Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 441 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 393 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welp, I just read what the film is about from Aronofsky's himself. While I was completely off, I still feel my theory can be adapted pretty well to what we just saw.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone watch "A Ghost Story?" Anyone like it? Personally, I felt it was very slow moving and a perfect film to put you to sleep instead of taking sleeping pills. 5/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Anyone watch "A Ghost Story?" Anyone like it? Personally, I felt it was very slow moving and a perfect film to put you to sleep instead of taking sleeping pills. 5/10
    I viewed it. I felt it was touching and thoughtful, but very slow moving.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's an arthouse film so that's to be expected. I haven't seen it yet, but slow pacing is the impression I got from the trailer. Hopefully that means I'll enjoy it more whenever I see it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's an arthouse film so that's to be expected. I haven't seen it yet, but slow pacing is the impression I got from the trailer. Hopefully that means I'll enjoy it more whenever I see it.

Don't fall asleep Mike! lol
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Don't fall asleep Mike! lol
    I will most definitely fall asleep. Whenever I watch a film I know is going to be slow I usually try to drink some coffee or a 5 hour energy.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I came THIS CLOSE to walking out of the theater during GHOST STORY during that one long 4 minute sequence that seemed to last forever. I was looking at the walls, the ceiling, the other patrons; but I stuck it out. Since I was clueless going in, I also thought there was something wrong with the projector. But I stuck it out and it has become one of my top 10 favorite films of the year so far.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm dying to see A Ghost Story.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kingsman Golden Circle

I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but I reject suspension of entertainment and enjoyment.
    Complete waste of talent in an almost incomprehensible "ass burner" measuring in at well over two hours.

It's almost like digitally going to the best restaurant in the world (French Laundry). It simply doesn't taste good-if at all.

Channing Tatum shows up and mumbles a few lines before truly acting "comatose".

A tracking device has to literally be placed (inserted), by going to 3rd base.

Things get repetitive, and despite some of the craziest, most well choreographed, filmed scenes, it's like watching a 5 course meal on video. Tasteless and tedious.

2/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

After having KINGSMAN THE SECRET SERVICE be one of my top 5 of the year when it came out, I must agree 100% with you Jerome. Even IMAX couldn't save it, although the first ten minutes weren't that bad.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I'm hearing a lot of reviews for Kingsman 2 that seem to be along the lines of mediocre at best and a really disappointing sequel at worst. It's a really big shame, too. Not only did I love the first movie, but I thought that the first trailer for The Golden Circle was absolutely brilliant. Great use of My Way, didn't reveal too much while still showing plenty of action. Shame that the film doesn't sound half as good.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched It Comes at Night last night. Another example of a film's marketing being totally misleading.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Geez, I saw IT COMES AT NIGHT at the theater and I completely forgot everything about it. I had to look it up. I think I remember liking it. That's what happens when you see over 150 movies a year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kingsman Golden Circle

I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but I reject suspension of entertainment and enjoyment.
    Complete waste of talent in an almost incomprehensible "ass burner" measuring in at well over two hours.

It's almost like digitally going to the best restaurant in the world (French Laundry). It simply doesn't taste good-if at all.

Channing Tatum shows up and mumbles a few lines before truly acting "comatose".

A tracking device has to literally be placed (inserted), by going to 3rd base.

Things get repetitive, and despite some of the craziest, most well choreographed, filmed scenes, it's like watching a 5 course meal on video. Tasteless and tedious.

2/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I'm assuming it falls into the same pitfalls that many other sequels have become victim to and that's the theory that bigger is better. Let's throw in even crazier action scenes, let's add even more characters, let's sprinkle in even more boundary pushing jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watched It Comes at Night last night. Another example of a film's marketing being totally misleading.
    Yup. My biggest issue with the film. That and the title.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Geez, I saw IT COMES AT NIGHT at the theater and I completely forgot everything about it. I had to look it up. I think I remember liking it. That's what happens when you see over 150 movies a year.
    Awwww, 150 is a cute number.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Since 2006, when I officially started my "Movie List," I have seen 3,298 movies and TV seasons. Every time I rewatch something, I update the date and rating columns.

