Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 431 of 441 FirstFirst ... 331 381 421 429 430 431 432 433 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,775 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I heard it was over 3 hours, and almost exactly like the original except with water. I'll watch this at home; eventually.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched Burning, which is such a terrific film. Meticulously constructed and every choice means something.

Then I watched Contact for the first time in 20 years and it still holds up really well.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Sissy is fantastic. Great fun horror. 3.75/4

What are the best horror movies you've seen from this year?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Just saw “The Menu”, I really enjoyed it. Great social commentary!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Don't Worry Darling was a fine movie, don't get all the hate for it. It's all the extracurriculars that happened outside of the movie probably.

The concept needed a lot more fleshing out but the execution was fine enough. Gets a 3/5 from me.

I think there was a lot of potential for this movie to say something important and it dropped the ball.
    Harry Styles was weak compared to Pugh and Pine, it was very apparent. Ending was rushed.

The film was stunning and there were some great performances, but something was missing for me.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Menu:

A delightful black comedy that skewers super high end restaurants and the people from the top 1% who can afford to dine there, and thus brag about it. At times you sympathize with the Chef and his staff, at others you feel a little for the spoiled diners. In the end they all get what they wanted/deserved.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Spoiler:
    The bread-less bread course was brilliant.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just saw it last night, and I had a very different reaction. 8.5/10 for me. I really enjoyed the water sequences quite a bit. Loved the continued world building.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The Banshees of Inisherin is destined to be one of those films that a lot of people don't see, but I think it's one of the best films of the year. The film is packed with fantastic performances and its relatively basic plot shouldn't be as captivating as it is. It's also one of the more genuinely funny films of the year.

Martin McDonagh doesn't make a lot of films, but so far he hasn't missed.
    I quite agree. This one is really special.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Menu:

A delightful black comedy that skewers super high end restaurants and the people from the top 1% who can afford to dine there, and thus brag about it. At times you sympathize with the Chef and his staff, at others you feel a little for the spoiled diners. In the end they all get what they wanted/deserved.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Spoiler:
    The bread-less bread course was brilliant.
    Very much looking forward to seeing this.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Menu is dropping soon on HBO Max, I believe.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A Christmas Story Christmas

Pretty much the perfect sequel to A Christmas Story, done with all the respect and care toward the original a fan of the original could want, preserving the mood and humor to an amazing extent.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Fabelmans 4/4

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The Menu is dropping soon on HBO Max, I believe.
    Saw it. Solid 3.5, maybe 4 out of 5. I really enjoyed the performances, I get the critique and what it was going for and all that. I wanted it to fully plunge its hands into the absurdity of it all. Felt like it played it a little too safe sometimes.

Also, Anna Taylor Joy is bae.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I caught The Menu this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the trailer was just OK.

I also enjoyed The Pale Blue Eye. The film is directed by one of my favorite directors, Scott Cooper. I love that time period. The film is a slow burn for sure, but the mystery is solid.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

The Banshees of Inisherin 4/4

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The Banshees of Inisherin 4/4
    I really enjoyed that film. Low key, dark wry humor makes the movie so pleasurable. Would rate it 5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Banshees is great. Solid 4/5 for me.

The dialogue was just off the charts good, excellent wry humor as y'all mentioned. I like films that deal with existential dread. Colin and Gleeson have incredibly on screen chemistry together.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The dialogue was just off the charts good, excellent wry humor as y'all mentioned. I like films that deal with existential dread. Colin and Gleeson have incredibly on screen chemistry together.
    Give a whole new meaning to "giving someone the finger" lol

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

OMG. I just realized that, LMAO.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

In the end you almost had to "hand it to him".

The Menu 3.5/4

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Took my daughter to see M3gan. We both loved the campiness of it all. Laughed a lot. Not the horror film I was expecting, but good fun nonetheless. 8/10

I read that it got really big on Tiktok before it's release and the director dialed back some of the gory bits probably because a lot of kids were asking their parents to take them to see it and a possible unrated version is on it's way. A very fun horror flick. A.I. Artificial Intelligence/Child's Play/2001:A Space Odyssey/TikTok 3/4

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally watched Jackass Forever. I laughed a whole lot. 5/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Finally watched Jackass Forever. I laughed a whole lot. 5/5
    I LOVED IT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 431 of 441 FirstFirst ... 331 381 421 429 430 431 432 433 ... LastLast