Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 441 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mission Impossible Fallout:

Stunts that build and build to leave you breathless near then end. They did a great job integrating Cruise into his own stunts. Thin but acceptable plot, that still might have you scratching your head later on at the refrigerator. Saw it in IMAX 2D in power recliner chair, but at 2 hours and 27 minutes, it is a bit too long.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I know, right? I can't believe there are people missing out on this fantastic recent trilogy. Especially because of something as silly as one's religious beliefs (if that's what you want to call it) or the fact that someone jumped on a couch once. Your loss.
    Those things annoy me, yes, but there’s more to it than that. The guy is one of the most arrogant and controlling actors in the business, He’s ruined movies, prevented great movies from being released, and treats people like you and me like pissants. I don’t think of me not seeing his movies as a loss. More of a win, really. But like I said, this is the first time I’ve wanted to watch a movie with him in it for a long time and I probably will watch it.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Those aren't really plot holes to me. The audience is being asked to fill in the blanks once we know what's going on.

Spoiler:
    One thing people aren't mentioning is the fact that this expedition was comprised of all females. This isn't a coincidence. The lifeform inside Area X returns people to our world. They're different, but they appear to be the same person. You can make the case that when Lena's husband returned, he convinced the people in control of the expeditions to send in an all female crew. He probably specifically recommended his wife to be part of it. I know it might seem like a stretch, but it's certainly plausible.

The lifeform in Area X needs a female host in the outside world in order to procreate. What better way to do it than to recruit females to volunteer.
    Whatever it was - plot holes or speeding things up - my point is merely that it distracted me. Took me out of the movie for a few seconds but it wasn’t enough that I didn’t enjoy the movie. Wasn’t that big of a deal really.

I didn’t pick up on the significance of the all-female expedition until the last scene. One thing I don’t get about that theory, though, is that he was in a coma, wasn’t he?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I love the entire Mission Impossible franchise (even 2 in it's corny bad action movie ways). Honestly, I never thought I'd say this, but I actually missed Jeremy Renner's character in this movie. But the return of Rebecca Ferguson's character was much needed. Henry Cavil was also really good in this too.

Having watched all these movie recently though, makes me wonder if Tom Cruise is some kind of weird vampire or something though. He seems to hardly age through the series, while both Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg seem to have aged fairly drastically.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Those aren't really plot holes to me. The audience is being asked to fill in the blanks once we know what's going on.

Spoiler:
    One thing people aren't mentioning is the fact that this expedition was comprised of all females. This isn't a coincidence. The lifeform inside Area X returns people to our world. They're different, but they appear to be the same person. You can make the case that when Lena's husband returned, he convinced the people in control of the expeditions to send in an all female crew. He probably specifically recommended his wife to be part of it. I know it might seem like a stretch, but it's certainly plausible.

The lifeform in Area X needs a female host in the outside world in order to procreate. What better way to do it than to recruit females to volunteer.
    Whatever it was - plot holes or speeding things up - my point is merely that it distracted me. Took me out of the movie for a few seconds but it wasn’t enough that I didn’t enjoy the movie. Wasn’t that big of a deal really.

I didn’t pick up on the significance of the all-female expedition until the last scene. One thing I don’t get about that theory, though, is that he was in a coma, wasn’t he?
    Comparing and contrasting how the male expeditions went compared to how the female expedition went is quite an interesting exercise.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Comparing and contrasting how the male expeditions went compared to how the female expedition went is quite an interesting exercise.
    Oh I see. I haven’t read the books yet so it didn’t even occur to me her husband could’ve been working to get Lena in from inside the shimmer or before he went into a coma. Or while in his coma for all I know. Have to say my interest in the books is piqued.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Having watched all these movie recently though, makes me wonder if Tom Cruise is some kind of weird vampire or something though. He seems to hardly age through the series, while both Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg seem to have aged fairly drastically.
    I think Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves drink each other's blood...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    What a great quote lol.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    What a great quote lol.
    Sounds hot! I'd watch that movie. Interview with Dracula?

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I saw Capote on Sunday. I would give it 4 stars. Philip Seymour Hoffman did a spot-on impression of Truman. I also read the book In Cold Blood on the weekend. It's the kind of novel that haunts you for a really long time. The way that Truman wrote it, I almost felt sorry for one of the murderers. He had a really lousy childhood.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently saw two movies. First up, Hoffa.

Hoffa was released in 1992. I recently saw that it was playing on one of the cable channels I subscribe to, and I thought, what the heck - Nicholson is great, and James Hoffa's life would probably make an interesting film - I bet it's at least very good, if not great. I was wrong.

The story was told in odd fashion, mostly through scenes that lacked context, I assume so that the viewer focused more on Hoffa as a personality than the movement of which he was part, but then, I think the lack of context defeats this. Perhaps this is down to Mamet's writing; I have the impression that he cares less about what he does than how he does it.

Some of the fight scenes were silly. I know it must be difficult to create the appearance of actual violence in a crowd of people that aren't actually hurting each other, but I didn't make this movie, 20th Century Fox did. The scene where DeVito leapt onto Nicholson was an absolute hoot.

Speaking of DeVito...he's great in comedy, but he is absolute shit in dramatic roles. He just can't do it. I guess he isn't to blame for accepting a paycheck when horribly miscast, and who among us would turn down a chance to work with Nicholson? Still, he hurts this film.

Special effects generally weren't noticeable, which meant they worked, with two very noticeable exceptions: the hunting scene and the scene where Bobby Ciaro (DeVito) met with D'Allesandro (Armand Assante). The background "sky" in both scenes was high school musical-quality. Just laughable.

To sum up: while Hoffa was nowhere near what I thought it would be (and what it could have been), it was still very watchable - Nicholson did not disappoint, and the story was compelling enough.

Random:
    It was strange to see a young John C. Reilly (who apparently can handle drama, in addition to making me laugh my balls off) here.
    It was also good to see J.T. Walsh.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I also saw Roman J. Israel, Esq., which reminded me why I watch movies in the first place.

I don't recall this film receiving much attention when it came out (recently, 2017). Maybe I just missed out and didn't notice; perhaps it was difficult to distill the essence of this into a gripping 30-second spot.

Denzel Washington re-confirms that he can handle pretty much any role; who is better than him right now? Or at least on the same level? It would be a short list.

Is it a film about social justice? About a man questioning his own choices? About making us question things we take for granted about the justice system? Maybe all or none of these things - although you can find messages if you look for them - because this is a film that tells its story intelligently and unfolds simply and logically, while neither hitting us over the head with a message nor needlessly obfuscating things. This is not an "art" movie (not that there's anything wrong with that) - this is just a great movie. I would put it up there with Fences as one of DW's best films.

Random:
    Colin Farrell (not one of my favorites, but he's occasionally okay) does just fine here.
    It even ends with a great song coming up over the credits - The Spinners' I'll Be Around.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You definitely liked Roman J. Israel, Esq. better than I did. I had been looking forward to it but was kind of disappointed it didn't live up to my expectations. I especially did NOT like the ending. But I do agree that Denzel (and the characterization of Roman) was fantastic.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I guess I haven't posted in here in forever, but I saw Jurassic World 2 a few weeks ago. Am I the only one that didn't like it? I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the only ones I really enjoyed were Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. The whole storyline for this one was just too cheesy for me. Is there really going to be a third? I wonder what they'll do for that one.

The best thing about it was that I saw it at the drive-in while vacationing at the Cape, and the second movie they showed was Jaws
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    ...I saw it at the drive-in while vacationing at the Cape...
    I pictured you saying this as you suavely smoked a cigarette and blew smoke over your shoulder like a fancy person.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The visuals in Jurassic World 2 made it better than Jurassic World, which did almost nothing for me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I pictured you saying this as you suavely smoked a cigarette and blew smoke over your shoulder like a fancy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The visuals in Jurassic World 2 made it better than Jurassic World, which did almost nothing for me.
    But the story was so ridiculous. I enjoyed Jurassic World for what it was and thought it was a good way to revive the series.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually missed Jeremy Renner's character in this movie.
    Completely forgot about him. Didn't think of him for even a second.

And I'm a Renner fan.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually missed Jeremy Renner's character in this movie.
    Completely forgot about him. Didn't think of him for even a second.

And I'm a Renner fan.
    I watched Suburbicon a few weeks back. I can honestly say it's one of the worst films I've seen in years. Such great talent associated, but man what a mess.

I've come to the realization that George Clooney is just not a very good director.

I also saw Eighth Grade today and I thought it was a really solid, coming of age, slice of life film. They really nailed what it's like to be a young teen girl in today's world. The girl who played the main character gave one of the best performances I've seen from such an unknown young actress.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

But the story was so ridiculous. I enjoyed Jurassic World for what it was and thought it was a good way to revive the series.

What Jurassic Park story isn't ridiculous?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Into the Wild last night. I'm not sure how to rate it. It was a beautiful film to watch and captured, at least a portion of, an emotional struggle and journey of a young man. A young man searching for freedom, understanding, and I think unconditional love while conversely running from the acceptance of these things. Concepts of the what and why of life were touched on throughout the movie and an interesting look into some of the fringe elements of society.

Since this is the rate the movie thread I will say 4 out of 5 stars. It made me think, provided some beautiful scenery, and had multiple special moments.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Lots of movies lately:
    • Skyscraper - loved it. Really brought be back to the days of The Towering Inferno and Die Hard. I actually showed both of these to my daughters before heading to see The Rock's latest popcorn faire. The movie did not disappoint. 8/10
    • MamaMia II - very watchable. Remember, I have two daughters and a wife. The first one is a guilty pleasure, thought not so guilty given it's 600+ million worldwide box office - crazy. I didn't enjoy it as much as the family, but it could have been worse. 7/10
    • Mission Impossible: Fall Out - loved it! Cruise is getting all the accolades for his stunt work, but I really loved the supporting cast in this one. Henry Cavill was surprisingly good, thought limited. Simon Pegg was spot on funny. Ving Rhames was slyly funny - I wish he would get a little more to do. Vanessa Kirby was an unknown to me, but impressed - reminiscent of Cate Blanchette. Rebecca Ferguson just kick major ass, and it was good to tie up the Michelle Monaghan storyline with a solid cameo. The bathroom fight scene was to die for! 9.5/10

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    ...I have two daughters and a wife...
    I, too, have trodden this curious and twisted path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Watched Into the Wild last night. I'm not sure how to rate it. It was a beautiful film to watch and captured, at least a portion of, an emotional struggle and journey of a young man. A young man searching for freedom, understanding, and I think unconditional love while conversely running from the acceptance of these things. Concepts of the what and why of life were touched on throughout the movie and an interesting look into some of the fringe elements of society.

Since this is the rate the movie thread I will say 4 out of 5 stars. It made me think, provided some beautiful scenery, and had multiple special moments.
    Really enjoyed this one as well. I've been wanting to read the book ever since seeing the movie.

What Jurassic Park story isn't ridiculous?
    Jurassic Park, and to an extent Jurassic World. I can't remember Jurassic Park 2 that well, all I keep rembering was the book which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I know the movie strayed far from it. This movie was easily the most ridiculous of the bunch though.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The original JP is definitely not ridiculous, it's one of the best sci-fi novels ever written and securely in the pantheon of all-time greatest novels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 441 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 ... LastLast