3,298 movies would make my eyes fall out of my head! I was only counting movies I've seen at a theater though.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

3,298 movies would make my eyes fall out of my head! I was only counting movies I've seen at a theater though.
    Damn, that's a lot of movies in theaters, what is that, three a week? How is that even possible? Shit, in theaters I see maybe two a MONTH. I have no motivation to see Jack and Jill meets Grown Ups 3 in theaters, lol.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

One year, back in the 2000s, I managed to watch over 1,000 movies. My number is probably nearing 4,000 at this point. I have no clue how many TV shows I've watched over the years. My appetite has satiated a bit and now I see about 50 movies a year in the theaters and maybe another 100 outside the theaters.

Shannon, your take on films intrigues me at times because of how different it is from mine. What are your top/favorite films?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Top 15 TV Shows:
    Battlestar Galactica (2004)
    Breaking Bad
    Doctor Who (2005)
    Firefly
    Friends
    Game Of Thrones
    Grey's Anatomy
    Lost (#1)
    Making A Murderer
    Nip/Tuck
    Prison Break
    Sherlock
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Spartacus
    Walking Dead

Top 30 Movies:
    12 Angry Men (1957)
    Aliens
    Anchorman
    Closer
    Con Air
    Dark Knight
    Dredd
    Edward Scissorhands
    Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
    Family Stone
    Gladiator (#1)
    Inception
    Interview With The Vampire
    Jurassic Park
    Jurassic World
    Les Miserables (2012)
    Life Of David Gale
    Lion King
    Meet Joe Black
    Moulin Rouge
    Notebook
    Prestige
    Prisoners
    Pulp Fiction
    Saving Private Ryan
    Slumdog Millionaire
    Social Network
    Star Trek (2009)
    Terminal
    Vanilla Sky

Not even one of my top 10 movies is on your list Shannon, but I agree that 11 of them are outstanding. But I also found 3 of them on my worst movies list. 5 of them I have not seen, and of those there are 2 I have zero interest in. Sounds about right, I'd say, due to people's personal choices always being quite different.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What's your list?

I made a mistake. One of your movies IS on my list:

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    2. Lawrence of Arabia
    3. Dr. Zhivago
    4. The Godfather
    5. The Godfather Part 2
    6. King Kong (1933)
    7. Duck Soup
    8. Forbidden Planet
    9. Groundhog Day
    10. Pulp Fiction
    11. The Blues Brothers

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I made a mistake. One of your movies IS on my list:

2. Lawrence of Arabia
    3. Dr. Zhivago
    4. The Godfather
    5. The Godfather Part 2
    6. King Kong (1933)
    7. Duck Soup
    8. Forbidden Planet
    9. Groundhog Day
    10. Pulp Fiction
    11. The Blues Brothers
    I like that list! Don't forget we also have this thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ms-of-All-Time

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rated it a 1/5. Besides the iconic scenes, I don't remember much except that I found it slow and dated. Watched it 2/27/2010, so maybe it's time for a rewatch. It's one of the most highly rated movies of all time, so clearly I've got to give it another try. Maybe tonight ...

2. Lawrence of Arabia

On my TO WATCH list.

3. Dr. Zhivago

Also on my TO WATCH list.

4. The Godfather

Rated it a 3 out of 5 nine years ago. Classic, well done, but dated and slow. I preferred the second one more, and ...

5. The Godfather Part 2

I rated this a 4 out of 5. My favorite of the trilogy. If I have a spare half-day laying around with nothing to do maybe I'll do a rewatch.

6. King Kong (1933)

2 out of 5. Classic, iconic, but compared to the special effects of today, the creatures are laughable, which distracts from the film. And also, it takes almost 40 minutes to get to the fuckin' monkey.

7. Duck Soup

On my TO WATCH list, but I think I might die before I find enough motivation to watch it. Marx Brothers, Chaplin, the silent movie era, etc etc, definitely not my cup of tea.

8. Forbidden Planet

Hmmm ... I know I've seen this, my dad recommended it because he loves these types of movies, but it's not on my list. If I had to guess I'd go with a 2 ot of 5. Dated.

9. Groundhog Day

4 out of 5. Excellent movie, Bill Murray possibly at his best.

10. Pulp Fiction

Just a fantastic movie from start to finish. I don't think there is one second that is unloveable.

11. The Blues Brothers

Not even on my TO WATCH list. Meh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 441 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 393 ... LastLast