Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 441 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 408 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

ToyMenAteHer - A mad R&D Mattel scientist invents Kinky Kannibalistic electronic action figures that produce a disastrous result on his new, young wife...oh wait, that was a preview of a coming attraction.

TERMINATOR DARK FATE in E-Max, 9 out of 10
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Thinking about going to the movies this weekend: Terminator or The Lighthouse? Hmm...

See The Lighthouse and then watch T2 at home.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    MALEFICENT MISTRESS OF EVIL in EMAX - 8 out of 10, but I'm in love with Angelina Jolie (without her tattoos), so that explains it.
    I'd fuck her. tats or no.
    Negative rep comment for this? "Really" wtf is that? You people are getting really freaking strange lately. Can't take a joke? Sheesh!!!!

Of course, no name was included. Cowardly bastard!!!
    Open male heterosexuality is frowned upon these days, didn't you know?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

MALEFICENT MISTRESS OF EVIL was actually really good. The graphics were beautiful and the story was decent even though it was predictable. The grandkids loved it also.

Watched Zombieland: Double Tap a couple of days ago. Just as silly and fun as the first one.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Thinking about going to the movies this weekend: Terminator or The Lighthouse? Hmm...

See The Lighthouse and then watch T2 at home.

The Lighthouse is down to one showtime (too early for my weekend!), so Terminator it is.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

DEADWOOD THE MOVIE
    Two blanksucker, blankhair, blankdamn, limpblank, motherblankin thumbs up!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went and saw first "The Lighthouse" and then "Doctor Sleep" back to back yesterday. It made a great double feature. Lighthouse had me spellbound to the very last scene and Doctor Sleep had me from the first four notes.

If "The Shining" has been showing first it would have been a seamless and perfect trifecta.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to read positive reviews about Doctor Sleep.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

4/10 for Doc Sleep. WAY too long. Was really hoping for more..... but not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got tickets for Doctor Sleep Sunday morning. Looking forward to it. I was pretty indifferent to the film since I haven't read the book and The Shining is such a classic, but I have too much faith in Mike Flanagan to believe it won't be a solid film.

I'm also extremely excited to check out Noah Baumbach's new film Marriage Story starring ScarJo and Adam Driver. I'm a huge Baumbach fan and While We're Young was excellent so I have sky high expectations for this one.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Parasite is a masterfully crafted film. Proof of a director firing on all cylinders with supreme confidence in his field.

I'm surprised more people here aren't gushing about it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't even think it came by me, which is weird because my AMC had a huge Parasite banner inside the theater.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Parasite is a masterfully crafted film. Proof of a director firing on all cylinders with supreme confidence in his field.

The last five minutes hurt it for me. Excellent film despite that.

I saw Doctor Sleep today. A very solid flick. Flanagan proves again that he's a top tier genre filmmaker. Solid performances. Looking forward to watching it again. Going to do a double feature of it and The Shining.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I rarely post about movies that I watch, mainly because I don't know how to talk eloquently about what I see other than I liked it or I didn't like it. I really liked Parasite. It's certainly one of the best films of the year, no doubt. Almost every performance was perfect, the tone shift is beautifully done, and it's beautiful to look at. This should be nominated for lots of Oscars, think Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing, Music, Director, Picture. I don't like rating films, but I like ranking them. This isn't number one of the year for me, I don't think, but it's very close. Maybe in the top three.
    I've seen you say that before and it never makes sense to me. Who says you have to talk eloquently about a film?

I don't care how well you convey your thoughts on a film, I just want to hear how much you liked or disliked a certain film. I don't give two shits about how eloquent you sound.
    I can relate to Mae, though. Not to put words in her mouth, but for myself, I will react to a film positively or negatively without much real time analysis, and then struggle to explain that reaction later.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bro we been gushing about it. Parasite is so last page of this thread-ago.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Hardly. Divemaster gave it a 3.5 and you gave it an 8/10. Those are good scores, but certainly not great. Matt is the only one that gave it a perfect score.

For me, it's not only one of the best films of the year, but one of the best films of the decade. That's not the after movie high talking either.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hardly. Divemaster gave it a 3.5 and you gave it an 8/10. Those are good scores, but certainly not great. Matt is the only one that gave it a perfect score.

For me, it's not only one of the best films of the year, but one of the best films of the decade. That's not the after movie high talking either.
    Wow... maybe I’ll have to give it another go. I shut it off.... lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not giving it a 10 is not indicative of me not loving it. I don't dole out 10's lavishly. I also listed it as one of my top 3 films of the year.

and you know damn well I can't trust your knee jerk reactions to films my friend - you are too susceptible to post movie-sex highs

Country
    Country Flag

post movie-sex highs
    Is that a technical term?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm coining it now lol.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not giving it a 10 is not indicative of me not loving it. I don't dole out 10's lavishly. I also listed it as one of my top 3 films of the year.

and you know damn well I can't trust your knee jerk reactions to films my friend - you are too susceptible to post movie-sex highs
    We all are. A film that is an 8 is in your top 3? What are the other two films and what do you rate them?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Midsommar and Lighthouse. All 3 got around the same score.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Doctor Sleep:

I'm not always sure when a movie crosses the line between being an homage, and plagiarizing, but this movie comes awfully close to just ripping off Kubrick's The Shining. Weighing in at a whopping 152 minutes, yet terribly short on character development, it could be an ass burner for anyone other than a Stephen King, or Stanley Kubrick fan. Ewen McGregor does a fine job as the adult Danny Torrance, and Rebecca Ferguson nails Rose The Hat (as did former member Twisted Nadine when she came to the King signing in Colorado).

3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Note: The child torture/murder scene might be a turnoff for some viewers.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Doctor Sleep:

I'm not always sure when a movie crosses the line between being an homage, and plagiarizing, but this movie comes awfully close to just ripping off Kubrick's The Shining. Weighing in at a whopping 159 minutes, yet terribly short on character development, it's could be an ass burner for anyone other than a Stephen King, or Stanley Kubrick fan. Ewen McGregor does a fine job as the adult Danny Torrance, and Rebecca Ferguson nails Rose The Hat (as did former member Twisted Nadine when she came to the King signing in Colorado).

3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Note: The child torture/murder scene might be a turnoff for some viewers.
    Nailed it. Pretty much how I felt.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 441 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 408 ... LastLast