviously), but then, sometimes it felt like it was satirizing the very points it seemed to be trying to make: Everything matters? Nothing matters? Be true to yourself? Be your brother's keeper? All of this and more - or less, I guess.

In the end, yes, I'd recommend it. Good cast (Damon and Waltz are pretty dependable), interesting and unpredictable story, and although long (around 2:15), it never bogs down.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 326 of 441 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 376 426 ... LastLast