Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 441 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 331 381 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, I watched 'No Escape' last night with my wife. First, I think Owen Wilson does surprisingly well in serious roles. With that said, holy cow was that movie intense. I went into it thinking it wasn't going to be that great and wasn't really sure what to expect. It had me on edge just about the whole time. What a brutal and intense movie. Much more intense if you have children. Whew. That one caught me off guard.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    So, I watched 'No Escape' last night with my wife. First, I think Owen Wilson does surprisingly well in serious roles. With that said, holy cow was that movie intense. I went into it thinking it wasn't going to be that great and wasn't really sure what to expect. It had me on edge just about the whole time. What a brutal and intense movie. Much more intense if you have children. Whew. That one caught me off guard.
    I agree. I loved it.. One of his best films!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "Free Fire" yesterday. At 90 minutes, it might be considered short; but it actually was tedious at a few points.
    I love the 70's setting, clothes, etc. Wasn't so pleased with the several thick accents (Irish, South African Brit, British, Boston/East coast). The accents are fine, but trying to understand their English was challenging and led to several things I'm sure I missed.

Shifting alliances among the trapped gunners and a few funny parts, but like some parlor murder mysteries, this one wasn't tough to figure out.
    Spoiler:
    10+ men shooting it out, and only one woman-you figure it out.

3/6 beers. It would have made a perfect 1 hour movie.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed "Free Fire" yesterday. At 90 minutes, it might be considered short; but it actually was tedious at a few points.
    I love the 70's setting, clothes, etc. Wasn't so pleased with the several thick accents (Irish, South African Brit, British, Boston/East coast). The accents are fine, but trying to understand their English was challenging and led to several things I'm sure I missed.

Shifting alliances among the trapped gunners and a few funny parts, but like some parlor murder mysteries, this one wasn't tough to figure out.
    Spoiler:
    10+ men shooting it out, and only one woman-you figure it out.

3/6 beers. It would have made a perfect 1 hour movie.
    Completely agree with everything you said. There's a lot of wasted potential here. Some really good talent involved. Personally, I'm not sold on Ben Wheatley as a filmmaker. I haven't seen all of his films, but Kill List was just okay and High-Rise was an interesting idea, with poor execution.

My biggest problem with Free Fire was that you really don't get a sense of space. People are constantly shooting at each other, but you really have no idea who's shooting at whom. The biggest disappointment is Brie Larson. I thought she completely mailed this one in. Not a terrible film, but it could have been great in the right hands.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cell (2016)

One out of Five.

Holy. Fuck.

That was absolute trash.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Cell (2016)

One out of Five.

Holy. Fuck.

That was absolute trash.
    Huh. I didn't even know they made a movie of Cell.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Void 3/4

John Wick Chapter 2 4/4

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Extremely disappointed with Get Out. Not horrible, I'm still rating it a three out of five, but the way everyone was talking about it, I was expecting something special.

They lost me at the "reasoning" behind it all. Just lame.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Extremely disappointed with Get Out. Not horrible, I'm still rating it a three out of five, but the way everyone was talking about it, I was expecting something special.

They lost me at the "reasoning" behind it all. Just lame.
    Agreed! It wasn't very good for me either.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It was probably too hyped up for both of you. I thought it was really good.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's one you have to get in on the ground level on. It's also a great theater experience with a packed house. Best film of the year so far and it's not even close.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I liked Get Out but it's the not the greatest movie ever. The friend character was the best part for me. I'm a gore fan so I wanted more bloody vengeance but a solid film though. I can understand why it has a high rating because the first line of my review is "I liked Get Out"

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yeah, that's one you have to get in on the ground level on. It's also a great theater experience with a packed house. Best film of the year so far and it's not even close.

Ghost in the Shell broke my heart too . I was so looking forward to this cult Japanimation classic as an adaptation on the big screen. Sadly I was not impressed.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Definitely. Some movies are so much better in the theater with an audience that's also into it. When we went the theater was packed, and everyone was yelling at the screen. The girl next to us was even jumping up and down in her seat. It was a bit over the top, but it did make it entertaining.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Logan, Split, Beauty and the Beast ... I even gave Boss Baby a 4/5 in terms of entertainment quality.

Country
    Country Flag

Logan, Split, Beauty and the Beast ... I even gave Boss Baby a 4/5 in terms of entertainment quality.
    Ok... Boss Baby and Beauty??? Ummm no. Haha split yes... I'll give ya that

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Beauty and the Beast, despite being a remake, despite its very few flaws, was a fantastic movie. Just the songs and atmosphere alone make it a 5/5.

Country
    Country Flag

Beauty and the Beast, despite being a remake, despite its very few flaws, was a fantastic movie. Just the songs and atmosphere alone make it a 5/5.
    To each his own I guess. I just can't get ok board with that

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    To each his own I guess. I just can't get ok board with that

Kris are you sure you don't mean "ON BOARD"?

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got to see Logan in the movie theaters. WOW! I just loved every minute of it. It was even more violent than I was led to believe. They are rereleasing it this month for one night only in Black and White, and that really intrigues me. I remember how affecting the black and white sequences were in Kill Bill. I may have to check it out again. Again, I loved it. 9/10.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If the live action version of Beauty and the Beast is 5/5, what is the animated version? I find it hard to believe they are both 5/5. I enjoyed the live action version, but it doesn't come close to the animated version.

I loved Split and Logan, but Get Out is my favorite film of the year. It's innovative and important on so many levels. We need more movies like this.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Animated is 5/5 also, for me.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Animated 5/5, live action 4.5/5 (I hated the cgi effects for Beast's face).

Country
    Country Flag

Just seen Gardians... no DT trailer... and the worst Marvel movie to date. 5/10. Some cool shots but the constant bickering and sappy banter was just over the top... and NON STOP. Pretty disappointed
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 441 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 331 381 ... LastLast