Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 441 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Rambo was awful. The 2008 Rambo was so much better.

You can read my satirical review here: https://matthewblivingston.wixsite.c...evenge-fantasy
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I see You. Hmmmmm..... I got this flick on a member’s recommendation but alas... I did not feel the same way he did. 5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No way, boooooooooooooo! Lol what didn't you like about it?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

You can read my satirical review here: https://matthewblivingston.wixsite.c...evenge-fantasy

Of course you hate it. You can't have fun watching a movie. We all learned this in the Star Wars thread.

Old News, dude

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Lighthouse .... 2 hours of great acting BUT a ridiculous plot and silly premise. Just these two keepers fighting and arguing the whole time. 6.5/10. And should be lower but the actors saved it a bit here

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Of course you hate it. You can't have fun watching a movie. We all learned this in the Star Wars thread.

Old News, dude
    I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, flaws and all. 7.5/10

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Cats, yes, Cats. My youngest daughter is obsessed with Taylor Swift, so we had to go. The local paper gave it a horrible review, .5/4 stars. I went in with really low expectations. It was truly watchable. Ian McKellen was quite excellent. I'd give it a 6/10.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Old News, dude

Since when did 'having fun' mean 'ignoring everything you don't like and being dishonest with yourself to feign enjoyment'? I have plenty of fun watching movies. I'm on my way to spend the rest of tonight having fun watching The Irishman with my friend, just as we had fun the other night watching Marriage Story. We find good movies enhances our fun.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Lighthouse .... 2 hours of great acting BUT a ridiculous plot and silly premise. Just these two keepers fighting and arguing the whole time. 6.5/10. And should be lower but the actors saved it a bit here

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's about what I gave it. 4.5/6 = 7/10

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Irishman was a good film, but I didn't love it as others do. Then again, Scorsese's mob films haven't hit with me as they have with others. The performances were all really good, however. It was kind of interesting seeing all three of these guys play against their more typical characters when it comes to Scorsese's mob stuff. I thought the first hour was really strong and the last 30 minutes were really strong. It sagged a bit in the middle for me. The de-aging stuff didn't bother me at all and I hardly noticed it...except when Middle-aged DeNiro beat the guy up with the veracity of 75 year old DeNiro that I kind of noticed it. It made me glad they didn't have DeNiro doing too much physicality because that was the only time his age showed when he was younger in the film. I think the only real problem I had with the film was the pacing. I like nice and slow films, but there were parts that weren't particularly engaging or entertaining and some of the banter just didn't work for me, like the stuff about the fish, which normally don't really faze me, but when the film is 200 minutes long, you feel it more. A lot of the film felt inert, which I suppose is by design as it's a reflective piece about old men growing old; even some of the scenes with big crowds and screaming and lots of stuff happening on the screen lacked the energy of similar scenes in Wolf of Wall Street from just a few years ago. I imagine if I were a bigger fan of his mob flicks that intangible I felt this film to be lacking wouldn't be lacking, but such as it is. More than anything, it's the kind of film I will rewatch and hope to appreciate it more because I have a feeling there is a lot to appreciate here, too much to cover on one viewing.

4/5

Ari Aster had some great words to say on The Irishman: https://variety.com/2019/film/spotli...qXIjMe9RCSzNPI

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

It's an easy 5/5 for me. My favourite film of the year as it stands. I can't wait to watch it again.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's an easy 5/5 for me. My favourite film of the year as it stands. I can't wait to watch it again.
    You have got to be kidding me. Man I cannot get you..... to hate Star Wars and love this? Yeah that makes no sense. We are talking the same film right? B/W and 2 hours of them bantering back and forth?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Agreed. The acting was stellar and the storyline was quite underperforming.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Agreed. He looked so old it was hard to watch a 97 year old man attempting to run around and kill the bad guys.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

Agreed. He looked so old it was hard to watch a 97 year old man attempting to run around and kill the bad guys.
    Yep, was hard to look at him, he looked like claymation. Story was predictable and out there. I would still have watched knowing all this, it’s Rambo
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lighthouse is my No. 2 of the year, right behind Midsommar. That movie is freakin mesmerizing. Just waiting for it to drop on Amazon Prime so I can watch it again.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Lighthouse is my No. 2 of the year, right behind Midsommar. That movie is freakin mesmerizing. Just waiting for it to drop on Amazon Prime so I can watch it again.
    The acting was. I agree. Nothing more was.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The acting. The atmosphere. The dialogue. The cinematography. On and on and onnnnnnnnn

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The acting. The atmosphere. The dialogue. The cinematography. On and on and onnnnnnnnn
    I will give cinematography... that was good too. But you need a story and a plot. Sorry... I am shocked anyone would put this at the top of their list or even in the top 10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The story and the plot of The Lighthouse was two men in isolation going insane together.

Country
    Country Flag

The story and the plot of The Lighthouse was two men in isolation going insane together.
    If you say so.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=webstar1000;1177330]
    I don't know else the plot could be. Everything else is down to character development and theme.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Knives Out is a solid flick. The kind of movie that relies on the acting to pull off and the cast did a remarkable job. The plot is intriguing, but not the most intriguing mystery film I've seen, but it has some fun with the tropes of the murder mystery genre. As I write this I went on IMDB to get the name of the central actress to see a video about Rian Johnson talking about the perfect plot twist and I will say there wasn't any twist in Knives Out that wasn't obvious at all or not too far off what I assumed. I think the major flaw of the film is it so bluntly highlights certain things that there really isn't much mystery and the final bits of the exposition are a little convoluted, but Craig is so entertaining during it that I forgave the film. It's hard for me to criticize a film harshly for being too structured in an age where the average film can't even be assed to half-ass structure.

If you're looking for a dense mystery full of twists and turns, Knives Out isn't it (though it may surprise you more than it did me), but if you want to see a fine ensemble chew the scenery and have fun for two hours, then Knives Out is it. That's why I went to see it, and I was satisfied with what I got.

4/5

Country
    Country Flag

Knives Out is a solid flick. The kind of movie that relies on the acting to pull off and the cast did a remarkable job. The plot is intriguing, but not the most intriguing mystery film I've seen, but it has some fun with the tropes of the murder mystery genre. As I write this I went on IMDB to get the name of the central actress to see a video about Rian Johnson talking about the perfect plot twist and I will say there wasn't any twist in Knives Out that wasn't obvious at all or not too far off what I assumed. I think the major flaw of the film is it so bluntly highlights certain things that there really isn't much mystery and the final bits of the exposition are a little convoluted, but Craig is so entertaining during it that I forgave the film. It's hard for me to criticize a film harshly for being too structured in an age where the average film can't even be assed to half-ass structure.

If you're looking for a dense mystery full of twists and turns, Knives Out isn't it (though it may surprise you more than it did me), but if you want to see a fine ensemble chew the scenery and have fun for two hours, then Knives Out is it. That's why I went to see it, and I was satisfied with what I got.

4/5
    I felt the same way. Any recommendations for a good who done it plot twist film? That was my only complaint about this as well.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I felt the same way. Any recommendations for a good who done it plot twist film? That was my only complaint about this as well.

Matchstick Men is a good one though not quite a whodunnit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 441 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 ... LastLast