Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 441 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Favourite is really good and Roma is fucking excellent...it was my top film of 2018.
    Roma is indeed incredible. I haven't watched Favourite yet.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    ...And there's no way I'll ever watch Bohemian Rhapsody
    Wait wtf. Why not?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    ...And there's no way I'll ever watch Bohemian Rhapsody
    Wait wtf. Why not?
    Did you forget that I hate Queens music. I could never sit through 2 hrs of it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Favourite is really good and Roma is fucking excellent...it was my top film of 2018.
    Roma is utterly unwatchable. I cannot see what the hype is and I LOVE movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know you well enough to tell you that Roma is not for you.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Roma is utterly unwatchable. I cannot see what the hype is and I LOVE movies.

I know you well enough to tell you that Roma is not for you.
    100% you do my friend. You pretty much will know if I like a movie or not (if you have scene it first)

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And there's no way I'll ever watch Bohemian Rhapsody
    same here, for the same reason

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish you knew how much you broke my heart right now.

100% you do my friend. You pretty much will know if I like a movie or not (if you have scene it first)

Pretty much if there aren't any guns or explosions you ain't down lmao.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish you knew how much you broke my heart right now.

Pretty much if there aren't any guns or explosions you ain't down lmao.
    Not true in the least. That may be the most ignorant thing I have heard you say.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a joke dude. Relax.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"I have nothing to prove to you."

This line is spoken by Brie Larson as Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel, the latest superhero extravaganza. I know this line is meant to be a rallying cry for women and young girls everywhere who have lived in the shadows of their male counterparts. However, I'm not really interested in the social and societal impact of a quote like that.

I love movies and my only objective is to be entertained. For that reason alone, I'm going to use this quote and relate it to Marvel and fans of their films. For over a decade now, Marvel has been pumping out these superhero films like Ford did with the Model-T. Love 'em or hate 'em, they've had an amazingly detailed plan for the future and have done a great job of sticking to the proven formula for success. It works. Kudos.

Have all of the Marvel films been great? No, not even close. I'm looking at you, Ironman 3. Some of them have been just plain boring. Hello, Thor 1 & 2. A few of them have even been fun and fluffy and then completely evaporate from your memory the second you exit the theater. Sorry, both Ant-Man films. That being said, at the end of the day, if you're a fan of Marvel and their films, there's literally no reason in the world that you shouldn't enjoy Captain Marvel.

Marvel has done nothing but provide their fans with countless hours of entertainment in exchange for their hard earned cash. What am I trying to say with all this? Marvel, like our newest badass superhero, has nothing to prove to us.

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Triple Frontier on Netflix. New Ben Alfleck movie. I really like Ben A.... bummer he isn’t Batman anymore. This movie was a lot of fun. I would have paid to see it in theater easily. Not a deep movie but a fun one. 7-5/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out my first movie round-up of the new year, featuring mini-reviews for Captain Marvel, Lego Movie 2, Cold Pursuit and more!

https://tinyurl.com/QuickFlicks19

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Searching

- Concerning a missing teen girl
    - The entire thing (I think) is basically windows on a computer screen, videos of facetime chats, phone call audio, instant messages, internet videos and comments, etc. This sounds like it would get old mighty fast but I barely noticed; it didn't bother me in the least.
    - Starring John Cho (as the teen's father) and Debra Messing (as the lead detective); they do a nice job, things are fairly low key and serious, there's no melodrama here (always a danger with things like this).
    - Cho, FYI, was excellent in season 2 of The Exorcist (the since-cancelled TV show, which was great; Cho was only one of many reasons it should've been renewed). Cho is also one of the reasons I am looking forward to the new Twilight Zone series (assuming I get to see it).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Searching

- Concerning a missing teen girl
    - The entire thing (I think) is basically windows on a computer screen, videos of facetime chats, phone call audio, instant messages, internet videos and comments, etc. This sounds like it would get old mighty fast but I barely noticed; it didn't bother me in the least.
    - Starring John Cho (as the teen's father) and Debra Messing (as the lead detective); they do a nice job, things are fairly low key and serious, there's no melodrama here (always a danger with things like this).
    - Cho, FYI, was excellent in season 2 of The Exorcist (the since-cancelled TV show, which was great; Cho was only one of many reasons it should've been renewed). Cho is also one of the reasons I am looking forward to the new Twilight Zone series (assuming I get to see it).
    I thought Searching was one of the more underrated films of 2018. Very well made film. They took something that could have been just a gimmick and really utilized it perfectly. My only complaint is that

Spoiler:
    as soon as I saw that Messing was in the film, I had a feeling she was going to have something to do with it. She was the only other name brand actor in the film.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfriended did Searching first lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfriended did Searching first lol
    But nowhere near as well!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

US:

Not sure where to go with this. Despite what could have been "deadly" reveals in the trailers for the movie, this film still carries suspense, disbelief, belief, puzzlement, twists (far more than one), humor, and of course the chance to debate its true meanings.

I loved every minute of it, particularly moments where you think you know where it's going, only to be surprised as to where it's really going-for the moment.

5.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Us: four out of five stars.

I'll preface this by saying that I think the first trailer that came out was one of the best trailers I've ever seen, and also, while the world loved Get Out, I thought it was good, but overrated. I WAS impressed by Jordan Peales directing debut though.

I went into Us expecting a masterpiece, and while it was really good, it never really broke into "Holy shit!" brilliance. Again, the direction and camera work stands out, fantastic fantastic fantastic. This guy knows his shit. Unfortunately, I feel the convoluted, yet interesting, background behind the antagonists left the door wide open for too many plot holes. And while there was an explanation for why I felt so disconnected from the main character the entirety of the movie, I felt it was a negative for the movie as you're watching it. I liked it a lot, but I expected a little better.

Country
    Country Flag

US. Still digesting what I seen. Wow... Peele is the next big thing in Hollywood though. He knows how to tell a story. 9/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Also saw Us this weekend. I really enjoyed it. Not quite what I was expecting, but also not sure what I expected. I agree with Shannon, Jordan Peele is an amazing director and one to keep an eye on. It's such a well made film. From the atmosphere, to the music, to the different shots, he's easily one of my current favorite directors.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also saw Us this weekend. I really enjoyed it. Not quite what I was expecting, but also not sure what I expected. I agree with Shannon, Jordan Peele is an amazing director and one to keep an eye on. It's such a well made film. From the atmosphere, to the music, to the different shots, he's easily one of my current favorite directors.
    Us is sure to get a legion of haters as the year goes on, but the fact of the matter is that it's a very well made film as Heather mentioned. It's not as good as Get Out, but it's also very different on a multitude of levels. I also think I have to see this one again because there's a whole lot going on. Peele is a very exciting filmmaker right now.

He sure is. I'm anxiously awaiting word on his next film already

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm not sure if I ever told you guys this but I actually went to about 5-6 live tapings of Key & Peele back in the day. Entrance was free as they were trying to get the word out on these up and coming comedians.

I always found him funny since I first saw him but I had no idea he would blossom into such a creative force.

That's pretty cool!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm not sure if I ever told you guys this but I actually went to about 5-6 live tapings of Key & Peele back in the day. Entrance was free as they were trying to get the word out on these up and coming comedians.

I always found him funny since I first saw him but I had no idea he would blossom into such a creative force.
    That's pretty awesome! Since you guys are really close friends at this point, would it be possible for us to pitch him some movie ideas?

Anyway, I thought about Us all day today. I'm not sure I can wait until the Blu-ray comes out to watch it again. Also, is there a place we can talk spoilers? Is the horror thread the best place for that because I'd love to get some of everyone's thoughts and theories.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 441 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 ... LastLast