2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser
+ Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 284 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 7086

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

The Gunslinger fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    With all that crazy action, my favorite scene might have been the scene in the
    Spoiler:
    subway when Keanu is on the lower level and Common is up top and they are taking real sly pot shots at each other while everybody is walking around unknowingly.
    Such a cool scene.
    Lol. That scene was bad ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    With all that crazy action, my favorite scene might have been the scene in the
    Spoiler:
    subway when Keanu is on the lower level and Common is up top and they are taking real sly pot shots at each other while everybody is walking around unknowingly.
    Such a cool scene.
    Lol. That scene was bad ass.
    IT was so good.. because it was never done before.. like a lot of what you seen in the movie.. which, to me, made it sooooo damm special!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I really really enjoyed John Wick. Movie was great for Canoe Reeves (my friends call him that). He is by far not a great actor, but this movie suited him extremely well. And yes Mike, Matt, and Kris are right, it is awesome to see a damn good action film for once. But let's not forget the remake of Mad Max. That was a damn good action film too.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

The Gunslinger fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Fuuuuuuuuh how could I forget Mad Max.

Okay, John Wick is my 2nd favorite action movie of the last 5 years.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nope. Mad Max is not as good... I liked it but I LOVED Wick2. WICK IS SICK. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Alls fair n lve n cld war Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I think I shut it off about 30 mins in, but I was drinking pretty heavy with a friend. It just wasn't doing it for us that night.
    That sucks. At 31 minutes, all hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    But let's not forget the remake of Mad Max. That was a damn good action film too.
    Indeed. Believe me, I will never forget Fury Road.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a name known to all Mattrick is a name known to all Mattrick is a name known to all Mattrick is a name known to all Mattrick is a name known to all Mattrick is a name known to all Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. 1 minute more.

Oh, I'm goin' slap happy! I'm goin' slap slap happy! Slappity slapping ya, teachin' ya a lesson for comin' in my house!

My Mood
    Relaxed

wat

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Got advance tickets to Ghost in the Shell in two weeks, so happy lol

Avast ye scurvy dogs! Donate thy booty to thee Haven Fund. Arrrr! Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Ironically, that movie has been accused of whitewashing.

My Mood
    Relaxed

It won't hold a candle to the origial obviously, but it's extremely difficult for me to pass up on high concept sci fi like this. Especially when I'm such a huge fan of the source material.

Will definitely be watching this.

My Mood
    Lurking

Let us know how it is. It looks great and I was always a fan of the story and obviously the anime.

Alls fair n lve n cld war Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to say it, but I don't think you had to worry about buying advanced tickets.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Lol. Yeah you're probably right.

J. Peterman Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Shannon meant a free screening (at least that's how I read it).

I dont think Ill ever be able to forget Susie. Most of all, I will never forget that one night, working late
    on the catalog. Just the two of us. And we surrendered to temptation. And it was pretty good. - J. Peterman

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I think Shannon meant a free screening (at least that's how I read it).
    Now that's different! That's pretty awesome.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, free advance screening. And after reading the thing a little more, it looks like it's not going to be the whole movie, but a tease. We'll see, but sounds interesting.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and advancescreenings.com, for anyone curious.

J. Peterman Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was looking at the same thing a few days ago for one in my area, then saw the fine print, "this will not be the whole movie."

I dont think Ill ever be able to forget Susie. Most of all, I will never forget that one night, working late
    on the catalog. Just the two of us. And we surrendered to temptation. And it was pretty good. - J. Peterman

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just viewed "A Cure For Wellness". My head is spinning a bit. At 2.5 hours it was a bit slow to develop, and sometimes tough to discern (correctly) when a scene was a dream, reality, or a fusion of the two.
    Very early on (no spoiler, don't worry), there is the most gorgeous scene of a train coming around a bend and entering a tunnel in the Swiss Alps. The perfect reflection bifurcates the image and provides a hint to what lies ahead.
    The ending is a mix of fantasy. and an interesting allegory on Wall Street greed, incest, fables, etc.

4/6 beers on the RFSRS. It might grow on me. Still happy to have viewed it uninterrupted (and for $3.99) at the local theater.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just viewed "A Cure For Wellness". My head is spinning a bit. At 2.5 hours it was a bit slow to develop, and sometimes tough to discern (correctly) when a scene was a dream, reality, or a fusion of the two.
    Very early on (no spoiler, don't worry), there is the most gorgeous scene of a train coming around a bend and entering a tunnel in the Swiss Alps. The perfect reflection bifurcates the image and provides a hint to what lies ahead.
    The ending is a mix of fantasy. and an interesting allegory on Wall Street greed, incest, fables, etc.

4/6 beers on the RFSRS. It might grow on me. Still happy to have viewed it uninterrupted (and for $3.99) at the local theater.
    I'm glad you liked it, you're the first person I've heard that has seen it. I'm hearing mixed reviews from some critics.

I'm thinking it's one of those movies that will grow in popularity with time.

I'm really intrigued to see it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going to see it tomorrow strictly based on the gorgeous cinematography in the trailer.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Going to see it tomorrow strictly based on the gorgeous cinematography in the trailer.
    Yeah, at the very least I feel that will be the main standout from the film.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Without a doubt the cinematography is excellent. The film saturation made colors either vibrant, or (hospital) antiseptic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 284 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 ... LastLast