Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 441 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Berserk is most definitely not a cartoon. Neither is Akira. Or Ghost in the Shell. Or Grave of the Fireflies. Or Nausicaa. Most Ghibli Studio productions are adult films with mature themes.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Made for adults or not... Those are all cartoons.

Cartoon: a motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects.

Don't get the negative connotation of the word cartoon... Like debating a graphic novel isn't a comic book.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I was pointing out the negative connotation the word "cartoon" has. I do, however, believe that a cartoon and an animated film aren't always the same, just like not every graphic novel is a comic book. If the whole story is told at once and sold as such, that's a graphic novel. The difference is subtle but it does exist. "Graphic novel" is a term people who read comics but don't want to admit it.

Are CGI heavy movies cartoons?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    YES I do... however... I just don't love them. Some are ok but there is something about them I cannot get into. Not sure what but I WILL watch the Spiderman movie and I doubt it will be the best comic book movie ever...that is for sure.
    Well, to each his own.

I will watch Polar too, but I doubt it will be my favorite film of the year... that is for sure.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I was pointing out the negative connotation the word "cartoon" has. I do, however, believe that a cartoon and an animated film aren't always the same, just like not every graphic novel is a comic book. If the whole story is told at once and sold as such, that's a graphic novel. The difference is subtle but it does exist. "Graphic novel" is a term people who read comics but don't want to admit it.

Are CGI heavy movies cartoons?
    So far..... don’t forget that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    YES I do... however... I just don't love them. Some are ok but there is something about them I cannot get into. Not sure what but I WILL watch the Spiderman movie and I doubt it will be the best comic book movie ever...that is for sure.
    Well, to each his own.

I will watch Polar too, but I doubt it will be my favorite film of the year... that is for sure.
    I have no dog in this race but have had this convo many times over the years. FWIW, the great Mads Mikkelsen of Polar fame says that graphic novels are non-superhero stories (no capes) and trade paperbacks are compilation of cape/cowl comic books.

And George Carlin says that when America has a condition, it treats the language and not the condition

And the folks on Madison Ave say that cartoons are defined as the thing you watch between sugary cereal and toy commercials

Also I think Spider-Man sucks (Daredevil for life bitches), but the Spider Verse movie was really really really good

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I saw Martin Scorsese's movie Hugo. I thought it was perfect and the cast was excellent. I would give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hugo is excellent. I was glad to have seen it in 3D.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrika View Post
    I saw Martin Scorsese's movie Hugo. I thought it was perfect and the cast was excellent. I would give it 5 out of 5 stars.
    Hugo was one of the few films that utilized 3D to the best of its ability.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cold Pursuit. Reminded me of a Tarantino movie... an old one and a cross with Fargo. I really enjoyed it and laughed. LOT. 8/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw They Shall Not Grow Old again, this time in 3D, and what a different experience it was. It was definitely the way it film should be seen. The soldiers with that depth of field feel like paper cutouts, like if they turned, they'd vanish from sight altogether. Really added an eerie effect, as if watching ghosts.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I saw They Shall Not Grow Old again, this time in 3D, and what a different experience it was. It was definitely the way it film should be seen. The soldiers with that depth of field feel like paper cutouts, like if they turned, they'd vanish from sight altogether. Really added an eerie effect, as if watching ghosts.
    I just got back from it. It wasn't in 3D, but I thought it was pretty amazing. It's a technical marvel how they were able to restore that film to that quality. Honestly, it looks like it was filmed yesterday. Let me ask you, did your screening have the 30 minute making-of after the credits? I wasn't sure if that was on every screening.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I just got back from it. It wasn't in 3D, but I thought it was pretty amazing. It's a technical marvel how they were able to restore that film to that quality. Honestly, it looks like it was filmed yesterday. Let me ask you, did your screening have the 30 minute making-of after the credits? I wasn't sure if that was on every screening.

I don't think the original 2-Day Fathom event had the 30 minute documentary after, but I also don't if know if it had Peter Jackson talking at the start as me and my friend arrived just before the title appeared. I would've stayed and watched it, but my friend was exhausted. I'm sure it's the sort of thing that will be easy enough to find on youtube in the coming months and I'll check it out then. I'm pretty sure every screening had the mini-doc after the credits this time around though.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I viewed the 2-D version and Jackson appeared before the movie began, and there was the documentary post credits.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cold Pursuit:

Viewed today on Large Screen with Dolby Atmos.

Something about this Liam Neeson revenge movie didn't click. Several subplots (white yuppie gangster against American Indian dope dealers, young female cop wanting to investigate trouble in small ski town versus aging veteran who wants no trouble-and most unbelievable of all (
    Spoiler:
    Two of Yuppie gangsters being gay and making out right behind other henchmen, kidnapped child genius says he is undergoing "Stockholm Sydrom", then drives a snowplow massive truck...WTF?
    ), combine to make a bit of a mess.
    Most unforgiving is that the Director plays Neeson straight and thus there is little or none of the wry humor associated with other Neeson "Taken" style movies.

3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Mile 22. Decent Wahlburg action flick. Goes by fast and is enjoyable. 3/6
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Cold Pursuit:

Something about this Liam Neeson revenge movie didn't click. Several subplots (white yuppie gangster against American Indian dope dealers, young female cop wanting to investigate trouble in small ski town versus aging veteran who wants no trouble-and most unbelievable of all (
    Spoiler:
    Two of Yuppie gangsters being gay and making out right behind other henchmen, kidnapped child genius says he is undergoing "Stockholm Sydrom", then drives a snowplow massive truck...WTF?
    Most unforgiving is that the Director plays Neeson straight and thus there is little or none of the wry humor associated with other Neeson "Taken" style movies.

3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    This one has actually gotten decent reviews. I thought it was going to get panned. I'm seeing it this week with my dad.

I didn't realize it's a remake of a foreign film by the same director.

Country
    Country Flag

Cold Pursuit:

Spoiler:

3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    This one has actually gotten decent reviews. I thought it was going to get panned. I'm seeing it this week with my dad.

I didn't realize it's a remake of a foreign film by the same director.
    Interested to hear what you thought. I thought it was a refreshing movie. I like it much more than RF
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What Men Want:

Somewhat of a reverse movie of "What Women Want" from 2000 that starred a then popular Mel Gibson. Ali (Taraji Henson) stars as the lone female sports agent in a male dominated company. When passed over for partner, Henson goes on a binge and ultimately while at a bachlorette party drinks a special "tea" from a crazy psychic (Eryka Badu as one of the few funny people in the movie). Soon after, while at a nightclub, she falls and hits her head. Suddenly she can hear men's thoughts.

Utterly predictable, maudlin, and rarely funny.

3/6 on the RFSRS.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Utterly predictable, maudlin, and rarely funny.
    As seen in the trailer.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

January and February really are the dog days of August, the ides of March, etc. for movie releases.

Happy Death Day 2 U:

Take an amusing movie with a few compelling characters, sequel it, toss in Back to the Future 2, Weird Science, Groundhog Day, Scary Movie, and a few lesser know time travel movies, throw them in a blender, add a little Kale, blend on high for 1 minute. Pour the vomitus into a cup, do an elevator pitch and you have this terribly unfunny, unscary, movie.

2.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like more of the same (and the reviews seem to say the same thing), but I'll still see it. Looks like a fun, easy-watching, popcorn-munching movie where you know what you're gonna get. Sounds like you didn't have a good time with it, though?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It looks like more of the same (and the reviews seem to say the same thing), but I'll still see it. Looks like a fun, easy-watching, popcorn-munching movie where you know what you're gonna get. Sounds like you didn't have a good time with it, though?
    I wasn't bemused, I simply wasn't amused. I enjoy going to the movies, so even a "fair" movie is worth the $7 matinee price in a great theater.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Cold Pursuit. It has a little more style than films of that nature. It also has a surprisingly wicked sense of humor. My main issue is that Liam Neeson is doing his thing for the first act of the film, which is awesome, but he disappears for most of the second act and in the third act he's pretty much just a bystander.

I guess I was expecting him to take things into his own hands a little bit more, but the film really turned into a war between the rival gangs with Neeson in the middle of it. An entertaining film, you can't ask for anything more in February.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fighting With My Family:

Plodding, predictable (based upon actual events a few years ago), maudlin, and just a bit creepy. Perhaps it's just me, but I damn near need subtitles for some of the English accents. A few funny parts, and of course Dwayne Johnson (The Rock-please submit $5 to the WWE for using his stage name) has charisma in his several brief appearances.

3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 441 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 ... LastLast