+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 343 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 8560

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

  1. #8526
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    12,296
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Watched a bunch of movies recently

    Free Solo 5/5 - Excellent movie. Definitely deserving of its Oscar win. It follows a climber who attempts to climb up El Capitan without ropes! Even though I knew the outcome this film was so intense and nerve wracking. I was so nervous to even watch parts of it.

    The Dawn Wall 4/5 - After watching Free Solo we watched this movie that recently came to Netflix. It follows 2 climbers who attempt to be the first two to climb the dawn wall portion of El Capitan. While not as insane as Free Solo this one was still really interesting.

    78/52 - 5/5 A good breakdown of the shower scene from Psycho. Definitely recommend to any film lover out there.

    Green Book - 3/5 I enjoyed it. I guess I'm not shocked it won best picture, although I haven't watched all the films yet. My favorite out of the ones I've seen so far. Next up is The Favourite.

    Pet Semetary - Well I wasn't expecting to like this one so I guess I'm not really disappointed. I didn't really care for it at all. They changed a lot and I feel like the main theme of the book, dealing with grief and the loss of loved ones really seemed to be missing from this one. It felt like just another forgettable generic horror film that's been getting put out these days. Also like RF mentioned I'm so confused as to why they spoiled a key thing in the trailer because it was filmed in such a way as it was meant to shock you, but there was no shock because you already knew it happened. Leads me to further believe that they should only release teaser trailers because they typically give away way too much.
    WELL said on the grief thing. I felt that was the biggest part of Pet S when I read it back in the day. It was so missing here from the movie. Horror movies are all the same. I loved US and before that? IT was the last one I liked... I detest 80% of them.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  2. #8527
    Goldmember Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,457
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Free Solo 5/5 - Excellent movie. Definitely deserving of its Oscar win. It follows a climber who attempts to climb up El Capitan without ropes! Even though I knew the outcome this film was so intense and nerve wracking. I was so nervous to even watch parts of it.
    Exactly how I felt, too. I knew the ending (to a degree), but it was still so tense. I can't get over how he did that with no ropes. Some of those "handholds" he was using were like the size of pebbles!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Pet Semetary - Well I wasn't expecting to like this one so I guess I'm not really disappointed. I didn't really care for it at all. They changed a lot and I feel like the main theme of the book, dealing with grief and the loss of loved ones really seemed to be missing from this one. It felt like just another forgettable generic horror film that's been getting put out these days. Also like RF mentioned I'm so confused as to why they spoiled a key thing in the trailer because it was filmed in such a way as it was meant to shock you, but there was no shock because you already knew it happened. Leads me to further believe that they should only release teaser trailers because they typically give away way too much.
    Oh man. Bummer. You pretty much included all my fears about what this movie would be. I'm going to lower my expectations ever further now.
    With one chance to go back...
    who would you save?


    Pre-order my book here: Showtime

  3. #8528
    Rebel Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    WELL said on the grief thing. I felt that was the biggest part of Pet S when I read it back in the day. It was so missing here from the movie. Horror movies are all the same. I loved US and before that? IT was the last one I liked... I detest 80% of them.
    I know. I love horror movies, but I rarely go to see them in theaters these days. I even skip most of them once they hit dvd. They're just all the same. However there's a few gems in the mix. I really enjoyed US as well. Have you seen Hereditary yet? If not I'd highly recommend that. It's a slow burn, but that one actually flat out terrified me. It was so tense. And that's really hard to come by in horror films these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Free Solo 5/5 - Excellent movie. Definitely deserving of its Oscar win. It follows a climber who attempts to climb up El Capitan without ropes! Even though I knew the outcome this film was so intense and nerve wracking. I was so nervous to even watch parts of it.
    Exactly how I felt, too. I knew the ending (to a degree), but it was still so tense. I can't get over how he did that with no ropes. Some of those "handholds" he was using were like the size of pebbles!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Pet Semetary - Well I wasn't expecting to like this one so I guess I'm not really disappointed. I didn't really care for it at all. They changed a lot and I feel like the main theme of the book, dealing with grief and the loss of loved ones really seemed to be missing from this one. It felt like just another forgettable generic horror film that's been getting put out these days. Also like RF mentioned I'm so confused as to why they spoiled a key thing in the trailer because it was filmed in such a way as it was meant to shock you, but there was no shock because you already knew it happened. Leads me to further believe that they should only release teaser trailers because they typically give away way too much.
    Oh man. Bummer. You pretty much included all my fears about what this movie would be. I'm going to lower my expectations ever further now.
    Yes, my expectations were fairly low. But then I started hearing good things so I thought it might be better than I was anticipating, but sadly I wasn't a fan. Maybe you'll enjoy it more than me though.

    As for Alex, I still can't even understand how that's even possible to do. He's like a real life spider man
    "Only the gentle are ever really strong."

  4. #8529
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,436
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Last movie - Pet Sematary - I've had a week to reflect on this now...I give it a C+. The "big change" really didn't detract from the movie or story ( to ME. Maybe it was the whiskey sours though). In the end it was nothing to write home about
    He gave his life for us he fell upon the cross
    To die for all of those who never mourn his loss
    It wasn't meant for us to feel the pain again
    - Iron Maiden - For The Greater Good of God

  5. #8530
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    39,196
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Shazam:


    Viewed in XD.


    Cute and mildly amusing story and performances. I must say that I'm suffering a bit of superhero fatigue. Endless battles, and the introduction of new superheroes is approaching the ridiculous.


    3.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

  6. #8531
    Servant of Gan Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hagerstown, IN
    Posts
    1,892
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Marwen- It was ok but very strange, Carrolls' cup of tea in most movies he in in. Not for everyone but I have seen worse (Birdman). 2/6
    Wish List:
    Carrie 1st/1st
    The Gunslinger 1st/1st

  7. #8532
    Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,597
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Light It Up. 5/5

    Came out about twenty years ago (wow) but it never really approached my radar. Put it on a few nights ago before I went to bed and wow. Just wow. Fantastic movie. If you're a fan of Dangerous Minds, The Principal, and the tv show Boston Public, check this movie out. Don't read a synopsis, don't look at the cast list (pleasantly surprised with a bunch of familiar actors), just go into it blind.

  8. #8533
    Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    6,833
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Marwen- It was ok but very strange, Carrolls' cup of tea in most movies he in in. Not for everyone but I have seen worse (Birdman). 2/6
    You're saying you enjoyed Welcome to Marwen more than Birdman?


  9. #8534
    Servant of Gan Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hagerstown, IN
    Posts
    1,892
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Yes. I hated Birdman more than About Schmidt
    Wish List:
    Carrie 1st/1st
    The Gunslinger 1st/1st

  10. #8535
    Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,597
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Just the way most scenes were shot in Birdman should make most people appreciate the movie.

  11. #8536
    Servant of Gan Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hagerstown, IN
    Posts
    1,892
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Nope, story was really bad. Two hours of my life lost on bad writing and good camera work
    Wish List:
    Carrie 1st/1st
    The Gunslinger 1st/1st

  12. #8537
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    39,196
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Just the way most scenes were shot in Birdman should make most people appreciate the movie.
    I loved the movie. Technical aspects were superior, and the story and acting were also great.

  13. #8538
    Trust me. fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Skynet
    Posts
    18,746
    My Mood
    Goofy

    Default

    Birdman is a technical wonder, and while I enjoyed it immensely I could see why some people wouldn't.
    (metallic SFX intensifies)

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  14. #8539
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    7,374
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Yes. I hated Birdman more than About Schmidt
    Wait wait wait wait.... You hated About Schmidt? :O That's possible?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

  15. #8540
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    7,374
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I could tell from the trailer Pet Semetary would suck and the themes of the book would be lost. Then it seems like they added more crap to it. And then the trailer showed it's Achilles Heel. Sad!

    Instead of seeing Pet Semetary, I'm going to see Howl's Moving Castle instead.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

  16. #8541
    Servant of Gan Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hagerstown, IN
    Posts
    1,892
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    A nude scene with Kathy Bates and Jack Nicholson, should have had a warning on the screen beforehand
    Wish List:
    Carrie 1st/1st
    The Gunslinger 1st/1st

  17. #8542
    Rebel Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I could tell from the trailer Pet Semetary would suck and the themes of the book would be lost. Then it seems like they added more crap to it. And then the trailer showed it's Achilles Heel. Sad!

    Instead of seeing Pet Semetary, I'm going to see Howl's Moving Castle instead.
    Good choice. It was playing in theaters here the other week but I didn't get a chance to go
    "Only the gentle are ever really strong."

  18. #8543
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    7,374
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    A nude scene with Kathy Bates and Jack Nicholson, should have had a warning on the screen beforehand

    That's one of the best parts of the movie!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

  19. #8544
    Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,597
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Echoing Jerome, Rose and I saw Shazam! an hour or so ago, and while I laughed and found the numerous parts numerous, any and all "straight" parts just weren't that good. Like ... did the forgettable bad guy even have a name besides Thaddeus? Lol

  20. #8545
    Servant of Gan RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,804
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    A nude scene with Kathy Bates and Jack Nicholson, should have had a warning on the screen beforehand

    That's one of the best parts of the movie!
    Which is a sad statement about the quality of the movie. I am with Garrell on this because that movie bored the hell out of me. The only thing I actually remember of it is the nude scene because at least that was surprising.

  21. #8546
    Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    6,833
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Echoing Jerome, Rose and I saw Shazam! an hour or so ago, and while I laughed and found the numerous parts numerous, any and all "straight" parts just weren't that good. Like ... did the forgettable bad guy even have a name besides Thaddeus? Lol
    I like Mark Strong in everything.

  22. #8547
    Servant of Gan allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,661
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    A nude scene with Kathy Bates and Jack Nicholson, should have had a warning on the screen beforehand

    That's one of the best parts of the movie!
    Funny as it actually was, and horrific at the same time. It still gives me nightmares.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

  23. #8548
    Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,597
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Echoing Jerome, Rose and I saw Shazam! an hour or so ago, and while I laughed and found the numerous parts numerous, any and all "straight" parts just weren't that good. Like ... did the forgettable bad guy even have a name besides Thaddeus? Lol
    I like Mark Strong in everything.
    As do I, but I meant his codename. Just looked it up, apparently his name was Doctor Sivana
    .

  24. #8549
    Trust me. fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Skynet
    Posts
    18,746
    My Mood
    Goofy

    Default

    Aquaman

    I am amazed, freaking AMAZED that this film grossed over a billion dollars at the box office. This might be the worst comic book movie I've ever seen. It is almost insultingly bad. Nothing works here. Not the acting, the cheesy ham fisted dialogue, special effects. Only reason I finished it is because I paid $3.99 to rent it lol. Wow, just wow.

    1/5
    (metallic SFX intensifies)

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  25. #8550
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    12,296
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Aquaman

    I am amazed, freaking AMAZED that this film grossed over a billion dollars at the box office. This might be the worst comic book movie I've ever seen. It is almost insultingly bad. Nothing works here. Not the acting, the cheesy ham fisted dialogue, special effects. Only reason I finished it is because I paid $3.99 to rent it lol. Wow, just wow.

    1/5
    1/5? Come on man. Lol you should have seen in the theatre. It was fun on the big screen!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 343 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts