2018 DT.Org Fundraiser-The Last Hurrah!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 308 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308
Results 7,676 to 7,683 of 7683

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watched The Cloverfield Paradox last night. It wasn't absolutely abysmal, but it was pretty bad. Terrible script, jarring editing, tonally erratic. Not to mention paper-thin characters. There were a good handful of times where I could see the obvious "lifting" of certain scenes from other space movies. Take away the few, paltry scenes on Earth and you'd never know it was a Cloverfield movie. A prime case of a pre-existing script being poorly retrofitted to fit in the Cloverfield universe (which I guess it now becoming a thing).
    I'm with you, it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. I like the term retrofitted that you used. I'm not sure if it's something you came up with or if it's what Hollywood is using for this method of filmmaking, but it's perfect.

The retrofitting of the screenplay wasn't my biggest issue. In fact, I loved 10 Cloverfield Lane and that film did the same thing. The screenplay was originally meant for a stand-alone film called The Shelter. They sprinkled in some Cloverfield stuff and BAM! We have a sequel (prequel whatever). My issue with Paradox is it only exists to give the filmmakers carte blanche to make as many Cloverfield films without ever having to worry about continuity from here on out. The single line of heavy-handed exposition with the guy talking on the news explains it all when he says it could change the past and the future in multiple dimensions.

Now they can take any dusty screenplay off of the shelf and slap the Cloverfield name on it and anything that doesn't seem to fit the filmmakers can say,"Different dimensions, bro."

A perfect example of this is the other Cloverfield film that is set to come out later this year. The setting - World War II. The Defense rests.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Blade Runner 2049 is so damn good. I saw it twice in the theaters and would go see it again if it were still playing. Total blasphemy to say but I like it better than the first Blade Runner.
    The Evil Empire!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

Raised to Give Up Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm with you, it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. I like the term retrofitted that you used. I'm not sure if it's something you came up with or if it's what Hollywood is using for this method of filmmaking, but it's perfect.

The retrofitting of the screenplay wasn't my biggest issue. In fact, I loved 10 Cloverfield Lane and that film did the same thing. The screenplay was originally meant for a stand-alone film called The Shelter. They sprinkled in some Cloverfield stuff and BAM! We have a sequel (prequel whatever). My issue with Paradox is it only exists to give the filmmakers carte blanche to make as many Cloverfield films without ever having to worry about continuity from here on out. The single line of heavy-handed exposition with the guy talking on the news explains it all when he says it could change the past and the future in multiple dimensions.

Now they can take any dusty screenplay off of the shelf and slap the Cloverfield name on it and anything that doesn't seem to fit the filmmakers can say,"Different dimensions, bro."

A perfect example of this is the other Cloverfield film that is set to come out later this year. The setting - World War II. The Defense rests.
    I loved 10 Cloverfield Lane. It was a great movie (characters, pacing, suspense, all around) in its own right. Paradox just about failed on all those points.

And speaking of the new film coming out int the Cloverfield "universe," I find it interesting that Paramount will be releasing that one in theaters. I know they dumped Paradox to make it instantly profitable, but it kind of smells of them not having much faith in it to release it in theaters.
    Reilly: "Hey, George, the ocean called. They're running out of shrimp."

George: "Oh, yeah, Reilly? Well, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"

Breaker Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Blade Runner 2049 is so damn good. I saw it twice in the theaters and would go see it again if it were still playing. Total blasphemy to say but I like it better than the first Blade Runner.

Vagrant Dead ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

THE 15:17 TO PARIS - 6.75 out of 10
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Vagrant Dead ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

WINCHESTER - 8 out of 10 (Despite annoyances from the theater [bright emergency lights on the first 7 minutes of the movie], and some too talkative patrons, I still really liked it)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Grace Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

Oh, that's good to hear. I want to see it but saw it was getting some bad reviews.

Raised to Give Up Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It definitely wasn't as good as I was hoping. There was so much they could've done with Sarah and the house but the finished product was more of the generic ghost/haunting stories we've seen before. It was entertaining overall, but I was a little disappointed in the wasted potential.
    Reilly: "Hey, George, the ocean called. They're running out of shrimp."

George: "Oh, yeah, Reilly? Well, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 308 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308