Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 441 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Bird Box. I absolutely loved this movie. Kept my attention the whole time edge of your seat style. It’s close to the book to with some pretty cool changes. So well done. 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This move reminded me of the similar concept from "The Happening." Before you go into a rage and assume "Bird Box" is just as bad, you can relax. "Bird Box" was much better. It had likable characters and stellar acting from Sandra Bullock. I felt that John Malkovich stole the show. It was great to see a ton of character development with so many characters. I rooted for many, but there were a few I was hoping would have an ending. There were "missing" parts of the story to give you questions and I am hoping this doesn't open up a vast universe of 18 more sequels and prequels. Overall I felt the movie was very good, very well acted, and had a nice concept. The negatives would be I didn't feel the river sequences were plausible and that the river sequences gave away too much. When you see the movie you will understand. Overall it is something people should enjoy from beginning to end. A nice horroresque type thriller. 7/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Bird Box. I absolutely loved this movie. Kept my attention the whole time edge of your seat style. It’s close to the book to with some pretty cool changes. So well done. 9/10

This move reminded me of the similar concept from "The Happening." Before you go into a rage and assume "Bird Box" is just as bad, you can relax. "Bird Box" was much better. It had likable characters and stellar acting from Sandra Bullock. I felt that John Malkovich stole the show. It was great to see a ton of character development with so many characters. I rooted for many, but there were a few I was hoping would have an ending. There were "missing" parts of the story to give you questions and I am hoping this doesn't open up a vast universe of 18 more sequels and prequels. Overall I felt the movie was very good, very well acted, and had a nice concept. The negatives would be I didn't feel the river sequences were plausible and that the river sequences gave away too much. When you see the movie you will understand. Overall it is something people should enjoy from beginning to end. A nice horroresque type thriller. 7/10
    Spoiler:
    WHat did the river give away? I am unsure what you mean?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spider Man : Into The Spiderverse

A vibrantly colored and intoxicating charm of a movie. It's not enough to say that it's 'the best Spiderman movie ever made', it's a great film in its own right.

True to it's comic book origins, the animated style gives it creative license to play with the conventions of film story telling and manages to tell a compelling coming of age tale without retreading the mythos of the original Spider Man (the film tongue-in-cheek recaps and pokes fun of this in a quick 30 second prelude to the movie).

While the film is entertaining from start to finish, the best bits happen once all of members of the Spider verse meet. While each of them are Spider Men (and Women), the events that shaped each of them in their respective dimension vary, yet each share a common thread of loss and yearning for redemption. Their worlds might be different, but the mantra of 'Great Power, Great Responsibility' resonates strongly in each of them.

Great for comic book fans, great for Spider Man fans, great for family entertainment.

4/5

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

A vibrantly colored and intoxicating charm of a movie. It's not enough to say that it's 'the best Spiderman movie ever made', it's a great film in its own right.

True to it's comic book origins, the animated style gives it creative license to play with the conventions of film story telling and manages to tell a compelling coming of age tale without retreading the mythos of the original Spider Man (the film tongue-in-cheek recaps and pokes fun of this in a quick 30 second prelude to the movie).

While the film is entertaining from start to finish, the best bits happen once all of members of the Spider verse meet. While each of them are Spider Men (and Women), the events that shaped each of them in their respective dimension vary, yet each share a common thread of loss and yearning for redemption. Their worlds might be different, but the mantra of 'Great Power, Great Responsibility' resonates strongly in each of them.

Great for comic book fans, great for Spider Man fans, great for family entertainment.

4/5
    People seem to be gushing over this one. I'm hoping to find the time to fit it in. The theater has become quite packed all of a sudden.

Also, it's great seeing your thoughts about a movie. I feel like it's been too long.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Spoiler:
    spoiler
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bumblebee... how it should have been the whole time. My fav Transformers film BUT was definitely more geared to kids. Still a lot of fun!!! 8/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    spoiler
    See I like that.... getting there is the journey.. if that makes sense lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Also, it's great seeing your thoughts about a movie. I feel like it's been too long.
    Thanks my dude. Feels good to write a review again. Hopefully I can get back into the groove.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

4/5
    I took my son to see this last night and I pretty much agree with everything you said. This has to at least be nominated for best animated feature. I'm glad we chose this over Bumblebee.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They Shall Not Grow Old: A really good documentary that is pretty unique in terms of presentation. Much of the film is done through voiceovers from WW1 soldiers. And since they're long dead, there were no talking heads really allowed the spoken experiences and memories to give the images more weight and context. What really gives it weight though is that despite not knowing any of the soldiers names, either through voiceover or on the screen, the documentary was really about living through WW1 and not about World War 1. World War 1 was the end of an era when it came to wars, since World War 2 changed the face of warfare forever (but warfare has even evolved not to resembles WW2 anymore). I really liked the stuff about the Germans they'd captured and the way the soldiers talked about them with fondness and without hatred, and a mutual empathy for how similar they were to themselves, and it's hard to believe warfare ever had any kind of mutual respect or understanding for the plights of your enemies. The epilogue especially was quite sad, as soldiers who'd survived returned to an apathetic England who were disinterested in the war and what they'd been through, and the isolation the soldiers felt. It must have been a horrible feeling. Especially when you think after winning World War 2 the hero's welcome those soldiers got. I suppose that really speaks to the general pointlessness of World War 1 when compared to the evil that had to be defeated in World War 2.

The efforts they put into adding colour and sound to black and white, silent film footage that's 100 years old was quite amazing to behold. It really helps make it feel more real. Book-ending the film with black and white, silent footage really heightened their work, when you see the imperfections in the film, not to mention the janky movements from the low frame rate cameras from those days. I do wish my theatre had a 3D cut of the film because it would've just felt that little bit more real, but I can't complain. Considering it's a 2 hour documentary with no real throughlines other than war starts and war ends, the two hours just flew right by because it was that engrossing.

5/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    They Shall Not Grow Old: A really good documentary that is pretty unique in terms of presentation. Much of the film is done through voiceovers from WW1 soldiers. And since they're long dead, there were no talking heads really allowed the spoken experiences and memories to give the images more weight and context. What really gives it weight though is that despite not knowing any of the soldiers names, either through voiceover or on the screen, the documentary was really about living through WW1 and not about World War 1. World War 1 was the end of an era when it came to wars, since World War 2 changed the face of warfare forever (but warfare has even evolved not to resembles WW2 anymore). I really liked the stuff about the Germans they'd captured and the way the soldiers talked about them with fondness and without hatred, and a mutual empathy for how similar they were to themselves, and it's hard to believe warfare ever had any kind of mutual respect or understanding for the plights of your enemies. The epilogue especially was quite sad, as soldiers who'd survived returned to an apathetic England who were disinterested in the war and what they'd been through, and the isolation the soldiers felt. It must have been a horrible feeling. Especially when you think after winning World War 2 the hero's welcome those soldiers got. I suppose that really speaks to the general pointlessness of World War 1 when compared to the evil that had to be defeated in World War 2.

The efforts they put into adding colour and sound to black and white, silent film footage that's 100 years old was quite amazing to behold. It really helps make it feel more real. Book-ending the film with black and white, silent footage really heightened their work, when you see the imperfections in the film, not to mention the janky movements from the low frame rate cameras from those days. I do wish my theatre had a 3D cut of the film because it would've just felt that little bit more real, but I can't complain. Considering it's a 2 hour documentary with no real throughlines other than war starts and war ends, the two hours just flew right by because it was that engrossing.

5/5
    Great insight here! I really want to see this one, but docs never open up near me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Escape Room:

6-pack of no name actors stuck in a series of escape rooms. Typical assortment-introverted college savant, game nerd, dirt bag grocery clerk, hot shot investment advisor, trucker, and female PTSD veteran.

All share one background quirk. Trick is to guess who gets picked off first (and last). Movie makers screw the viewer with an ending that almost commands a sequel, from a movie that commands a quick January release demise.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to Escape Room. I don't think it'll be anything groundbreaking, but it looks like good mindless fun.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm looking forward to Escape Room. I don't think it'll be anything groundbreaking, but it looks like good mindless fun.
    It was for me (good mindless fun). Not a great movie, but I don't regret the $6 matinee price I paid for a reserved power reclining seat in a well appointed theater.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Cargo - A Netflix zombie flick starring Martin Freeman. Simple story of a man who literally fought for his daughter until his last breath. If, like me, you thought Bird Box was devoid of any feeling of tension and dread, this might be a good watch. It's a similar premise, both are survival stories in which the "monster" isn't all that important. It reminded me of Brian Keene's The Rising and The Walking Dead when it was still watchable. 3.5/5

Bleach. Eh. It was okay. Watch the original anime or read the manga if you have the time. This was like Cliff's notes of the story. 2/5

Deadpool. Hilarious but unlike a proper good movie, no rewatchability quality here. Once the jokes are out, they're out and without those, Deadpool is just another soulless superhero flick. 3/5.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Vice:

Great black comedy look at the mysterious yet ultimately powerful Dick Cheney. Literally the puppeteer behind the inept George W Bush presidency, Cheney obviously changed the way things are done in Washington. The filmmakers break through the fourth wall, have a premature film ending, make you laugh, and make you deeply concerned with what lies ahead in our future. Christian Bale does his amazing immersion and becomes Cheney. Amy Adams is the puppeteer behind Cheney, just as Cheney was the puppeteer behind Bush. Fantastic performances by all involved, but IMO none worthy of winning an Academy award.

4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Vice:

Great black comedy look at the mysterious yet ultimately powerful Dick Cheney. Literally the puppeteer behind the inept George W Bush presidency, Cheney obviously changed the way things are done in Washington. The filmmakers break through the fourth wall, have a premature film ending, make you laugh, and make you deeply concerned with what lies ahead in our future. Christian Bale does his amazing immersion and becomes Cheney. Amy Adams is the puppeteer behind Cheney, just as Cheney was the puppeteer behind Bush. Fantastic performances by all involved, but IMO none worthy of winning an Academy award.

4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.
    I agree with everything you said, except I think Bale is worthy of an Oscar. I didn't see Christian Bale, I saw Dick Cheney.

The other scene I loved was the Shakesspeare scene. Briliant.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Glass is sitting at %36 on Rotten Tomatoes

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Replicas:

This mish-mash of a movie takes 4 or 5 good Sci-fi and moral plots, throws them in a blender, clones them, then uses the spilled effluvium to create a vomit mess. The worst part is the use of our favorite Verizon spokesperson as an assistant to Keaanu Reeves.

2/6 beers on the RFSRS

Country
    Country Flag

I’m heartbroken over this

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Replicas:

This mish-mash of a movie takes 4 or 5 good Sci-fi and moral plots, throws them in a blender, clones them, then uses the spilled effluvium to create a vomit mess. The worst part is the use of our favorite Verizon spokesperson as an assistant to Keaanu Reeves.

2/6 beers on the RFSRS
    agree wholeheartedly

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's on my radar as I'm a huge Dano fan.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still gonna watch it tho idgaf

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still gonna watch it tho idgaf
    Ditto that shit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 441 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast