Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 441 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears think the same

moreover, North By Northwest is a twin brother of another Hitch film, whose name I can't remember now - you see, I can remember either one or the other at a time; one of them invariably slips bears' mind
    Well, just stop thinking about North By Northwest and then you'll be able to tell us it.
    grrr, I had known what the other film was until I saw this!
    unsee it
    Brice channels Yoda.
    Yoda channels Brice.
    Yoda, Brice channels.
    Brice, Yoda channels.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the new Children of the Corn remake a couple nights ago. It doesn't even deserve a rating. It was that bad.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    Let Me In
    10/10
    This movie was stunning. The author, Lindquvist created a compelling story here. I will be seeing the original movie, "Let the Right One In," soon. This movie was pretty fantastic though. Best vampire movie i've seen... ever. No, I'm not kidding. This was really great.
    I'll be very curious to hear your thoughts on the original once you see it, and how the two compare. I absolutely loved that film, and because of that have been very hesitant about watching this one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Oh...I gota come back to this thread

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    Let Me In
    10/10
    This movie was stunning. The author, Lindquvist created a compelling story here. I will be seeing the original movie, "Let the Right One In," soon. This movie was pretty fantastic though. Best vampire movie i've seen... ever. No, I'm not kidding. This was really great.
    I'll be very curious to hear your thoughts on the original once you see it, and how the two compare. I absolutely loved that film, and because of that have been very hesitant about watching this one.
    Same here. Moretz is a quality young actress, but she just doesn't possess that level of menacing that the original actress had. Maybe I'm wrong though ...

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

I downloaded it last night. I'll be watching it tonight. I'll let you guys know what I thought of it after that. I didn't want to watch the original first, because I didn't want the American version to be spoiled for me. It's like knowing there is a movie coming out soon, wanting to read the book, and deciding to wait to read the book so you don't hate the movie. I wanted to watch the version that I assume will be better last. After that I'm going to read the novel. I wanted one with the original title, but I also wanted the first american edition, and that one has the "Let Me In" title. So I decided to go with that one. I sure as hell didn't want the trade paperback with that dumbass movie cover. Anyway, I'll come back later tonight.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

bears think the same

moreover, North By Northwest is a twin brother of another Hitch film, whose name I can't remember now - you see, I can remember either one or the other at a time; one of them invariably slips bears' mind
    Well, just stop thinking about North By Northwest and then you'll be able to tell us it.
    unsee it
    Brice channels Yoda.
    Yoda channels Brice.
    Yoda, Brice channels.
    Brice, Yoda channels.
    This is exponential!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Well, I watched the original tonight. There are a lot of scenes here that I felt were lacking and a lot of scenes that I thought were much better than the American version. The pool scene was longer in the American version. There are a few technical aspects that I liked better in the original and some I liked better in the American version. It was really a case of, one did some things right while it did others wrong. It seems that where one went wrong, the other went right. There are great things about both. Overall, I must say that I liked the American version better. I was able to get more sucked into the store without having to read the subtitles and I was able to better relate to the characters. The scene in which Oskar clocks the kid in the head with the big stick is much more believable in the American version (in which Oskar's name is actually Owen), but the scene where Eli (who's name in the American version is Ann) comes to Oskar and slips into his bed is much better. The scene where she puts on Oskar's mother's dress is better in the movie because it makes me understand a little more about the girl's relationship with the man she originally moved in with. But the scene pretty close after that, the bathroom scene, is much better in the American film. In the American film, the girl is much more brutal. They had a bigger budget so what she does is a little more believable as well.
    "Let The Right One In" 9/10
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    bears think the same

unsee it
    Brice channels Yoda.
    Yoda channels Brice.
    Yoda, Brice channels.
    Brice, Yoda channels.
    This is exponential!
    Indeed!

Add me to those who are reluctant/hesitant to see Let Me In due to the original's epicness.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Antichrist (by Lars von Trier):

Another tale of disgust von Trier feels towards us poor mortals. I liked the visuals, otherwise it left me as cold as the director’s eye. Also, hated the female: my strongest feeling during the whole movie was a desire to kick her in the ass (and it’s me speaking, you see, who is extremely averse to hurting a lady).

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Antichrist (by Lars von Trier):

Another tale of disgust von Trier feels towards us poor mortals. I liked the visuals, otherwise it left me as cold as the director’s eye. Also, hated the female: my strongest feeling during the whole movie was a desire to kick her in the ass (and it’s me speaking, you see, who is extremely averse to hurting a lady).
    So? No rating at all, Jean?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, I never rate real films - only genre movies, like horrors. I understand it is a thread for rating, but bears, you know -

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

"real films". I love bears.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, you should watch The Seventh Continent if you can find it.

Country
    Country Flag

have found, will watch (hopefully) on Monday, maybe even sooner

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

No, I never rate real films - only genre movies, like horrors. I understand it is a thread for rating, but bears, you know -
    Jean

"real films". I love bears.
    Me too.

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Town 8.5/10

Finally got to see it, and I was not disappointed. What an excellent film. I'm not a huge fan of Ben the actor, but I definitely think he shines behind the camera. And what an amazing performance by Jeremy Renner! Definitely the highlight of the film for me.

Pam have you had a chance to see the film yet? I know you're a big fan of Gone Baby Gone, so I think you'd really enjoy this one. There's also a really good scene shot at Fenway
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

phew its been a while. i have a list of films i watched on the plane, i realise you can't give a true rating based on plane watching but i think i can still give you a general idea

1. Karate Kid 2010 1/10 (very poor remake, it actually made me desperatly want to watch the original - the score of 1 is fo Jackie Chan alone)
    2. How to Train your dragon 8/10 - a gem of a find. I loved this little kids film (it did have a lot to do with the dragon looking similiar to shadow)
    3. Grown Ups 3/10 (a typical adam sandler film)
    4.Toy Story 3 4/10 it was ok, and i can see why it was popular but i didnt get the whole - this is the best film of the franchise that a few of my friends said, and what part of the film was supposed to make grown men cry?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    1. Karate Kid 2010 1/10 (very poor remake, it actually made me desperatly want to watch the original - the score of 1 is fo Jackie Chan alone)
    what is all this obsession with remakes anyway? I am not even going to watch the remake, I loved the original so much

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

what is all this obsession with remakes anyway? I am not even going to watch the remake, I loved the original so much
    Don't, all it does is depress you that they actually thought this was good enough to replace the original. Its not, no where near.

all the things that made the original good have been taken out

Karate Kid 2010 and original karate kid
    Spoiler:
    all the wax on, wax off that bulked up the first film? nope all the new kid does is take his friggin jacket off and hang it up!!!!! all the beautiful back story between Daniel and Mr M? gone in place of zipping through the story to get to the end

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Money, Jean. Remakes are, good or (99% of the time) bad, usually guaranteed to make some money by cashing in on a name that everyone can recognise. It's less risky for studios to remake a popular movie or adapt a popular comic name that is bound to fail as a quality movie instead of finance anything completely original. Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, one of the most wonderfully refreshing comedies this year (based on a comic, true, but a relatively unknown comic, and shockingly enough made by someone who actually respected the source material) did truly badly at the box office, barely making half of what it cost to make in box office revenue. The Karate Kid remake, on the other hand (about a kid who learns Kung Fu, for f**k's sake) has earned over 170 million dollars in the US alone. Disgusting to think of, I know, but that's how a lot film companies make easy money, now.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

candy: I suspected the changes would be just as you said they were. It's always all about taking the soul out of the original and replace it with fuss.

DD: yeah, I thought as much... very depressing, because with the prevailing American attitude towards "old" movies, generations grow without seeing the real thing or even suspecting they existed. It's like murdering old movies. I hate it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 441 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast