Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 441 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 328 378 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I'm glad you liked it, Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Most of the people who didn't like Signs thought the movie was about aliens. And then proceeded to nitpick what the aliens did, or didn't do, or should have done. The movie does indeed have aliens; but it is not about aliens. What it's about goes much *much* deeper than that.

It's a very good movie.
    The aliens are a McGuffin. It didn't have to be aliens that attacked the family and forced them to come to terms with certain truths. It could have been a tornado that wiped out the farm, a pandemic virus, a beseigement by Islamists--whatever.
    this, totally

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's how it was when I went to see Don't Breathe. Everyone was really involved, but were respectful and not obnoxious, so it was fun.

(EDIT: I was responding to Heather's post, but too lazy to quote it. Haha.)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Did you see Get Out yet Ricky? And yes it definitely made it fun. That girl next to us though was a little overboard. I've never seen anyone jumping up and down in their seat before Oh and this reminds me of a few other theater interactions I've had recently. I'll have to dig up that other thread.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't. The trailer never did anything for me. Now everyone's raving about it but I still can't get excited about wanting to see it
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I never even heard anything about it prior to the week it was released. I thought the trailer looked good, but the good reviews made me want to see it even more. I'd definitely recommend it, I think you'll enjoy it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well I never even heard anything about it prior to the week it was released. I thought the trailer looked good, but the good reviews made me want to see it even more. I'd definitely recommend it, I think you'll enjoy it.
    It was a nice surprise for me as well. Great flick for sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally went to see Get Out last night. What a great film. Highly recommend it. I don't want to say anything more about it though.

It was funny though because I don't think I've ever seen so much audience interaction with a movie before. The theater was pretty much all full, granted it's cheap night at that theater but I've gone many times on Wed and it's never been that full. The audience was so into it. It was like how horror film audiences are portrayed in the movies. Everyone was screaming at the screen, clapping and cheering. The girl next to us was literally jumping up and down in her seat. It was a little overboard to say the least, but definitely a fun film to see in theaters.
    *sigh of relief *

Phew, I'm so glad you liked it. My audience was also into it. A very fun experience. There were quite a few African Americans in my theater and I was feeding off of their enthusiasm.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I haven't. The trailer never did anything for me. Now everyone's raving about it but I still can't get excited about wanting to see it
    Damn, Ricky! You've been saying that a lot lately.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When we were leaving a theatre, a black guy who was in the theatre with us held open the door for me and my friend, waiting a good five seconds for us to walk out...It took every ounce of willpower not to make a joke...
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Damn, Ricky! You've been saying that a lot lately.
    Well, it didn't!

If I'm being honest, it's been way too long since a movie really blew me away. I've seen good ones, bad ones, but nothing that's really wowed me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Well for what it's worth, this is probably the best movie I've seen in quite some time. I don't want to hype it up too much though because then you'll inevitably be let down.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

@Matt. I do love your visual review!!!!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Great Wall with Matt Damon. The one positive thing I can say is that this is the first time I can remember where Damon had a different accent. Other then that I felt the movie failed with the story line, acting. special affects, etc. 3/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

I am going to be watching shortly Rogue One. Anyone see it and their thoughts? IS this another rehash or are we getting a new story which will be enjoyable?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I am going to be watching shortly Rogue One. Anyone see it and their thoughts? IS this another rehash or are we getting a new story which will be enjoyable?
    As far as I'm concerned, one of the best SW movies - ever.
    I'd rate it right after episode 5, which is my favorite.
    Definitely not a rehash, but a perfect set-up for episode IV.
    Highly recommended - enjoy!!

sk

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    That is what I would like to here. I am excited to watch this now .

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Kong: Skull Island today. Good action and effects, but other reviews are right in saying that the characters are very hallow and not fleshed-out. It also felt like they chopped off the last 15 minutes. It felt like there was much more closure and wrapping-up needed.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well for what it's worth, this is probably the best movie I've seen in quite some time. I don't want to hype it up too much though because then you'll inevitably be let down.
    Ricky, don't listen to Heather. Get Out is just average at best. There have been far better recent horror films. You should see it, but I wouldn't expect much. There's really no meaning to the film at all either. The one thing I have to say about the film though is

Spoiler:
    I'm kidding. Get Out was amazing. Best film of the year so far and I can't wait to buy it on Blu-ray and show it to everybody I've ever met.

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Passengers" was very disappointing, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

X-Men: Apocalypse

I didn't think it was as bad as I've heard people say. It had it's high points and it's low points. The last few minutes were ultra cheesy though. Apocalypse was alright. He represents my main problem with god-like villain in movies...if they're so powerful, why do they never kill any of the heroes? He could have killed all of the heroes, instead he didn't kill any, not a single one. Kind of makes him look like a bitch. It would be near the bottom of the X-Men films, probably right above X3 and Wolverine Origins.

Since I don't do half stars, I'm rounding this up to a generous 3/5

Train To Busan

This was a well-crafted film, but it was the characters and the performances which really made it stand out. It did a great job of making you connect with the right characters so their deaths/actions did what they were supposed to do, and it made the villains extra slimy so you wanted to see them go down, but at the same time they are sympathetic because they aren't necessarily bad people (we don't know much more than what we're shown), just terrified people looking out for themselves, for better or for worse.

My chief complaint is that it was too over-the-top, which lessened the tension for me. The film was at it's best when it slowed down. It reminded me of World War Z not just in the way the zombie infection worked, but in how World War Z was at it's most effectively when they stripped down the numbers of zombies, heightened the tension with silence and stakes, and gave the character some freedom to fight without being overwhelmed. Train to Busan is pedal to the medal once things go down, and it's awesome, but it's not near as intense as it should be because it's so much at once. It also doesn't help that the zombies are presented like these indestructible, overwhelming beasts that just swarm, but then there are scenes where characters, with limited weapons, are able to hold back groups of them.

For me, when it comes to zombies, less is more. If you want to go all out zombies and have it be super intense, you need more quiet spaces with less going on to heighten the tension when things go down. A prime example of this is 28 Days Later or Stakeland.

4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Overall I did enjoy the movie. The ending was a huge surprise to me and not only was it enjoyable, but it was also a speechless sadness. But, I already saw Return of the Jedi and saw the exact story line played and drawn out in "Rogue One" with shutting down the shields.....excluding any jedi characters. I thought it was well acted but sometimes I felt some of the characters overacted. I did enjoy it, I did not love it, but I did like it several times over then the re-hash last movie that was "Star Wars" lite.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Me, Myself & Irene

Over the almost 17 years since its release, I managed to see bits and pieces of the first 2/3 of this movie, but never saw the whole thing until this week. I know it's had some rough reviews, but I loved it; there were multiple parts that had me laughing like a lunatic (Hank's first appearance, cotton mouth, the "toy," the whistle-crying among them). Jim Carrey's talents, when used correctly, are amazing.
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

SPOILERS ABOUT THE TIMELINE/PACING OF THE MOVIE, NOTHING TOO SPOILERY
    Power Rangers (2017)

Rating: An Optimistic Three out of Five

I wasn't a huge fan of the original show. I mean, I watched it every now and then, but I was more into other brands around the same time. Superheroes, Ghostbusters, Transformers, etc. So when I heard about the new Power Rangers movie coming out, I laughed. WHY would they bring it back NOW?

And then the teaser trailer hit, and that put my ass in the theater. Extremely well done. HINTED at the costumes, and didn't show much of anything else. Loved it.

Well, I won advance tickets to see the movie last night. Rose and I went. Since these types of tickets are first-come-first-served, I knew there would be a lot of people wanting to see the movie, and I was right. I normally get to these types of screenings an hour to an hour and a half early, and I am able to get perfect seats. THIS ONE, Rose and I got there TWO HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES EARLY, and there were a hundred people ahead of us. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, here we go. The movie was ALRIGHT. If I could compare it to any movie, it would be the latest Fantastic Four. For a two hour movie, this movie was S.L.O.W. and then F.A.S.T. If they wanted to this movie to be all character development, then I get it. But it really wasn't. They literally didn't even mention Trini's NAME until an hour into the movie. I felt that everyone got the bare minimum amount of personal screentime and backstory, somehow. Elizabeth Banks' Rita was the best part for me, especially in her beginning phase.

But the pacing, man oh man ... So again, the movie was about two hours long. There was a total of one training montage, and two action scenes: One small, one big. And those two action scenes? The last fifteen minutes of the movie. And one last thing before I go. They never even said/mentioned/hinted at what the individual Zords were. T-Rex, Pterodactyl, Wooly Mammoth, Sabretooth Tiger, Tricerotops. While everyone knows this, you REALLY have to use your imagination to see it, because to me, they're just shapeless blobs of metal.

In reality I'd give it a two out of five instead of a three, but Rose enjoyed it (somehow) and I enjoyed it enough, so fuck it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    SPOILERS ABOUT THE TIMELINE/PACING OF THE MOVIE, NOTHING TOO SPOILERY
    Power Rangers (2017)

Rating: An Optimistic Three out of Five

I wasn't a huge fan of the original show. I mean, I watched it every now and then, but I was more into other brands around the same time. Superheroes, Ghostbusters, Transformers, etc. So when I heard about the new Power Rangers movie coming out, I laughed. WHY would they bring it back NOW?

And then the teaser trailer hit, and that put my ass in the theater. Extremely well done. HINTED at the costumes, and didn't show much of anything else. Loved it.

Well, I won advance tickets to see the movie last night. Rose and I went. Since these types of tickets are first-come-first-served, I knew there would be a lot of people wanting to see the movie, and I was right. I normally get to these types of screenings an hour to an hour and a half early, and I am able to get perfect seats. THIS ONE, Rose and I got there TWO HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES EARLY, and there were a hundred people ahead of us. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, here we go. The movie was ALRIGHT. If I could compare it to any movie, it would be the latest Fantastic Four. For a two hour movie, this movie was S.L.O.W. and then F.A.S.T. If they wanted to this movie to be all character development, then I get it. But it really wasn't. They literally didn't even mention Trini's NAME until an hour into the movie. I felt that everyone got the bare minimum amount of personal screentime and backstory, somehow. Elizabeth Banks' Rita was the best part for me, especially in her beginning phase.

But the pacing, man oh man ... So again, the movie was about two hours long. There was a total of one training montage, and two action scenes: One small, one big. And those two action scenes? The last fifteen minutes of the movie. And one last thing before I go. They never even said/mentioned/hinted at what the individual Zords were. T-Rex, Pterodactyl, Wooly Mammoth, Sabretooth Tiger, Tricerotops. While everyone knows this, you REALLY have to use your imagination to see it, because to me, they're just shapeless blobs of metal.

In reality I'd give it a two out of five instead of a three, but Rose enjoyed it (somehow) and I enjoyed it enough, so fuck it.
    Shannon.. I might have missed it but I was waiting to hear what you thought of Ghost in a Shell... good?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 441 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 328 378 ... LastLast